Mid-Atlantic Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington DC & West Virginia

Good Body Shop?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 01:07 AM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Body Shop?

Hello all!

In the saddest news I have to offer in months, my baby has been in a small accident. I let a friend test drive my new TL that I bought not even 3 months ago, and in my driveway he accidentally hit the accelerator instead of the brakes and ran straight into the rear end of my uncles SUV. Uncle's bumper needs to be replaced; although on my TL there doesnt seem to be much mechanical damage, there is a decent amount of body damage. Bumper, Hood, possibly lights, hood latches, radiator all need to be replaced for sure, and maybe more once they take it apart and see behind everything.

Does anyone have some recommendations for a good certified and licensed shop in the Philadelphia / New Jersey area? Acura gave me a ridiculous estimate along with a ridiculous attitude at Precision Acura of Princeton. My friend would like to pay out of pocket to get the work done, but I don't want to pin him with the almost 5k the dealer is asking, as I will also be chipping in (He is like family to me, but I can't afford all of the work on my own unfortunately; I just dropped quite a bit on the car itself.)

Any and all help / advice is much appreciated! This is my baby and I gave her nothing but the best for the short 2 months I've had her, and as much as my spirits are down, I still want to keep her and for her to have the best. I need her looking brand new!!

Thanks!
Old 07-16-2011, 02:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,989 Likes on 1,412 Posts
as far as a good shop in your area, post in the REGIONS section in your particualar area and someone can help out.

That seems like quite a bit of damage for a low speed impact. Can you post a few photos of the damage and maybe the scans of the acura invoice?
The following users liked this post:
vyaspaulas (07-20-2011)
Old 07-16-2011, 09:33 AM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,102 Likes on 763 Posts
Originally Posted by vyaspaulas
I let a friend test drive my new TL that I bought not even 3 months ago, and in my driveway he accidentally hit the accelerator instead of the brakes and ran straight into the rear end of my uncles SUV.

Does he have insurance, or do you? If either is "yes," just make a report and have the insurer pay for it.

Call the local new car dealerships, find the body + frame shops they use, then see if they are on the insurance cos. "approved" list.
The following users liked this post:
vyaspaulas (07-20-2011)
Old 07-20-2011, 05:48 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He is going to pay for half of it now, and does not want to go through insurance. I ended up getting lots of estimates, and the Lawrenceville Toyota / Scion / Lexus seems to have a "somewhat" reasonable price, and seemingly good people. They also offer a lifetime guarantee on their work. If you're interested, I'll let you know how they do.