Integra Integra & RSX Discussion

Texas Gulf Coast 2005 RSX Blown motor

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 02:19 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Texas Gulf Coast 2005 RSX Blown motor

Actually my RSX is pretty much OK other than the engine. What are people putting in them these days? Any recommendations on rebuilts?
Old 03-27-2017, 04:32 PM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Thread moved from the New Member Introductions. (Introduce yourself here. Please post technical questions in car forums.) Forum.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:47 PM
6th Gear

Thanks, Ron!

My RSX engine has a hole about the size of a half dollar in the engine block. My son was driving it and not thinking, drove into some high water... which does not compress... and easily enters a low mounted cold air intake.

Soooo, the head, valves, case, and piston rods are likely toast. I was not tough on him. He has great mechanical aptitude and is a gunsmith and precision machinist. I am sure it happens frequently enough. It WAS an extraordinary flood event in these parts!

Since the body, undercarriage, and interior are fine, I could put on a short, but more likely, a long block. Any recommendations? Vendors, rebuilt, upgrade, etc.?
Old 03-28-2017, 09:59 PM
Acura Fanboy

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
There are several JDM Honda engine vendors with K series engines for sale. A common RSX swap is a K24 from a CR-V, TSX, or JDM Accord. These are fairly straight-forward swaps, but not as simple as a matching K20. The ECU will need to be tuned for the larger engine and this will require a programmable ECU solution like Hondata's K-Pro. If it is a Type-S, a used replacement engine will be fairly expensive. A used replacement engine for a base RSX will be much less expensive, between $500 and $1000. Search for Honda JDM engines in your area.

Good luck with your project.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:42 AM
6th Gear

Things have changed

I will end up selling to somebody who wants to do such a project. Out of a job for a while and I need the cash!

Thanks for the help regardless!

Originally Posted by knavekid
There are several JDM Honda engine vendors with K series engines for sale. A common RSX swap is a K24 from a CR-V, TSX, or JDM Accord. These are fairly straight-forward swaps, but not as simple as a matching K20. The ECU will need to be tuned for the larger engine and this will require a programmable ECU solution like Hondata's K-Pro. If it is a Type-S, a used replacement engine will be fairly expensive. A used replacement engine for a base RSX will be much less expensive, between $500 and $1000. Search for Honda JDM engines in your area.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:22 PM
6th Gear

I will probably have to move soon to be closer to a job, Lord willin'. I am hoping for an enthusiast who loves the cars and would upgrade a motor with a base RSX anyway. Are there soe forums or ways to reach those people?

Originally Posted by knavekid

Old 04-04-2017, 10:27 PM
Acura Fanboy

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
team-integra.net or clubrsx.com are the main ones I know of.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:32 PM
6th Gear

The lost title/not-transferred title is a royal PITA but I'm getting it done. I expect many here know the drill but I did not. I've seen people act like it is a piece o' cake on boats and trailers. Apparently it is pretty dang omon for peopl eto lose or screw up titles. If I ever have to do it again it will be MUCH easier... unless they pass more complicated laws on it.

I have/had a $1500 offer not sure where that will end up. I am $182 short of getting a title in my name, all he DMV letter writing and bonding is done. They say I will have my title in hand in 5 to 7 business days but I am in a bigger hurry than that Being without a ob sucks, folks.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:07 PM
6th Gear

I could not find the sales post section but I had a deal fall through on this one. Am in a mild depressed state as a result and am dropping my price to $1800 OBO which is finally in the realm of reality here. I had it priced high in CL because of the wide demographic. Here, people would value a great interior for an '05, especially they can do the hood dent and want to upgrade the motor..

Any help on posting for sale would be appreciated. As I recall there was a waiting period and maybe a post count restriction here.

Are FS posts supposed to go in regional forums or is there a different place?
Old 05-16-2017, 03:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,711 Likes on 6,718 Posts
They should go here: https://acurazine.com/forums/marketplace/cars/search/

Be sure to follow the directions to posting carefully though.
The following users liked this post:
theant (05-16-2017)