Mid-Atlantic Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington DC & West Virginia

Crown Acura Richmond,VA

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Crown Acura Richmond,VA

Ok here is my little rant and speal about Crown Acura in Richmond, VA.

I bought my 2008 Acura TL Type-S from Crown Acura in Richmond, VA on 1/26/2011. I bought this car with 30K miles on the clock and with a squeaky clean carfax; I was so in love with this car and I felt that I was getting an outrageously awesome deal. Was told it was bought at Crown, Serviced at Crown, and had never had any issues and as the carfax showed had never been in a wreck or anything. It was a certified pre-owned which means it went through a 150 point inspection and had the 100K mile warranty on it. I bought the car and have loved it ever since. It took me 2 weeks and 4+ phone calls to get the second set of keys however I got them so I was happy.

The last time I was having my oil changed at Tischer Acura on 12/2/11 I spoke with the service manager about some white spots on my passenger side rear quarter that looked like sealant pop to me and to which he responded the quarter had been resprayed and that it would not be covered under the warranty and it would be a somewhat costly repair. This was news to me as I was told this car had NEVER had body work done and it was the same thing carfax said. After I got him I called Crown Acura and spoke with an employee who stated the service manager Mike was out for the day and he would leave him a note to call me back the next day. I never received a call from Mike so I called him the afternoon of 12/3/2011. Upon speaking to Mike he told me that the car looked great when he sold it so he didnt know what I was expecting him to do and that I needed to understand I bought a used car and he cant help that it seems to have been repaired on the previous persons own accord (who was a leaser) and that he would ask the GM and Acura what his responsibilities would be to me on the car and said he would also contact the previous owner to check about the repair. He then said the only way he could possibly help me out was if I drove down to Richmond, VA (3 hour drive) and let his people look at it. I told him I could drive down the next day or the next Saturday and Mike said he would set me up a time and date after he spoke with the GM and Acura. However I have still not received a call from Mike or anyone at Acura regarding my issue. So now I am left out in the dust to either live with it or spend my own money to fix a car I was sold as never having any accidents and such.

Here are some pictures.
http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...int%20Failure/

Needless to say I am far from happy with Crown Acura as they are not standing behind the car they sold me. I will not send anyone to buy anything from them unless this issue is resolved. I have been sending all my friends to Hall Acura in Newport News for any of their needs involving purchasing or maintaining an Acura.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:17 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
sorry to hear that-
carfax are only good with information that is provided to them. I have all the service done by two acura dealers. If you were to look at the carfax on my tsx none of the service is on it. I asked the owner of one of the dealerships why. He told me that they do not share information to carfax.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:51 PM
Pro

Yea sadly I doubt Crown will do anything for me as everyone has told me...But by hell I will scream alot and loudly and do what I can to be heard...But it prolly wont even bother them but it will make me feel better lol...
Old 01-04-2012, 03:17 PM
it's a car-drive it

Originally Posted by ChrisJ
Yea sadly I doubt Crown will do anything for me as everyone has told me...But by hell I will scream alot and loudly and do what I can to be heard...But it prolly wont even bother them but it will make me feel better lol...
go to the dealerrater website and write a review
Old 01-04-2012, 08:17 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
not everything is reported to carfax. the body shop i use told me they dont' report anything to carfax. the insurance companies might.

unfortunately, you are most likely SOL. the dealer knew as much as you did (at least that is the impression they give).

i've heard the "you bought a used car" line. i'm not sure how you can argue/discuss your paint issue with the dealer to work out in your favor. have you had a body shop look at it to see how much it would be to fix? the dealer might be willing to split it, but you don't have service history with them so they really have nothing to gain by helping you.

sorry about your car. i understand your frustation (i've had my fair share of paint issues). i'm not sure you have much leverage.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:06 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
Unfortunately CarFax doesn't mean squat if items aren't reported to CarFax. And the CPO 150 point "inspection" is more likely pencil-whipped than actually performed with anything resembling dilligence.

For instance, item #18: "Minimum two master keys, one valet and two remotes (if equipped with OEM remotes)" - at the time of sale. How'd that work out for ya?

On the checklist they are supposed to inspect body panels, but if there is nothing obvious, they can claim they did their job.

Here's the CPO checklist if you need it (PDF download): http://www.acura.com/content/pdf/CPO_150pt.pdf

I'm no fan of the Crown dealerships. Twice I've tried to make a work with Crown Acura in Greensboro for a purchase and both times they just jerked me around and wouldn't commit to a price without coming into the dealership. Flow Acura (Winston-Salem) on the other hand, did EVERYTHING but the final paperwork via email.

GL.

Last edited by Bearcat94; 01-05-2012 at 01:10 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by nj2pa2nc
go to the dealerrater website and write a review
I did...And amazingly they called me within 5 minutes of it...

Originally Posted by TLtrigirl
not everything is reported to carfax. the body shop i use told me they dont' report anything to carfax. the insurance companies might.

unfortunately, you are most likely SOL. the dealer knew as much as you did (at least that is the impression they give).

i've heard the "you bought a used car" line. i'm not sure how you can argue/discuss your paint issue with the dealer to work out in your favor. have you had a body shop look at it to see how much it would be to fix? the dealer might be willing to split it, but you don't have service history with them so they really have nothing to gain by helping you.

sorry about your car. i understand your frustation (i've had my fair share of paint issues). i'm not sure you have much leverage.
Yea I took to an Acura dealership here in MD...

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
Unfortunately CarFax doesn't mean squat if items aren't reported to CarFax. And the CPO 150 point "inspection" is more likely pencil-whipped than actually performed with anything resembling dilligence.

For instance, item #18: "Minimum two master keys, one valet and two remotes (if equipped with OEM remotes)" - at the time of sale. How'd that work out for ya?

On the checklist they are supposed to inspect body panels, but if there is nothing obvious, they can claim they did their job.

Here's the CPO checklist if you need it (PDF download): http://www.acura.com/content/pdf/CPO_150pt.pdf

I'm no fan of the Crown dealerships. Twice I've tried to make a work with Crown Acura in Greensboro for a purchase and both times they just jerked me around and wouldn't commit to a price without coming into the dealership. Flow Acura (Winston-Salem) on the other hand, did EVERYTHING but the final paperwork via email.

GL.
Well the general Manager James Williams called me about 5 minutes after I posted this on the dealerrater.com site. I however didnt know he called as I work in a secure building and cant bring any electronic devices in with me. So I called Mr.Williams back. At first I thought it was going to be a waste but it might actually turn out good...Here is how it went...

Me: Hello Mr.Williams sorry for not getting back to you right away but I can not have my phone on me at work

Mr. Williams: Well you was able to write that review about my dealership on the dealerrater website though.

Me: yes sir that is the internet and is allowed in my building. But sadly no external electronic devices

Mr. Williams: I see. So why did you jump straight to the website and not talk with us about this?

Me: Mr.Williams I did talk to your dealership about this via the sales Manager Mike. He told me that he was going to talk to you and then talk to Acura about what can be done to make this right.

Mr. Williams: I see well I never heard from Mike about this <he puts me on hold for a minute> Mr. Jobe?

Me: yes sir

Mr. Williams: I do remember talking to Mike about your issue but he said we were waiting on you to come down and let us look at it but you never called back or came down.

Me: Sir I was never told that I needed to call back and typically as a customer I would expect Mike to call me back seeing as he said he would call me back and let me know. I was completely unaware of a determination on the subject.

Mr. Williams: So when can you come down?

Me: this Saturday works fine for me

Mr. Williams: Hold one second sir I am going to get my Service Director Ken Windsor.

Me: Ok

Mr. Williams: I have Ken here with me and he says the Acura rep is here on Tuesdays and it would be best to come down then.

Me: Ok next Tuesday?

Mr. Williams: I will let you speak to Mr. Windsor.

Mr. Windsor: Hello Mr. Jobe my name is Ken Windsor and I am the service manager here at Crown Acura. I understand there seems to be an issue with the paint on your 2008 Acura TL Type-S.

Me: Yes sir. the passenger side c pillar has white specs on it that extend halfway down the body panel all the way to the tail lights and there is a blending mark on the middle of the c-pillar right above the door.

Mr. Windsor: ok well lets set up a time for you to come down. Better yet Mr.Jobe do you have any pictures of this damage?

Me: yes sir I do. The same ones I sent to Ken Littlefield

Mr.Williams: Why would you send them to him he only moves the cars in the parking lot

Me: He was the one that sold me my car.

Mr. Williams: I see.

Mr. Windsor: Mr.Jobe if you can send me the pictures maybe we can save a trip down here. If the pictures show what you are saying then bringing it for a hands on is not going to help. I can send the pictures to Acura and we can go from there.

Me: Sir I can do that what email would like me to send them to?

Mr. Windsor: email address here

Me: I will send them within the hour.

At that point Mr. Windsor said if he didnt get pictures by today he would call me. I just emailed Mr. Windsor to confirm he received the pictures and he said had them and would be calling me back today with information on where we go from here.

On the dealerrater Crown has 5 stars and that was actually one reason I went to them to purchase the car. They actually have a great name everywhere I have looked so I never questioned it. I did get a great deal on my car and even though the sales experience with Mike and Ken was not the greatest the experience I had with Robert Baylor the Finance Manager was one of the best experiences I have EVER had at a dealership. On dealerrater they have 18 days before a negative feedback goes live. If the issue is rectified I will be changing my feedback to a positive one. If it doesn't get rectified then my negative feedback will stay and I will be forced to pay out of pocket to get it repaired.

www.dealerrater.com
Old 01-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,043 Likes on 848 Posts
Your convo sums up my dealings with crown as they are my only local stealership.

Those clowns are like the front line, and rarely let anything slip to the management team.

And rest assured you made the right move posting negative feedback because that 5 star rating is the most important thing to them.

Good luck on the fix.
The following users liked this post:
civicdrivr (01-05-2012)
Old 01-05-2012, 10:53 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by HEAVY_RL
Your convo sums up my dealings with crown as they are my only local stealership.

Those clowns are like the front line, and rarely let anything slip to the management team.

And rest assured you made the right move posting negative feedback because that 5 star rating is the most important thing to them.

Good luck on the fix.
Tech is kinda my life so posting it on the internet was only a matter of time before I found the right place to put it for them to take notice. The 5 star rating is a big deal to them and everyone else as it should be. With the level of Tech we now have entwined in our everyday lives it is only plausible to think that one would want the best rating they can get. As when I was looking I searched the sites and found the ratings and felt very comfortable buying from them at that time. I got a great deal on my car and I couldn't pass it up. However if I had know it had been wrecked and resprayed I would have NEVER bought it. I wont buy cars that have been wrecked I just dont do it. I know alot of people will say cars are resprayed and people are never the wiser but so be it if I dont find out then I don't know about it.

Lets hope between Crown and Acura they decide that it is best to just fix the issue and let us all go along our merry little way...But just in case I have purchased web space to build a website devoted to documenting this issue if it doesn't get handled...I also let them that I am the Admin of a Mustang forum with 50K+ people and that I would be posting my story there...Even though it is a Mustang site I will make sure the names are tagged and listed on google...So let hope for the best...

I will update this post this afternoon after talking to Mr. Windsor.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 194 Likes on 151 Posts
Yea you never go through a sales person to bring a service related issue to light. I understand he was the one who sold you the car but always speak to the service manager.

Also I know you are in the Ft. Meade/Laurel area but stop going to Tischer Acura unless you want to have similar problems. I bought my 03 TLS from them and the only reason I took my car up there for service is because I had to due to the acuracare warranty coupons being through them. I had so many issues with people there it was ridiculous.

I now take all of my Acuras to Acura West in Ellicot City, Criswell Acura in Annapolis (last experience with them was strange, my service advisor took my keys with him to his extended lunch and I had to wait hours for him to return), and Pohanka Acura in Chantilly. Pohanka has been my best experience. Its far but worth the peice of mind. Plus they have the largest loaner fleet in the country as its the largest Acura dealership in the country.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Suzuka Master

Good for you, I can assure you that they are not used to dealing with people who can provide feedback beyond their neighbor and the water cooler at work.

They are the only dealer with in a 2 hour radius so needless to say that people are forced to deal with them.

My warranty experiences with them have been shotty at best and had I not gone in there with knowledge about my car they probably would have screwed me over too.

Keep us posted.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:15 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by L's TL
Yea you never go through a sales person to bring a service related issue to light. I understand he was the one who sold you the car but always speak to the service manager.

Also I know you are in the Ft. Meade/Laurel area but stop going to Tischer Acura unless you want to have similar problems. I bought my 03 TLS from them and the only reason I took my car up there for service is because I had to due to the acuracare warranty coupons being through them. I had so many issues with people there it was ridiculous.

I now take all of my Acuras to Acura West in Ellicot City, Criswell Acura in Annapolis (last experience with them was strange, my service advisor took my keys with him to his extended lunch and I had to wait hours for him to return), and Pohanka Acura in Chantilly. Pohanka has been my best experience. Its far but worth the peice of mind. Plus they have the largest loaner fleet in the country as its the largest Acura dealership in the country.
I spoke with the sales manager who was Mike...He was my only POC...But now I am talking with the GM and Service Director so lets hope they make it right...

I am actually not going back to that Acura dealership...First off it was dirty...They put my car through the car wash when I asked them not too...And it took them over 2.5 hours for an oil change...Not only that but their service manager wasnt the most helpful with my issues...I have a CEL that pops on randomly about the gas cap...I had it checked at Hall and they said it was the evap canister but sadly I had to move before they were able to get it in stock down there...I told that to Tischer and they said they needed to recheck so they did...Claimed they could not find the issue...But not low and behold the intermittent CEL is back...My wife works at AAMC so I will be either going to Annapolis or Elliot City...

Originally Posted by HEAVY_RL
Good for you, I can assure you that they are not used to dealing with people who can provide feedback beyond their neighbor and the water cooler at work.

They are the only dealer with in a 2 hour radius so needless to say that people are forced to deal with them.

My warranty experiences with them have been shotty at best and had I not gone in there with knowledge about my car they probably would have screwed me over too.

Keep us posted.
The world wide web can be the best tool for both the dealership and the buyers in this day and age...Words are now more powerful then ever...

I always had good experiences with Hall Acura in Newport News...Thats where I used to get all my maintenance done and I loved it there...

They tried that...I had got an e-quote for $4K less then they were "going" down to from their site so they had to stand by it...they tried to get me into every other TL but the black on black TL Type-S that I wanted...I didnt want a 3.2 TL...I didnt want a seagull TL...I wanted a 07/08 NBP/KBP/Ebony TL Type-S and that was all I would take...I had done my homework on here and other sites as well so I was no dummy going in...Sadly the issue is from shotty repair or shotty factory prep...
Old 01-05-2012, 12:00 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,465 Likes on 4,982 Posts
Hopefully they fix this for you. I can't stand Crown Acura. ive been there twice and the salesmen were dicks to me - maybe thats due to my age, but they should know not to judge a book by its cover. I was seriously considering an 08 TL-S6.

I think they feel that since they are the only Acura dealer in Richmond they can act that way and try to strong arm customers, but seeing Bearcats response, something tells me its just a Crown thing
Old 01-05-2012, 01:52 PM
it's a car-drive it

I only have one acura dealer near me in NC. They also own the honda dealer. The next closest is a 120+mile drive away. I only take my car to the local dealer when necessary. I prefer the dealer in Pa. Luckily I visit that area on a regular basis.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
Hopefully they fix this for you. I can't stand Crown Acura. ive been there twice and the salesmen were dicks to me - maybe thats due to my age, but they should know not to judge a book by its cover. I was seriously considering an 08 TL-S6.

I think they feel that since they are the only Acura dealer in Richmond they can act that way and try to strong arm customers, but seeing Bearcats response, something tells me its just a Crown thing
We will see...Still waiting on that call...But wont know until I go out to the car...

I only have one acura dealer near me in NC. They also own the honda dealer. The next closest is a 120+mile drive away. I only take my car to the local dealer when necessary. I prefer the dealer in Pa. Luckily I visit that area on a regular basis.
Yea I will just have to make the drive alittle longer...I hated going to Laurel, MD anyways...
Old 01-05-2012, 02:53 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,465 Likes on 4,982 Posts
Ive dealt with Pohanka Honda, and if they are any indication, Pohanka Acura should be good too.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:04 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts

Mr. Williams: Well you was able to write that review about my dealership on the dealerrater website though.

Mr. Williams: I see. So why did you jump straight to the website and not talk with us about this?

Me: Mr.Williams I did talk to your dealership about this via the sales Manager Mike. He told me that he was going to talk to you and then talk to Acura about what can be done to make this right.

Mr. Williams: I see well I never heard from Mike about this <he puts me on hold for a minute> Mr. Jobe?

Me: yes sir

Mr. Williams: I do remember talking to Mike about your issue but he said we were waiting on you to come down and let us look at it but you never called back or came down.

Me: yes sir I do. The same ones I sent to Ken Littlefield

Mr.Williams: Why would you send them to him he only moves the cars in the parking lot

Me: He was the one that sold me my car.

Mr. Williams: I see.

www.dealerrater.com
Parts of that conversation just make me roll my eyes.

Deflect & Deny. Act only when forced to.

Regardless, GL getting resolution. And thanks for the Dealer Rater site.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:06 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

i go to pohanka acura...great service dept. i always get treated well without the BS. i've been going there for a while. no complaints...all the SAs that have been there a while know me...and they know i'm particular about my cars. "no wash, please!"
Old 01-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Suzuka Master

something tells me its just a Crown thing
yup
Old 01-06-2012, 07:26 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
Parts of that conversation just make me roll my eyes.

Deflect & Deny. Act only when forced to.

Regardless, GL getting resolution. And thanks for the Dealer Rater site.
Yea I wont quit...I will continue to go until I get what I want...I always have and always will be that way...

i go to pohanka acura...great service dept. i always get treated well without the BS. i've been going there for a while. no complaints...all the SAs that have been there a while know me...and they know i'm particular about my cars. "no wash, please!"
Nice I will have to look them up...I checked out the Annapolis Acura last night...

Ive dealt with Pohanka Honda, and if they are any indication, Pohanka Acura should be good too.
Another good review I will check them out for sure...

Here is how my convo with Mr. Windsor went last night. Mr.Windsor called me while I was at work so when I got off work at 430 I called him back.

Mr. Windsor: Mr.Jobe after looking at your pictures I can see that there is paint issues. But also it looks as if this is not the factory Acura finish.

Me: Sir I would have to agree with you and so does the Service Manager of the local Acura dealership here. I am not sure who did the work, how it was done or when it was done except I know I didn't do it and was not aware of it at the time of purchase.

Mr. Windsor: Also just so you know carfax is only a tool. As per our body man here if the total fix is 1% of the vehicles value or $1000 it does not have to be reported to carfax. Also some dealerships will drop their labor rates and such just to make sure it stays under the $1000 cap. At this point this seems to be what the previous person who had ownership of your vehicle had this repair done.

Me: I understand that carfax is not the end all be all tool. Truthfully I dont care about that. I just want the paint on my car fixed and I dont think that is too much to ask.

Mr. Windsor: I am sorry Sir but I am just the Service Director and if its not the factory paint I cant really be of help to you. You will need to speak with Mr.Williams our GM and see if there can be a fix to come of this.

Me: Ok will do thank you Mr. Windsor for your help in this manner.

There was some chit chat between Mr. Windsor and myself but nothing of importance...Mr. Windsor also recommended I go to a couple shops up here and get quotes for the repair and send them to him and Mr.Williams to see if it can be handled without me driving down to Richmond. So thats where I sit now...
Old 01-06-2012, 07:29 AM
Pro

I hope they understand that the longer it takes to make me happy the more forums I will be posting this on...

I posted it on ModdedMustangs 2 days ago and it is now the 6th result for Crown Acura per google...

https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-...w=1280&bih=866
The following users liked this post:
EL19 (01-06-2012)
Old 01-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Pro

This is the quote to fix my 1/4... Definitely a bad re-spray and the shop said was sealant pop from crappy prep-work...
Old 01-06-2012, 05:31 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

that price sounds about right for a respray. esp since that panel includes the upper door trim along the roof. so they have to blend the paint.

its all in the prep like anything else. make sure the shop you go to knows exactly what your expectations are. my body shop has a very clear understanding of my expectations and my anal OCD paranoia with my TL which is a lot higher than my MDX. so, they take care of me and my car as if it was their own car (the manager and my rep). if it doesn't meet their standards, it will definitely NOT meet mine. my car is back over there again (my TL had an unfortuante incident with a fallen tree limb this week).

good luck...you're headed in the right direction...at least the dealer is considering the fact they will pay you to get it fixed (at least they are trying, just be persistent and firm).
Old 01-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Yes, it is not factory paint, but they should have caught that when they certified the car, or their used car manager missed it. Either way, the dealership should step up and help you out on this. Pay for the repair and call it a day, they can afford it. And they SHOULD have caught it.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:19 PM
Pro

that price sounds about right for a respray. esp since that panel includes the upper door trim along the roof. so they have to blend the paint.

its all in the prep like anything else. make sure the shop you go to knows exactly what your expectations are. my body shop has a very clear understanding of my expectations and my anal OCD paranoia with my TL which is a lot higher than my MDX. so, they take care of me and my car as if it was their own car (the manager and my rep). if it doesn't meet their standards, it will definitely NOT meet mine. my car is back over there again (my TL had an unfortuante incident with a fallen tree limb this week).

good luck...you're headed in the right direction...at least the dealer is considering the fact they will pay you to get it fixed (at least they are trying, just be persistent and firm).
Its in their best interest to make me happy...I have my website all ready to go and can have it ranked right under their site on google within a week...

http://www.criswellcollisioncenter.com/

They do really good work from what I saw...

Originally Posted by ncelk
Yes, it is not factory paint, but they should have caught that when they certified the car, or their used car manager missed it. Either way, the dealership should step up and help you out on this. Pay for the repair and call it a day, they can afford it. And they SHOULD have caught it.
Thats my thoughts as well...

Google Thinks So Too
Old 01-09-2012, 08:01 AM
Pro

My review is #4 now...

I have to call Mr.Williams today as he was not in the office Friday to speak with him...
Old 01-09-2012, 08:11 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

hang in there. i know this is a PITA, but its YOUR car. persistence will pay off and your car will be fixed...i went through this with my rear bumper after the paint started to blister and fail 3 yrs after the fact. the original shop didn't want to honor the warranty. i hemmed and hawed about it to the owner and he put me in touch with one of his other shops to take care of it. it took a wk to get them to listen, but they got me a new bumper and respray no questions asked. they knew my expectations from the start and did everything to make me happy. now i'm back at the same shop for my TL (tree branch incident). the manager treated my car as if it was his own while it was there.

be persistent and firm. most other people would have given up at this point which is what most companies who don't give a damn want you to do so you go away. be a gentle thorn and point out the customer service stuff to them an how youve been treated etc to justify how you've been "wronged". they'll listen and then make you happy.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:15 AM
Pro

hang in there. i know this is a PITA, but its YOUR car. persistence will pay off and your car will be fixed...i went through this with my rear bumper after the paint started to blister and fail 3 yrs after the fact. the original shop didn't want to honor the warranty. i hemmed and hawed about it to the owner and he put me in touch with one of his other shops to take care of it. it took a wk to get them to listen, but they got me a new bumper and respray no questions asked. they knew my expectations from the start and did everything to make me happy. now i'm back at the same shop for my TL (tree branch incident). the manager treated my car as if it was his own while it was there.

be persistent and firm. most other people would have given up at this point which is what most companies who don't give a damn want you to do so you go away. be a gentle thorn and point out the customer service stuff to them an how youve been treated etc to justify how you've been "wronged". they'll listen and then make you happy.
Thank You...I am not new to getting what I want from dealerships as I have had my rounds many times when we had our Mercedes that seemed to always have issues...The way the GM likes to brag about his internet customer reviews I doubt he will even worry about $600 to keep his record clean...
Old 01-09-2012, 08:24 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Thank You...I am not new to getting what I want from dealerships as I have had my rounds many times when we had our Mercedes that seemed to always have issues...The way the GM likes to brag about his internet customer reviews I doubt he will even worry about $600 to keep his record clean...

$600 seems so trivial in the grand scheme of things at a dealership that makes A LOT more than that.

use his "bragging" against him (in a non-threatening way of course).

of course the longer they drag their feet...the more annoyingly aggravating it gets.

i had issues with the paint on my MDX at purchase. the GM at pohanka acura was very prompt at dealing with the issue in a "fair" manner (i didn't necessarily think it was entirely fair, but whoever said life was fair?).
Old 01-09-2012, 08:39 AM
Pro

$600 seems so trivial in the grand scheme of things at a dealership that makes A LOT more than that.

use his "bragging" against him (in a non-threatening way of course).

of course the longer they drag their feet...the more annoyingly aggravating it gets.

i had issues with the paint on my MDX at purchase. the GM at pohanka acura was very prompt at dealing with the issue in a "fair" manner (i didn't necessarily think it was entirely fair, but whoever said life was fair?).
My guess is crown will make it right...As they even said they have had to repaint a few NBP TL's as well...But claimed it was from excessive heat from southern cars...
Old 01-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Pro

The GM offered to pay half the cost to fix it...Which is $290 but thats means I will be on the hook for the other $290...Not sure how I feel about that...
Old 01-09-2012, 05:02 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

The GM offered to pay half the cost to fix it...Which is $290 but thats means I will be on the hook for the other $290...Not sure how I feel about that...
OMG. that's what happened with my MDX and the paint. that's what i mean..."not entirely fair." i was still a little peeved about it, but w/e. i got mine resprayed and it's over with now. my shop knew my circumstances...they were a little shocked about it, but what can you do? "you bought a used car." i heard this too.

think of it this way...at least now it'll be a $290 insurance policy (lifetime warranty) on that panel, should anything happen to it in the future as long as you own the car. i'd just take it and go get it fixed. see if the body shop will give you a cash rate discount or something. certainly doesn't hurt to ask.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Pro

Im thinking about taking it...It just pisses me off that I bought this car a no accident car and now I am spending $300 on fixing something I would have passed on the car for...
Old 01-30-2012, 01:41 PM
Pro

Well they paid half which was $300...So I guess they arent all that bad...
Old 01-30-2012, 01:41 PM
Pro

Now to find 4 days I can be without my car so I can get it fixed...
Old 01-30-2012, 02:08 PM
it's a car-drive it

Now to find 4 days I can be without my car so I can get it fixed...
did you ask the dealer if they would let you have a loaner car while it was being fixed.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:09 PM
Pro

did you ask the dealer if they would let you have a loaner car while it was being fixed.
I have requested one but they have to get back to me on it...