Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

what vitamins and supplements does everyone take?

Old 10-10-2005 | 09:18 AM
Dromaeosaurs/Velociraptor

what vitamins and supplements does everyone take?

Just wanted to see what everyone is taking as far as vitamins and supplements are concerned on daily/weekly basis.
Old 10-10-2005 | 09:26 AM
Go Giants

We had a post on this, I can't find it though. I think it's called "what supplements and why"....
Old 10-10-2005 | 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Whiskers
We had a post on this, I can't find it though. I think it's called "what supplements and why"....
I couldnt find it...I did a search for supplements..but nothing specific came up. Mondays suck
Old 10-10-2005 | 09:32 AM

shiet...found them now....must have been the noodle finger syndrome when I was looking it up earlier....

OK..and updates since they are like hella old posts before.. hahha
Old 10-10-2005 | 09:32 AM
Suzuka Master

1 Multivitamin
1000mg C
4000mg Flax Seed Oil
4000mg Fish Oil
ZMA
Whey protein
Old 10-10-2005 | 09:35 AM
tsxy

Right now just multi vitamins but what I have in my house and what I take it I used to work a ton and will when I get back into it:

100% Whey Isolate
Glutamine (powder form)
Flax seed oil (liquid form)
CLA
Pyruvate

shite I cant even remember all the crap I have... Those are the most important and what I would take on a normal basis but then I also had others on occassion
Old 10-10-2005 | 09:36 AM
tsxy

Originally Posted by ABreece
1 Multivitamin
1000mg C
4000mg Flax Seed Oil
4000mg Fish Oil
ZMA
Whey protein
What protein do you take?
Old 10-10-2005 | 09:48 AM

I'm currently taking..

baby asprin
Flax seed oil (Gel caps) to supplement days I dont eat the seeds
Mega Men multi vitamin
Aloe Vera gelcaps
CLA
Biotin
Copper
MSM
Ester C
Ester E
B-Complex
Amino Burst 3000
100% Whey GNC
Muscle Milk
Cell Tech Creatine

Probably will knock off a bunch of those above once I get the new stuff from VPX Sports

CEX - Ester Creatine
Redline RTD
Thin Fat
Meltdown
Zero Carb Protein (not on the zero carb craze...I make up for it in meals)
Ultra Pure Glutamine powder
CMZ minerals
Dietex meal replacements to get in those 2 other meals in the day
Old 10-10-2005 | 09:58 AM
tsxy

Originally Posted by RaptorCLS
I'm currently taking..

baby asprin
Flax seed oil (Gel caps) to supplement days I dont eat the seeds
Mega Men multi vitamin
Aloe Vera gelcaps
CLA
Biotin
Copper
MSM
Ester C
Ester E
B-Complex
Amino Burst 3000
100% Whey GNC
Muscle Milk
Cell Tech Creatine

Probably will knock off a bunch of those above once I get the new stuff from VPX Sports

CEX - Ester Creatine
Redline RTD
Thin Fat
Meltdown
Zero Carb Protein (not on the zero carb craze...I make up for it in meals)
Ultra Pure Glutamine powder
CMZ minerals
Dietex meal replacements to get in those 2 other meals in the day
Do you do shows?
Old 10-10-2005 | 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by stphy32
Do you do shows?

oh no..not me...I just like to stay healthy...i got really out of shape after college...so I'm just going back to what I used to do..
I used to swim, play football, and tennis. depending on what sport I would create more lean muscle rather than bulk..and visa versa...

my eating habits are kinda crazy I guess..probably no more worse than some others...my mom says I need to get help ...hahahahaha..especailly after what I told her I eat for a post workout downer

Last edited by RaptorCLS; 10-10-2005 at 10:06 AM.
Old 10-10-2005 | 10:16 AM
tsxy

oh no..not me...I just like to stay healthy...i got really out of shape after college...so I'm just going back to what I used to do..
I used to swim, play football, and tennis. depending on what sport I would create more lean muscle rather than bulk..and visa versa...

my eating habits are kinda crazy I guess..probably no more worse than some others...my mom says I need to get help ...hahahahaha..especailly after what I told her I eat for a post workout downer
How much $$ do you spend a month on suppliments!? Dont take this the wrong way but IMO you take too many but thats just my you really dont need to take all those...

I used to be crazy and take a bunch but how good is it really? I did my research and talked to tons of bodybuilders and fitness athletes and was told are the essential to helping stay lean or bulk or what not...

How many pills do you take a day? I remember when I used to take a bunch also it was ridiculous, I had to bring them in plastic baggies.. to me, it just wasnt worth it...

But I give you a lot of love and respect for wanting to be healthy
Old 10-10-2005 | 10:19 AM
tsxy

Oh and I say that because a lot of people over do it on the vitamins especially... the vitamin you are taking now, the ultra mega men is an excellent vitamin! You really dont need to take any others

p.s. I take the womans
Old 10-10-2005 | 10:29 AM

How much $$ do you spend a month on suppliments!? Dont take this the wrong way but IMO you take too many but thats just my you really dont need to take all those...

I used to be crazy and take a bunch but how good is it really? I did my research and talked to tons of bodybuilders and fitness athletes and was told are the essential to helping stay lean or bulk or what not...

How many pills do you take a day? I remember when I used to take a bunch also it was ridiculous, I had to bring them in plastic baggies.. to me, it just wasnt worth it...

But I give you a lot of love and respect for wanting to be healthy

hmm..never really took at look at my costs...might have to...hahahha...my old coach who is retired now gets stuff me too at some unbelievable costs...I might have to finally ask where he gets it from. I'm just changing over to VPX products after trying a sample pack and was able to tell a difference in my performance. The pack I'm ordering ran me about $250, but I replaced everything...so maintaince costs wont be that much. I think where I spend most of the money goes to healthy foods....organic, no hormones meats, etc...

I do take quite a few pills..but most of them I've changed over to fully liquid form, so its not that bad at all. Heres what I want to narrow it down too. Not that big of a difference, but oh well...I'm used to it.

baby asprin
Flax seed oil liquid
Mega Men multi vitamin
Aloe Vera liquid drink from your local korean supermarket..
CLA liquid
Biotin
Copper
MSM
Ester C chew like a now-a-later
Ester E ' ' ' ' ' '
B-Complex I alternate this and Biotin

so all in all..I currently take 10 'pills' a day....but most are like tic tac size..so no biggie....

I'm always researching..foods and herbs...so when I find something I can rather just eat within foods, I do that instead. Only if its tolerable though...you know
Old 10-10-2005 | 10:41 AM

Oh and I say that because a lot of people over do it on the vitamins especially... the vitamin you are taking now, the ultra mega men is an excellent vitamin! You really dont need to take any others

p.s. I take the womans

yeah..I probably should cut out a few...maybe just take

baby asprin
Mega Men multi vitamin
Aloe Vera liquid drink from your local korean supermarket..
MSM
Ester C chew like a now-a-later
Ester E ' ' ' ' ' '
B-Complex

I'll probably think I'm missing something since I did the load of them for so long..hahaha
Old 10-10-2005 | 10:41 AM
tsxy

So why are you taking baby aspirin right now? Unless you have an underlying health issue, blood clots or something and your doctor has told you this- I really dont think its necessary

Just trying to help
Old 10-10-2005 | 10:46 AM

So why are you taking baby aspirin right now? Unless you have an underlying health issue, blood clots or something and your doctor has told you this- I really dont think its necessary

Just trying to help

I had a issue with a a****************arythmia. It was a once time occurance and the heart doc said it will probably never happen again considering what was going thru my life at the moment that might have triggered a fluke occurrance....he did say that its very possible my dad passed it down since he has it bad....but they couldnt find what caused it and everything they tested for 4 days came back Good.

So he just said I could take one a day if I wanted....I just didnt want to run into that crap again.....but I guess I could stop taking it for awhile to see what happens.
Old 10-10-2005 | 10:52 AM
tsxy

but I guess I could stop taking it for awhile to see what happens.
no no no if he tells you to take it b/c of a history of that then by all means continue to take it!

That was why I asked, its not harmful if there is a reason, it thins your blood. But he obviously knows way more than I do and if he recommended it, keep taking it!

I was just saying that b/c some people take things that can have a negative effect. i.e. if you continue to take aspirin for along time you might want to ask him its effects on your stomach. And see if it the benefits of taking it outweigh the risks.. my idiot friend was a bodybuilder and got his hands on insulin to keep his sugar low... you can only imagine what happened... how sad..

I cant really taking any aspirin or ibuprofen b/c I get intestinal bleeding but thats my stomach issues... if I ever want to take anything its acetaminophen.

Cant hurt to ask
Old 10-10-2005 | 11:02 AM

I hear ya on that stphy32.

OUCH...taking insulin to keep sugar low....ouch ouch. Yeah, I always run things past my old coach or my buddy thats a bodybuilder competitor before taking stuff.....
I just always have to remind him that I'm not looking to get freaky gains...hahaha...
At least now I know I can PM ya too...

Heres a pic of my buddy....and I'm definetly not looking to get to this point....just dont have the time to do it anyways..

the pic in your avatar...is that you?

Last edited by RaptorCLS; 10-10-2005 at 11:05 AM.
Old 10-10-2005 | 11:07 AM
04 remembrance

Nothing...the only pill I swallow is Citrucel for regularity
Old 10-10-2005 | 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by iamhomin
Nothing...the only pill I swallow is Citrucel for regularity
Old 10-10-2005 | 11:10 AM
tsxy

The pic in my avatar is fitness model, Timea Majorova.. she is retired now though... but she looks nice and lean in that pic... usually she is a little too bulky
Old 10-10-2005 | 11:18 AM
Safety Car

1 Multivitamin

4000mg Flax Seed Oil
4000mg Fish Oil

NLarge
Old 10-10-2005 | 11:52 AM
Suzuka Master

What protein do you take?
I'm addicted to Substance WPI, stuff tastes like kool-aid. Only problem is it's expensive. When i'm feeling poor it's ON 100% whey.
Old 10-11-2005 | 12:25 PM
Drive FAst and Swirve

Cant beat the price on ON 100% Whey...vitamine world usually has the 5lbs jugs for $25...I think thats a hell of a deal and the double chocolate actually tastes pretty good even with water.