Integra Integra & RSX Discussion

Integra 2023 Acura Integra Type S

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2023, 11:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 396 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by fiatlux
The lowest ADM I've been able to find in the entire state of California is $15K, and that's if you want to go to the middle of nowhere in the Central Valley.
I am not familiar with the compact hot hatch market - I wonder if the markup is firm, or just there for people too rich or too naive. Have you had serious talk with any dealership? Perhaps they will budge in this economy to a more reasonably markup, say <$3k?
Old 05-05-2023, 12:08 AM
Safety Car

Received 3,434 Likes on 1,882 Posts
Originally Posted by sonyfever
I am not familiar with the compact hot hatch market - I wonder if the markup is firm, or just there for people too rich or too naive. Have you had serious talk with any dealership? Perhaps they will budge in this economy to a more reasonably markup, say <$3k?
There’s a waiting list of people willing to pay those ADMs, so I don’t expect them to budge. Fact of the matter is that there are enough geriatric millennials with lots of disposable income who want a CTR no matter the price
The following users liked this post:
Shadow2056 (05-08-2023)
Old 05-05-2023, 07:23 AM
Drifting

Received 1,255 Likes on 912 Posts
Originally Posted by PhilB81
The price is high, I agree with you all, but I don’t understand the low production numbers. Is the integra TypeS supposed to be a rarer car than a Porsche 918, or a LaFerrari?
I thought the NSX typeS was too low of a production number, but why do that with the integra?

I too believe there will be an initial frenzy and then the hype will cool off, but I still don’t understand it, it’s not a status car, and it’s not a niche car like the Corolla GR.

@Loki I get what you’re saying, but I don’t think that anyone seriously considering the integra-S is cross-shopping the Camaro. I think it’ll matter more how it stacks against Toyota (not even sure which model actually, crown: ugly and big, Camry; big, Corolla; maybe too small?)Benz c class, bmw 2 or 3 series, etc…
The GR Corolla is a direct competitor to the CTR and therefore, the ITS as well (it only comes in manual transmission). If there was a Lexus version of the GR Corolla, then it would match up nicely against the ITS. Doubtful this will ever happen since I'm not aware of any Lexus models that currently come in manual tranny only.

Last edited by ELIN; 05-05-2023 at 07:25 AM.
Old 05-05-2023, 08:43 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,607 Likes on 967 Posts
There’s a waiting list of people willing to pay those ADMs, so I don’t expect them to budge. Fact of the matter is that there are enough geriatric millennials with lots of disposable income who want a CTR no matter the price
I think the key is disposable income. I was visiting Genesis, MB, Audi and Lexus dealers in the past 2 months to help a family member. And I can confirm one thing, people have money and buying $90K, $100K+ CAD cars CASH. So, I won't be surprised if people are willing to pay $10K ADM or $15K to get the car they want. The world is different now. Everyone including myself thought with interest rate of 6-7% car market will tank, but still going strong!

Shadow2056 (05-08-2023)
Old 05-05-2023, 08:46 AM
AZ Community Team

Our American folks: you can buy your ITS from Canada, probably we will have 1-2 things extra compared to American model The price is $55K CAD$58K including destination. direct conversion as of today US$43K. You save $9K!

https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...855892878.html
lauren01 (05-12-2023)
Old 05-05-2023, 09:18 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 672 Likes on 417 Posts
Originally Posted by mvl
By "normal" I'd predict ITS will have ADM for 1-2 months max, MSRP for 6 months, and typical below MSRP towards the end of the 2024 MY. And you can probably buy 1-2 colors same day off the lot by late summer and get any color you want with under a 30 day wait.

Don't forget we just had another fed ratehike that should probably knock out most of the last ADMs left in the industry.
Depends on how many neckbeards take out loans to finance a car with ADM to be "first". Thankfully, the ITS doesn't have the same prestige or pedigree as behind the 'Type-R' name.

The fact that it's not built in Japan and doesn't have the Type-R seats everyone raves about will, I think, knock a lot of people back down to looking at the CTR over the ITS. Honestly, to me, the Civic interior actually looks better than the Integra's. The honeycomb design looks more cohesive in the Civic. For the difference in price, you're paying more for a car that's built worse and has less of the greatness that made this vehicle so highly sought after. If the ride isn't noticeably softer in the ITS, the vehicle is pointless.
Old 05-05-2023, 09:50 AM
mvl
Pro

Received 227 Likes on 153 Posts
ITS will have adaptive dampers. On every other Acura the adaptive damper ride is noticeably softer (if you choose) than lower trims, so I assume it wi be same for CTR vs ITS.
Old 05-05-2023, 09:56 AM
mvl
Pro

I don't think the rate hike will directly impact the ITS given its niche audience, but I think it will impact RDXs and MDXs and Honda models that compete with ITS for parts and assembly line days. Thus it should be easier for Acura to ramp up ITS production if waits get too long, and thus lower ADM.
Old 05-05-2023, 10:32 AM
®

Received 474 Likes on 224 Posts
The fact that even Acura hardcore fans are saying the price is justified with a straight face is mind-boggling. Acura marketed this car to oblivion to one of the poorest generations in decades with dozens of anime rollouts and then priced it starting at $52K. At the end of the day, at that price point, there are so many other better choices. Audi S3 with quattro and 7DCT that goes 0-60 in 4 seconds is $5000 less. TLX Type S is just few thousand more and it comes with SH-AWD, 10AT and a turbo V6.
Old 05-05-2023, 11:37 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by loki
The fact that even Acura hardcore fans are saying the price is justified with a straight face is mind-boggling. Acura marketed this car to oblivion to one of the poorest generations in decades with dozens of anime rollouts and then priced it starting at $52K. At the end of the day, at that price point, there are so many other better choices. Audi S3 with quattro and 7DCT that goes 0-60 in 4 seconds is $5000 less. TLX Type S is just few thousand more and it comes with SH-AWD, 10AT and a turbo V6.
If all you care about is 0-60, a Model 3 is much faster and cheaper than all of those.

At the end of the day, at this price point there are no other choices that come with a manual. That is a huge deal to enthusiasts who like driving their cars beyond just accelerating in a straight line. The only other option anywhere close in price is the CT4VBW which starts about $10K more (which to be fair I would pay for over the ITS).

Last edited by fiatlux; 05-05-2023 at 11:40 AM.
NwTSXmt (10-11-2023)
Old 05-05-2023, 11:46 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mvl
ITS will have adaptive dampers. On every other Acura the adaptive damper ride is noticeably softer (if you choose) than lower trims, so I assume it wi be same for CTR vs ITS.
CTR has adaptive dampers as well.
Old 05-05-2023, 12:01 PM
Drifting

If all you care about is 0-60, a Model 3 is much faster and cheaper than all of those.

At the end of the day, at this price point there are no other choices that come with a manual. That is a huge deal to enthusiasts who like driving their cars beyond just accelerating in a straight line. The only other option anywhere close in price is the CT4VBW which starts about $10K more (which to be fair I would pay for over the ITS).
Any thoughts on the CR Corolla? Yes, it's a Corolla but it's ushering in a new Toyota where eventually more CR variants will appear!
Old 05-05-2023, 12:08 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ELIN
Any thoughts on the CR Corolla? Yes, it's a Corolla but it's ushering in a new Toyota where eventually more CR variants will appear!
I haven't had a chance to drive the GR Corolla yet, but reviewers seem to love it. Seems like it'd be a great option too.
ELIN (05-05-2023)
Old 05-05-2023, 02:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 542 Likes on 350 Posts
Yeah I don't get any of this either. The Integra is cheap in spots and "bargain luxury" which is not a knock, as it is playing nicely in the segment it needs to be in. But when you price it this high than the whole vehicle is going to need to change and can alienate who it is intended for.
Old 05-05-2023, 03:47 PM
®

When I say 1SS 1LE 6MT is a track weapon that will annihilate this car, you tell me Integra S is not meant to compete with it. When I bring up 0-60 times, you tell me Integra S is not a 0-60 car. So what should I compare it to, a Chevrolet Equinox LS?

Make up your mind already.
Old 05-05-2023, 05:54 PM
Safety Car

When I say 1SS 1LE 6MT is a track weapon that will annihilate this car, you tell me Integra S is not meant to compete with it. When I bring up 0-60 times, you tell me Integra S is not a 0-60 car. So what should I compare it to, a Chevrolet Equinox LS?

Make up your mind already.
The ITS isn't a track car either because it's not nearly as focused as the CTR. What it's meant to be is a car that's fun to drive. Fun seems to be something that doesn't exist in your dictionary since you seem to be such a sourpuss when it comes to everything . Just accept the fact that they didn't make a car for you and instead made a car for people who enjoy having fun while driving. Everything (except the price) has been known since the very beginning, and let's be honest, even if this car was priced in the low 40s, you'd still be complaining about how it's only making 320hp and FWD. Just admit that no mattter what, you were going to complain about this car.

Last edited by fiatlux; 05-05-2023 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-05-2023, 06:03 PM
Safety Car

Given everything we already know about the car, and given that magazines are enthusiast-focused and over-index on manual transmission, I can already forsee what most of the reviews are going to say:

"Great car, just like the CTR, more mature, less boy racer, and a better daily driver. Probably not worth $7K more than the CTR, but if you can snag one at sticker, it might make more sense than buying a CTR at current market prices. Only question is whether you'd pay $15K more to hop into a CT4V-BW instead".
Old 05-05-2023, 07:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ESHBG
Yeah I don't get any of this either. The Integra is cheap in spots and "bargain luxury" which is not a knock, as it is playing nicely in the segment it needs to be in. But when you price it this high than the whole vehicle is going to need to change and can alienate who it is intended for.
Because the alternatives some mentioned are base MSRP. This is like comparing apple and apple tart - dressed up and optioned well, many of the supposed alternatives are either several thousands more, or just don't have what ITS offers, e.g. Camaro interior, M240 rear space.

If some on Reddit were complaining ITS is not 48k, how do you think they can afford a 55k+ car?

Last edited by sonyfever; 05-05-2023 at 07:33 PM.
Old 05-06-2023, 08:37 AM
Drifting

I have a funny feeling that it might get real quiet here once the ITS hits the streets. You can certainly post your initial thoughts here but how many of us are willing to admit paying ADM as a "badge of honor"?
loki (05-08-2023)
Old 05-06-2023, 08:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

Because the alternatives some mentioned are base MSRP. This is like comparing apple and apple tart - dressed up and optioned well, many of the supposed alternatives are either several thousands more, or just don't have what ITS offers, e.g. Camaro interior, M240 rear space.

If some on Reddit were complaining ITS is not 48k, how do you think they can afford a 55k+ car?
That's a stretch, to say that people can't afford it because they are commenting on the price...they may just be price in relation to perceived value conscious. That is where my beef lies, as I have seen an Integra up close and personal and it does not have $55+K bones.
ELIN (05-06-2023)
Old 05-06-2023, 09:30 AM
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
I received the e-mail about Pre-Ordering and selecting their dealer for delivery. I asked about Market Adjustment and it's nothing but crickets....
loki (05-08-2023)
Old 05-06-2023, 09:49 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by MDXAccord
I received the e-mail about Pre-Ordering and selecting their dealer for delivery. I asked about Market Adjustment and it's nothing but crickets....
Not a good sign when dealers can't commit to MSRP!
Old 05-06-2023, 12:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ESHBG
That's a stretch, to say that people can't afford it because they are commenting on the price...they may just be price in relation to perceived value conscious. That is where my beef lies, as I have seen an Integra up close and personal and it does not have $55+K bones.
Rest assured I don't underestimate people's buying power. I was specifically talking about some reddit posts that said they thought it would be 48k and could not afford the car at 50.8k. I don't understand to the same degree as you about these comments. The 48k they hoped for was really $49k, and one or two thousand dollars on a $50k car is 4% at most.

I guess I took the discussion out of context here, where we were talking about when budget was let's say 60k, and then ITS did not look like a good value. For this I can only say if you are a number guy and put less emphasis on utility and comfort, then I agree ITS is not the best buy. But if you want everything to a certain degree and that everything includes lightweight and 6MT, ITS suddenly looks like a unique proposition that no one really offers. It sits in its own niche-niche place, and that is the charm and value is all I want to say.

IMHO, this is a better niche than MDX-S.

Last edited by sonyfever; 05-06-2023 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-06-2023, 12:56 PM
Drifting

IMHO, this is a better niche than MDX-S.
Agreed. The MDX Type S has a handful of exclusives but not enough performance gap to justify the tremendous pricing disparity with the regular MDX.

Unfortunately for me, I may be in the market for a full size SUV again. This definitely rules out the MDX.
Old 05-06-2023, 01:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ELIN
Agreed. The MDX Type S has a handful of exclusives but not enough performance gap to justify the tremendous pricing disparity with the regular MDX.

Unfortunately for me, I may be in the market for a full size SUV again. This definitely rules out the MDX.
I digress, but even though I talked the talk and walked the walk, after renting X5 a few times, I really like X5 and kind of understand why most reviewers were lukewarm about MDX-S. Looking at the big picture, the car brought Acura basically a tie to X5, but the price also stepped up to X5 level and then some. ITS and TLX-S at least still sit at the mid-low end of their respective markets.
Tony Pac (05-07-2023)
Old 05-08-2023, 09:53 AM
®

The ITS isn't a track car either because it's not nearly as focused as the CTR. What it's meant to be is a car that's fun to drive. Fun seems to be something that doesn't exist in your dictionary since you seem to be such a sourpuss when it comes to everything . Just accept the fact that they didn't make a car for you and instead made a car for people who enjoy having fun while driving. Everything (except the price) has been known since the very beginning, and let's be honest, even if this car was priced in the low 40s, you'd still be complaining about how it's only making 320hp and FWD. Just admit that no mattter what, you were going to complain about this car.
Are you buying one?
Old 05-09-2023, 10:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Acura has shared videos on YT, here are the interior and exterior ones:

https://youtu.be/rB8M6Lz9TjY

​​

Last edited by ESHBG; 05-09-2023 at 10:40 PM.
sonyfever (05-10-2023)
Old 05-09-2023, 10:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Old 05-10-2023, 11:08 AM
Burning Brakes

The more I saw these teasers, the more I want to click the pre-order button.

Like the attention to details Acura put on this car. The shift knob is a nice throwback to TSX.
Old 05-10-2023, 12:26 PM
Drifting

Received 565 Likes on 364 Posts
It's going to be a great car. They'll sell every one they make.
Old 05-10-2023, 02:56 PM
AZ Community Team

I was the first one to day the price in the US is super high, in Canada it’s more reasonable. But after watching these teasers, I can say Acura nailed the design and features. Driving dynamics? We won’t know till it hits the market.

Acura just needed the right leader to revive their original dna - sport cars! And we can see they are building one car better than the other. Well done Acura! Now bring us the Rdx and Rdx type S! 🚀 is about to take off!
Old 05-10-2023, 06:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Fix the poor road insulation and I'll be interested. Should be enough time from now to the MMC for deals to be had off sticker.

That being said, the more I see it, the more I really don't like the way the fenders look "tacked on". CTR gets Japan build quality, better seats and a more seamless design. If you can ever get them for sticker, it's far and away the better deal IMO, even at the same price. I'd have to do something about that rear wing though.
Old 05-10-2023, 09:51 PM
mvl
Pro

According to the guys at Serra Acura (All Things Acura podcast), large dealers are likely to get a dozen of the ITSs and small dealers only a couple, for the entirety of 2023. So it does look like this will initially be supply constrained. Serra doesn't do ADM and they already have primary and backup deposits larger than their 2023 allocation.

Rough ratios vs things like PMC allocations, make me guess Acura is producing about 1000 ITSs nationwide in CY23.
Old 05-11-2023, 12:29 PM
Safety Car

JFC I tried to place a pre-order and the site threw a SFDC exception:

Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW, unable to obtain exclusive access to this record or 1 records: 0016g00001wHzVRAA0:
Precision Crafted Performance Code.
Old 05-11-2023, 07:02 PM
My dog thinks I'm Elvis!

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
The pre-order was a shit-show . The Acura provided link took me to the Integra page but there was no information about the Type-S pre-order. After refreshing for about 5 minutes I started searching and found the correct link under Vehicles - Type-S - Integra and found the link to pre-order. Was able to start the pre-order and ordered the Apex Blue Pearl/Orchid. I chose my dealer and then the paged failed with an error message. I refreshed continuously for about 20 minutes and got nothing. Then started over and got one page deeper to enter my information. The paged failed again and again I refreshed continuously for 20 minutes and got nowhere. Started over and after multiple refreshes each page and finally got to credit card info. Entered my info for the refundable $2000 deposit and boom I got a Congratulations page and conformation email and my credit card was charged. So I got one! Total time was about an hour of frustration. Yeah baby! Any body want to buy a 2004 TL 6MT full A-Spec with just under 100K miles, garaged and complete maintenance records in excellent condition (for a 19 yo car)? I'll be selling it in June when my new wheels arrive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The following 6 users liked this post by SBTL:
a35tl (05-12-2023), lauren01 (05-12-2023), Legend2TL (05-14-2023), NBPDC505 (06-19-2023), Sun Diego CL-S (06-22-2023), Tony Pac (05-12-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-12-2023, 05:45 AM
Drifting

^^^^^^^
Congrats on the preorder! $2k is a hell of a deposit but I guess it's the right number if demand is high!
Old 05-12-2023, 08:29 AM
AZ Community Team

Congrats! You're lucky to get one...Acura did not expect that any people waiting and refreshing their website. It crashed multiple times and apparently the response was overwhelming at Acura HQ! Well done Acura. Future is bright!
Old 05-12-2023, 08:33 AM
mvl
Pro

200 users isn't a lot for most systems to handle. Even 1000 should be achievable with not too much effort. Demand for this car must be off the charts...
Old 05-12-2023, 08:41 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by mvl
200 users isn't a lot for most systems to handle. Even 1000 should be achievable with not too much effort. Demand for this car must be off the charts...
200 or 2,000 isn't anything! Over 10,000 people were waiting! Demand for this Type S with this price point was just insane! Don't forget Acura is selling 3K units for the past year and many of these true enthusiasts want to switch to Type S, then you have the dealers followed by flippers hahah!

Last edited by Tony Pac; 05-12-2023 at 08:43 AM.
Old 05-12-2023, 01:03 PM
Drifting

Fixed that for you!

Originally Posted by Tony Pac
Don't forget Acura is selling 3K units for the past year and many of these true enthusiasts want to switch to Type S, then you have the dealers masquerading as flippers hahah!
The following 2 users liked this post by ELIN:
MDXAccord (05-12-2023), Tony Pac (05-12-2023)

Quick Reply: Integra 2023 Acura Integra Type S