Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

CEE Creatine -- better than regular creatine?

Old 09-10-2005 | 04:16 PM
Life's a beach

CEE Creatine -- better than regular creatine?

I've been reading up on creatine, and if used properly, I think it would probably help me. Too many confusing choices, though. My preference would be:

1. No loading period
2. Minimal or no creatine bloat
3. Minimal or no gas buildup
4. Not required to drink like a fish every day. I'd rather not have to get up and go to the restroom constantly while I'm at work, for example.

These would probably be most people's preferences. So what about this new CEE, esterified stuff? Anyone try that? It does sound better than the regular creatine since it seems to meet a lot of the above requirements (although I won't be able to avoid #4 no matter what, it looks like).

Background: I'm starting a workout program with a personal trainer next week, after not going to the gym for too long of a stretch (although, I've stayed fairly active doing outdoors stuff). But I know I'm a little out of shape. My main goals are:

1. Build up stamina, increase general energy level
2. Flatten abs, lose the "gut" (it's not bad, but I want to be flat)
3. Build up the chest and arm muscles
Old 09-10-2005 | 08:25 PM
Dromaeosaurs/Velociraptor

They almost all say "better than regular creatine"....u just have to try and see what works best for your body. I used GNC before...but when I switched to MuscleTech's CellTech Creatine....I noticed the difference right away. I also take Cytosport Muscle Milk which contains some creatine for a post workout shake.

#4 shouldnt be avoided if even you werent taking creatine.....in any workout, training, health reasons alone...you should drink approx half your body weight # in oz...for example...you weight 240lbs, you should drink 120oz minmum.....more if you workout.
Old 09-11-2005 | 07:50 AM
Life's a beach

Yes, but I'm looking for specifics that go beyond the hype on CEE vs. regular creatine. Haven't found much yet. Most of the websites that do have some sort of comparison, also conveniently have CEE for sale. I'm trying to figure out what the practical differences REALLY are, if any. Why I should buy one over the other. I know everyone's bodies are different, but that's true in any situation with any food item, drug or supplement. I'm looking for any information that would give me a comparison of the two products and their effects on "the average body."
Old 09-11-2005 | 06:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Winterwaves
Yes, but I'm looking for specifics that go beyond the hype on CEE vs. regular creatine. Haven't found much yet. Most of the websites that do have some sort of comparison, also conveniently have CEE for sale. I'm trying to figure out what the practical differences REALLY are, if any. Why I should buy one over the other. I know everyone's bodies are different, but that's true in any situation with any food item, drug or supplement. I'm looking for any information that would give me a comparison of the two products and their effects on "the average body."
From people i've talked to that have used both, you get less water retention and don't need a "loading period" for CEE (some claim you don't need to load with creatine monohydrate either, the jury is still out on that).

The effects in the gym should be the same.
Old 09-11-2005 | 07:40 PM

Here are some statements I've found from actual users:

"I have been using CrE2 (creatine ethyl ester) and I have to say that endurance, reccuperation and muscle pump has went off the scale on this supplement. It will be a mainstay in my supplement routine. "

"i agree, i gain water pretty bad when on creatine. i look like the stay puff marshmellow man. i lose all striations, and my shoulers and arms blend into one. but my bench goes up and my recovery time is hella fast. so some inovative products would be nice. but it looks like we are the only two that will bouncing back and forth on this. some that has tried please through in your experience. "

"still taking (switched to CEX and Nitrous yesterday)...my training partner is really starting to notice the hardening effect now, and my friend who had not seen me in over 2 weeks asked if I got on some anavar or 1-test...which is of course a great compliment...I also must say that my appetite is out the roof, so be careful. One strange thing I noticed is that I got 2 mouth ulcers (to my knowledge, these are not fever blisters, cankers, etc..) since I started taking Jacked...they are atarting to go away, so maybe it was from something else. Going back to CEE, I must say that this is the first creatine that really seems like it is pullin water away from the abdomen and into the muscles being currently worked! "
Old 09-11-2005 | 07:42 PM

here is a FAQ sheet

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/cee.html
Old 09-14-2005 | 12:18 PM
Life's a beach

Cool, thanks, this gives me something to go on. Think I'll give CEE a try.
Old 09-24-2005 | 04:45 PM
Go Giants

Im not sure what CEE Creatine, but I went to GNC today to get some Creatine for the first time. Instead, the sales guy sold me something called Five-Tetra (http://www.5-tetra.com). He said it works better then Creatine, but doesn't have the bad effects. He told me to take 4 capsules an hour before workout. So I bought a bottle.

-I asked if I should take 4 before a cardio routine and he said yes, but I am not sure about this.

I haven't opened it yet so I can return it if you experts think it will kill me.

Thanks.
Old 09-25-2005 | 01:57 AM
Life's a beach

I refuse to take anything with Yohimbe or Yohimbine in it. I tried that stuff out of pure curiosity once, and I seriously thought I was going to die. It raised my blood pressure and caused me to have the most miserable jittery sleepness night of my life (this was many hours after I'd taken it). I threw it away. I also don't do really well with caffeine; my stomach doesn't like it.

I'm not an expert at all, but this stuff looks like it's not really an equivalent product to creatine. You normally take creatine after a workout, right? But this stuff you take before a workout. To me that suggests a totally different mechanism in the body.

Also, I never listen to GNC dudes, most of whom don't know much.

By CEE Creatine, I mean esterified stuff like BSN's Cell Mass and Pinnacle's Esterified Creatine.
Old 09-25-2005 | 07:02 AM
Go Giants

Well, Ill try it and see. Thanks.
Old 09-25-2005 | 09:52 AM
Life's a beach

Good luck!
Old 09-25-2005 | 11:45 AM
trill recognize trill

is this shit dangerous in the long run?
Old 09-26-2005 | 09:31 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Whiskers
Im not sure what CEE Creatine, but I went to GNC today to get some Creatine for the first time. Instead, the sales guy sold me something called Five-Tetra (http://www.5-tetra.com). He said it works better then Creatine, but doesn't have the bad effects. He told me to take 4 capsules an hour before workout. So I bought a bottle.

-I asked if I should take 4 before a cardio routine and he said yes, but I am not sure about this.

I haven't opened it yet so I can return it if you experts think it will kill me.

Thanks.
From the looks of it you're going to want more and more sex, hopefully your wife will accommodate you on this. It is supposed to increase your testosterone production, thus my statement. If it is like NO2 it will make you feel like your heart is going to come out of your chest. While I got great results from NO2 last year I would never take it again due to the way my heart felt.

I read that some CEE products require two doses a day, one in the morning, one in the evening, even on non-workout days. The days you workout you're supposed to take them 15-30mins prior to exercise. Also, not to exceed two doses a day, so with anything be sure to read what the manufacturer says, not what the guy at GNC says so you can keep spending money.
Old 09-26-2005 | 10:38 AM
Go Giants

Originally Posted by anothercls
From the looks of it you're going to want more and more sex, hopefully your wife will accommodate you on this. It is supposed to increase your testosterone production, thus my statement. If it is like NO2 it will make you feel like your heart is going to come out of your chest. While I got great results from NO2 last year I would never take it again due to the way my heart felt.

I read that some CEE products require two doses a day, one in the morning, one in the evening, even on non-workout days. The days you workout you're supposed to take them 15-30mins prior to exercise. Also, not to exceed two doses a day, so with anything be sure to read what the manufacturer says, not what the guy at GNC says so you can keep spending money.
Well, I just took 4 of them...Tell my wife and son that I love them.
Old 09-26-2005 | 11:08 AM
Suzuka Master

Have you had a physical since you lost all the weight to ask your doctor if you're in good health from all the years of bad health?
Old 09-26-2005 | 12:39 PM
Go Giants

Im in perfect health according to him...

Have you had a physical since you lost all the weight to ask your doctor if you're in good health from all the years of bad health?

So far I am not impressed with the Five-Tetra. My muscles actually felt more tired then normal and I did feel bloated. Could be a case of the Mondays, so I will give it more time.....
Old 09-26-2005 | 12:50 PM
Suzuka Master

If it is your first day, then you really need to give yourself a week. I am surprised you're not thirsty and drinking a ton of water at this point from the pills.
Old 09-26-2005 | 12:59 PM
Go Giants

If it is your first day, then you really need to give yourself a week. I am surprised you're not thirsty and drinking a ton of water at this point from the pills.
Not too bad yet.
Old 09-26-2005 | 01:10 PM
trill recognize trill

so is this something safe?
Old 09-27-2005 | 12:39 PM
Go Giants

Originally Posted by Whiskers
So far I am not impressed with the Five-Tetra. My muscles actually felt more tired then normal and I did feel bloated. Could be a case of the Mondays, so I will give it more time.....
Today went a lot better, I felt stronger and lifted more and more frequent.
Old 09-27-2005 | 01:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Give yourself another week or two and you'll be very happy with the results. Are you concerned about any weight gain since you've lost so much this year?
Old 09-27-2005 | 02:02 PM
Go Giants

Give yourself another week or two and you'll be very happy with the results. Are you concerned about any weight gain since you've lost so much this year?
Im keeping close tabs on my weight (I actually lost a few since I began weights). I am noticing muscle, so, so far so good.