Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

woohoo goal attained.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:46 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
woohoo goal attained.

So back in highschool i was a middle line backer and threw javelin. i worked out excessively and did the whole supplements thing. most i ever weighed was 195lbs @ 6 feet. unfortunatley, through a combination of injuries and over lifting i fucked up my body pretty good.

it wasnt until recently (6 months ago) that i started working out again, except this time, im doing it all natural. no supplements, no weights. thats right, only things i can do with my own body weight. after getting severley sick and i stopped lifting and lost a shit ton of weight, i had a clean slate at 165 lbs and i had grown an inch. my goal is to ultimatley reach 200 lbs again. but in a safer manner.

So i decided to keep myself motivated, id break it down into a couple seperate stages. stage 1. 180 lbs stage 2. 190 lbs stage 3. 200 lbs.

gaining weight was easy at first since i was putting back necessary weight i lost from being sick. i have a pretty simple routine, suspended dips, pullups (australian, supe and pro), Ab Bridges, pushups (both tricep and wide), wall sits and unweighted squats.

Like i said, ive seen steady gains throughout the past 6 months, ive always been a big eater, i consume about 7000 calories a day and today i finally hit 180lbs. as for actual muscle gains size wise. standing up, i can no longer see my nip's if i just glance down

anyways. was real stoked about this so i figured id share.

Also if any of yall have any other ideas for unweighted excersise's, feel free to post em up. i could definetly use them.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:24 PM
J35 _ 5 Speed A/T

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sounds like you need to focus on repair work first. i.e. activation and strength building exercises rather than bulking exercises.

7000 cals for your routine is too much. Are you gaining fat rather than muscle?

Chin-ups are a good body weight exercise. Slow down on the eccentric movement for about a 4 tempo. (supe = I guess this means supine, so chin-ups in essence?)

If I can make a suggestion on those push-ups in order to save your shoulders from excessive wear and tear. Leave out the wide position and focus on the tricep movement. Elbows tucked, arms close to the body.

Also, try an Isometric push-up: take your beginning movement and then drop down close to the ground, hold it for 1 min 30 sec. Your done. Increase 10 seconds weekly, if you can. Use this exercise as "preparatory", or before you lift weights.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:32 AM
Drifting

diamond pushups?
lunges. burpies.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Drifting

lunges are great... remember when I added them to legs day my ass was burning.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:59 AM
Drifting

when i was bulking i ate 9k calories a day. 7k keeps me healthy, and im too hungry when i dont eat. i havent put on any fat (atleast any i can see) i did notice my shoulders giving out before my other muscles, and that sucked. i completley forgot about lunges! good call.

Ive done all of my rehab for my muscles and joints, im at the point were im ready to start bulking again. i just want to do it at a much slower rate then i did. i figured the all natural route would be best, healthy balance of strength training along with endurance.

i did start doing weighted bicep curls since i want to keep my arms from becoming all too tricep heavy (even though biceps are pointles muscles)

my back is really the only thing i cant think of how else to develop. i mean, pull ups do work to an extent.. but not the way a lat row does.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:01 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the more weight you gain, the harder it's going to be to do all calisthenic and plyometric workouts...especially if your not lifting weights....
Old 04-18-2009, 09:29 AM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On a side...I understand your really trying to bulk up....and you may be lean and have great genetics to get away with a crappy diet in regards to overall body fat...

however, people that are in good shape are still susceptible to cardiovascular disease and heart attacks.

You may not get fat, but your diet is still extremely unhealthy.

If your going to bulk...do it with healthy foods...

oats, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, grilled ckn, fish, get your veggies in, natural PB/ almonds, omega 3/6, fruits, low fat yogurts, low fat/ no fat cheeses, low fat milk, organic granola, fibrous rich foods, yams/sweet potato, eggwhites, whole wheat bread etc....

Last edited by RMATIC09; 04-18-2009 at 09:31 AM.