Location (State/Prov):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits (you may select multiples):

Location (State/Prov/Terr):

Item Condition:

SOLD: 2005 Acura TL; 6MT + Nav; Anthracite/Moon Lake Grey; 101K miles; in Los Angeles, CA

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 12:19 AM
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 Acura TL; 6MT + Nav; Anthracite/Moon Lake Grey; 101K miles; in Los Angeles, CA

Year: 2005
Make: Acura
Model: TL
Price: $7250
Mileage: 101750
Color: Anthracite
Location (State/Prov): CA

1. Price: $7,250
2. Mileage: 101,7XX (will go up as I still drive it daily)
3. Color, Transmission-auto or manual, Navi: Anthracite Exterior/Grey Interior 6-speed Manual, Navigation System
4. Reason for selling: Bought a Land Cruiser
5. Location: Los Angeles, CA – South Bay/Torrance
6. Pictures: Only one now, will post more after the rain
7. Are you the first owner? I'm the 2nd owner
8a. Title is clean/clear/rebuilt/salvage/if other, explain further (select one): Clean title
8b. Do you have title in hand or it is being held by a lienholder: Lienholder
9. VIN: Will share privately with interested party
10. Modifications: tint (all around incl. front windshield), transmission slave cylinder check valve removed, OEM black all weather floor mats. OTHERWISE BONE STOCK
11. Service record: Prior owner’s service records are available at Automotive Instincts, I have all the records from my ownership from Affordable Care Hollywood.
• Previous owner – Grandfather that had the car until 51k when he passed away. I bought the car from his wife through their mechanic. The car was bone stock and remains that way today.
• 51k - timing belt, water pump, air filter, coolant, serpentine belt, timing chain tensioner
• Regular service at scheduled intervals: oil changes, minor, intermediate and major services
o I have had the MTF changed at least 2-3 times in during my ownership. I have ground the gears accidentally (each time was at low speed), thus I had it changed immediately. My mechanic tells me I am OCD.
o I also had regular alignments every 15k miles as well as had the wheels balanced.
• 80k: I had the front seat bottoms recovered with top of the line perforated leather and the seat bottoms rear done. I also had the arm rest recovered to match. I had this done because a detailer made a small cut in the passenger seat bottoms. I had a whole hide dyed. Thus I have enough left to recover the passenger seat bottoms.
o I also had the front compliance bushings redone around this same time.
• 100k – new front brakes, resurfaced rotors, 2 new front tires (all four are Hankook Ventus V12)
12. If leased, provide details, such as length of lease, payoff amount, etc: n/a

Selling the TL since I now have a XL dog and young family. We upgraded to a bigger car, a FZJ80 Land Cruiser. I bought this car from about 2 years and 10 months. I bought the car from the wife of the deceased owner through their mechanic. The car was extremely clean and well maintained by the previous owner. I have been OCD about maintenance as well fixing anything that needs to be done. Besides routine maintenance the only issue I had was the leather issue noted above and recently the Bluetooth computer going bad (this will be fixed this week).The A/C blows cold and heater blows hot as expected. Car is in excellent mechanical condition with no issues. This car has been a joy to own but family needs require a move to a larger vehicle. I have many vouches on Hondatech, S2Ki and on here. I have sold vehicles as well as parts. HT: UCLAcivic S2Ki: UCLAs2k

Interior: 8.5/10
The interior is in great condition. The front minor tears were fixed. The rear passenger bottoms each have one small tear between the perforations (approx.. 1-2 cm long). I have matching perforated moon lake grey leather. It only needs to be installed by a competent shop. It is a great match. Otherwise, no rips or tears in any of the seats. The Dashboard HAS NOT started to crack! 

Two interior lights need to be changed: one on the steering wheel (volume button) and on the console (passenger seat heater). They just went out this month so I have been unable to swap them out. Also, the headliner has the notorious sag near the sunroof. I installed the “repair kit” per the TSB but it ended up disengaging. I rarely use the sun roof so I just left it. It is not noticeable unless you know about it being there.

There are no funky smells and both owners did not smoke in the car. Original Acura floor mats included as well as the all-weather mats currently in the car. The original driver side carpet mat has a whole where my size 13 shoe wore a hole in it. Other 3 mats are in good condition.

Exterior: 7/10
There are some minor cosmetic imperfections with the car: exterior has a two door dings plus minor scratches and marks given the age for the car. The left rear wheel arch has a small dent and rub from my old garage gate. The rear bumper has a mark/light scrape from the same gate on the driver rear. They are not bad. I will post pics of the areas once the rain stops. Wheels have some curb rash.

EXTRAS that go with the car:
I have a set of Infinity Kappa tweeters, center channel and JLw6 subwoofer. I have not installed them because I never got around to them. The tweeters and center channel were the ones that have threads on AZ as being the best ones to buy for the 3rd gen. Those will also go with the car. The sub was bought from a seller on AZ, wired by him for the 3rd gen but never installed by me. All of this will work with the stock stereo and improve the performance greatly. I spent over $500 for the items and they will go with the car.

The car will be parked starting MLK weekend (once I get the Bluetooth computer replaced this week).

$7250 but no stereo extras will be included.

Please contact me through PM if you are interested. Thanks for looking!
Attached Thumbnails 2005 Acura TL; 6MT + Nav; Anthracite/Moon Lake Grey; 101K miles; in Los Angeles, CA-img_3939.jpg  
Old 02-27-2016, 09:44 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It has really low millage you must not have drove it much for it been a daily. have you done the timing belt at 100?
Old 02-27-2016, 10:09 AM
7th Gear

I also had an s2k so the mileage was shared between 2 cars. The timing chain service was performed when I bought the car @ approx. 52k. They also replaced the tensioners at that time. I have receipts for it. You can change it at 100k but it should be good for at least 25k more miles.

Originally Posted by Rey Garcia-jr
It has really low millage you must not have drove it much for it been a daily. have you done the timing belt at 100?
Old 02-27-2016, 10:10 AM
7th Gear

NEW PRICE: $7500 but no stereo extras will be included. I paid the reg yesterday and had the car serviced 2 weekends ago. Changed the oil and Replaced an exhaust sensor. It is ready to go for the new owner. I am having it detailed this week and will post better pics

Originally Posted by UCLAs2k
I also had an s2k so the mileage was shared between 2 cars. The timing chain service was performed when I bought the car @ approx. 52k. They also replaced the tensioners at that time. I have receipts for it. You can change it at 100k but it should be good for at least 25k more miles.

mod edit-updated
Old 03-12-2016, 12:03 PM
7th Gear

PMs replied.

Ttt
Old 03-17-2016, 04:24 PM
7th Gear

Bump
Old 03-30-2016, 04:39 PM
7th Gear

Ttt
Bump
Old 04-02-2016, 09:50 PM
7th Gear

Just had the car detailed. Have some people coming to see it this week.

Old 04-03-2016, 11:26 PM
7th Gear

Bump

Just had the car detailed. Have some people coming to see it this week.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:16 PM
7th Gear

Price dropped: $7,250

mod edit-updated
Old 04-27-2016, 08:20 PM
7th Gear

bump
Old 05-04-2016, 09:33 PM
7th Gear