Integra Integra & RSX Discussion

Integra 2023 Acura Integra Type S

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2022, 11:05 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,231 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Originally Posted by ESHBG
So not wanting a CVT in a performance car and acknowledging that Acura has a nice DCT and a 10 sp automatic and being disappointed that those aren't choices makes one a hater? Acura remains in business because some of you will swallow anything you are force fed by them no matter how ridiculous it is.

More odd moves: I read that the base Civic gets the 9 in screen but the Base Integra the 7 in.
i never said anything about the transmission, but you? You seem to hate anything and everything Acura puts out no matter what, that seems to be a given in the majority of your posts.
Acura remains in business cause they mostly seem to understand what their customers want, not true for the NSX but especially true for their SUV's.
Again, haters gonna hate.

Oh and you're wrong, the base Civic gets a 7" display hence it was partbin engineered for the Integra.
https://automobiles.honda.com/civic-sedan#trims-specs

Last edited by Legend2TL; 03-11-2022 at 11:11 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by Legend2TL:
a35tl (03-18-2022), Honda430 (03-11-2022), richii0207 (03-11-2022), Shadow2056 (03-11-2022), Tony Pac (03-28-2022)
Old 03-11-2022, 11:12 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 542 Likes on 350 Posts
Originally Posted by Legend2TL
i never said anything about the transmission, but you? You seem to hate anything and everything Acura puts out, that seems to be a given in the majority of your posts.

Oh and you're wrong, the base Civic gets a 7" display hence it was partbin engineered for the Integra.
https://automobiles.honda.com/civic-sedan#trims-specs
Not everything, the MDX seems to be a winner. But yes most of their products miss the mark nowadays and fall short. Watching some of you twist yourselves up trying to justify everything they do and then label others as "haters" when they don't agree with illogical choices is hilarious.

Then the article must have been incorrect. Maybe they got the Civic and SI trims mixed up? The SI does come with a 9 in. screen.
Old 03-11-2022, 11:20 AM
AZ Community Team

Not everything, the MDX seems to be a winner. But yes most of their products miss the mark nowadays and fall short. Watching some of you twist yourselves up trying to justify everything they do and then label others as "haters" when they don't agree with illogical choices is hilarious.

Then the article must have been incorrect. Maybe they got the Civic and SI trims mixed up? The SI does come with a 9 in. screen.
Meh, I don't justify anything a car manufacturer does, it's their choices and they get their results whether good or bad which is indicative from sales.
But watching the haters bitch and whine just about everything even before a car is test driven? Oh that's precious entertainment.

Last edited by Legend2TL; 03-11-2022 at 11:31 AM.
Old 03-11-2022, 11:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

Meh, I don't justify anything a car manufacturer does, it's their choices and they get their results whether good or bad which is indicative from sales.
But watching the haters bitch and whine just about everything? Oh that's precious entertainment.
Or is it "everything" because the moves they keep making are silly? This is just another one of their missteps and another hyped up product that is not living up to the hype.
Old 03-11-2022, 11:39 AM
AZ Community Team

Or is it "everything" because the moves they keep making are silly? This is just another one of their missteps and another hyped up product that is not living up to the hype.
Watch the the AoA video from ~9:00 mark, Alex understands and explains for what the target market it's trying to attract.

Last edited by Legend2TL; 03-11-2022 at 11:43 AM.
Old 03-11-2022, 11:40 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 591 Likes on 281 Posts
I like the new design. Not a major fan but I'm good with it. Not a fan of the CVT so I'm not a fan of them putting a CVT in the new Integra. In the Civic? Sure. But the Integra is supposed to be a more sporty design so the CVT shouldn't be in it. They should have gave it a DCT or the 10AT.
The following 5 users liked this post by Shadow2056:
ESHBG (03-11-2022), F23A4 (03-14-2022), Legend2TL (03-11-2022), pyrodan007 (03-16-2022), silverTL6 (03-23-2022)
Old 03-11-2022, 11:42 AM
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 120 Posts
If marketing doesn't hype new product they're not doing their job. Acura leadership has watched a very good looking but ultimately very mediocre car, the ILX, sell in decent numbers for years. With the Integra they expect to continue this trend and hope to improve on it. I'm not going to bitch at Acura for this; if anything I congratulate their marketing folks for successfully promoting a so-so product. If folks are going to bitch at anything they should bitch at all the slack jawed yokels out there who fall for the hype and buy the things - not at those who produce the hype.
Old 03-11-2022, 12:35 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,434 Likes on 1,882 Posts
Originally Posted by Shadow2056
I like the new design. Not a major fan but I'm good with it. Not a fan of the CVT so I'm not a fan of them putting a CVT in the new Integra. In the Civic? Sure. But the Integra is supposed to be a more sporty design so the CVT shouldn't be in it. They should have gave it a DCT or the 10AT.
In reality, much like with with the ILX, most buyers aren't going to know the difference between a CVT or DCT or normal torque converter auto. They'll just see that it has more power than a Civic, looks nicer than a Civic, has an A badge instead of an H badge, and is not that much more expensive. Even moreso than the ILX, it's going to sell well to the non-enthusiast crowd, I can guarantee that.
The following 4 users liked this post by fiatlux:
DJ Iceman (03-12-2022), Flapjackura (03-11-2022), Shadow2056 (03-11-2022), silverTL6 (05-13-2022)
Old 03-11-2022, 12:35 PM
Pro

Received 159 Likes on 105 Posts
Here's Redline Reviews' take on the Integra. I'm still irritated about the CVT, but perhaps the availability of 6MT pushed Acura toward the CVT for the automatic. They figure the hard core enthusiasts would buy the 6MT anyway, so they might as well keep it simple with an automatic that's used elsewhere (Alex's point). Without the 6MT available, maybe they would have used a more enthusiast-friendly automatic.

Last edited by Nedmundo; 03-11-2022 at 12:38 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Nedmundo:
Legend2TL (03-11-2022), Shadow2056 (03-11-2022)
Old 03-11-2022, 01:19 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Nedmundo
Here's Redline Reviews' take on the Integra. I'm still irritated about the CVT, but perhaps the availability of 6MT pushed Acura toward the CVT for the automatic. They figure the hard core enthusiasts would buy the 6MT anyway, so they might as well keep it simple with an automatic that's used elsewhere (Alex's point). Without the 6MT available, maybe they would have used a more enthusiast-friendly automatic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THElup_NEMc
Yeah, I can't imagine many non-enthusiasts saw the ILX and was like "wow, it has a DCT? Now I'm definitely gonna buy it". They probably saw that they could buy one for less than a Civic and were immediately sold on it. It could have had a 4-speed automatic and they would still buy it, and the bean counters know that.

Their marketing could have sold it too:
ILX's performance-tuned Quad-Speed® wide-ratio transmission allows its powerful, largest-in-class 2.4L engine to stay in the powerband longer, and results in more power sent to the ground via the stout yet efficient Super-Handling Dual-Wheel-Drive® system for the most thrilling and engaging drive in the segment ever.

Last edited by fiatlux; 03-11-2022 at 01:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
silverTL6 (03-23-2022)
Old 03-11-2022, 01:34 PM
Pro

Received 433 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by fiatlux
Yeah, I can't imagine many non-enthusiasts saw the ILX and was like "wow, it has a DCT? Now I'm definitely gonna buy it". They probably saw that they could buy one for less than a Civic and were immediately sold on it. It could have had a 4-speed automatic and they would still buy it, and the bean counters know that.
You hit the nail on the head. For those complaining about the CVT… would you have bought one if it was DCT or are y’all just looking for something else to complain about? Integras were the economic car from Acura and has always been, with their Type S/R lines catering towards towards who want more performance. People are treating the Integra as if it is like an NSX (eg. Base model has CVT/200hp, waahhh). Some people are just never happy. Same pessimistic people.

Last edited by richii0207; 03-11-2022 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-11-2022, 01:47 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by Shadow2056
+1 on he CVT. my guess is the accountants won the AT decision on the Integra. We've have/had three Honda CVT's (2012 & 2016 Civic, 2017 CR-V), in general they're OK gearboxes for just driving and function very well for managing power/throttle/ratio but also not sporty I would attest to. Always wanted to try the DCT so curious how they are to drive.

Originally Posted by Nedmundo
Agree the 6MT was added for the more enthusiast owners but still wonder why only two trim levels instead of all three? No spec's yet but wondering if the 6MT will come with stiffer sway bars as well (like on the 3G 6MT).

Two other things I found kinda perplexing is the 215mm tires on 17" wheels for the standard trim Integra while the Civic Si gets 235mm tires on 18" wheels which doesn't make sense either as their price point is fairly close. The other is a HUD which seems fairly unique for cars in this class. The synthetic leather is probably also OK as acceptance of psuedo leather has become more commonplace and dealing with deteriorating leather over time.
Shadow2056 (03-11-2022)
Old 03-11-2022, 02:44 PM
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
The funny thing is, I think this will actually steal sales from the FWD TLX. It can be had with a manual, is way cheaper, is roomier in the back and is more practical with the hatch, and is probably faster unless Acura puts it on a Big Mac diet like it did with the TLX.
The demographics (age primarily) is different for the TLX than will be for the Integra. And very few people prefer a manual transmission over an automatic, that is why they are becoming extinct. I also believe, while CVTs are becoming more prevalent, “luxury” buyers still prefer geared automatic trannies over CVTs. Hatchbacks are also far less popular than us enthusiasts believe. While we all search for the brown hatchback/station wagon with the manual transmission unicorn, we are in a very small minority.
Old 03-11-2022, 06:19 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Chargersix
The demographics (age primarily) is different for the TLX than will be for the Integra. And very few people prefer a manual transmission over an automatic, that is why they are becoming extinct. I also believe, while CVTs are becoming more prevalent, “luxury” buyers still prefer geared automatic trannies over CVTs. Hatchbacks are also far less popular than us enthusiasts believe. While we all search for the brown hatchback/station wagon with the manual transmission unicorn, we are in a very small minority.
The smoother ride of CVT is provably what those seeking luxury would prefer. You can really feel the DCT upshift and downshift in the ILX, sometimes jerking more than when I am driving a manual car. The CVT cars I’ve driven were smoooooth. Better MPG too

Last edited by richii0207; 03-11-2022 at 06:22 PM.
Shadow2056 (03-12-2022)
Old 03-14-2022, 11:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
The issue with CVTs has less to do with smoothness and more to do with power delivery when it comes to performance. That said, beancounters at Honda corporate weren't going let the Integra product planners stray too far from the Civic formula....hence the off the shelf powertrain. (I'm still surprised that the TLX departed as far as it did from the Accord; granted I fully expect the 11G Accord to have a similar setup to the current TLX....maybe manifesting on the TLX side as SH-AWD only for the MMC version) So, I guess we should be happy that the base Integra doesnt come with the base Civic's NA 2.0 w/CVT with a 1.5T coming in three years or so later as a Type S.
Shadow2056 (03-16-2022)
Old 03-15-2022, 11:03 AM
Drifting

Received 565 Likes on 364 Posts
My take is that Acura is going to sell a lot of Integras. The 6MT in the ASpec/Tech looks like a great everyday driving car, according to the raves that the new Civic SI has drawn with the same platform/powertrain. The styling is good, and the price looks reasonable for what you get. We're going to seriously look at one, especially the Performance Red shown in the Redline video.

If they later come out with a more beastly Type S, that could be our second Integra purchase.
The following 4 users liked this post by JM2010 SH-AWD:
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (03-21-2022), DJ Iceman (03-15-2022), Legend2TL (03-19-2022), Shadow2056 (03-16-2022)
Old 03-18-2022, 05:27 PM
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts
Yeah I don't really get the hate or bashing of the "oh, it's just a slightly more premium Civic Si" crowd. I mean, if base car was crap, then sure, but from all accounts, the Si is already pretty good car. It's not like it's just a slightly more premium Dodge Dart or something. What's wrong with wanting a slightly more premium Civic Si?

With the Type S, if it's comes with 2.0T with SH-AWD, then this will be my next daily driver and the second Integra I would own. But if it's FWD only, then my current 3G TL-S 6MT will have to keep on ticking for those odd days I have to drive my kids until they come out with a RDX Type S.

Last edited by whiteGSR; 03-18-2022 at 05:34 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by whiteGSR:
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (03-21-2022), JM2010 SH-AWD (03-21-2022)
Old 03-18-2022, 06:13 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by whiteGSR
Yeah I don't really get the hate or bashing of the "oh, it's just a slightly more premium Civic Si" crowd. I mean, if base car was crap, then sure, but from all accounts, the Si is already pretty good car. It's not like it's just a slightly more premium Dodge Dart or something. What's wrong with wanting a slightly more premium Civic Si?

With the Type S, if it's comes with 2.0T with SH-AWD, then this will be my next daily driver and the second Integra I would own. But if it's FWD only, then my current 3G TL-S 6MT will have to keep on ticking for those odd days I have to drive my kids until they come out with a RDX Type S.
I think the main beef for enthusiasts is that:

1) The automatic version gets a CVT, which is a big faux pas for anything that's supposed to be "sporty". In Acura's defense, the regular version of the car is aimed at mainstream buyers who don't know the difference between a CVT, a DCT, and a torque converter auto, so from a business perspective it makes sense.

2) The enthusiast-friendly 6MT is "paywalled" behind the top trim level. Yes, it sucks for folks on a budget, but the last time Honda offered the 6MT on the Accord, people complained that they were getting "punished" for buying the 6MT because you could only get it on one lower trim model.

3) It looks too much like a Civic, both inside and out. While the 11G Civic is really good, and no doubt the Integra will be leaps and bounds better than the shitbox ILX it replaces, it does feel like you get a bit of a raw deal if you pay a premium and still get something that resembles the mainline car.
Old 03-18-2022, 08:56 PM
Pro

3) It looks too much like a Civic, both inside and out. While the 11G Civic is really good, and no doubt the Integra will be leaps and bounds better than the shitbox ILX it replaces, it does feel like you get a bit of a raw deal if you pay a premium and still get something that resembles the mainline car.
They likely always share the same platform for cost-cutting reasons. It’s not a bad thing considering the civic is a great platform to build off, as shown by the performance of the CTR regardless of being the same as a regular civic inside minus the seats.

I don’t see anything wrong with keeping a good platform and adding some touches, whether luxury or performance wise.
Old 03-18-2022, 10:45 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by richii0207
They likely always share the same platform for cost-cutting reasons. It’s not a bad thing considering the civic is a great platform to build off, as shown by the performance of the CTR regardless of being the same as a regular civic inside minus the seats.

I don’t see anything wrong with keeping a good platform and adding some touches, whether luxury or performance wise.
It's not that they share the platform; Porsche and Audi shares platforms with VWs, Lexus shares platforms with Toyota, but people don't complain about that becuase the cars inside and out look different enough.

The problem is that the the exterior of the Integra, and especially the side profile, looks very much like the Civic. Acura even admitted as much when they said that everything from the A-pillar back is basically the same. And the interior also looks very very similar, with a similar design language as what we see in the Civic. They didn't even bother to give it the Acura steering wheel; they used the exact same steering wheel as the Civic and just replaced the H with an A. Things like that really makes it seem like they phoned it in on the inside (and outside).

Last edited by fiatlux; 03-18-2022 at 10:55 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by fiatlux:
ostrich (03-22-2022), pyrodan007 (03-27-2022), Shadow2056 (03-19-2022)
Old 03-21-2022, 11:09 AM
AZ Community Team

Next Generation 2023 Acura Integra Debut Featuring Pierre Gasly

Little surprised Pierre Gasly is in the commercial since he's hardly known in America except for F1. Perhaps Netflix's Drive To Survive has made foreign F1 drivers more notable in the US.

Old 03-21-2022, 11:55 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,607 Likes on 967 Posts
It's not that they share the platform; Porsche and Audi shares platforms with VWs, Lexus shares platforms with Toyota, but people don't complain about that becuase the cars inside and out look different enough.

The problem is that the the exterior of the Integra, and especially the side profile, looks very much like the Civic. Acura even admitted as much when they said that everything from the A-pillar back is basically the same. And the interior also looks very very similar, with a similar design language as what we see in the Civic. They didn't even bother to give it the Acura steering wheel; they used the exact same steering wheel as the Civic and just replaced the H with an A. Things like that really makes it seem like they phoned it in on the inside (and outside).
I agree that Acura copy and pasted Civic to Integra. I wish they would have at least made some minor changes, like steering wheel, a larger screen and perhaps slightly different knobs and etc. Exterior is still very beautiful since the front and end of the vehicle is 100% Acura design. We will see how much people will love the new Integra.
Old 03-27-2022, 07:50 PM
AZ Community Team

Where's a link to where Acura said that?
The body panels are actually different with a the Integra having a deep lower horizontal crease that runs along the bottom ~1/3 height of the doors and a slight diagonal crease along top 1/3 of the doors and rear quarter panel. The Civic door and quarter panels have much different horizontal creases of which the top crease runs along the top of front fenders, which are illustrated in GoodCar's video.

Colorado Guy AF Ret. (03-29-2022)
Old 03-27-2022, 08:02 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by Tony Pac
I agree that Acura copy and pasted Civic to Integra. I wish they would have at least made some minor changes, like steering wheel, a larger screen and perhaps slightly different knobs and etc. Exterior is still very beautiful since the front and end of the vehicle is 100% Acura design. We will see how much people will love the new Integra.
As pointed out in the above video there are differences in the side exterior body panels of the Civic and Integra. The interior parts bin engineering sharing is pretty drastic though between the Civic and Integra where there's ALOT of reuse. In a way I'm OK with it as the 11G Ciivic is quite a winner in design and overall execution. Do agree that I enjoyed the RSX and Integra having their own unique interior designs for the most part. I'm curious how the chassis tuning will differ between the two.

Last edited by Legend2TL; 03-27-2022 at 08:13 PM.
Tony Pac (03-28-2022)
Old 03-27-2022, 09:20 PM
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm excited about the possibility of a Type S. Looks like backseat room is pretty big in these, so might be on par with my 3 series. While this would be down on power, it might get slightly better MPG, I'll have a manual trans in the type S and much newer tech for my daily commute.

I'm pumped to see how the Integra evolves the next 6 or 8 months.
Old 03-28-2022, 11:42 AM
AZ Community Team

You seem to hate anything and everything Acura puts out no matter what, that seems to be a given in the majority of your posts.
I feel like asking a few members here the following one simple question:

WHAT DO YOU LIKE ABOUT ACURA? Nothing specific about Integra, RDX, MDX or TLX. Just list all your likes and dislikes about the brand

I am also wondering why these people don't go to Audi forms and let the Audi execs know that their Q7 isn't selling compared to the MDX. Why not make it better....Acura sold 50K+ MDX units last year compared to 25K units Q7. Why? There must be something about Acura and its vehicles. Acura is no infiiniti that's closing dealers and selling 50K units in total! Acura got 4 (soon will be 5) fantastic cars in their showrooms!

Last edited by Tony Pac; 03-28-2022 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-30-2022, 10:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 591 Likes on 281 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Pac
I feel like asking a few members here the following one simple question:

WHAT DO YOU LIKE ABOUT ACURA? Nothing specific about Integra, RDX, MDX or TLX. Just list all your likes and dislikes about the brand

I am also wondering why these people don't go to Audi forms and let the Audi execs know that their Q7 isn't selling compared to the MDX. Why not make it better....Acura sold 50K+ MDX units last year compared to 25K units Q7. Why? There must be something about Acura and its vehicles. Acura is no infiiniti that's closing dealers and selling 50K units in total! Acura got 4 (soon will be 5) fantastic cars in their showrooms!
Value. Reliability. Looks. For the things you get on the TLX Type S, you have to add different packages to Audi, Mercedes, and BMW in order to match it. Which drives their price up from $3k-6k more. So you either don't get it or you have to add it to be comparable.

Every car brand is going to have SOMETHING done that a person doesn't like. Die hard Ford fans hated the 3.5TT Ecoboost. They wanted V8s and said Ford was stupid for making the 3.5tt. I hate that Honda hasn't changed nothing on the HR-V and gave it that stupid 1.8 N/A that it's competition beats.

I'm not happy, as mentioned before, that Acura put the CVT in the new Integra when they have a perfectly running DCT or 10AT they could have used.
Old 03-30-2022, 04:43 PM
AZ Community Team

OFFICIAL - 2023 Acura Integra Final Specifications, Packages, and Options

He's like me hoping the 6MT being available with both A-Spec packages.

Old 03-31-2022, 07:09 AM
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
He's like me hoping the 6MT being available with both A-Spec packages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJo0VJPn2rI
I want to know about the type s. 6MT with a 2.0turbo? For about 45k? Yes plz
Old 03-31-2022, 12:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 361 Posts
Looks like the Integra may have some indirect competition from Toyota: GR Corolla with 300hp 1.6T and AWD

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...-release-date/
leomio2.0 (04-02-2022)
Old 03-31-2022, 12:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 208 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by pyrodan007
Looks like the Integra may have some indirect competition from Toyota: GR Corolla with 300hp 1.6T and AWD

A 3 cylinder Yerass. Oh sorry Yaris
Old 03-31-2022, 02:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
rumors are there will be a different Type of Integra Released besides the Type S.
Old 03-31-2022, 03:48 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by Nexx
rumors are there will be a different Type of Integra Released besides the Type S.
Very exciting! Love the new Acura lineup and design. I always thought Mazda has an awesome design and lineup and now Acura is just killing it The design of MDX TYPE S = WOW! imagine when RDX TYPE S will come
Old 03-31-2022, 04:09 PM
AZ Community Team

I'd love to see the CTR powertrain, front brakes and dual axis front suspension integrated into a Type-R or Type-S Integra.

Background on the CTR front suspension which allows better performance
https://global.honda/innovation/tech...cturebook.html

Last edited by Legend2TL; 03-31-2022 at 04:13 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Legend2TL:
Shadow2056 (04-02-2022), Tony Pac (03-31-2022)
Old 03-31-2022, 10:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
Wink

I'd love to see the CTR powertrain, front brakes and dual axis front suspension integrated into a Type-R or Type-S Integra.

Background on the CTR front suspension which allows better performance
https://global.honda/innovation/tech...cturebook.html

why stop at a CTR powertrain when you can have more.....
Old 04-02-2022, 09:01 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 672 Likes on 417 Posts
I'll just put this here ....

https://www.motor1.com/news/399596/h...ame-expansion/

Originally Posted by pyrodan007

Honestly, yes ... despite the Honda nutswinger who puts a Type-R badge on his crossover, this is a very compelling vehicle. Manual for those who demand a performance car have one, reliability of a Toyota and AWD for those who live where it snows ... and better traction on the street for some not-so-legal activities. Competition is always good. Though, I doubt you'll be able to get either for sticker ... because import JDM brah.

And lets not forget about the Golf R. Although I'm not a fan of the new interior layout, it's definitely a nice place to be and it performs better than even its underrated numbers suggest. As far as the typical parrot-brained remarks of "Germans aren't as reliable as Japanese!" (stated by those who lease their cars or only keep them <5yrs anyhow), there's a plenty of examples with higher mileage on VWVortex without any issues. Biggest issue is carbon build up on the intake valves, but that's not a VW exclusive issue but rather a DI issue.
The following 3 users liked this post by leomio2.0:
ESHBG (04-03-2022), pyrodan007 (04-03-2022), Shadow2056 (04-02-2022)
Old 04-03-2022, 10:25 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by leomio2.0
I'll just put this here ....

https://www.motor1.com/news/399596/h...ame-expansion/

Honestly, yes ... despite the Honda nutswinger who puts a Type-R badge on his crossover, this is a very compelling vehicle. Manual for those who demand a performance car have one, reliability of a Toyota and AWD for those who live where it snows ... and better traction on the street for some not-so-legal activities. Competition is always good. Though, I doubt you'll be able to get either for sticker ... because import JDM brah.

And lets not forget about the Golf R. Although I'm not a fan of the new interior layout, it's definitely a nice place to be and it performs better than even its underrated numbers suggest. As far as the typical parrot-brained remarks of "Germans aren't as reliable as Japanese!" (stated by those who lease their cars or only keep them <5yrs anyhow), there's a plenty of examples with higher mileage on VWVortex without any issues. Biggest issue is carbon build up on the intake valves, but that's not a VW exclusive issue but rather a DI issue.
This may end but being a pretty competitive segment with the cost of fuel, MPG mandates on the near horizon, models dropping in and out, etc. And speaking of, VW announced that the Golf MK 9 will be a crossover:

https://carbuzz.com/news/volkswagen-...be-a-crossover

Old 04-03-2022, 10:52 AM
Safety Car

This may end but being a pretty competitive segment with the cost of fuel, MPG mandates on the near horizon, models dropping in and out, etc. And speaking of, VW announced that the Golf MK 9 will be a crossover:

https://carbuzz.com/news/volkswagen-...be-a-crossover
April Fools. They do this every year

https://carbuzz.com/tags/april-fools-day
ESHBG (04-04-2022)
Old 04-04-2022, 09:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

April Fools. They do this every year

https://carbuzz.com/tags/april-fools-day
Ha ha I didn't even think of that! And with more and more crossovers/SUVs hitting market it wasn't unreasonable.

And I guess when every day over the last few years has been one big giant joke, you overlook April Fools Day
Old 04-05-2022, 09:05 AM
06 TL 6MT + 18 ATS-V 8AT

Received 161 Likes on 93 Posts
why stop at a CTR powertrain when you can have more.....
Originally Posted by leomio2.0
+1, I don't see AHM backpedaling on their Type-R/S strategy. There was talk about a hybrid for the Integra, even a leaked diagram for this powertrain in the 2G TLX. But Acura later stated they're going straight to electric, and has been phasing out eSH-AWD from the lineup. Could this be the e-turbo that Garrett was developing for some unannounced manufacturer (that we originally thought was going into the TLX-S)?

Quick Reply: Integra 2023 Acura Integra Type S