Nobody seems to be modifying their TLXs, this forum has little activity...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 01:23 AM
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
I am NOBODY! NOBODY has mod'd his TLX a little
Where are the pics
Old 07-01-2015, 06:18 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by sincitytsx
Where are the pics
Here ya go
The following users liked this post:
neuronbob (07-06-2015)
Old 07-01-2015, 07:47 AM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I just got the trunk spoiler, any video or instructions to DIY installation? Also, any news from aftermarket parts on the making? I will like to see cheaper fogs!
Old 07-01-2015, 12:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts
Well I did change the default blue background to green.
Old 07-01-2015, 01:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
If we take out things like wheels, tints, etc, what mods are all these other guys on other forums doing that exist for the TLX? That's a vast majority on the other forums for other makes as well.

As of right now, besides cosmetics, there are no suspension systems; only springs. We have downpipes, but its not yet paired with an exhaust that is going muffle the drone that will be produced. There are no sway bars, tunes, intakes (that work), brakes, or anything out there for the car yet. Not to mention that not all of these mods (i.e. loud exhuasts) would fit the TLX all that well. It's all subjective though.

P.S. My new wheels are in the garage (Black Opal Konig Oversteers). When I get back from vaca, I'll be ordering some 19" PSS tires. That will be my solution for the lack of a spare tire with a big boost in handling which I am looking forward to.

Last edited by Mr Hyde; 07-01-2015 at 01:21 PM.
Hoosier_TLX (07-03-2015)
Old 07-01-2015, 04:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Mr Hyde
If we take out things like wheels, tints, etc, what mods are all these other guys on other forums doing that exist for the TLX? That's a vast majority on the other forums for other makes as well.

As of right now, besides cosmetics, there are no suspension systems; only springs. We have downpipes, but its not yet paired with an exhaust that is going muffle the drone that will be produced. There are no sway bars, tunes, intakes (that work), brakes, or anything out there for the car yet. Not to mention that not all of these mods (i.e. loud exhuasts) would fit the TLX all that well. It's all subjective though.

P.S. My new wheels are in the garage (Black Opal Konig Oversteers). When I get back from vaca, I'll be ordering some 19" PSS tires. That will be my solution for the lack of a spare tire with a big boost in handling which I am looking forward to.
Get those sticky tires on there so you slingshot through the corners.. SH-AWD FTW!
Hoosier_TLX (07-03-2015)
Old 07-02-2015, 12:43 PM
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

My Build Thread

https://acurazine.com/forums/photogr...wheels-921008/

Current Mods I'm working on
https://acurazine.com/forums/photogr...ectors-931974/

The car has been out for a year and there are like 2 posts with aftermarket wheels, one was a dealership that put them on a car they were selling.

When you are a member of a BMW, Lexus or Audi site those enthusiasts get to work quick. I think it is because the new TLX attracts a different, more conservative crowd. But the car definitely needs some help from OEM Like nice spoked concave wheels and lowered a smidge. Also remove those terrible chrom reflectors on the rear bumper or paint them, but they are aweful

I am buying one in about 3 months when the release the 2016s, I sure hope the make a type S or A spec.
The following 3 users liked this post by civichbdx:
silverTL6 (07-04-2015), Stew4HD (07-02-2015), tlxsteve (07-04-2015)
Old 07-02-2015, 11:10 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by civichbdx
Looking pretty good. What are the size and offsets of those wheels? What size tires. I do like the look of your setup, but I would want maybe 1 size wider tire front and rear. Do you think that 1 size bigger would rub, if so I would prefer to get a narrow wheel with a smidge less offset. Thanks man for giving me a reference point, your car is sick. keep it up. and I like those reflectors, but if you are gonna make them get rid of the chrome surrounding, if you made it black it would look way classier, almost like the black trim on the ILX a spec front end how they did those round looking scoops with black surround, that looks great!!!
Old 07-03-2015, 10:49 AM
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 105 Posts
Looking pretty good. What are the size and offsets of those wheels? What size tires. I do like the look of your setup, but I would want maybe 1 size wider tire front and rear. Do you think that 1 size bigger would rub, if so I would prefer to get a narrow wheel with a smidge less offset. Thanks man for giving me a reference point, your car is sick. keep it up. and I like those reflectors, but if you are gonna make them get rid of the chrome surrounding, if you made it black it would look way classier, almost like the black trim on the ILX a spec front end how they did those round looking scoops with black surround, that looks great!!!
I'm not too sure you want to go too wide with the tires because they will possibly rub and depending on the offset they will stick way out from the body kit. I was %95 sure I was going with 20" wheels, but I decided (with some polling from co-workers) that 19" would look fine without being too much. I'm considering lowering, but I like the way the car looks now and I'm not sure I want to lower yet. I am also looking at all the options from the vendors on this site as well as Hondata and others but still a very sparse offering.

In my particular color combination, I do like and would keep the chrome surround on the reflector because it (in my opinion) simulates the exhaust tips without all the exhaust gook requiring regular cleaning.

I would love the looks of clear taillights because I have a black CTS and put the aftermarket clears on and it looks so much better IMHO.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:52 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
Get those sticky tires on there so you slingshot through the corners.. SH-AWD FTW!
I love the way my car handles in the twisties with just the addition of Michelin PSS! The ride, handling, and road noise are all surpassing my initial desire for these tires. The wear will be determined at a later date (subject to my driving mannerisms of course).
Old 07-03-2015, 01:53 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Originally Posted by civichbdx
#worldsfirst Fathom Blue 4 cyl TLX tech dropped on 20" Vossen CVT staggered.
:: hahahaha OMG. First cheaper trim TLX to rock wheels we've already seen on every Acura known to man! Super sweet man!
Old 07-03-2015, 02:12 PM
Lone Wolf

Received 498 Likes on 399 Posts
Anyone who buys a TLX is not a car person, plain and simple.

They all will say they are gearheads but none really are.

New Acura vehicles are for people who hate modding cars and think that if a car could be better the car maker would have made it better themselves.

They think any modding is ruining a car and wasting money. Most likely never done an autocross or track day ever.

Nothing surprising here. I bet the things most talked about are paint color, mpg, and issues with how it drives.
The following 2 users liked this post by brian6speed:
fndlair (07-16-2015), MonsterZero (07-05-2015)
Old 07-03-2015, 02:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by brian6speed

New Acura vehicles are for people who hate modding cars and think that if a car could be better the car maker would have made it better themselves.

They think any modding is ruining a car and wasting money. Most likely never done an autocross or track day ever.

Nothing surprising here. I bet the things most talked about are paint color, mpg, and issues with how it drives.
Pretty much agree. Though the same can be said about the ilx. Thr ilx is still based on the civic which is more easily modded. Still nothing like an integra or a 2000 civic but i am glad to find a good list of parts available for my car.

I dont see the same happening for the tlx. We may see a few raced out tlxs but theyll have one off parts from companies noy looking to mass produce.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:32 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont have a tlx yet (plan on getting one this month) but i do plan on do some mods, i have never modded my cars other than cosmetics like tint, change of head lights, HIDS, and visors but i do plan on modding my tlx dropping different rims and etc. I do agree those only a few have modded but i mean its still a new car and i feel like most of the people that get this car are past the whole modding phase ( no diss intended)
Old 07-03-2015, 05:46 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by siGN
I dont have a tlx yet (plan on getting one this month) but i do plan on do some mods, i have never modded my cars other than cosmetics like tint, change of head lights, HIDS, and visors but i do plan on modding my tlx dropping different rims and etc. I do agree those only a few have modded but i mean its still a new car and i feel like most of the people that get this car are past the whole modding phase ( no diss intended)
Well I know there a lot of members on clublexus, bimmerforum, and audiworld, that are in their 50s and 60s. Sometimes a set of $6000 forged wheels and tires, with a set of $4000 ohlins suspension is a VAST improvement over anything a "stock" car can offer. Age is irrelevant for enthusiasts.

Not saying you have to go that expensive to make an improvement, but I was just making a case.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:16 PM
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Ever consider people buying the tlx as a second car aka daily driver? There are different types of "car person."

Last edited by advan031; 07-03-2015 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,600 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Originally Posted by siGN
Not sure what the age brackets are for those into the modifying age are but I expect most of the 1/2 milers & builders I know are outside of what you might define it as.

That said you don't see much modifying here because the car is a poor choice for people who want to modify due to no real manufacturer or vender support network , no race series or national & state clubs. ect.

There is also very little support from the members themselves most of whom posted that the like they car the way it is.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 07-03-2015 at 09:35 PM.
04WDPSeDaN (07-16-2015)
Old 07-04-2015, 02:23 AM
Racer

WOW! So you've personally heard from every TLX owner and read every piece of information about the TLX from every single person who has one? I personally don't like extensive modding, but others probably do and when more products become available they will more than likely upgrade.

Maybe a lot of people like the TLX the way it is and that's fine. Maybe some want to mod the hell out of it and that's fine. Maybe someone owns a less expensive and they mod it and that's fine. Maybe someone owns a lot more expensive car and they mod it......fine again. But to blanket characterize every person with a TLX because they don't post it on a forum is ridiculous.

Oh, and by the way..... I come to this forum for information about MPG, problems and fixes, what tint looks and works best, to view other members color choices and all other things related to the TLX. If they do mod the car, members can use this forum for DIY's and long term updates.

Don't take this comment that I'm angry, I'm not. I'm just amazed at your outright arrogance that you know a person because of the car they drive.
The following 9 users liked this post by Hoosier_TLX:
2011TL (07-04-2015), a35tl (07-04-2015), fndlair (07-16-2015), jiro5 (07-10-2015), ltommylel (07-27-2015), Quandry (07-04-2015), Stew4HD (07-06-2015), tlxsteve (07-04-2015), wlkeel (07-04-2015) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-04-2015, 09:42 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,600 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Think we all have our personal definitions of what a "car person" is & expect they are all correct based on the individuals frame of reference.

In the pre politically correct era I would be from the GO side of the "If it don't go chrome it" house.

In reality the car show angel hair guy was just as much a "car person" as I was. Then there are restorers & collectors another type of completely different "car person".

What I find interesting is how well the restorer/pure replica guys in the Cobra group get along with those of us that are considered resto-mod guys.
04WDPSeDaN (07-16-2015)
Old 07-04-2015, 11:47 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts
I am happy with your assumptions on why I don't pimp my ride.

I am happy I bought a TLX and don't need your label.

The following 2 users liked this post by tlxsteve:
fndlair (07-16-2015), Stew4HD (07-06-2015)
Old 07-04-2015, 12:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by usdmJON
:: hahahaha OMG. First cheaper trim TLX to rock wheels we've already seen on every Acura known to man! Super sweet man!
wow youre such a little arrogant prick for owning POS 2.0 ILX. I dont give rats ass about what kind of JDM wheel you have. Doesnt give you the right to be such an ass. Ill take "cheaper" trim TLX over your POS 2.0 any day. BTW, i generally love work vsxx wheels but your offsets are so weak and with zero concavity it does no justice to that wheel.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:42 PM
3rd Gear

Bought a TLX 2 weeks ago been lurking on these forums for some time, think it's time to chime in. ^.^ Here's a simple mod for Canadian TLXs with power folding mirrors.
Auto Side Rear View Rearview Mirror Folding System Closer KIT Intelligent | eBay
Bought one last week probably come in two weeks, will update once I get it installed.
Cheers
Old 07-05-2015, 01:52 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I don't have an issue with it and think it looks clean, but I think the lack of finished exhaust outlets hurt them with this crowd. It seems petty, but I think some will look over this car because of that. I would rather have the tech and gas mileage than power.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Nexx
wow youre such a little arrogant prick for owning POS 2.0 ILX.
I admit I can be arrogant sometimes. Frankly that has nothing to do with the car I drive. It's my good looks and charming personality that make me arrogant. I cant help these things.

I dont give rats ass about what kind of JDM wheel you have
Really? So did someone else sign on to your account here...

no offense but what are the wheels you are you running?
Because I am pretty damn sure that is you and that is the ONLY reason I PMd you. Do you just post shit then forget what you posted? Because you clearly gave a rats ass about my wheels.

Doesnt give you the right to be such an ass.
When you speak the truth the only people that will be offended are those that live a lie. I dont think my wheels give me a right to do or say anything. Please refrain from thinking you know me. I simply made a comment. I find it hilarious when people claim they are the worlds first something. Especially in the auto industry. I constantly see "worlds first (enter brand new car) on (enter shitty wheels)" or "worlds first lowered (enter brand new car)". So fucking stupid. Gotta get that street cred though! lmao

To me. "Worlds first 4cylinder TLX on Vossens" translates to 4cylinder=lowest trim and vossens=over priced reps. I apologize if I can see through the smoke screen these people are creating when they hype their cars up. That doesnt make me an ass for seeing what is actually there. Which is literally the cheapest TLX on overpriced reps. Maybe cheapest came off negative. I apologize. Does lowest sound better?

Ill take "cheaper" trim TLX over your POS 2.0 any day.
So would I. If the TLX came out 3 years earlier I would have considered it. But I am happy to be in a semingly fully loaded ILX verse a bare TLX. So I cant say Id do it different if given the chance to.

You seem to think I am calling the TLX cheap in general. I am not. Even the lowest trim BMW is the "cheapest" BMW of that segment. Not to say the BMW is cheap at all; it is simply cheaper than others. So please, breathe. You can sleep well tonight knowing I dont think the TLX is cheap. Only that the 4cylinder is cheaper than the V6.

BTW, i generally love work vsxx wheels but your offsets are so weak and with zero concavity it does no justice to that wheel.
I dont own VSXX. I own VSMX. Different. VSXX are still in production. My VSMX are discontinued and much harder to come by.

I am curious where you have seen a concave VSXX because that frankly doesnt exist. But you are completely right. A non existent wheel is way cooler than my VSMX. Totally wish I had those unicorn wheels you speak of.

And LMAO at your attempt to be an arrogant prick like myself. I know my offset is weak you clown. Thats how I got them so cheap... uh oh. I said cheap again. Please dont freak out.

I havent changed the offset yet. I bought them as is. It is literally impossible to choose an offset when you purchase as these wheels have been discontinued for over a decade. But, you can rest assure again because at any point in time I can rebarrel these wheels and have an offset that would make you second guess your sexuality. I am thinking next year this will happen.

Try again homie.

Last edited by usdmJON; 07-05-2015 at 08:34 PM.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Anyone who buys a TLX is not a car person..................They think any modding is ruining a car and wasting money. Most likely never done an autocross or track day ever.........Nothing surprising here. I bet the things most talked about are paint color, mpg, and issues with how it drives.
Really from the owner of a FWD CL?? LOL. How could you not choke on the irony just typing that?

See above. The cheaper trim TLX sits where compared to an older ILX??
The following 2 users liked this post by Mr Hyde:
MTD (07-07-2015), Stew4HD (07-06-2015)
Old 07-05-2015, 10:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally Posted by Macau Park
I don't have an issue with it and think it looks clean, but I think the lack of finished exhaust outlets hurt them with this crowd. It seems petty, but I think some will look over this car because of that. I would rather have the tech and gas mileage than power.
It just shows how people are different. Like me, i don't care about gas mileage or the tech, gimme me horsepower, handling, brakes....;
Old 07-05-2015, 10:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Really from the owner of a FWD CL?? LOL. How could you not choke on the irony just typing that?

See above. The cheaper trim TLX sits where compared to an older ILX??

While I wouldnt claim the buyers of the TLX arent car guys like brian said; it is clear you missed both our points.

Brian's claiming that the only thing TLX guys talk about is MPG and paint color is in no way ironic because of the car he drives. In fact, most people with older Acuras really dislike the new line up. So his comment is in no way ironic. It is actually expected.

As for my comment. Youre an idiot. I said "first cheaper trim TLX". I didnt say the TLX was cheap. I said the trim he chose to mod is the cheapest trim level for the TLX. This is fact. Sorry bro. Facts can be tough to accept sometimes.
Old 07-06-2015, 06:36 AM
Suzuka Master

Anyone who buys a TLX is not a car person, plain and simple. What constitutes a car person in your mind? Audi, BMW, Challenger? What is the threshold?

They all will say they are gearheads but none really are. All will say we are gearheads? Are you a gearhead? A gearhead is: A person who is into all things motorized. This can be cars, motorcycles, machines, planes, or boats, but specifically relating to the engine and power delivery. Knowing how to weld and machine metal are also traits of a gearhead.

New Acura vehicles are for people who hate modding cars and think that if a car could be better the car maker would have made it better themselves. What car should we buy if we like to mod? I am dying to know so that I can make you happy with my next purchase!

They think any modding is ruining a car and wasting money. Most likely never done an autocross or track day ever. Does it make us less of a car lover if we don't track out cars? I am wondering who has said we ruin our cars by modding? OHHH, you mean making a ricer with buzz-bomb exhausts! Silly me

Nothing surprising here. I bet the things most talked about are paint color, mpg, and issues with how it drives. Time for you to get to reading up on what is talked about here
How old are you? 18? 19?
a35tl (07-06-2015)
Old 07-06-2015, 08:04 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,211 Posts
Let's stop with the personal attacks and name calling. Consider this a warning.
The following 6 users liked this post by ggesq:
04WDPSeDaN (07-15-2015), BEAR-AvHistory (07-06-2015), dj5 (07-07-2015), jiro5 (07-10-2015), ultrapogi (08-16-2015), usdmJON (07-06-2015) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-06-2015, 08:14 AM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,245 Likes on 1,031 Posts
Old 07-06-2015, 12:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
I admit I can be arrogant sometimes. Frankly that has nothing to do with the car I drive. It's my good looks and charming personality that make me arrogant. I cant help these things.

Really? So did someone else sign on to your account here...

Because I am pretty damn sure that is you and that is the ONLY reason I PMd you. Do you just post shit then forget what you posted? Because you clearly gave a rats ass about my wheels.

When you speak the truth the only people that will be offended are those that live a lie. I dont think my wheels give me a right to do or say anything. Please refrain from thinking you know me. I simply made a comment. I find it hilarious when people claim they are the worlds first something. Especially in the auto industry. I constantly see "worlds first (enter brand new car) on (enter shitty wheels)" or "worlds first lowered (enter brand new car)". So fucking stupid. Gotta get that street cred though! lmao

To me. "Worlds first 4cylinder TLX on Vossens" translates to 4cylinder=lowest trim and vossens=over priced reps. I apologize if I can see through the smoke screen these people are creating when they hype their cars up. That doesnt make me an ass for seeing what is actually there. Which is literally the cheapest TLX on overpriced reps. Maybe cheapest came off negative. I apologize. Does lowest sound better?

So would I. If the TLX came out 3 years earlier I would have considered it. But I am happy to be in a semingly fully loaded ILX verse a bare TLX. So I cant say Id do it different if given the chance to.

You seem to think I am calling the TLX cheap in general. I am not. Even the lowest trim BMW is the "cheapest" BMW of that segment. Not to say the BMW is cheap at all; it is simply cheaper than others. So please, breathe. You can sleep well tonight knowing I dont think the TLX is cheap. Only that the 4cylinder is cheaper than the V6.

I dont own VSXX. I own VSMX. Different. VSXX are still in production. My VSMX are discontinued and much harder to come by.

I am curious where you have seen a concave VSXX because that frankly doesnt exist. But you are completely right. A non existent wheel is way cooler than my VSMX. Totally wish I had those unicorn wheels you speak of.

And LMAO at your attempt to be an arrogant prick like myself. I know my offset is weak you clown. Thats how I got them so cheap... uh oh. I said cheap again. Please dont freak out.

I havent changed the offset yet. I bought them as is. It is literally impossible to choose an offset when you purchase as these wheels have been discontinued for over a decade. But, you can rest assure again because at any point in time I can rebarrel these wheels and have an offset that would make you second guess your sexuality. I am thinking next year this will happen.

Try again homie.
sorry your VSXM's look like crap to me. i would never buy a wheel for the name if the fitment was horrible and wheel generally didnt look good. and you bought them because they were cheap? thats a horrible reason to buy a wheel. then you have the nerve to dig on people who buy wheels that will be perfectly safe, have good fitment and look solid on the car? that just screams arrogance. here are few more pics of the vossens that you hate so much.

Name:  20150706_123837.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  237.7 KB

Name:  20150706_123803.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  234.2 KB

Last edited by Nexx; 07-06-2015 at 12:44 PM.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:38 PM
Senior Moderator

While I wouldnt claim the buyers of the TLX arent car guys like brian said; it is clear you missed both our points.

Brian's claiming that the only thing TLX guys talk about is MPG and paint color is in no way ironic because of the car he drives. In fact, most people with older Acuras really dislike the new line up. So his comment is in no way ironic. It is actually expected.

As for my comment. Youre an idiot. I said "first cheaper trim TLX". I didnt say the TLX was cheap. I said the trim he chose to mod is the cheapest trim level for the TLX. This is fact. Sorry bro. Facts can be tough to accept sometimes.
LOL. What a genius..

You know how the quote feature works, and read what was in the little box right?

He criticized TLX guys as not being car guys. You'd think he owned an S2000, or NSX, but no, he drives a heavy, FWD, torque steering, entry level lux vehicle. Hardly the vehicle you would imagine being owned by someone who criticizes others for not being car guys, or talks about auto cross events.

As far as being an idiot, you point out that he chose the cheapest trim TLX as if that's some kind of negative. That cheapest trim TLX still costs more than your ride, so what should we infer about your ride, and any critiques you may have? Would you like me to draw you a picture to help you comprehend that...........Fact?

Funny to see how the pics showing Vossen's VIA/JWL stamps did nothing to cool your hard-on for them. That crow must have tasted real sour.

P.S. I had previous gen ILX Tech loaners, and 4 cylinder TLX loaners. I'll take the TLX loaner 7 days a week, and twice on Sunday for superiority in pretty much every category.

Last edited by Mr Hyde; 07-06-2015 at 02:22 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mr Hyde:
Stew4HD (07-06-2015), ultrapogi (08-16-2015)
Old 07-06-2015, 04:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,617 Likes on 2,195 Posts
Sigh. This thread had such potential....

...people who buy TLXs aren't "car people"? I guess I'm even less of a car guy since I have an RLX, I guess it doesn't count that I own two of the coolest cars of all time.

....no mods for a brand new model that's not even a year old? Well, OP, be the pioneer. That's how modding always starts with any model, someone has to be first. I've done some of that on these forums in years past, and with my first CTS-V some years ago. Now it's your turn. Go mod that sucker out when you get yours! Make sure you post pics or we'll ban ya!
The following 2 users liked this post by neuronbob:
Mr Hyde (07-06-2015), Warrior 6 (07-18-2015)
Old 07-06-2015, 11:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ggesq
Let's stop with the personal attacks and name calling. Consider this a warning.
My apologies.
I was shocked someone would ask me about my wheels then snap and say they dont care about my wheels when I acknowledge their curiosity.

sorry your VSXM's look like crap to me. i would never buy a wheel for the name if the fitment was horrible and wheel generally didnt look good.
Dude, first. It's VSMX.

Second. I didnt buy them for the name. The VSMX has literally been one of my most sought after wheels. Only wheels I like more are the Weds Borphes and SSR Professors/SP1/Work Meisters. And I bought them knowing I would rebuild them. Are you new? Are you even reading what youre responding to? That is the glory of splitrims homie. I can rebuild them whenever I want and sell them for twice what I paid EASY. LMAO You cant even resell Vossens for half retail.

The VSMX was the predecessor to the VSXX and was a huge hit for Work and without their popularity they may have never designed the VSXX in the first place. You can hate them. But a lot of people do not agree with you.

You tried to claim you didnt like my wheels because they aren't concave, then claim you like the VSXX. But no VSXX ever has been concave. So I challenge you to tell me the difference between the two and why you dont like the VSMX.

and you bought them because they were cheap? thats a horrible reason to buy a wheel.
Oh god it's so hard not to name call and challenge your intelligence again.

I said I got them cheap because they were a low offset. Not that I bought them because they were cheap. God damn dude. I bought these wheels because I love them. I got them cheap because they were an undesirable offset/width. The width is more than enough for an acura/honda but doesnt fit in the stance/VIP scene. Your claim at saying they are a horrible fitment is again just an opinion and a poor one at that. They are half an inch wider than stock and one inch larger. They are frankly PERFECT for most acuras/hondas not trying to over do it with stance.

then you have the nerve to dig on people who buy wheels that will be perfectly safe, have good fitment and look solid on the car? that just screams arrogance. here are few more pics of the vossens that you hate so much.
I already said I can be very arrogant at times. Not telling me anything I havent heard before. My point was that what he was bragging about was nothing special. I would have said NOTHING to him had he not been arrogant himself in the first place by calling home about something that wasnt worth bragging about. My ILX is the first to be many things but the point is I know none of it means shit and thats what I was telling the dude with the 4 banger on Vossens. No one cares he did it first.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:36 PM
Suzuka Master

LOL. What a genius..

You know how the quote feature works, and read what was in the little box right?

He criticized TLX guys as not being car guys. You'd think he owned an S2000, or NSX, but no, he drives a heavy, FWD, torque steering, entry level lux vehicle. Hardly the vehicle you would imagine being owned by someone who criticizes others for not being car guys, or talks about auto cross events.
I guess you didnt get my point. Most of the older acura owners dislike anything acura has recently put out. I am not saying Brian is right. Hell. I think he is wrong. But what I am saying is your calling out the car he drives has NOTHING to do with his claim. In fact, your argument is a fallacy by suggesting an answer simply based on the origin of the opposing view point. Just because an owner of a car you dont consider to be a "car persons car" doesnt mean they cant spot others who are "non car people."

As far as being an idiot, you point out that he chose the cheapest trim TLX as if that's some kind of negative. That cheapest trim TLX still costs more than your ride, so what should we infer about your ride, and any critiques you may have? Would you like me to draw you a picture to help you comprehend that...........Fact?
While yes it is a fact that my car is cheaper than his that in no way changes the point I am making. Again, genetic fallacy. Look it up. You cant say I dont know what a cheap car is just because you think my car is cheap. YES my car is cheaper than his. You dont see me sitting here bragging about my car being the worlds first anything though do you? If I was sitting here claiming my ILX was the worlds first ILX on work wheels Id expect a TL owner on work wheels to respond "so? Big deal." Frankly that is all Im doing. Saying big damn deal that he was the first LOWEST TRIM LEVEL TLX on Vossen wheels. Does lowest trim level sound better than cheapest? Cause thats all I meant.

Funny to see how the pics showing Vossen's VIA/JWL stamps did nothing to cool your hard-on for them. That crow must have tasted real sour.

P.S. I had previous gen ILX Tech loaners, and 4 cylinder TLX loaners. I'll take the TLX loaner 7 days a week, and twice on Sunday for superiority in pretty much every category.
Just because a wheel is certified safe doesnt suddenly mean I have to like to or be okay with the prices they charge people for a wheel no better than Konig or even a company like OEwheelsLLC which make cheap safe OEM replicas. Vossen wheels sell for twice what they are worth. No one knows how much their wheels are worth until they attempt to resell them. Vossens, and companies like them, are insanely hard to resell unless you drop under $1000. Believe me I know people currently trying to sell Vossens in all colors, models, and specs. Then you look at companies like BBS or Work that sell for nearly the same price but hold their value nearly twice as high as Vossens do.

P.S. I agree with you there. I love how people are trying to claim I am wrong by simply calling out the car I drive. That changes NOTHING. I could ride a bicycle everyday and my claims about the 4banger TLX being the cheaper of the TLX trim levels would still be a fact.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:37 AM
10th Gear

I just like the TLX the way it is. All I have done so far are some tints. Car does not need a lot done to them. I wanted a low profile car that is good on gas. If you are looking for something more mod heavy, I would look into an Infiniti. They are around the same price, and a huge tuning market. I just came from a g35x sedan.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:36 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Here's my honest opinion on the issue at hand.

It's a personal preference on if the vehicle stays stock or gets modified in some way. Modifications could vary based on many variables. Money, aftermarket support, vendor support ect. Most people today, modify based on best bang for buck over quality stuff. XXR wheels are "Just as good" as reputable wheel companies. Plasti-dip is better than quality paint job. For a prime example, my wife owns the newest generation Optima. Has done tasteful modifications at a cost vs what most of the current owners do which is chrome stick on trims, stickers galore, dipped stock wheels ect. Doesn't bother me, it's their vehicle, they do what they please.

Most people don't want to modify their vehicles because they like the car the way it is, and or worried that the value of the car will drop and make it harder to sell since the general market isn't looking for a modified vehicle, even if it's done very tasteful. Another thing is, generally speaking, people that purchase a vehicle like an S4, M3 , WRX.. ect will most likely not keep it stock. There's a lot more aftermarket support and tunes available. They are better platform vehicles to see the benefits of modifications, vs the TLX where there's isn't much of anything going on aftermarket wise. It's awesome to see someone do something different other than drive a stock vehicle, makes it different from the rest. But, that however, can be questionable based on what's done. I don't see the TLX crowd doing much to these vehicles for at least a few more years. It was the same way with the 3rd gen TL. As soon as companies offered aftermarket parts, it was game on for many.

Give it some time.
The following 4 users liked this post by 04WDPSeDaN:
fndlair (07-16-2015), justnspace (07-16-2015), TLtrigirl (07-18-2015), Warrior 6 (07-18-2015)
Old 07-16-2015, 12:40 PM
Passer of Gas

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I consider myself a car guy, but I plan on keeping my TLX pretty much stock the only mod I did was tint the windows. The reason why I went with the TLX was because I was so happy with the way the car is, I don't really think it needs anything else.
Besides I feel those little plastic wings and flares that are glued to the outside of the car do nothing to enhance the performance of it, not at the speeds I plan on driving it. And most of the time when I see them added to cars it was done by some amateur and a poor job. I think they make the car look cheap.
And there's also the fact that the car is a lease and it's going back to Acura in a couple years. Why bother?
Old 07-16-2015, 02:43 PM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
imo, there just aren't many things to mod a fwd sporty sedan besides suspension, body kit and lighting. wheels upgrade on a fwd sedan is waste of money imo, you can't get that staggered look of the rwd cars.
Old 07-17-2015, 12:12 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
XXR wheels are "Just as good" as reputable wheel companies.
When you say "just as good", exactly what is it you are referring to here?

Performance? They tend to be heavier than reputable companies so not "just as good".
Value? They tend to resell for half what people pay so not "just as good".

Quality? Quality is a tough one. Would you rather pay less for something you plan on replacing or more for something you'll keep forever? Because thats what it comes down to. Rotas, Konig, XXR... they run lets say $1000 for all 4. Legit Volks may cost $800 for just 1. Bend an XXR inner lip and you pay $250-300 for an entire new rim. Bend a Volk inner lip and you pay $100-200 to fix it. Which is cheaper now? Keep in mind you can also rebuild a lot of reputable wheels if you want to go wider in the future. XXRs you have to sell them... remember they only sell for half what you paid... then go buy another new set that you know wont sell for more than half again.

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
Plasti-dip is better than quality paint job.
Since when? wtf? Really? Plastidip is shit. Took me 2 sets of wheels and some emblems before I realized PD was new the rice. Use it to get an idea of what you want. But dont consider it as a long term cosmetic change. It looks terrible and feels even worse to touch.

Quick Reply: Nobody seems to be modifying their TLXs, this forum has little activity...