Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Why Tools Are Great (an essay)

Old 02-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Bringing Home The Bacon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why Tools Are Great (an essay)

Why Tools Are Great
by blackglass

So yesterday my gf calls me up and asks me to come over and fix her sink after work. I ask her what's wrong, she says the faucet is leaky. I tell her to call maintenance, that it's their job to fix it, but she says it takes too long and its really bothering her. I still don't want to do it, but playing to my engineering/creative side of the brain, she convinces me its worth my while to fix it. Grabbing my tools, I head over to her place only to find the faucet is actually running a small stream, not just dripping. I ask her how long its been like this. Oh...a week or two, she says. I just shake my head and get down to work. Turn off the water, pull off the cap on the cold water handle, and proceed to STRIP THE SCREW TO HELL. . DAMN SCREW!!!!!! I come to find the thing is so corroded I can chip away a decent part of the head, but it doesn't get me far. At this point I don't have anything to get it out. So I leave it like it is and go out to have beers with some of my buddies and gripe about my failure as a man.

Fast forward to today, I pick up a set of screw extractors and drill the screw, then hammer one of those babies in and torque the screw out. SUCCESS! I grab a cold one while I reverently put away my now favorite tools in the whole world. Of course, at the exact high point of exultation, the woman has the nerve to say "That took long enough". I drop everything I'm holding and turn to her and say: "Ma'am, you owe me for the cost of parts and labor. How do you want to pay?" She gives me a , grabs the package, and says "Do you want everything now or we can work out a daily payment plan w/interest?"

And that's why tools are great. The end.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:20 PM
Race Director

www.literotica.com
Old 02-11-2005, 07:23 PM
Bringing Home The Bacon

Originally Posted by pgatour1
Hahaha. I should actually submit the story to Playboy or Penthouse. Don't they take true stories?
Old 02-11-2005, 08:48 PM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
great story 10/10