Anyone done garden pavers?

Old 09-11-2005, 03:08 PM
I miss my 03 CL-S :(

Received 445 Likes on 214 Posts
Anyone done garden pavers?

In the rear of my home I've got a deck with stairs that go down to a small enclosed yard. The yard is basically covered with mulch. The previous owners had dogs which they would leave down there, but I don't and frankly it's becoming a pain going down there and removing weeds every other day. I'm thinking of covering most of the area under the deck with concrete/brick pavers.

Here's the yard area from the top of deck:

On the lower left is a shed, on the right the stairs from the top of the deck. The entire yard area is maybe 15'x15'.

Here's a pic from the area shown in the upper left, showing the underside of the deck:

So you see the mess of weeds. Do you all think pavers are a good way to go? If anyone has done something like this before, how much do you think it would cost to have someone do it? Any recommendations in the NoVA area? I could probably do it myself but it would take me way too long.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:40 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
You should just lay some brick or stone or something, killing what little bit of a yard you have can really hurt your resale with people who do own pets.

If you put in brick or stone, it's at least relatively painless for someone to change later if they wish. If you pave the thing, you're screwed.

Plus, brick or stone would look a hell of alot better then a concrete slab anyway...
Old 09-11-2005, 06:40 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Nevermind, I just realized... "pavers" are just "bricks" of sort... <- idiot.