just ordred directv

Old 04-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
just ordred directv

I got home today and found that my cable had been shut off. I called to find out that the info that I entered into their online bill pay (the same way I have done for over 3 years) did not go through, twice. I received no notification or anything. In fact, their site showed that my payment went through. They told me I had to go pay the balance in full in cash just to get the account up to date, so that I can even see any additional info online.

Now I work a lot, and their offices are not open during my work hours. The ONLY other option is that they send someone to pick up the payment, which has a charge of just under $50. Furthermore, they are charging me $20 per attempt to pay my bill cause they said it was my error

This is the second time I have had a major issue with them since I moved two months ago. I already hate them. Today at work, I spent 4 hours just cleaning up the fuckups their tech made at my job, including telling the customer they left HD boxes that were standard def boxes. So I called Directv, ordered comparable service, with the same stations more or less, with three rooms, HD and DVR service, along with high speed internet that is rated faster then what I am currently getting. My total will be half per month what I am currently paying. I am not a big fan of satellite, but am MORE then willing to give them a shot after dealing with Cablevision.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:49 PM
Suzuka Master

spoke to soon. Did exactly what DTV told me to do, called up AT&T to setup my internet install. AT&T knew nothing about it, and said they have no deal with DTV. Called DTV back again, spoke to someone in the correct department, and they said that AT&T services my city, but not my area. For my area it would be Wild Blue or some shit, with a 1.5 MB dl speed for ~$79 a month with a $380 setup fee. First person told me that it would be $35 a month through AT&T with no setup fee for 6 MB dl. Why is it that none of this shitty fucking companies can get their act together? It is 100% impossible to call and get anyone that has a friggin clue.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Did you read the thread where 50% of high school students don't graduate? They wind up working for companies like these.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:17 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,847 Likes on 2,586 Posts

Are you ever going to start a thread that goes "something good actually happened to me today"
Old 04-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Sarlacc

Are you ever going to start a thread that goes "something good actually happened to me today"
What a fucking surprise
Old 04-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by jlukja
Did you read the thread where 50% of high school students don't graduate? They wind up working for companies like these.
I didn't see that thread. Thats of no surprise. It's bad enough that no one is trained properly and you cannot get the correct info, ever. It's another altogether that these companies take to responsibility. This cable company has fucked up majorly in the two months since I moved. Their reaction both times is, "oh, not our fault, so we're not doing anything." They told me the reason my account was placed on hold is because my account info is invalid (meaning my bill paying info I have their bill payment site). I said what does that mean. To which I was told that I entered the wrong info. I said ok, read back to me my account info that I entered wrong. They said they deleted it when they placed my account on hold, so they can't How pathetic is that.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:25 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by 2001AudiS4
What a fucking surprise
It really isnt.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:28 PM
The Third Ball

PS newflash

ALL major cable company BLOWS. Comcast, Cablevision, and Time Warner (especially TW) SUCK.

They hire incompetents, they don't keep separate depts on the same page, and quite frankly no one there gives a fuck.

Worst part, aint shit we can do about it.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:50 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
^^ Cable is the worst....but it's not like Sat. is night and day better service than cable....is it better...generally yes, but in my dealings with DTV and Dish they have alot of clowns over there too.

<----current DTV subscriber for many years.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:52 PM
Benchwarmer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sarlacc
PS newflash

ALL major cable company BLOWS. Comcast, Cablevision, and Time Warner (especially TW) SUCK.

They hire incompetents, they don't keep separate depts on the same page, and quite frankly no one there gives a fuck.
I'll tell you one thing Comcast is good at: Sending out ads in the mail. I easily get 3 offers a week to switch to Comcast.

Worst part, aint shit we can do about it.
Can switch to da dish. When you consider all that could go wrong with dish they actually do a decent job at DTV. Best of all, they apologize and offer stuff when something does go wrong. Most houses and neighborhoods are already wired for cable, a signal that doesn't need to travel through the air. And they still only budget about $1.99/month for personal friendly service. Some asshole somewhere is sitting atop the cable pyramid with a shitload of cash.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:38 PM
The Third Ball

My in laws have dish network and they like it, and I've liked using it.

I have to have TW because that is who services my area and who my home owners has a contract with. Though there is a HoA meeting tonight were I do want to bring up the new FCC ruling saying these companies have to allow the option to use other people.