Automatic Lowering Windows and Opening Sunroof?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 05:54 PM
2008 Acura TSX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb Automatic Lowering Windows and Opening Sunroof?

I tried my best and used the search feature, not very successful. I actually thought about trading my car in for a Honda Accord Coupe, but reality saved me and I love my car even more after test driving the coupe. One feature the salesman bragged about (which was not a good selling point lol), was the fact that when you held down the unlock key on the remote, all the windows open including the sunroof. Has anyone attempted a mod like this or have any information?
Old 05-27-2011, 05:30 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
did you try it on your tsx-The windows open when I push on the unlock key on the remote of my 06 tsx-not the sunroof. On my mom's 08 honda accord it does open.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:45 AM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Holding the unlock on the key remote opens all my '08 TSX windows. Same as on my '05 Accord. Sunroof is a more recent feature. Comes in handy if the car's been sitting in the sun on a hot day.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
The windows are already a standard feature. The sunroof only works for the 2G (if I recall correctly).

If you want to add the feature, you can buy a module from kptechnologies.com. They also sell other modules such as letting you roll up your windows with your remote, tilting the side view mirror when you're in reverse, and one-touch sunroof (hit the button and it'll open or close it all the way, rather than having to hold the button down).

Years ago, we used to have group buys for those modules, so I'm sure people can chime in on how they like it. (I never got them because I didn't want to modify a brand new car under warranty.)
Old 05-27-2011, 04:09 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just for clarification (it sounds like you haven't found the feature yet)... you need to press the Unlock button on the remote twice - hold it down the second time and don't let go until the windows have lowered down to where you want them.

You can also do this by turning the key twice (holding the second time) in the driver's door key cylinder (turn the key in the "unlock" direction both times).

Fastest way to get all four windows back up is to do the key in the door trick, except by locking twice.

This only works with the windows, no sunroof.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:27 AM
2008 Acura TSX

Originally Posted by DLTSX6MT
just for clarification (it sounds like you haven't found the feature yet)... you need to press the Unlock button on the remote twice - hold it down the second time and don't let go until the windows have lowered down to where you want them.

You can also do this by turning the key twice (holding the second time) in the driver's door key cylinder (turn the key in the "unlock" direction both times).

Fastest way to get all four windows back up is to do the key in the door trick, except by locking twice.

This only works with the windows, no sunroof.
Yeah I know about holding down the unlock button to lower the windows, just wanted to know if anyone had a mod for the sunroof.

Oh well... thanks for the replies everyone
Old 05-28-2011, 07:29 AM
2008 Acura TSX

Originally Posted by SoCaliTrojan
The windows are already a standard feature. The sunroof only works for the 2G (if I recall correctly).

If you want to add the feature, you can buy a module from kptechnologies.com. They also sell other modules such as letting you roll up your windows with your remote, tilting the side view mirror when you're in reverse, and one-touch sunroof (hit the button and it'll open or close it all the way, rather than having to hold the button down).

Years ago, we used to have group buys for those modules, so I'm sure people can chime in on how they like it. (I never got them because I didn't want to modify a brand new car under warranty.)
Thanks SoCaliTrojan, but I wanted to do it from my remote

Last edited by HondaAcura83; 05-28-2011 at 07:30 AM. Reason: More Information
Old 05-29-2011, 02:15 PM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by HondaAcura83
Thanks SoCaliTrojan, but I wanted to do it from my remote
Like I said, you cannot do the sunroof from your remote unless you install the module that gives your remote that functionality. Unless you're an electronic engineer that wants to reinvent the wheel, you might as well buy the module that has been researched and developed.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by SoCaliTrojan

Hey guys

I actually have that module still in my toolbox. Never installed it. So if the OP is interested, I'd consider selling...
Old 07-04-2011, 09:46 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My fiance has a 2006 TSX and can roll down both windows and sunroof and no module was added. I pretty sure this comes base.