Acura ILX warning lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 06:37 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura ILX warning lights

Hi, I have a 2014 ILX that just turned 90k. Everything was great with the car. I started to hear and feel a little vibration from the drivers side wheel bearing. I pulled it apart and replaced it. When I went to pull out the OEM abs/speed sensor it broke. So I got a replacement from autozone. Everything went back together smoothly but now when I start the car I get a (hill start operation , vsc steering, abs and check power steering warning lights) only thing that was touched and replaced electrical was the abs sensor. I double checked the connections, disconnected the battery and removed and reinstalled the fuses. Lights are still coming on. Car was on jack stands to do wheel bearing replacement. Not any different from when I put a set of brake pads on it. Next is I’m going to take back the sensor to autozone and get another. Do you guys think that is the issue or with replacing the sensor does it need to be reset at the dealership. I’ve replaced sensors before in other vehicles and haven’t had this issue. Thanks for any kind of help, chris
Old 03-16-2019, 07:48 PM
5th Gear

Vsa system not vsc
Old 03-19-2019, 12:23 AM
5th Gear

Well the other day I found out there’s a fusable link in the fuse box for the vsa. Took that out. Looks perfectly fine. Had the battery off for a couple of hours. That didn’t work. Even tried the 4 pin to 9 pin in the obd plug. Could get the dash go to a diagnostic but can’t figure out how to reset the vsa like the older models. Mine has a push button start. Can’t hold the brake and turn to ignition. Car will start automatically. Everything I’ve read said not to start the car with the pin wire installed. Not risking anything. Can a regular shop with a snapon diagnostic tool work or do I have to take it to the Honda dealer?
why is there barely any info on the push button start Hondas or acuras? Let alone the ILX. Feel like we’ve been left out of the car community.
Old 03-23-2019, 02:01 AM
5th Gear

Well I fixed my issue. It was installer failure. Thought I had the bearing in the correct way. Somehow I didn’t. I over-analyzed the whole thing. Pulled the car apart and saw my issue and ordered another bearing. It came in and I replaced in the correct way and I didn’t even drive 10yards and the lights went out.

Thanks for all the responses. I know this was my fault but I’m surprised there is no action at all on the forum. Plenty of people asking for help but no one replies.
Signing out.
Old 03-23-2019, 02:02 AM
5th Gear

fixed

Well I fixed my issue. It was installer failure. Thought I had the bearing in the correct way. Somehow I didn’t. I over-analyzed the whole thing. Pulled the car apart and saw my issue and ordered another bearing. It came in and I replaced in the correct way and I didn’t even drive 10yards and the lights went out.

Thanks for all the responses. I know this was my fault but I’m surprised there is no action at all on the forum. Plenty of people asking for help but no one replies.
Signing out.
Old 03-23-2019, 02:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 204 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisracerx

Signing out.
I only respond if I may possibly have useful information.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 168 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by DaIll1
I only respond if I may possibly have useful information.
Same here.