Mid-Atlantic Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington DC & West Virginia

Radley or pohanka (nova)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 07:14 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radley or pohanka (nova)

Any opinions on which one had better customer service and prices? Looking to get one of the few 2012 tsx SE 6MT left at either dealer.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:58 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Pohanka without a doubt. Radley has the crummiest store and incompetent service advisors.

Pm me for the contact of a good sales guy at pohanka.
The following users liked this post:
Pakjk (04-15-2012)
Old 04-14-2012, 08:05 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
pohanka. bought both of my babies from there.

hated radley. their sales dept is the typical sales tactics and very pushy. and their parking lot is insanely small and tight.

pohanka on the other hand...will give you the best deal and the easiest to deal with (literally no pressure sales). the service dept...nothing but good things to say about them. they know me well over there, so they make sure to take care of my car (i'm really anal about this part...NO WASH, no ding, no scratch, no marring...thanks). seriously, i've always been treated really well over there (i try and stay with the same SA every time i go in for service). there have been a few folks that had bad experiences with the service dept....BUT i think those are the exceptions rather than the norm.
Pakjk (04-15-2012)
Old 04-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,145 Likes on 4,812 Posts
Ive only dealt with Pohanka Honda, but if the Acura store is anything like the Honda store, Pohanka for sure.
Pakjk (04-15-2012)
Old 04-15-2012, 09:13 AM
3rd Gear

Anyone have experience purchasing a tsx SE from pohanka? They seem to be charging more than radley or anywhere else in the DMV area.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:26 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

wait it out with pohanka....deal with the internet sales guys...they'll come around esp at the end of the month. need a name? PM me. have you tried truecar(s).com for a price???

i've bought my TL new from them (at the end of the month and end of the qtr for that matter, can you say $5 over invoice?) and my MDX CPO'd from them. you have to be fairly serious about purchasing before they start to say....give you better numbers. there first number will always be the standard. the other thing you could do is throw the other dealers numbers at them and see what they come back with. be persistent and see what happens. i never went into test drive my TL before i bought it. had never been to that dealer prior to purchase. dealt with the internet sales guy over 3 months until i was ready to buy. then came time to buy and my car came off the truck 3 days before....i got a great deal.

regardless of the car you are buying it's all the same. play the game...and be straight forward without being a jerk. know your number and then have at it.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:50 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 362 Likes on 267 Posts
Best time to buy is at the end of the month where the sales people need to meet their quota. I have had good experiences with Rosenthal Acura up here in Gaithersburg which is a walking distance from my house.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:50 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Every dealership will start high, but in the end Pohanka comes down to beating any price in the area.

They have a couple of internet guys and the one I dealt with cut through the BS fairly quickly once he realized that I was serious and not just a tirekicker.

Do your research elsewhere and go into Pohanka knowing what you want. If they beat the other prices then buy it there - otherwise go back to the other guys.

You also need to remember that the price of a car is only part of the whole purchase - convenience of getting the car serviced, ease of getting loaners and having a parking lot that minimizes the chances of lot damage are all part of the equation.
TLtrigirl (04-15-2012)
Old 04-16-2012, 08:26 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Honestly, my general experience with both Radley and Pohanka have been similar. I have bought one car from each and neither one wowed me, but neither one offended me either.

I just bought from Chevy Chase Acura (I got the last SE with the 6MT that they had) and their sales experience was also very similar. Like Radley used to (not sure if they still do), Chevy Chase offers free oil changes for the life of the car and free car washes. When I bought my TL-S, Pohanka only offered the first oil change for free.

At the end of the day, I would rank them all about the same for sales and since I really always knew exactly what I wanted done, my service experience has been pretty similar with all three. I would go with whoever gives you the best price and go from there.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:42 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Honestly, my general experience with both Radley and Pohanka have been similar. I have bought one car from each and neither one wowed me, but neither one offended me either.

I just bought from Chevy Chase Acura (I got the last SE with the 6MT that they had) and their sales experience was also very similar. Like Radley used to (not sure if they still do), Chevy Chase offers free oil changes for the life of the car and free car washes. When I bought my TL-S, Pohanka only offered the first oil change for free.

At the end of the day, I would rank them all about the same for sales and since I really always knew exactly what I wanted done, my service experience has been pretty similar with all three. I would go with whoever gives you the best price and go from there.
When I was doing my shopping I went to Rosenthal, Pohanka, CC, Radley and Norris.

Rosenthal had the best overall price, gave me a good price on my trade (called around, inspected the car etc) but insisted on re-evaluating my trade the following day when I went in to put my money where my mouth is. Oddly enough, my trade was worth $1k less all of a sudden. Decent parking and service. Usually have loaners

Norris had a decent price on the car and an okay price on my trade. Way out in the sticks for me and they annoyed me by adding my email to their Nissan mailing list. Loaner may be a Ford or a Nissan.

Pohanka had the best price on my trade (by far) and decent on the car. They ultimately also beat the USAA price on the new car so I'm happy. Great service hours (6am to 11pm Mon-Fri and extended hours Sat and Sun.) No appointments needed and a huge fleet of loaners.

Chevy Chase is located in downtown Bethesda and has parking issues. Their parking garage is tight. Good selection of cars (most stored indoors) and they have a decent service dept. Beat the USAA price on the new car but were trying to lowball my trade by $4k.

Radley has lousy parking, a service dept not fit for a Traband and the lousiest waiting area this side of Grayhound bus depot. Price on my trade was better than CC but they wouldn't even match the USAA price - much less beat it. Stotte salespeople.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:54 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

...Like Radley used to (not sure if they still do), Chevy Chase offers free oil changes for the life of the car and free car washes. When I bought my TL-S, Pohanka only offered the first oil change for free...
The CC "oil changes" are just that - oil changes. It is like getting a $29 coupon for each service as they charge you for the other stuff.

What should be considered is that MD allows a $200 processing fee (up from $100 prior to June 2011) while VA allows a $400 fee. All things being equal, this makes a new car $200 cheaper in MD and is a negotiating point when buying a car in VA.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:21 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

why would anyone in NoVA want to drive up to bethesda for an oil change?? and i wouldn't want the free car washes anyway (not a selling point for me). most luxury brands offer free car washes. i always tell the boys at pohanka NOT to wash the car (with great emphasis and a nice note IN the car for the tech as a reminder). the freebie i do get is the annual state inspection for the life of owning the car.

OP-what it comes down to is location for service (and trust along with customer service of course), as for purchasing...up to you. if you buy from a dealer you will also foreseeably go to for service, you will be treated a little better (from my experience-customer loyalty has its rewards) and you will probably get either free oil changes or state inspections (if in VA) and the car washes (if you want them, i'm anal so no washes for me and if they "accidentally" do ).
Old 04-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Cosmic Cowboy

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Which Radley's, the one in Falls Church or Woodbridge? I'm planning to use the one in Woodbridge for my recall service. They were pretty straight with me before, but that was like two years ago now. Any update on their service department.
Sorry for the jackin'
Old 04-16-2012, 07:09 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

^^i would assume radley in falls church. woodbridge...is a long drive.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:57 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by g1underground
Which Radley's, the one in Falls Church or Woodbridge? I'm planning to use the one in Woodbridge for my recall service. They were pretty straight with me before, but that was like two years ago now. Any update on their service department.
Sorry for the jackin'
I just know Radley in FC. Crappiest service dept I've ever seen. Te SAs were confused about the cost of a B1 service and their waiting area was horrible.

The sales people were arrogant and had the "if you're not buying today then why did you come here" attitude. If my car broke down a block from Radley's, I'd pay to have my car towed to virtually any other dealer.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:20 PM
Cosmic Cowboy

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Thank you both, Silly me I've gone from DC to Woodbridge for their service. I travel for trust, had bad experiences with the ones close to me...Chevy Chase and that one in Gaithersburg.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:33 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

^^i heard karen radley in woodbridge is better than the radley in fc.

well now you don't need to drive so far unless you have phobia of I-66(i wouldn't blame you, if you did).

my brother has had luck with tischer's service dept or the one in annapolis for warranty work.

i do know what you mean about trust.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:24 PM
'06 NBP TL 5AT NAV

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I bought my '06 TL new at Pohanka with no complaints, it was actually a pretty professional experience. As for service, I've had good experiences with both the Pohanka and Karen Radley (Woodbridge, VA) service departments. But to buy parts and accessories I use Karen Radley, they will deal, Pohanka has been strictly list price.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:16 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Originally Posted by Waveform
I bought my '06 TL new at Pohanka with no complaints, it was actually a pretty professional experience. As for service, I've had good experiences with both the Pohanka and Karen Radley (Woodbridge, VA) service departments. But to buy parts and accessories I use Karen Radley, they will deal, Pohanka has been strictly list price.
so true....coupons help...but they won't price match off the web. sometimes they MIGHT work with me on pricing, but usually they just tell me list price. oh well.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:52 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by TLtrigirl
^^i heard karen radley in woodbridge is better than the radley in fc.

well now you don't need to drive so far unless you have phobia of I-66(i wouldn't blame you, if you did).

my brother has had luck with tischer's service dept or the one in annapolis for warranty work.

i do know what you mean about trust.
I've heard that as well, but it would be nigh impossible to be worse.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
+1 for Pohanka, Jerry is a good guy. Highly recommended!!!
Old 06-14-2012, 03:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts
Ive always gone to Radley's. I dealt with only one sales guy and its, show the price I want to pay, done. I am well known at Radley's and I feel it all comes down to the relationship you have with a particular dealer. I tip my service advisor, so my car is pampered at their tiny dealership. Car is NEVER parked in any parking space. If you have no relationship with a dealer, then yes Pohanka is the place to go. There are a volume dealer as so as Radleys's. Wherever you go stay away from Tischer Acura or you will pay through the nose. They are for profit dealer as in get all I can from you.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:48 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

^^i have a good relationship with the boys and gals at pohanka. my SA makes sure my cars get taken care of appropriately and so do a few others over there as i have mentioned earlier.

i do agree that if you have a relationship with the dealer, they will treat you a lot better. the other thing...know what your car needs and you won't have to worry about getting fleeced. i've never had an issue with pohanka (well maybe a couple car washing incidences ). they've always taken good care of me and tolerate my anal OCD tendencies (could be b/c i'm a girl and i take care of of the babies too ).
Old 06-27-2012, 04:27 PM
3rd Gear

I have had a good experience with both, dropped my car off for brake service at Radley but they were honest and told me I had plenty of pad left, I was really impressed. But again, Pohanka and Radley both treat me well.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:54 AM
9th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Experienced at both dealer, I bought my first acura at chantilly pohanka, great experience on buying the car, however when I went back there for an extended warranty service for my CD/radio display, the service writer was very rude so I end up have it repaired at Tyson's honda instead. Second acura, I went to woodbridge Radley, before I commit to buy it, every thing was great, once I sign the paper, everything changed. I told them that I drive 30 miles to buy their car plus I will stuck in traffic for 1 and half hours, so the car better be ready when I come pick it up. They made me waited almost 2 hrs and the saleman"George" totally forget about me after he finish helping the other customer. when I pick up the car, the heat shield under the hood was messed up by the power wash, the car only has 1/4 tank of gas and I was told that's their policy, I never heard any thing of that. A set of floormat and service history was promise by the salesman and of course I never hear any thing from him. On the hood shield, it end up I got a new one and got in installed for free, it's all because of the mechanic speak up for me. Then after two months, we got another TL, we went back to Chantilly Pohanka , Great experience, great service.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:10 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

^^just FYI...karen radley in woodbridge is NOT affiliated with radley in falls church.

though it seems like they do have a few things in common. some good...some not so good. their sales dept feel like they are similar (at least the times i had interacted with them). the experience left me

1/4 tank of gas??!! that's a hell of a line of crap! nothing worse than poor customer service (this goes in ANY industry).