Integra Integra & RSX Discussion

02 RSX seats in a Tiburon

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 11:44 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 RSX seats in a Tiburon

The 2002 RSX leather seats are one of my favourites. I really wanted to put them in my 99 tiburon. I wasn't sure if they would fit. So I got a good deal on them, took them home, and modified them slightly for them to fit. They fit PERFECTLY with some minor modifications. They look AWESOME!! The guy who I bought them from, suggested that I post here with questions about fitment and stuff.

Now, I just have a couple questions which I was hoping you guys could help me with.

1. I see that the driver's side has 2 connectors: a grey one and a yellow one. The yellow one is for the side airbags, but what's the grey one for? I'm assuming it's either for the seatbelt warning light, or heated seats.

2. The passenger seat has 3 connectors: 2 grey ones, and a yellow one. Again, yellow for airbags. The other 2 grey ones, one of them looks like the grey one in the driver's seat, but the other grey connector is much longer (has 4 prongs and looks like a rectangle). Can someone tell me what both these connectors are for?

The reason why I'm wanting to know this, is because I wanna activate the heated seats, but I'm not sure which of the connectors it is.

Any responses will be much appreciated! Thanks so much, guys!
Old 04-23-2009, 06:56 AM
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts
One of the passenger side connectors is for the OPDS, the sensor that detects whether the passenger is sitting in an awkward position and disables the airbags.

US model RSXs don't come with heated seats. Canadian model ones may have them.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:35 AM
3rd Gear

Shrykhar, many thanks for the reply! I actually have the Canadian model seats. I'm just intrigued at the fact that there is 1 grey connector on the driver-side, and 2 grey connectors on the passenger-side. From searching online, I think that the reason for that is that the driver-seat only has a seat warmer, whereas the passenger one has both: seat and back warmers. Just wanted to be sure about that.

On a related note, is there a wiring diagram, or something, for those connectors? The driver-side connector has 2 prongs (positive/negative, I guess), but which is which? And for the passenger-side one, like I said, it has 2 grey connectors: 1 connector has 2 prongs also (just like the driver's), but the other connector has 4 prongs.

Any knowledge of what each prong is for? (or a wiring diagram?)
Old 04-23-2009, 10:58 AM
3rd Gear

I forgot to add to my post:

which one of the passenger side connectors is for the OPDS? Is it the one with the 4 prongs, or the one with 2? I'm thinking (and hoping) that it's the one w/ the 4 prongs

My guess was that both these connectors was for back and seat warmers, but I was wrong. I don't really care about activating the OPDS module as I won't be connecting the side airbags.

Could those with US model seats quickly check for me which of the passenger-side connectors is for the OPDS? Since you won't have seat warmers, my guess is that you will only see 1 connector attached to your passenger seat. I just need to know if this connector has 4 wires/prongs, or 2.