2016 Acura ILX Base Head unit Upgrade.

Old 03-24-2017, 04:43 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 Acura ILX Base Head unit Upgrade.

Hey guys, was wondering if it's possible to do a head unit upgrade on the 2016 Acura ILX Base model. The upgrade I want to try is taking the Base head unit and replacing it with the Premium's head unit before I install a new audio system. Gonna put Focal's K2 KX3 kit in (rear and forward door speakers with the tweeters) and adding duel 10" subs with a custom box to form fit in my trunk. Which subs, have no idea yet. Was thinking of going with Alpine or just keep the trend going and use Focals subs (I went with base cause it was the shuttle for the dealership and only had 2k miles for a steal. Didn't realize some of the sound system limitations and short falls.)
Following link is the Premiums Head unit. Don't need navigation so I'm not gonna go for it, plus its much more expensive for features I don't need when I got my handy dandy phone.
https://parts.sonsacura.com/showAsse...category=19654

Any and all feedback is welcome!!!
Old 07-24-2018, 09:48 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you ever go through with this? What was the outcome? I'm exploring something similar with my ILX, my base head unit doesn't output the frequency levels that I want so I need to either get a de-equalizer DSP or replace the head unit.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:02 PM
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by ferrarimangp
Did you ever go through with this? What was the outcome? I'm exploring something similar with my ILX, my base head unit doesn't output the frequency levels that I want so I need to either get a de-equalizer DSP or replace the head unit.
Where does the equalization take place in these base models? Head unit or amp?

Search this Thread