Integra Integra & RSX Discussion

Integra 2023 Integra base

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2022 | 07:12 AM
Advanced

2023 Integra base

Are there any pics of the base Integra? Every single pic I can find on the internet is of the A-spec.

I'm thinking of buying this car but would probably go with the base cause I'm a cheap bastard, but just want to see it first in case it looks horrible compared to the A-spec.
Old 06-01-2022 | 09:30 AM
®

Originally Posted by Dejan
Are there any pics of the base Integra? Every single pic I can find on the internet is of the A-spec.

I'm thinking of buying this car but would probably go with the base cause I'm a cheap bastard, but just want to see it first in case it looks horrible compared to the A-spec.
Why would you buy base 1.5 CVT Integra that has barebone interior for $31K and not Civic Touring Hatch with same 1.5 CVT but loaded with every option imaginable for few hundred less?
Old 06-01-2022 | 09:40 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by loki
Why would you buy base 1.5 CVT Integra that has barebone interior for $31K and not Civic Touring Hatch with same 1.5 CVT but loaded with every option imaginable for few hundred less?
Why would you buy a Civic when you can get an Acura for only a few hundred more? The base Integra is still nicer than the top trim Civic.
Old 06-01-2022 | 12:04 PM
Drifting

There may be a pic or two of the Base (exterior) on the Acura website, but I haven't seen any of the interior. The main difference in appearance on the interior is the smaller touchscreen (7" vs. 9") and the lack of the microsuede inserts on the seats.

They are arriving at dealers now. If you look around you might be able to catch a close look at one before it's delivered to the new owner.
Old 06-01-2022 | 12:17 PM
®

Why would you buy a Civic when you can get an Acura for only a few hundred more? The base Integra is still nicer than the top trim Civic.
I love clowns who talk without any clue about what they're talking about. Use Google, it's your friend, friendo.

Civic Touring:
18-Inch Alloy Wheels (not on base Integra)
LED Fog Lights (not on base Integra)
Dual Exhaust Finishers (not on base Integra)
12-Speaker Bose Premium Sound System incl. Subwoofer (not on base Integra)
Power Front Seats (not on base Integra)
Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control (not on base Integra)
Sport Pedals (not on base Integra)
Wireless Apple CarPlay (not on base Integra)
Wireless Android Auto (not on base Integra)
Wireless Phone Charger (not on base Integra)
Satellite-Linked Navigation System (not on base Integra)
9-Inch Color Touch-Screen (not on base Integra)
Remote Engine Start (not on base Integra)
Parking Sensors (not on base Integra)

​​​​​​​Most of these aren't even on the Integra Tech, you have to go to Integra Tech A-Spec for most of them - or they're flat out not even possible to get (I.e. built-in navigation).
Old 06-01-2022 | 02:07 PM
Instructor

I don't think a comparison between the Civic Touring and Integra is reasonable as there are a number of differences between them feature wise and beyond. That being said looking at the available spec information for both here are a few things I think you may have overlooked or for which Google may have led you astray.

The sport pedals appear to only be on the Civic Sport, not Touring.

The base Integra gets 8 way power adjust driver's seat, though no power for passenger seat.

I've not seen any documentation suggesting the base Integra doesn't have dual exhaust "finishers" or dual zone climate control, where did you see those?
Old 06-01-2022 | 02:52 PM
Instructor

I just took a look at the manual which appears to show that models w/o the Sync button may not have passenger's side temperature control
Old 06-01-2022 | 04:06 PM
®

Originally Posted by 18TLXAspec
I just took a look at the manual which appears to show that models w/o the Sync button may not have passenger's side temperature control
I don't think a comparison between the Civic Touring and Integra is reasonable as there are a number of differences between them feature wise and beyond. That being said looking at the available spec information for both here are a few things I think you may have overlooked or for which Google may have led you astray.

The base Integra gets 8 way power adjust driver's seat, though no power for passenger seat.

I've not seen any documentation suggesting the base Integra doesn't have dual exhaust "finishers" or dual zone climate control, where did you see those?
I used Google to reach build pages for both models. If you go to build Civic Touring, you'll see it has sport pedals (including a photo below). Integra doesn't have passenger power seat or 12-way driver like Civic. The only dual exhaust Integra is A-Spec and above. Integra does not have dual climate controls on base model. And then the rest of the stuff I listed above. Dollars to donuts, I can guarantee that Civic (non-Si) 6MT will beat Integra's CVT all day long. The CVT is criminally slow (over 8 seconds) and 6MT isn't that far behind, mid 7s. My 1995 gutless Accord gets to 60 in 8 seconds...Imagine getting conned into "performance car" by Acura's marketing, only to be left in the dust on highway ramps and stop lights by soccer moms in minivans.

Last edited by loki; 06-01-2022 at 04:08 PM.
The following users liked this post:
silverTL6 (06-02-2022)
Old 06-01-2022 | 04:35 PM
AZ Community Team

I used Google to reach build pages for both models. If you go to build Civic Touring, you'll see it has sport pedals (including a photo below). Integra doesn't have passenger power seat or 12-way driver like Civic. The only dual exhaust Integra is A-Spec and above. Integra does not have dual climate controls on base model. And then the rest of the stuff I listed above. Dollars to donuts, I can guarantee that Civic (non-Si) 6MT will beat Integra's CVT all day long. The CVT is criminally slow (over 8 seconds) and 6MT isn't that far behind, mid 7s. My 1995 gutless Accord gets to 60 in 8 seconds...Imagine getting conned into "performance car" by Acura's marketing, only to be left in the dust on highway ramps and stop lights by soccer moms in minivans.
Wrong, the Civic CVT is 0-60 in 7.5sec, heck even the heavier CR-V 0-60 is also 7.5sec according to C&D. AFAIK, no media has release formal test results yet for the 2023 Integra.

https://www.caranddriver.com/honda/civic
https://www.caranddriver.com/honda/cr-v-2021

Last edited by Legend2TL; 06-01-2022 at 04:40 PM.
Old 06-01-2022 | 04:57 PM
Instructor

Ok, I was going off of the specs listed on Honda's webpage for the sports pedals. It wouldn't be the first time they had an error either there or in a photo. You also have to remember the Civic Touring is the top of the line for the Civic Sedan so I still think the comparison is a little unreasonable. If you look at the feature approach from the base Civic Sedan to the Touring there are some parallels which can be drawn between that and the Integra Base through A-Spec+Tech. Also, I'm not seeing a similar level of detail in the Acura specs, via Acura's website, as the Civic Sedan. Hopefully now that the Integra is hitting dealerships they'll update their website to move it out from under "Future Vehicles".

At 0:27 this walk around does show exhaust finishers/tips on the base Integra.
https://www.integraforums.com/forum/...d-video.50115/

I do think they missed an opportunity a little bit w/ the Integra by not making it a clear step up and really differentiating it from the Civic, some may even go far as to suggest by not carrying over more of the original Integra exterior design. But these are likely because they had to keep the base relatively minimal to try-and-target a certain group of buyers and seem to be pushing a common brand appearance across the lineup.

Obviously, it's not the car for you, that's fine. Just don't give people to much grief if they prefer it over the Civic.
Old 06-03-2022 | 08:05 AM
Advanced

I ended up putting a deposit down on a WRX. I visited several Acura dealers and none could get me a base, only the A-spec. I even said I could wait a few months but they wouldn't order me the base. I didn't want to pay several thousand extra for what is just a minor appearance package. After freight/pdi and some options they don't allow you to opt out of, plus of course tax, the on the road price of the Integra would have been just under 46k. The WRX doesn't look as good but it's better in pretty much every other way.
Old 06-03-2022 | 08:06 AM
Advanced

I love clowns who talk without any clue about what they're talking about. Use Google, it's your friend, friendo.

Civic Touring:
18-Inch Alloy Wheels (not on base Integra)
LED Fog Lights (not on base Integra)
Dual Exhaust Finishers (not on base Integra)
12-Speaker Bose Premium Sound System incl. Subwoofer (not on base Integra)
Power Front Seats (not on base Integra)
Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control (not on base Integra)
Sport Pedals (not on base Integra)
Wireless Apple CarPlay (not on base Integra)
Wireless Android Auto (not on base Integra)
Wireless Phone Charger (not on base Integra)
Satellite-Linked Navigation System (not on base Integra)
9-Inch Color Touch-Screen (not on base Integra)
Remote Engine Start (not on base Integra)
Parking Sensors (not on base Integra)

​​​​​​​Most of these aren't even on the Integra Tech, you have to go to Integra Tech A-Spec for most of them - or they're flat out not even possible to get (I.e. built-in navigation).
You are a moron. Enjoy your Civic.
Old 06-06-2022 | 10:16 AM
®

You are a moron. Enjoy your Civic.
Ne seri
Old 06-06-2022 | 10:19 AM
®

Originally Posted by Legend2TL
Wrong, the Civic CVT is 0-60 in 7.5sec, heck even the heavier CR-V 0-60 is also 7.5sec according to C&D. AFAIK, no media has release formal test results yet for the 2023 Integra.

https://www.caranddriver.com/honda/civic
https://www.caranddriver.com/honda/cr-v-2021
Well, we can debate who's wrong all day but three 0-60 runs by Redline Reviews in the CVT variant yielded 8.4s average (CVT of course). Their best score was 8.1s when Rob was driving - admitting they were slightly downhill.
Old 06-06-2022 | 10:35 AM
AZ Community Team

Well, we can debate who's wrong all day but three 0-60 runs by Redline Reviews in the CVT variant yielded 8.4s average (CVT of course). Their best score was 8.1s when Rob was driving - admitting they were slightly downhill.
Big meh, you can ramble on about a bunch of YouTube hacks.
I'll stick with established auto media outlets who all got 7.5-7.8s in instrumented tests including MotorWeek, Car & Driver, and Motor Trend

https://www.motorweek.org/reviews/ro...017-honda-cr-v
https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2...t-test-review/
Old 06-06-2022 | 01:33 PM
®

Big meh, you can ramble on about a bunch of YouTube hacks.
I'll stick with established auto media outlets who all got 7.5-7.8s in instrumented tests including MotorWeek, Car & Driver, and Motor Trend

https://www.motorweek.org/reviews/ro...017-honda-cr-v
https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2...t-test-review/
Hol' up...what car are we talking about? Home Depot/grocery appliance CRV or performance sport car Integra? I'm having hard time following what relevance CRV has to this, other than the new thrilling sport performance car having the same 1.5T CVT. Is THAT a selling point for Integra, that it can keep up with a CRV? To quote the millennials: Ight, imma head out.
Old 06-06-2022 | 01:46 PM
AZ Community Team

Hol' up...what car are we talking about? Home Depot/grocery appliance CRV or performance sport car Integra? I'm having hard time following what relevance CRV has to this, other than the new thrilling sport performance car having the same 1.5T CVT. Is THAT a selling point for Integra, that it can keep up with a CRV? To quote the millennials: Ight, imma head out.

You wrote this

The CVT is criminally slow (over 8 seconds) and 6MT isn't that far behind, mid 7s.
yet didn't indicate what vehicle.

My point was simple, other Honda products with less HP and the same basic Honda L15 motor and CVT get 0-60 in ~7.5s. So have no idea where you got you're 8s+?
0-60 is 7.5s for the Civic and CRV, I expect similar but perhaps slightly less for the Integra, my guess is 7.2s CVT and 7.0 6MT
AFAIK to date, no media has tested an Integra so you have no clue what it's 0-60 time are from test results

Last edited by Legend2TL; 06-06-2022 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-06-2022 | 02:37 PM
®

You wrote this

yet didn't indicate what vehicle.

My point was simple, other Honda products with less HP and the same basic Honda L15 motor and CVT get 0-60 in ~7.5s. So have no idea where you got you're 8s+?
0-60 is 7.5s for the Civic and CRV, I expect similar but perhaps slightly less for the Integra, my guess is 7.2s CVT and 7.0 6MT
AFAIK to date, no media has tested an Integra so you have no clue what it's 0-60 time are from test results
Fine.

Maybe I'm too old fashion. I just really don't get the market for $38K front wheel drive 1.5T CVT compact car. But, you know, what the f do I know.
The following users liked this post:
silverTL6 (06-16-2022)
Old 06-11-2022 | 03:03 PM
Pro

The 1.5T Accord CVT, with 100 more pounds than the Integra and only 192HP has been timed at 7.2 0-60 by Motor Trend. I'd think the Integra with the CVT and a few more ponies would do 7.0 and the 6spd in the high 6's. The Civic SI has been timed at 6.8's.
Old 06-15-2022 | 05:32 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Yea, the Integra has 2 years of free maintenance and 1 year of extra warranty over the Civic. There's also an extra 20hp on tap while being about 20lb lighter than the Civic Touring. Of course, it also does not look like a $23k Civic LX for a slightly more premium look, FWIW. It's a bit of a trade off I guess. Basically for about the same $30k, do you want more bells and whistles, or do you want 10% more power, better warranty, free maintenance, and a more unique look. IMO it's a personal preference.