CLOSED: 2008 ASM Acura TL Type-S 34k mi, LI/NYC **PRICE DROP $26,000**

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 12:13 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2008 ASM Acura TL Type-S 34k mi, LI/NYC **PRICE DROP $26,000**

1. Price: $27,500 OBO price drop $26,000
2. Mileage: ~34k
3. Color, Transmission-auto or manual, Navi? Alabaster Silver Metallic, 6spd Manual, Navigation.. Ebony Interior.
4. Reason for selling: Debt Reduction
5. Location: Long Island NY
6. Pictures: See Below
7. Are you the first owner? Yes
8. Title information: Bank owned
9. VIN: Available on Request
10. Modifications: Carbon Fiber Dash, K&N Drop in Filter, KP Window Rollup (Not Installed), Blinder M25 Laser Jammers (can be removed)
11. Service records: Available. Oil changed every 4-5k (all highway), Tranny fluid swapped @ 5k with GM Syncromesh

I am looking to sell my Type S. I bought this car new in November of 2008. My main reason for selling it is I lost a bunch of money in the stock market and I am trying to lower my monthly payment to something a little more reasonable. Overall, the car is in very good condition. The biggest issue with the car is road rash. I reverse-commute 80 miles a day, and the winter rocks and salt have certainly scuffed up the paint in the front, as well as the front windshield (there are 2 small chips on the windshield, one has been filled in the lower middle of the windshield, one is recent on the far lower right. There are no cracks from this one).

Because this car was entirely a reverse commuter (I commute from NYC out East on Long Island, so I am going against rush-hour traffic on the LIE for 2/3rds of the commute) almost all of this mileage is highway. The TL made a great highway commuter and comfortably gets 27-28mpg. I have a bit of a case of OCD and have done my best to make sure the car is washed at least every 2 weeks, waxed every 2 months, and kept looking clean. While there are a lot of chips on the front end, the rest of the car is in GREAT shape. NO door dings, no major scratches, one small paint chip (since I purchased the car) on the inside edge of the trunk that hasn’t been touched up. The 2 passenger side wheels have been curbed two times, and there is a small scratch on the back right wheel (not sure how I got this).

This car has not had any performance/suspension mods installed other than a K&N drop-in air filter (properly cleaned and oiled less than 5K ago). I have all oil change records and changed the transmission fluid to the GM Syncromesh oil to resolve the known 3rd gear popout issue. Tires always kept properly inflated and still have quite a bit of life left in them (can follow up with detailed photos). I’ve never needed to take this car to Acura for service since I’ve never had any other problems with it. She’s been flawlessly reliable in true Honda fashion.

The car has a set of Blinder M25 laser jammers installed in the front grille that are hardwired to the car. These can be turned off or removed if requested. They are quite stealthy and very useful in avoiding speed traps. The radar detector shown in pictures will be removed.

I really do love this car, it’s done everything I’ve wanted to flawlessly and I treated her as such. Always kept clean, parked all day in a private lot or driveway, the interior is as clean as you can get, even without being detailed.

This shows the installed laser jammers (the little black boxes in the lower grille)

I am asking $27,500 OBO. Please PM me for more info or my phone #.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Instructor

Additional Photo gallery added at:

http://gallery.me.com/kaminsky#100032

Willing to negotiate. Will consider trades (+ cash)
Old 05-19-2009, 02:10 PM
Instructor

Bump. Price dropped to $26k. Lets talk...
Old 05-21-2009, 03:02 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
wow 34k in less than one year? you must do a lot of driving...
i'll hit you up over the weekend (don't get your hopes up though)
Old 05-28-2009, 01:15 PM
Respect Freedom

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
See PM
Old 05-28-2009, 02:28 PM
Instructor

Sorry, I've actually decided to keep the car.

This thread can be closed.