Help With New Pioneer speakers

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 05:55 PM
Str8 Rida

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Help With New Pioneer speakers

1st long time no post.. but I still stop by here and there to see whats up. How's everyone been?

Now I just bought some 6x5's (for the front) and 6x9's (for the back) just wanted to get a lil help installing these baby's (yes I did a search found a few helpful) but I was wondering if someone had a D.I.Y. that they wanted to help me out with.

Few ?'s ....
How hard is the install?
What extra pieces (if any) do I need to buy i.e. wires etc.?
and all other info u can help me with.

Kamlung u should be very helpful with this u've seen my car and you're quik with installations. Thanx Much!

p.s. Im going to try to get this done this weekend.
p.p.s. Not that good with car stuff but I follow directions well, I recently hooked up my ipod to my aftermarket radio from a D.I.Y. as long as the directions are put in "dummy terms" lol.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:10 AM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ok you might have to go to any electronics store, circuit city or best buy, to get a plug adaptor. If you bought the speakers from crutchfield or bought it used then there should be some sort of plug where you can plug it in and you're ready to rock-n-roll.

6x9: crawl into your trunk and lay face up. There should be 4 bolts that old the grill down. Unbolt those and your grill should come right off. Then get inside of your back seat and you should see 4 screws holding the 6x9s down. unbolt those and you should be able to put in your pioneer's 6x9. (If the new 6x9s are 2way or 3 way, you may not be able to put back on your stock grill b/c the tweeters protrude too far upward and leaving them exposed may look a bit ghetto.)

6.5: unbolt the screws in the handle bar area (there is a plastic flap that hides the screw) and in the area where you place your fingers in to close the door. then use your fingers or a screw driver to pop off the door panels...starting from the bottom up. don't be afraid to pop off the clipons. Once those are all off, it should still be attatched only at the top along the window area. Then push upwards to take the whole panel off but there are 2 plugs that is holding it in place! One plug is the light bulb and the other is the window control. Undo those clips and your 6.5" should be exposed with 4 screws holding it in.

(On a side note, if you have subs, you really don't need 6x9s unless you want to impress people who sit in the back seat and want to kill their ears )
Old 11-25-2006, 07:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
hey eric... mark pretty much got everything covered in the post above... but if u still feel uncomfortable, i can help u install.. im back in NJ...
Old 11-25-2006, 09:45 PM
Str8 Rida

Thanx man that help'd alot (and saved me money) was really easy...well ez'er than I thought, the only bad part was lying in the trunk .
They are in, everything looks good (u were right wasn't able to put the grills back on but didnt matter anyway. They sound better than the stock and now I think I want a sub.. though I said I wasnt going to get one but its kinda addictive now.

thanx again.
Kam, how long are u going to be here? I needed a lil help on my parking lights and turn signals (juz a few minor mods) maybe when you're free I can come by or vice versa.. pm me when u get a chance
Old 11-26-2006, 05:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
i moved back permanently... make sure u get them in before it starts getting really cold..
Old 11-27-2006, 08:22 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is an idea:

I changed the 6x9s in my 98 TL and the tweeters protruded too far so my grille would not go back on. I did not want the speakers exposed for fear they might get stolen. What I did was I used velcro to hold the speaker grilles down. Works great!!!
Old 11-29-2006, 08:17 AM
Instructor

i bought the same speakers and they wer every easy to instal in my 97 tl...all u need is the plug adaptors and those shoudl have came with the speakers. it took me about an hour to install all four speakers
Old 11-30-2006, 05:34 PM
Str8 Rida

Originally Posted by dreamweaver883
i bought the same speakers and they wer every easy to instal in my 97 tl...all u need is the plug adaptors and those shoudl have came with the speakers. it took me about an hour to install all four speakers
^ yea it was about that time
Old 12-01-2006, 02:35 PM
Htown slab rider

i just stripped the wires and hooked it up like that, but there will be a problem when bolting everything down, overall outcome....superb sound