Sponsored by: DashLynx

2012 TL SH-AWD Tech

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 07:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
2012 TL SH-AWD Tech

Hi everyone,

Well, about 2 months ago I had an opportunity to buy a 2012 TL SH-AWD ELITE (canada) in BWP but decided to hold off and keep my 2009 TSX as I could not see the vehicle as I was several hours from the dealership. Shortly after I made my mind, I started having some remorse and decided that I should call the dealership but it had sold. Then the earthquake and tsunami hit and we all know how bad things became for Acura/Honda and the dealership saw a fairly large portion of its order cut and have corporate Acura decide who will get what. My name was on a list waiting but I had pretty much given up hope .... but today, I got confirmation that a BWP 2012 SH-AWD TECH (I prefer the Tech than the Elite...its not about the money, its just I prefer the 18" wheel than the 19" and don't really need the cooled seats).

I was told the car will arrive within the next two weeks and can't wait to see it in the flesh and finally test drive it. I am not obligated to take it if I decide its not right for me but I can't wait. My TSX is gorgeous (with the aero kit) and is in a condition that no one would believe unless they saw it...never saw a single drop of rain!) I am not overly excited about the back portion of the aero kit on the TL this year but viewd from the side and front, its GORGEOUS! I am sure I could learn to love its a$$ too but will see when I first view the car without the kit. I am curious if the front lip can be aded without the back or it would look unbalanced.

There is no doubt that the price of gas is what is turning me off as my TSX is just amazing on gas and peppy enough for me. Breaking my lease early and getting into this TL with alot more features, bigger car and more power is only 60$ a month more so the cost is no an issue here....I never have any problems changing car but for some reason, just love this TSX...although I am sure I could fall in love again pretty quickly I'll keep you guys informed.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:45 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Ooooooooooh, once you have driven the 2012 TL SH-AWD with Tech, there will not be any turning back....! Just you wait!!! :-)
Old 05-21-2011, 09:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
Not sure about the looks and gas prices...I say keep your TSX...jmho
Old 05-21-2011, 09:43 AM
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 174 Posts
Originally Posted by ostrich
Ooooooooooh, once you have driven the 2012 TL SH-AWD with Tech, there will not be any turning back....! Just you wait!!! :-)
I would agree with that. As far as the aero kit is concerned, if you're not in a hurry you could wait and see if RonJon modifies his newly introduced 4G body kit.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by weather
Hi everyone,

Well, about 2 months ago I had an opportunity to buy a 2012 TL SH-AWD ELITE (canada) in BWP but decided to hold off and keep my 2009 TSX as I could not see the vehicle as I was several hours from the dealership. Shortly after I made my mind, I started having some remorse and decided that I should call the dealership but it had sold. Then the earthquake and tsunami hit and we all know how bad things became for Acura/Honda and the dealership saw a fairly large portion of its order cut and have corporate Acura decide who will get what. My name was on a list waiting but I had pretty much given up hope .... but today, I got confirmation that a BWP 2012 SH-AWD TECH (I prefer the Tech than the Elite...its not about the money, its just I prefer the 18" wheel than the 19" and don't really need the cooled seats).

I was told the car will arrive within the next two weeks and can't wait to see it in the flesh and finally test drive it. I am not obligated to take it if I decide its not right for me but I can't wait. My TSX is gorgeous (with the aero kit) and is in a condition that no one would believe unless they saw it...never saw a single drop of rain!) I am not overly excited about the back portion of the aero kit on the TL this year but viewd from the side and front, its GORGEOUS! I am sure I could learn to love its a$$ too but will see when I first view the car without the kit. I am curious if the front lip can be aded without the back or it would look unbalanced.

There is no doubt that the price of gas is what is turning me off as my TSX is just amazing on gas and peppy enough for me. Breaking my lease early and getting into this TL with alot more features, bigger car and more power is only 60$ a month more so the cost is no an issue here....I never have any problems changing car but for some reason, just love this TSX...although I am sure I could fall in love again pretty quickly I'll keep you guys informed.
We have both, and you have to love both for different reasons. But the TL just has a lot more of everything. It is a pleasure to drive.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Originally Posted by Treblig
I would agree with that. As far as the aero kit is concerned, if you're not in a hurry you could wait and see if RonJon modifies his newly introduced 4G body kit.
Well, living in CAnada does make it harder for us to get the RonJon kit and to be honest, I much prefer dealing with OEM equipment. Never been a huge fan of his wheels and although his new kit seem pretty decent, I like to get my stuff installed straight from the dealership...No offence RonJon...

I do love my TSX but for the small difference in price, I do seem to be getting alot of extra goodies so its hard to say no! In addition, unlike most dealer who just seem to take advantage of the Japan crisis to justify charging full MSRP (or even more), my dealer is willing to shave over 2000$ of MSRP despite knowing that his inventory is much less than usual. Its great to see people that are reasonable and prefer looking after their customer than the bottom line. They still make a profit and would not expect otherwise, we all have bills to pay and need some income, its the gouging I hate like another dealer closer to where I live who was aking over 90$ more a month than what my dealer is asking...over 48 months, that is almost 4500$!

Anyway, I will keep you guys informed once I see the car and make my decision to go or not to go....

Old 05-21-2011, 06:29 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
only 60 per month?wow thATS great!!! it cost me 150 more monhtly to be in TL tech ( not even awd)