Mid-Atlantic Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington DC & West Virginia

Just a heads up....

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 11:18 PM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Just a heads up....

Last night my car was stolen, i was held up at gunpoint... for those of you that travel in D.C be careful. I was in NW Washington at about 3:30 last night after leaving the club with some friends, 2 of them got into an argument so i pulled off about 3 blocks away on Connecticut to calm the situation down... everything was fine as i was walking back to my car im about to be at the passanger side door and a dude is walking up with a gun pointed right at me and he says "Dont come any closer im taking your whip" i turn and take cover with the rest of my friends. Another guy hes with jumps into my car the head down the street and come back around to stop and pick up 3 more people ... im like WTF joyride my fu**ing car? I call 911 they come and there sooo damn useless... i didn't remember all of my tag number they find my car zooming down Connecticut ave. at about 130 mph in the rain and they come back and say we had the car but we lost him going into Bethesda?! IM LIKE WTF! Seriously how if there was about 6 or more of you and 1 of him. They started making all these excuses and im already pissed off, they then ask me for my tag number again i guessed the rest of it and i asked u can just search my name in the system and get my damn tag number... 5 Undercover and 5 regular cop cars and not one of them has a damn computer... im like seriously?! what are you guys good for... they then take down all my info and friends... and now im mad. All my friends left there wallets, keys and more in my car and so did I... I have no car, and my friends have all there money in my car... The guy was just beating on my car i wish he would have totaled it because i honestly don't want it back anymore, cops said he may have left it at a metro station, i checked Bethesda, white flint, rockville and shady grove and it wasn't there or in any garages so i just passed out in my friends car for about an hour... i went out looking for my car from 6am to about 9am and couldn't find it... I later received a call from the detective that they recovered my vehicle...ok great! anything wrong with it? No nothing that i can see... well FML i dont want it back i just want what is in the car and he wouldnt even let me go and get it or look at my car... so now i have to wait and hopefully tomorrow can go and get my car back...

So just a heads up... be safe in the district cuz there is too many grimy ass low lifes out there stealing peoples cars.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:01 AM
08 Type S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn man that sucks!! Sorry I was at a Acura meet today and was telling one of the guys about how nice your car was in that color.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:41 AM
05 TL NBP 6spd S front

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Glad you ok
items in the car are replacesable but life is not.
Hopefully your car is in one piece. I recomend have your friends change their locks in their houses just as safety.
good luck
Old 09-13-2010, 10:31 AM
j1n
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by melvin2816
Glad you ok
items in the car are replacesable but life is not.
Hopefully your car is in one piece. I recomend have your friends change their locks in their houses just as safety.
good luck
agreed. also OP if you don't live in DC i would hope you have something for home defense.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:33 AM
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 170 Posts
Sorry to hear. I'm glad you're okay and I hope the car is, too.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:56 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by LowNslo TypeS
Last night my car was stolen, i was held up at gunpoint... for those of you that travel in D.C be careful. I was in NW Washington at about 3:30 last night after leaving the club with some friends, 2 of them got into an argument so i pulled off about 3 blocks away on Connecticut to calm the situation down... everything was fine as i was walking back to my car im about to be at the passanger side door and a dude is walking up with a gun pointed right at me and he says "Dont come any closer im taking your whip" i turn and take cover with the rest of my friends. Another guy hes with jumps into my car the head down the street and come back around to stop and pick up 3 more people ... im like WTF joyride my fu**ing car? I call 911 they come and there sooo damn useless... i didn't remember all of my tag number they find my car zooming down Connecticut ave. at about 130 mph in the rain and they come back and say we had the car but we lost him going into Bethesda?! IM LIKE WTF! Seriously how if there was about 6 or more of you and 1 of him. They started making all these excuses and im already pissed off, they then ask me for my tag number again i guessed the rest of it and i asked u can just search my name in the system and get my damn tag number... 5 Undercover and 5 regular cop cars and not one of them has a damn computer... im like seriously?! what are you guys good for... they then take down all my info and friends... and now im mad. All my friends left there wallets, keys and more in my car and so did I... I have no car, and my friends have all there money in my car... The guy was just beating on my car i wish he would have totaled it because i honestly don't want it back anymore, cops said he may have left it at a metro station, i checked Bethesda, white flint, rockville and shady grove and it wasn't there or in any garages so i just passed out in my friends car for about an hour... i went out looking for my car from 6am to about 9am and couldn't find it... I later received a call from the detective that they recovered my vehicle...ok great! anything wrong with it? No nothing that i can see... well FML i dont want it back i just want what is in the car and he wouldnt even let me go and get it or look at my car... so now i have to wait and hopefully tomorrow can go and get my car back...

So just a heads up... be safe in the district cuz there is too many grimy ass low lifes out there stealing peoples cars.
OP glad your ok... And although you may not want to hear this... I PREACH this to my own 21yr old and 20yr old Daughter and Son also... NEVER, EVER, pull off to the side in the Metro area unless its in a WELL LIGHTED and heavily observed location an absolute necessity or a life and death situation.... And you must ALWAYS watch your surroundings..... I love this area, but everybody around these parts dont play by the same rules.... Your party made itself a target... loud arguments draw unwanted attention. And low lifes are always on the look out for an easy mark.... Again sooo glad to hear your ok as well as your friends.... You can get another car.... you only get one life.... Use this as a tuff LIFE lesson and grow from it......

Last edited by nicourt; 09-13-2010 at 02:57 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-14-2010, 07:08 AM
Chapter Leader (Mid-Atlantic Region)

Received 269 Likes on 225 Posts
wow.. sorry to hear mike, glad you and everyone is okay, keep us updated on the situation!
Old 09-17-2010, 10:10 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 194 Likes on 151 Posts
You should always be mindful fo your surroundings. You and your friends made yourself and easy target. Sorry it went down like that. I was actually in that area around the same time having some fun for my bday.

I'm sorry this happened to you but hopefully next time you know what precautions to take to avoid this in the future. Glad you are safe.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:37 AM
Safety Car

Received 219 Likes on 168 Posts
That really sucks. Gunpoint is a serious situation. Hope everything works out.

Alot of shootings are happening nowadays. smdh.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:35 PM
OG 3.x^7 rawr

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
damn, thats sorry to hear that happened to you.

CCW FTW If they did that to me, they wouldn't go too far.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:47 PM
05 TL NBP 6spd S front

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by SPoolinspOON
damn, thats sorry to hear that happened to you.

CCW FTW If they did that to me, they wouldn't go too far.
CCW??
Conceal Carry Weapons permit.
Gun laws in dc are so hard plus they don't grand father VA Conceal Carry Permit.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:58 PM
j1n
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
CCW??
Gun laws in dc are so hard plus they don't grand father VA Conceal Carry Permit.
gun laws in DC are retarded. i think its a felony to even have ammo on you.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Instructor

CCW??
Yup. It's events like this that point out how ridiculous D.C. firearm laws are.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:40 PM
AM To WDP In My Garage

Received 102 Likes on 97 Posts
man that sucks bro, at least your ok.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:57 PM
FRESHINNOVATION NBP TL-S

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
damn mike, i just read this. sorry to hear this happen. glad you and your friends are ok. hit me up
Old 09-24-2010, 02:49 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,461 Likes on 3,055 Posts
sorry to hear, any updates?
Old 09-24-2010, 07:04 PM
Cosmic Cowboy

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Xander Crews
Yup. It's events like this that point out how ridiculous D.C. firearm laws are.
Let me second that! Takes a year and a month to get a permit, the gun must be in your house broken down and unloaded. You tell the guy hold it, get my gun from the lockbox, load the clip, insert the clip, remove the trigger lock, aim and fire. Gottaloveit
Old 09-25-2010, 02:35 AM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,323 Likes on 4,900 Posts
This is a bit late but I dont frequent this area much -

Holy fuck. Im glad youre ok though, even if you are pissed. Any news on the car?
Old 09-25-2010, 10:18 AM
TL type dude

yo fuc dc thats why i never go into DC with my TL not a smart idea especially if i gotta mkae moves and park it.. trust me dont do it i know a couple of cars whose been stolen and trashed... good luck with the car situation but damn thats bullshit
Old 09-27-2010, 07:05 AM
WINNING

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
wow crazy..sorry bro..
how did it turn out?
Old 09-27-2010, 07:43 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 194 Likes on 151 Posts
Originally Posted by theproblemkid21
yo fuc dc thats why i never go into DC with my TL not a smart idea especially if i gotta mkae moves and park it.. trust me dont do it i know a couple of cars whose been stolen and trashed... good luck with the car situation but damn thats bullshit
LOL I park my car in DC everyday, I also hang out in DC. Never had a problem. I think anytime you go into ANY major city you will have problems like this. Bottom line is take the necessary precautions to safeguard yourself and your belongings.

Again sorry to the OP, I couldnt imagine having to go through something like that. Good luck from here.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:39 PM
Cosmic Cowboy

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
^^ +2
Old 09-27-2010, 09:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by L's TL
LOL I park my car in DC everyday, I also hang out in DC. Never had a problem. I think anytime you go into ANY major city you will have problems like this. Bottom line is take the necessary precautions to safeguard yourself and your belongings.

Again sorry to the OP, I couldnt imagine having to go through something like that. Good luck from here.

FYI this happened at 3:30 AM.