How to fully replace or cleanse upper air duct system?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 01:40 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to fully replace or cleanse upper air duct system?

Hey guys, I’m currently at a loss of faith in the courtesy of humanity. I came out to my car to find that some f***stick decided my car was the absolute prime spot to ash a cigarette. Once I started the car I had an immediate and non-degenerative odor, that very distinct cancer-stick scent blowing through my climate control ducts. After checking the soles of my shoes and doing a walk around of the car I came to find a freshly ashed cigarette butt in the passenger corner between my windshield and hood. It had burned a hole through the plastic shield and penetrated my car with the putrid smell of tar, rat poison and 100+ chemicles. Not to mention the newly acquired whistle when the fan speed is on 4+. After running the climate control and completely vacuuming out my vents and the top corner of my engine bay, I still cannot shed that disgusting smell and was wondering if there were any suggestions, from using the classic “can of air” to full on replacing my duct system. Please somebody help me rid my perfect car of this nasty smell, and if anyone knows the part number to the air duct system you’d be a life saver.
Passenger side debris/water catch tray between wipers/windscreen and hood
Old 02-08-2019, 07:46 PM
Intermediate

Walmart sells Armor All Fresh FX. It's an air duct deodorizer. Its in a can and you spray it from the outside. I think you can also spray it into the vents.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:47 AM
10th Gear

Have you tried replacing the cabin air filter? It's located behind the glove box.