Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

Suggestions?

Old 10-13-2008, 03:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suggestions?

I'm 5'7 and I went from 120 - 150 pounds. Im looking to stay here or maybe gain 10 pounds max. I work out 3days a week and sometimes its hard to keep my eating habits consistent enough to sustain my weight. I used to use this stuff http://www.discountanabolics.com/p/CS06 but stopped when I realized it had creatine in it. I am looking for something with a similar calorie count though. I'd just like to hear what some of you use (Especially you skinny guys because you know what I go thru) or can recommend.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:41 PM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
well,

my junior year in college i weighed 145 lbs. during the next couple months i ate close to 5-6000 calories a day. i was going to the gym 2x a day, playing raquetball, basketball, softball and volleyball.

:scratchhead: did i really go to college??

anyway i ate real big meals, excercised like a mofo and......

after 2-3 months i weighed 180-185.

i had kept it up for a while and then the pounds started to come off.

mainly b/c i wasnt as active as in college.

i would say to keep active and continue a good daily menu. I don't want to say diet, but be conscious of what you are eating to a point.

it ain't easy being skinny
Old 10-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Stand For Something

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Protein Shakes - Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey and Casein Protein; Muscle Milk

Gotta make sure you get AT LEAST 150g of protein a day. Rule of thumb is you want 1-1.6 grams of protein for every pound that you weigh, so you do the math. Also you want to eat 4-6 times day, not big meals, but "medium" sized meal. Like a sandwich and a banana would count as a meal. Or protein shake and some oats or something would be a meal.

Why did you stop taking that stuff because of the creatine?
Old 10-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
I have actually used Cytogainer and it worked out pretty well for me. Why did you stop taking it because it has creatine in it? If you are trying to gain 10 lbs of lean mass get some sort of workout routine going. Make sure you lift hard but also let your muscles rest on off days. Eating is important and try to take at LEAST 100g of protein a day.

I lift pretty heavily and i learned that it is hard to stick to a meal plan. I pretty much just eat when i get hungry and have been seeing awesome results. Just make sure you dont eat too much junk.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Off the top of my head I recall a few side effects being associated with creatine. Things like water retention (which I have experienced), and nausea.
Also that rapid burst in energy you get when drinking it can be pretty dangerous. Speaking from personal experience it can have you feeling like you can push your body a little further during your usual workout, which can result in injury because you dont feel that usual build up of lactic acid. That build up would tell you when you've had enough but when your drinking this stuff you sort of feel invincible.
Im not sure If I explained it correctly but just know...that...although there are no long term, scientifically proven, negative effects, no one knows your body better than you do. With that being said, I think I'll stay away
Old 10-16-2008, 11:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dallison
well,

my junior year in college i weighed 145 lbs. during the next couple months i ate close to 5-6000 calories a day. i was going to the gym 2x a day, playing raquetball, basketball, softball and volleyball.

:scratchhead: did i really go to college??

anyway i ate real big meals, excercised like a mofo and......

after 2-3 months i weighed 180-185.

i had kept it up for a while and then the pounds started to come off.

mainly b/c i wasnt as active as in college.

i would say to keep active and continue a good daily menu. I don't want to say diet, but be conscious of what you are eating to a point.

it ain't easy being skinny
aint that the truth lol I am pretty conscious of what I eat. Im not paranoid but I pay attention to calorie, and protein content of every meal. I RARELY eat junk. I just dont have the taste for it anymore. The only time you will see me even near a fast food restaurant is when Im far from home and have no other choice...You must have a very strong stomach. I cant even imagine eating 6000 calories a day. I wouldnt be able to hold it down
Old 10-17-2008, 12:27 AM
¿baCon?

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I love creatine, I'll take it until I die, I work in a laboratory and run LFTs (liver tests) and kidney tests and everything is okay, I also take about 200g of weightgainer a day and each shake is about 800 calories w/ 60 grams of protein, (made with whole milk). and BEEF.. EAT BEEF. BEEEFFFYYY CAKES are where its at.

also do big exercises for weight gain, clean/press, squat/box squat, deadlift etc.