Integra Integra & RSX Discussion

Integra Integra Type-S Official Reveal

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2023, 08:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 672 Likes on 417 Posts
Integra Type-S Official Reveal

https://acuranews.com/en-US/releases...n-sale-in-june

I like it a lot. Hopefully the suspension is tuned more towards comfort than "track duty." Also curious to see what pricing will be.
The following 2 users liked this post by leomio2.0:
ELIN (04-11-2023), Tony Pac (04-11-2023)
Old 04-11-2023, 09:10 AM
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 27 Posts
No info on pricing (even reached out to my dealer to see if they had heard anything, and they said nothing yet).

I like it. The reworked body addresses all of my issues with how the base Integra looked, the Interior is nice, the wheels and brakes look great.

As long as pricing is in the mid to upper $40’s, and my dealer doesn’t try to pull some ADM shit, I’m likely in on the ITS, and would trade in my 21 TLX for it.
Old 04-11-2023, 11:40 AM
Drifting

Received 1,245 Likes on 903 Posts
Pricing probably comes closer to the June debut.
Old 04-11-2023, 12:50 PM
®

Received 473 Likes on 224 Posts
This is pretty much a different trim of the CTR. No automatic option or SHAWD is a lost opportunity IMO. The biggest selling point of this car is, if it's built in America at similar volumes to the other Type S models, it'll be a CTR without crazy markups or waitlists (after the short initial spike). You can avoid sitting on a 2 year waitlist or spending $5k+ in ADM by buying this when it inevitably starts to sit on lots like the TLX and MDX Type S.
The following users liked this post:
CoquiTSX (04-27-2023)
Old 04-11-2023, 01:25 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by loki
This is pretty much a different trim of the CTR. No automatic option or SHAWD is a lost opportunity IMO. The biggest selling point of this car is, if it's built in America at similar volumes to the other Type S models, it'll be a CTR without crazy markups or waitlists (after the short initial spike). You can avoid sitting on a 2 year waitlist or spending $5k+ in ADM by buying this when it inevitably starts to sit on lots like the TLX and MDX Type S.
It’s a CTR, with heated seats, a HUD, a much better stereo system, a more livable and cohesive interior design (back seats are the same as the front seats).

It’s likely the last manual transmission performance car Acura will make. I doubt it’s going to be sitting on car lots.

If you want an automatic K20C powered vehicle with SH-AWD, buy a TLX A-Spec.
Chargersix (04-11-2023)
Old 04-11-2023, 01:27 PM
Advanced

Also, I’m amazed that there are what, 5 posts in this thread about this car?

Over on the Integra forums, there are multiple threads, with multiple pages in each thread discussing the car.

Is AcuraZine really that much of a dead forum these days?
Old 04-11-2023, 02:29 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,159 Likes on 1,387 Posts
Originally Posted by ijm5012
Also, I’m amazed that there are what, 5 posts in this thread about this car?

Over on the Integra forums, there are multiple threads, with multiple pages in each thread discussing the car.

Is AcuraZine really that much of a dead forum these days?
Acura killed Acurazine.
The following 2 users liked this post by kurtatx:
ESHBG (04-12-2023), loki (04-11-2023)
Old 04-11-2023, 02:33 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by kurtatx
Acura killed Acurazine.
I can’t argue with you there.

Acura seems to have gotten a bit lost in the 2010’s. It’s nice to see them get back to a more performance/driving focused brand with these latest models.
Old 04-11-2023, 10:08 PM
®

It’s a CTR, with heated seats, a HUD, a much better stereo system, a more livable and cohesive interior design (back seats are the same as the front seats).

It’s likely the last manual transmission performance car Acura will make. I doubt it’s going to be sitting on car lots.

If you want an automatic K20C powered vehicle with SH-AWD, buy a TLX A-Spec.
No rear vents, AGAIN? No cooled seats? Manual passenger seat? No SHAWD opinion? No DCT option? No sunroof? No fog lights? No navigation? This IS just a lipstick on a Civic TR. Same Aspec 6MT is lipstick on the Si. Same CVT open diff is lipstick on regular Civic hatch. At least ILX had a 2.4 NA VTEC and a proper dual clutch.
CoquiTSX (04-27-2023)
Old 04-12-2023, 06:26 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by kurtatx
Acura killed Acurazine.
I think AZ killed AZ. The animosity towards members who don't drink the "Acura Kool-Aid" will make even current owners jump ship!
ESHBG (04-12-2023)
Old 04-12-2023, 06:30 AM
Advanced

No rear vents, AGAIN? No cooled seats? Manual passenger seat? No SHAWD opinion? No DCT option? No sunroof? No fog lights? No navigation? This IS just a lipstick on a Civic TR. Same Aspec 6MT is lipstick on the Si. Same CVT open diff is lipstick on regular Civic hatch. At least ILX had a 2.4 NA VTEC and a proper dual clutch.
Some people just love to complain it seems.

With members like you, it’s easy to see why AcuraZine is a barren wasteland.

BTW, it sounds like you want a TLX A-Spec. It has power passenger seat, cooled seats, SH-AWD, navigation, fog lights, a moonroof, etc.

But you seem like the kind of person that would complain about that as well.
Tony Pac (04-13-2023)
Old 04-12-2023, 06:31 AM
Drifting

If I'm being honest, there's nothing surprising about how the ITS is being equipped. The biggest surprises have been fairly positive, namely the HUD and ELS inclusion.

The inclusion of SHAWD for the ITS probably would have wrecked Acura's R&D budget, which probably wasn't that big to begin with! The additional weight of SHAWD wouldn't have put the ITS into the same conversation as the CTR in terms of speed. I think Acura segmented nicely so that the ITS and the TLX-S stay in their own "lanes".
Old 04-12-2023, 08:43 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ELIN
If I'm being honest, there's nothing surprising about how the ITS is being equipped. The biggest surprises have been fairly positive, namely the HUD and ELS inclusion.

The inclusion of SHAWD for the ITS probably would have wrecked Acura's R&D budget, which probably wasn't that big to begin with! The additional weight of SHAWD wouldn't have put the ITS into the same conversation as the CTR in terms of speed. I think Acura segmented nicely so that the ITS and the TLX-S stay in their own "lanes".
Yea ... love people who say they wanted SH-AWD but fail to realize it would have made it priced the same as the TLX-S with the R&D cost they'd have to recoup to make the car profitable ... which wouldn't sell at that price range.

Some are saying they suspect the car will be low-$50k. I hope not. That's too close to the TLX-S, too far from the CTR and honestly, I'd go for a Golf R over the ITS if they price it in the low-$50k range. $47-48k is the sweet spot IMO.
ELIN (04-12-2023)
Old 04-12-2023, 03:54 PM
Drifting

Received 565 Likes on 364 Posts
This is going to be an amazing car, just as the CTR is. It may not have each want/or need of prospective customers (I would prefer a sunroof, but understand why it was deleted -- weight and structural rigidity), but I celebrate the fact that we can buy a fast, tremendous handling car with a 6MT that will last for 10 years or more without costing a home mortgage in repairs. And, it's not an EV or an Automagic.

If this is under 50K (I have heard 48K) and they are readily available, it will be a homerun for Acura.
Old 04-13-2023, 06:11 AM
®

BTW, it sounds like you want a TLX A-Spec. It has power passenger seat, cooled seats, SH-AWD, navigation, fog lights, a moonroof, etc.

Some people like and love Acura and Honda and know what they're capable of. This... isn't it.

Thanks for giving me all that credit. After 22 cars from Honda and Acura and 15 years on this forum, I'll take it.
Old 04-13-2023, 08:17 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,596 Likes on 960 Posts
All I can say Acura and AZ are the best in the biz. People buy BMW or Audi but come here to ask questions about their purchase from Acura owners. Look people moved on and bought other cars but yet they miss this forum and Acura's reliability and amazing engine that run for a 500K miles and plus. AZ or Acura would have been dead when people move on and never show their face here. Acura must be proud that once you test Acura machines, you will never leave it....it will live in your head for life time

We have proof here and i won't mention names but they know who are those people! Instead, I will say enjoy AZ and the beauty of Acura products from far! We all know who is the bets in the business.

Old 04-13-2023, 08:21 AM
AZ Community Team

That's it! You NAILED IT!

It's amazing to see people that have no interest in Acura products, still here. No other brand than Acura can do that. Do BMW and Audi have forums? Most of their clients are here checking Acura products? Can someone confirm?
lauren01 (04-13-2023)
Old 04-14-2023, 02:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Opinion all over the internet is overwhelmingly positive for this car. So long as Acura doesn’t get stupid with the pricing and/or limit production, they’re going to sell a ton of these.
Tony Pac (04-16-2023)
Old 04-16-2023, 03:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 387 Likes on 269 Posts
No doubt the first-year production will be sold out soon. The car is not for everyone obviously like loki complained about, but the goodies more than justify the price for many. Even I am semi-interested in ITS, and wondering if I should get in touch with my salesperson. I thought I would only be interested in EV SUV.

The last 6MT Acura with decent power and organic feedback is really enticing.
Tony Pac (04-16-2023)
Old 04-17-2023, 09:55 AM
®

Originally Posted by Tony Pac
That's it! You NAILED IT!

It's amazing to see people that have no interest in Acura products, still here. No other brand than Acura can do that. Do BMW and Audi have forums? Most of their clients are here checking Acura products? Can someone confirm?
How do you know I have no interest in Acura products? I've owned 6 Acuras so far (and another 8 Hondas) in the past 15 years alone (another 5 if I count my wife's Hondas), not to go back further than that. Had some really nice/rare ones (99 CL 5MT, 03 CLS 6MT, etc.). I'm fiercely loyal to the brand. I've brought over to Acura/Honda several family members, friends, even colleagues over the years. Between all of them and my household, probably half a million $$$ in cars. I absolutely, 100% have every right to chime in on any and all cars coming from Honda and Acura. I've (literally) earned that right. I have a big problem with the way Acura has overpromised and underdelivered cars in the past decade. They hype cars to oblivion, only to fall flat when it comes to the final product. If you don't like what I have to say, I suggest you keep scrolling because I'm not going anywhere.
The following 2 users liked this post by loki:
ELIN (04-17-2023), Tony Pac (04-17-2023)
Old 04-17-2023, 10:01 AM
Burning Brakes

Yea, after my subpar experience with my first Acura, I'm in no rush to be an early adopter. Hopefully, with the number of complaints I've seen about poor road isolation in the Civic/Integra, American HoMoCo remedies this with better interior insulation in a refresh like they did with the RDX MMC. If they do, I think this thing will be damn near irresistible to me. I'm fine waiting another couple years for that to come if need be.
Old 04-17-2023, 02:00 PM
AZ Community Team

How do you know I have no interest in Acura products? I've owned 6 Acuras so far (and another 8 Hondas) in the past 15 years alone (another 5 if I count my wife's Hondas), not to go back further than that. Had some really nice/rare ones (99 CL 5MT, 03 CLS 6MT, etc.). I'm fiercely loyal to the brand. I've brought over to Acura/Honda several family members, friends, even colleagues over the years. Between all of them and my household, probably half a million $$$ in cars. I absolutely, 100% have every right to chime in on any and all cars coming from Honda and Acura. I've (literally) earned that right. I have a big problem with the way Acura has overpromised and underdelivered cars in the past decade. They hype cars to oblivion, only to fall flat when it comes to the final product. If you don't like what I have to say, I suggest you keep scrolling because I'm not going anywhere.
Did I mention your name?? those who have no interest knows who they are And we don't want you to go anywhere. You bring value here. Why would anyone want a guy who owned 6 Acuras leave the forum? You misunderstood my friend and you can comment and write whatever you want. At the end of the day it's a forum and everyone has entitle to their opinion as far as respecting others!
Old 04-17-2023, 03:48 PM
®

Originally Posted by Tony Pac
Did I mention your name?? those who have no interest knows who they are And we don't want you to go anywhere. You bring value here. Why would anyone want a guy who owned 6 Acuras leave the forum? You misunderstood my friend and you can comment and write whatever you want. At the end of the day it's a forum and everyone has entitle to their opinion as far as respecting others!
Well...technically...You quoted/replied to @ijm5012 saying how correct he was in his direct quote/reply to me. It's all good

Also - for what it's worth, the more I see about the Integra S, the more I can see myself buying one. I've been waiting for a proper Acura manual car since the 4th Gen TL 6MT and it looks like one might finally be coming. I couldn't live with Type R exterior on the 10th Gen Civic and I can't live with the 11th Gen interior (red everything). The Integra S is more like it. I'm about to give my son my Accord 2.0T 6MT so Integra S is coming at a good time. My Accord is excellent, I've upgraded shifter bushings (Acuity) and sway bars (Eibach) to fix two biggest issues (numb shifter and highway speeds twitch/lean). For about $4K I can put in limited slip from 10th Gen Type R, it's a direct fit/bolt but it's a LOTTTT of labor and the parts alone are around $2500.

I was pissed when A-Spec came out because it has L15 from Civic. They were so lazy, they didn't even put in LSD in the CVT variant; they just put in the drivetrain from Civic Touring.

Integra, at least the manual variant should have been a carryover from ILX (2.4NA) and automatic should have kept 8DCT. No luxury brand can have "CVT" in their portfolio. Not unless you're Infiniti. Where is Infiniti now...?

I'm interested to see where it falls pricing wise because Type R is already wildly overpriced (and that's before ADM) while TLX Type S is $56K. You can't have Integra compete with TLX Type S. Anything over $50K, and I mean literally $1 over is going to make this car unobtainable for people they're marketing it towards.
The following 2 users liked this post by loki:
leomio2.0 (04-17-2023), Tony Pac (04-17-2023)
Old 04-17-2023, 04:24 PM
AZ Community Team

Well...technically...You quoted/replied to @ijm5012 saying how correct he was in his direct quote/reply to me. It's all good

Also - for what it's worth, the more I see about the Integra S, the more I can see myself buying one. I've been waiting for a proper Acura manual car since the 4th Gen TL 6MT and it looks like one might finally be coming. I couldn't live with Type R exterior on the 10th Gen Civic and I can't live with the 11th Gen interior (red everything). The Integra S is more like it. I'm about to give my son my Accord 2.0T 6MT so Integra S is coming at a good time. My Accord is excellent, I've upgraded shifter bushings (Acuity) and sway bars (Eibach) to fix two biggest issues (numb shifter and highway speeds twitch/lean). For about $4K I can put in limited slip from 10th Gen Type R, it's a direct fit/bolt but it's a LOTTTT of labor and the parts alone are around $2500.

I was pissed when A-Spec came out because it has L15 from Civic. They were so lazy, they didn't even put in LSD in the CVT variant; they just put in the drivetrain from Civic Touring.

Integra, at least the manual variant should have been a carryover from ILX (2.4NA) and automatic should have kept 8DCT. No luxury brand can have "CVT" in their portfolio. Not unless you're Infiniti. Where is Infiniti now...?

I'm interested to see where it falls pricing wise because Type R is already wildly overpriced (and that's before ADM) while TLX Type S is $56K. You can't have Integra compete with TLX Type S. Anything over $50K, and I mean literally $1 over is going to make this car unobtainable for people they're marketing it towards.
I apologize but it wasn’t toward you at all. I know you have been a great member here and always point pros and cons. Never one sided.
loki (04-18-2023)
Old 04-18-2023, 09:48 AM
Advanced

No luxury brand can have "CVT" in their portfolio. Not unless you're Infiniti. Where is Infiniti now...?
Lexus has a CVT in one of their best selling vehicles.

Are you telling us that Lexus isn’t a luxury vehicle brand?
Old 04-18-2023, 02:18 PM
®

I said can, not has. Meaning it shouldn't, not that it doesn't. And I'm sure whatever Lexus that is, it's a eco-Toyota-box slapped with a Lexus badge to sell for more. My rule is to never buy a luxury brand of any automaker (such as Honda and Acura) with the SAME exact powertrain and options that are available on the regular brand. Only spend money on what you CAN'T get. Perfect example is TLX with 2.0T front wheel drive.
Old 04-18-2023, 05:34 PM
Advanced

I said can, not has. Meaning it shouldn't, not that it doesn't. And I'm sure whatever Lexus that is, it's a eco-Toyota-box slapped with a Lexus badge to sell for more. My rule is to never buy a luxury brand of any automaker (such as Honda and Acura) with the SAME exact powertrain and options that are available on the regular brand. Only spend money on what you CAN'T get. Perfect example is TLX with 2.0T front wheel drive.
I’m pretty sure the RX is a big seller for Lexus.

And for the record, in a car like the Integra, I think the DCT would’ve been a better option than the CVT. But odds are that Honda bought the DCT, didn’t develop it in-house, and wanted to save money by using an internally developed and built transmission (like the 10AT they use in other applications).
Old 04-18-2023, 07:19 PM
Burning Brakes

From what I've seen, looks like the DCT was developed in-house by Honda. I wouldn't be surprised if the CVT was opted for solely due to MPG over anything else.

Speaking of the RX ... with how terrible reviews are, I'm surprised to already see so many on the road. I see one about every day around here. I actually quite like them. Except for one color. I guess it's the Copper? It's certainly different, but I really wasn't a fan of it. Looks great in pics IMO and even in videos, but in real life, I really wasn't liking it. Almost had a tint of pink at some angles.
Old 04-18-2023, 11:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 500 Likes on 278 Posts

I think Lexus is smart and knows their target, with the exception of a few models, Lexus owners have been on Medicare 5 years. CVT, Dry clutch, wet clutch pack, single/dual clutch, torque converter, they couldn’t care less, what matters is “does it get them to bingo night reliably”.
We are on an enthusiast forum so there will be some heavy bias here (or maybe I’m just projecting), so personally, I’m riding public transit or walking before I buy a car with a cvt. I had an Altima rental, which was a needed recalibration of the appreciation I have for my current cars.

I’m not sure I agree in all cases, I think there are 2 main categories I would split cars for this one, 1) fun 2) comfort cruiser.
for fun cars, I agree with your statement because the luxury branding will add weight and adding plush and fluff often dilutes the excitement and fun.
for comfort cruisers, all I’m saying is that if Acura makes an Odyssey (ODX) with the same engine, I’m buying it! I would love a quieter cabin and nicer materials in our family hauler.

With that said, where does the integra type S fall? Well clearly the fun category, right? Well, as a car, sure but I’m in my early 40s, (old and decrepit, lookup my Lexus owner description above, I was looking in the mirror )
Personally, I would lean pretty heavily towards the integra over the civic. I just wish I could get those amazing TypeR seats…

That reminded me a little, back in college a friend of a friend had a Lexus IS300 but with a Supra drivetrain transplant. Absolute missile, with 4 doors.
Old 04-19-2023, 06:49 AM
Drifting

Only spend money on what you CAN'T get. Perfect example is TLX with 2.0T front wheel drive.
I guess you're saying the equivalent of "if you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig!" You're not entirely wrong but not everything can be explained away by practicality.

Everyone comes from different backgrounds and has different "access". In many parts of NYC, the Acura brand is far more revered there than the rest of the tri-state area. For a lot of kids growing up in urban environments, Acura would be the "dream" brand so they're looking forward to upgrading to the Acura equivalent of the common Honda. They don't mind paying a little extra for servicing their Integra over the equivalent Civic because that longing hasn't changed. What I'm trying to say in a roundabout way is that for some people, Acura will be the top brand they will ever own.
loki (04-19-2023)