JW. Why would admins close Loccomaans thread???

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 12:48 AM
2007 Type S WDP 5AT

Received 171 Likes on 64 Posts
JW. Why would admins close Loccomaans thread???

So i understand hes selling his car and he posts it on here. But why close his thread???

Hes in Canada and we are a small bunch compared to the US on this forum. He will get more views here in the local section than in the BM. No one from the US will come buy a canadian car.

Sorry if this post is useless, I just get annoyed with things like this.

Hes showing and trying to sell his car to a local member for a good deal. If its not in regional than how will most of the local members see it or even know its for sale???

Just saying, on every other forum I have been on. FS threads are allowed in regional forum sections to promote and allow local hand to hand cash sales. This is the only forum that discourages it. To me thats the best form of sale.

Finally, its not like he actually posted a FS thread. He was asking if any members would be interested in a local sexy ass car. He didnt really mention a price or pics. Just the story of what was going on
The following users liked this post:
Locomaaan (07-24-2012)
Old 07-23-2012, 01:25 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 224 Likes on 148 Posts
I agree 100%
Canadian's should have our own blackmarket section, just as they do on club rsx, makes things more simple.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:53 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
this is where the slight of hand trick comes into play.
his title was so obvious. DUHHHHH

Sales have been going down in the regional sections since the beginning of time.
Just be smart about it.

Because there are rules on acurazine.
one of them being no for sale threads unless in the black market.

stupid rule? maybe.
but you do have to abide by them.

be smart!
Old 07-23-2012, 11:41 PM
"Here Come The Bulls!"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Perhaps this thread will encourage admin to consider a change in the rule for us here in Canada??

The car aside for a moment, shipping costs over the border often discourage any value resulting from a sale/exchange of parts.

I too have been disapointed to see threads locked out for us Canadians. Not a knock against AZ though - still love the site. For all I know, Admin may have good reason to lock out.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:49 PM

^just disguise it lol
Old 07-24-2012, 02:24 PM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Received 398 Likes on 332 Posts
I think it's more organized this way, actually.
Sale threads/posts go tot he blackmarket, where sales are to be made.

It's easier to go to one central part of the forum rather than going specifically to the regional sections. PLUS, you may find yourself a better deal if you scroll through the multiple lists in the BM.

Also, you cannot really hide sale posts in the regionals either. Practically everything is monitored on Azine. Last time someone posted in the spotted thread selling TL parts. The post was taken down. I quoted him, saying he had two ads [on kijiji] of the same item at different prices. Even that got removed.
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (07-24-2012)
Old 07-24-2012, 03:38 PM
2007 Type S WDP 5AT

Each regional section should have their own bm. Its hard to sift through the main BM to decipher who is local and who isnt. You get your hopes up only to find out that the seller of an item is in the USA and doesnt want to ship to Canada.
Not to mention alot of users dont list their locations so it makes it a pita to communicate and sell things.

If its in the regionals for sale well it only means one thing.... Its local
Old 07-24-2012, 03:44 PM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Received 398 Likes on 332 Posts
Originally Posted by wojo1988
Each regional section should have their own bm. Its hard to sift through the main BM to decipher who is local and who isnt. You get your hopes up only to find out that the seller of an item is in the USA and doesnt want to ship to Canada.
Not to mention alot of users dont list their locations so it makes it a pita to communicate and sell things.

If its in the regionals for sale well it only means one thing.... Its local
I understand that. In terms of convenience for the members it's great.
However, in most cases, if you're buying on a forum you should be prepared to pay shipping anyway.

But in terms of forum-monitoring and maintenance it's a lot easier and controlled for the mods/admins and especially the all mighty RON A.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:46 PM
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
^just disguise it lol
why be sneaky? it will look even worse when the admins find out. Thats just my opinion but oh well, im not crying, i just tried to give the local TL guys a headstart thats all.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Received 1,002 Likes on 572 Posts
The following quoted post was posted 29Jun2009 in this thread https://acurazine.com/forums/eastern-canada-323/we-need-gta-blackmarket-section-732554/

Originally Posted by Ron A
I don't mind if you link your BM threads here, or discuss the parts you are selling, but you should only talk about sales here that have already been listed in the Black Market.

You can call it a GTA Black Market Section, but this is a place to discuss items you have already posted in the real Black Market Forum.

We tried a subforum for Canada in the Black Market several years ago at the request of a lot of Canadian members, and it only lasted a couple of days before the same people requested it be deleted and their threads put back in the main forum, so we're not considering another Canadian Black Market subforum.

Absolutely no discussions of selling or trading will be allowed here unless you can provide a link to your Black Market sale.
It is much easier, and better for the members, for me to control Black Market transactions in the Black Market Forums, where I can see what's going on and also exercise some control on newer members posting sales.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:09 PM
Administrator

this is where the slight of hand trick comes into play.
his title was so obvious. DUHHHHH

Sales have been going down in the regional sections since the beginning of time.
Just be smart about it.

Because there are rules on acurazine.
one of them being no for sale threads unless in the black market.

stupid rule? maybe.
but you do have to abide by them.

be smart!
^just disguise it lol
I accept the challenge.

Nice to know I get to watch you make points in other forums besides the car forums.

Side note: Anyone caught employing such subterfuge will be banned from the Black Market for a period of time to be determined by the gravity of the offense.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:45 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 64 Posts
Thats whats up!! tell them ron. lol
Old 09-25-2012, 01:03 AM
2007 Type S WDP 5AT

The following quoted post was posted 29Jun2009 in this thread https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=732554

It is much easier, and better for the members, for me to control Black Market transactions in the Black Market Forums, where I can see what's going on and also exercise some control on newer members posting sales.

I know this is a late reply but if we have a local blackmarket, 100% of the transactions take place in person. So technically the mods wouldnt need to monitor anything since nothing is done online and such. Its all face to face transactions, the same as kijiji pretty much. But in this area we are all after the same thing so it makes it much easier than kijiji.

I think all regional sections should be allowed their each own blackmarket, with a warning that they are not monitored by mods. What do we all have to lose meeting face to face in the city??
Old 09-25-2012, 08:34 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by wojo1988
I know this is a late reply but if we have a local blackmarket, 100% of the transactions take place in person. So technically the mods wouldnt need to monitor anything since nothing is done online and such. Its all face to face transactions, the same as kijiji pretty much. But in this area we are all after the same thing so it makes it much easier than kijiji.

I think all regional sections should be allowed their each own blackmarket, with a warning that they are not monitored by mods. What do we all have to lose meeting face to face in the city??
Face to face sales are fine, but we all know that if non-locals see something they like they will contact the seller directly and, human nature being what it is, there is nothing to stop the seller from shipping.

The same thing happens in the BM where the seller says local sale only but some eventually wind up shipping.

I would also have no control over noobs posting sales when they are not yet authorized to do so, and these might also wind up being shipped with no one checking on who the seller is or if he is reputable.

All Black Market type transactions will still be limited strictly to the Black Market Forums.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:36 AM

I accept the challenge.

Nice to know I get to watch you make points in other forums besides the car forums.

Side note: Anyone caught employing such subterfuge will be banned from the Black Market for a period of time to be determined by the gravity of the offense.