Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

I was discussing fitness and weight loss with a girl last week

Old 05-10-2006, 04:17 PM
is learning to moonwalk i

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
So, what if you said, "You look really good already, but if you want to be more active, you could try lifting some weights or running"? Would a woman still go off the deep end?
Old 05-10-2006, 04:36 PM
That's Racist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ABreece
What Cali said is pretty much what i fucked up - NO MATTER WHAT, you say she's perfect.
That sucks though; what if they keep thinking that they're perfect and keep gaining weight until they're to the point where they're 1000 pounds over weight and endangering their lives.

I don't think that's prefect @ all.
Old 05-10-2006, 04:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Time For Sleeep
That sucks though; what if they keep thinking that they're perfect and keep gaining weight until they're to the point where they're 1000 pounds over weight and endangering their lives.

I don't think that's prefect @ all.

If someone thinks they're perfect when they're 1000 pounds overweight (or even 100, or even 50, or even 25...), then they have more problems than just their weight.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Caliadria
You know, hon, it was an honest mistake. And it's not your fault that she's anorexic. It was a very unfortunate mistake, but she DID tell you she could handle it and thus, she should be able to accept the consequences. She has a disease, which sucks, but you didn't give it to her.

Don't worry too much over it. If she's sitting around agonizing over it, she's not just thinking about you at this point... she's now recalling every comment anyone has ever made to her about her weight and slicing Xs into her forearm for each. You're only one in a long list of slights she has perceived over her lifetime. Trust me.
Actually, i dont' feel too bad about her anymore.

I feel bad that in trying to repair the damage i managed to mess things up between anorexic girl and her friend :uh:
Old 05-10-2006, 08:16 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by SwervinCL
I would love to meet this so called girl that would say "Your lying" when I called her fat.

I even tried the "Ill quit smoking if you lose 10 lbs deal" That didnt even work....She hates that I smoke. I tried to use it to my advantage. Bought her a tredmill and everything...I must say that I bought it because she said she wanted it and would use it....I was cleaning the cobwebs off it last time I was in Texas. (My wife lives in Texas and I live here for the timebeing)
No no no...

If i had told her she was fine, or even too thin, she'd just say i was lying, and that she really was too fat but i wouldn't tell her.

YOu need to work on these things with your wife man. WHat's her deal?
Old 05-10-2006, 08:22 PM
is learning to moonwalk i

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
So what do you do when your woman admits she's overweight? There's no safe way out of that one.

I would love to meet this so called girl that would say "Your lying" when I called her fat.

I even tried the "Ill quit smoking if you lose 10 lbs deal" That didnt even work....She hates that I smoke. I tried to use it to my advantage. Bought her a tredmill and everything...I must say that I bought it because she said she wanted it and would use it....I was cleaning the cobwebs off it last time I was in Texas. (My wife lives in Texas and I live here for the timebeing)
Us, too. We've gotten more exercise out of moving the treadmill than we've had using it.

Last edited by moeronn; 05-10-2006 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:25 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by moeronn
So what do you do when your woman admits she's overweight? There's no safe way out of that one.
Try "Hmm. I didn't notice anything, but if YOU have a problem with the way YOU look, why don't YOU do something about it?"

I tried that once and it didn't work
Old 05-11-2006, 10:35 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

People talk about anorexia like its a bad thing
Old 05-11-2006, 10:48 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts

Some people just can't handle it...
Old 05-11-2006, 10:52 AM
Suzuka Master

This isn't all that "health and fitness" related...
Old 05-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Wasnt me..
Old 05-11-2006, 10:57 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
My wife tells me this story that she knew a friend who, according to her, was amazingly hot. Just beautiful. Every time they went to a party together, all these guys would try to hit on her and say, "You're hot," "I want to fuck you," blah, blah, blah. She said she hated guys at that point. She was obviously smart because she was an engineer.

Then one day some guy comes up to her (not knowing that she's an engineer), seeing all the other guys striking out, and says something like, "I'm not going to come up here and tell you you're beautiful. You know that, I know that. I want totalk to you. What is your major?"

I guess they started talking about engineering, they had a LOT of the same hobbies and interests, and now they are married. My wife said this kid was a class A, certified dork. She said everytime she thinks about it, she wonders what a man like that is doing with a woman so beautiful. The guy mind-fucked her, and that's ultimately how he got into her pants.

Oh, shit. I just realized. WTF am I doing with MY wife?
Old 05-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
No no no...

If i had told her she was fine, or even too thin, she'd just say i was lying, and that she really was too fat but i wouldn't tell her.

YOu need to work on these things with your wife man. WHat's her deal?
"You should love me for me, and not what I look like" Try arguing with that!

I do love her, but its like damn. When we met your were like 120....WTF happened.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:13 AM
Suzuka Master

"You should love me for me, and not what I look like" Try arguing with that!

I do love her, but its like damn. When we met your were like 120....WTF happened.
Who says you can't love her for her, and still want to have an attractive, healthy wife? Why can't she have some respect and appreciation for your desires - if she loves you why can't she put in a little effort to do something that will improve both of your lives?

Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
My wife tells me this story that she knew a friend who, according to her, was amazingly hot. Just beautiful. Every time they went to a party together, all these guys would try to hit on her and say, "You're hot," "I want to fuck you," blah, blah, blah. She said she hated guys at that point. She was obviously smart because she was an engineer.

Then one day some guy comes up to her (not knowing that she's an engineer), seeing all the other guys striking out, and says something like, "I'm not going to come up here and tell you you're beautiful. You know that, I know that. I want totalk to you. What is your major?"

I guess they started talking about engineering, they had a LOT of the same hobbies and interests, and now they are married. My wife said this kid was a class A, certified dork. She said everytime she thinks about it, she wonders what a man like that is doing with a woman so beautiful. The guy mind-fucked her, and that's ultimately how he got into her pants.

Oh, shit. I just realized. WTF am I doing with MY wife?
That frat boy "you're hot" bullshit only works with dumb tramps. Oddly enough, attempting to learn something about a dumb tramp will only drive her away. It's a surprisingly good litmus test.

If you aren't hideous it's possible to talk your way into any girl's pants. You just have to know what to say.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:17 AM
Suzuka Master

Who says you can't love her for her, and still want to have an attractive, healthy wife? Why can't she have some respect and appreciation for your desires - if she loves you why can't she put in a little effort to do something that will improve both of your lives?
You're preaching to the choir.....
Old 05-11-2006, 11:27 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts

That frat boy "you're hot" bullshit only works with dumb tramps. Oddly enough, attempting to learn something about a dumb tramp will only drive her away. It's a surprisingly good litmus test.

If you aren't hideous it's possible to talk your way into any girl's pants. You just have to know what to say.
LOL, I didn't even have to talk. I just had to put on my glasses, and that's all that was needed. My wife thinks I'm HOT in glasses. Me? I don't know why.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Mike97 3.0P
You're preaching to the choir.....
those are ideas for things he can say to her
Old 05-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by Got Rice?
Step 1) Lower confidence
Step 2) Get in panties by convincing her she'd be lucky to sleep with you
That's tight.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:59 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Im telling you man, I have tried EVERYTHING!
Old 05-11-2006, 05:05 PM
Suzuka Master

those are ideas for things he can say to her
I know. I said that because it sounded like he's tried everything, and it looks like I'm right
Old 05-11-2006, 06:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
She wanted my honest opinion on what she should do to make herself look better. I told her she looked fine. She eventually got me to say that if she does anything, she could lose a few pounds.

One of her friends has just informed me that she's anorexic. Apparantly she hasn't eaten since I told her

Shes doing a bad job of being anorexic if she needs to lose a few pounds.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Crazy Sellout
Shes doing a bad job of being anorexic if she needs to lose a few pounds.
That's the weird thing. This girl DID look overweight. I saw her belly hanging over her pants when i first met her!

Her friend claims that you can see her ribs and spine when she's in a bathing suit. I must be crazy.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:12 AM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

That's the weird thing. This girl DID look overweight. I saw her belly hanging over her pants when i first met her!

Her friend claims that you can see her ribs and spine when she's in a bathing suit. I must be crazy.
The ribs and spine thing is gross.... Thats TOO skinny.