Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Why don't girlfriends understand the concept of "I don't want to"? WTF!

Old 01-09-2007 | 01:26 PM
Fuct in the hed!

Why don't girlfriends understand the concept of "I don't want to"? WTF!

My GF was over on Sunday and there is a restaruant that we both like and she said before she goes back to school for her masters, she wants her family and mine to go there. Her family owns a restaurant and banquet hall, so the only time they can go is on a Monday. Sunday night, she tells me that we are going to go a week from yesterday (1-8-07). Then yesterday, she calls at 1pm and says that her family is going for sushi....which I don't eat, so I call my parents abd my mom said to come over for dinner...I say okay...everything is fine.....right??? WRONG! She calls at 2:30pm and says that she wants our families to go to dinner tonight, not next week because she thought she started school in 2 weeks, not 1 My parents say they can't and I told them I was going there so its a no go! WW3 starts...she says I don't sacrafice for her....I don't like her family...BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! then she starts crying....OVER DINNER on a MONDAY!!! Why do I have to go....am I wrong?
Old 01-09-2007 | 02:04 PM
Stewie's Sexy Party!

time....to get a new woman?
Old 01-09-2007 | 02:08 PM
Banned

Not a good sign if she's going off to school in a week.

Start shopping for a new woman because she basically manufactured conflict before leaving so she can use demented female logic to justify putting dongs in her mouth this semester.
Old 01-09-2007 | 02:10 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Pull_T
Not a good sign if she's going off to school in a week.

Start shopping for a new woman because she basically manufactured conflict before leaving so she can use demented female logic to justify putting dongs in her mouth this semester.

Old 01-09-2007 | 02:19 PM
Suzuka Master

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=350837&page=4

Same girl? haha
Old 01-09-2007 | 02:19 PM
dumber than a box of hair

Originally Posted by Nicky Pass
My GF was over on Sunday and there is a restaruant that we both like and she said before she goes back to school for her masters, she wants her family and mine to go there. Her family owns a restaurant and banquet hall, so the only time they can go is on a Monday. Sunday night, she tells me that we are going to go a week from yesterday (1-8-07). Then yesterday, she calls at 1pm and says that her family is going for sushi....which I don't eat, so I call my parents abd my mom said to come over for dinner...I say okay...everything is fine.....right??? WRONG! She calls at 2:30pm and says that she wants our families to go to dinner tonight, not next week because she thought she started school in 2 weeks, not 1 My parents say they can't and I told them I was going there so its a no go! WW3 starts...she says I don't sacrafice for her....I don't like her family...BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! then she starts crying....OVER DINNER on a MONDAY!!! Why do I have to go....am I wrong?
So, let's see if we have this straight: She screwed up the timetable, she changes the plans...but you "don't sacrifice for her" and you "don't like her family." She needs to learn that the entire planet does not revolve around her.
Old 01-09-2007 | 02:23 PM
Just dial 1911

So if I got this straight, you didnt want to go out with her because you were going to eat at your parents??? Is mommas meatballs THAT good?

Pretty lame excuse IMO...
Old 01-09-2007 | 02:59 PM
Instructor

Lol, sorta skim thru the other thread and is this the same girl?

But yea, comeon its one thing to bitch about you not comming over for some sushi that you dont like. Then there is another thing demanding your family change/drop everything what they have planed to fullfill your GF's wishes. Thats is not real. Either have a sit down with her or its time for a trade in.
Old 01-09-2007 | 03:08 PM
Go Giants

Does anyone in this thread actually understand women?
Old 01-09-2007 | 03:13 PM
Not Asian

Originally Posted by Whiskers
We're all male, so no.
Old 01-09-2007 | 03:15 PM
Luckiest Man on Earth.

Originally Posted by SidS1045
So, let's see if we have this straight: She screwed up the timetable, she changes the plans...but you "don't sacrifice for her" and you "don't like her family." She needs to learn that the entire planet does not revolve around her.

F'n
Old 01-09-2007 | 03:25 PM
Banned

I do.

Now knowing how to have them behave how I would want? No.
Old 01-09-2007 | 03:26 PM
Go Giants

I do.

Now knowing how to have them behave how I would want? No.

If you figure it out let me know....
Old 01-09-2007 | 03:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by joerockt
So if I got this straight, you didnt want to go out with her because you were going to eat at your parents??? Is mommas meatballs THAT good?

Pretty lame excuse IMO...
No, she wanted to move the dual family huge dinner up a week on a few hours notice. It's one thing for him to respond and change *his* plans, but to expect him to have everyone on board and for them to all change their plans...that's where she is being unreasonable.
Old 01-09-2007 | 03:28 PM
Go Giants

Just lie and say the parents can't change plans
Old 01-09-2007 | 03:34 PM
Just dial 1911

No, she wanted to move the dual family huge dinner up a week on a few hours notice. It's one thing for him to respond and change *his* plans, but to expect him to have everyone on board and for them to all change their plans...that's where she is being unreasonable.
Yea, but he said his parents couldnt make it, not him. And if im reading it right, his plans were to eat dinner at mommas...Again, not much of an excuse...

Im not defending her screw up, but if that was his best excuse for not being able to show, its pretty weak.
Old 01-09-2007 | 03:35 PM
X spots the mark

she's being very anal about this...
Old 01-09-2007 | 03:35 PM
Benchwarmer

Sounds like you're an insensitive ass. How hard is it to give up one little weeknight so that your families can get to know each other a little more? She let you know ahead of time, it's not like her family called on the way to the restaurant, and her crying is a sign that she cares, which you don't seem to.......ah, shit, I can't keep it going damn, doesn't she know Ohio St/Wisconsin is on HD tonight?
Old 01-09-2007 | 03:36 PM
Arriving Somewhere...

I don't undertstand why you all complain about stuff like this, but you still settle for an illogical, irrational, roller-coaster moody woman. There are lots of even-tempered, logical, cool, open-minded chicks out there. No body or hot face is worth all of that drama, especially if you are in it for the long haul.
Old 01-09-2007 | 03:37 PM
Banned

Yea, but he said his parents couldnt make it, not him. And if im reading it right, his plans were to eat dinner at mommas...Again, not much of an excuse...

Im not defending her screw up, but if that was his best excuse for not being able to show, its pretty weak.
He had plans to eat with his folks and kept his plans. The broad needs to learn that the world does not revolve around her.

I'm never going to speak ill of a man for sitting down to a meal with his parents. The world would be a better place if more kids/teens/young adults made their parents a priority in their lives and did it more often.
Old 01-09-2007 | 03:38 PM
Team Owner

Oh the drama
Old 01-09-2007 | 03:47 PM
Just dial 1911

He had plans to eat with his folks and kept his plans. The broad needs to learn that the world does not revolve around her.
I'm never going to speak ill of a man for sitting down to a meal with his parents. The world would be a better place if more kids/teens/young adults made their parents a priority in their lives and did it more often.
And you know this how? She made a friggin mistake. Jesus, you guys are cynical...
Old 01-09-2007 | 03:48 PM
Go Giants

And you know this how? She made a friggin mistake. Jesus, you guys are cynical...
Im starting to be amazed that people get married....
Old 01-09-2007 | 03:50 PM
Just dial 1911

Im starting to be amazed that people get married....
Or even have friends
Old 01-09-2007 | 03:50 PM
Banned

How do I know this?

1. She called last minute and expected him and his folks to change their plans

2. She got pissed when people didn't respond intstantly how she wanted them to

#2 in particular is the definition of "thinks the world revolves around her"
Old 01-09-2007 | 03:52 PM
is learning to moonwalk i

Yes, she made a mistake - and she should expect everyone (namely Nicky's family) to drop their plans because of her mistake. Sure, he could easily get out of dinner with the family, but where does that leave his family?

BTW, I got confused as to where the dinner is supposed to be? Sushi or the other place?
Old 01-09-2007 | 03:52 PM
Go Giants

We all know that the parents changed the date and not the girl, right.....Girl has to make parents happy.
Old 01-09-2007 | 03:55 PM
Banned

We all know that the parents changed the date and not the girl, right.....Girl has to make parents happy.
Why are you so insistent on giving this broad a free pass?

"says that she wants our families to go to dinner tonight, not next week because she thought she started school in 2 weeks, not 1"
Old 01-09-2007 | 04:04 PM
Go Giants

Why are you so insistent on giving this broad a free pass?

"says that she wants our families to go to dinner tonight, not next week because she thought she started school in 2 weeks, not 1"
Because thats what girls do....Why should we tell Rocky that this girl is no good when they all do the same shit....
Old 01-09-2007 | 04:08 PM

Because thats what girls do....Why should we tell Rocky that this girl is no good when they all do the same shit....
I have no real doubt that he will (have to) end up changing his plans and try to get the parents to, as well. However, she did make the mistake and shouldn't get a completely free walk. Most of the people who posted here would end up doing the same thing, the only difference would be the amount or resistence they would put up before giving in.
Old 01-09-2007 | 04:11 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by moeronn
Yes, she made a mistake - and she should expect everyone (namely Nicky's family) to drop their plans because of her mistake. Sure, he could easily get out of dinner with the family, but where does that leave his family?

BTW, I got confused as to where the dinner is supposed to be? Sushi or the other place?
I can totally understand his parents not being able to make it at the last minute. But I just dont see a reason why he couldnt show up, by himself, with her and her parents.
Old 01-09-2007 | 04:12 PM
Go Giants

Originally Posted by moeronn
I have no real doubt that he will (have to) end up changing his plans and try to get the parents to, as well. However, she did make the mistake and shouldn't get a completely free walk. Most of the people who posted here would end up doing the same thing, the only difference would be the amount or resistence they would put up before giving in.
This is nothing...You get married and it more like, "oh, by the way my parents are coming over today"...or "I forgot to tell you that we are going to dinner with my coworkers tonight".....Men....get used to it.
Old 01-09-2007 | 04:32 PM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

First of all, she went about expressing her disappointment in the wrong way.

Secondly, not only did she put you on the spot, but also your parents. Not good.
Old 01-09-2007 | 04:32 PM
Senior Moderator

She's an attention whore who needs to be put in her place
Old 01-09-2007 | 05:57 PM
lvl 475 nursing.....

as a woman, I find her to be unreasonable and selfish to try and change the plans and expect every one to jump. His parents said they can't, and now he is getting chewed up for it? for 2 families to get along, (or even 2 people) there needs to be cooperation and understanding, not my way (and time) or the highway. She should have asked if the change would be ok with everyone, and when it wasent, accepted that and tried to figure out something else.
Old 01-09-2007 | 06:24 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by thrashkid
as a woman, I find her to be unreasonable and selfish to try and change the plans and expect every one to jump. His parents said they can't, and now he is getting chewed up for it? for 2 families to get along, (or even 2 people) there needs to be cooperation and understanding, not my way (and time) or the highway. She should have asked if the change would be ok with everyone, and when it wasent, accepted that and tried to figure out something else.
He needs to clarify, because I dont think that was the case. I think she was just mad at him for not wanting to go.

Now, if she did expect his folks as well, then she has issues.
Old 01-09-2007 | 06:28 PM
Banned

He needs to clarify, because I dont think that was the case. I think she was just mad at him for not wanting to go.

Now, if she did expect his folks as well, then she has issues.
Why should he have to break dinner plans with *his* parents in order to go to dinner with *her* parents?

The world does not revolve around her (parents).
Old 01-09-2007 | 06:59 PM

This is nothing...You get married and it more like, "oh, by the way my parents are coming over today"...or "I forgot to tell you that we are going to dinner with my coworkers tonight".....Men....get used to it.
That's fine as long as you don't have to cancel prior commitments to accommodate the last minute plans.
Old 01-09-2007 | 07:35 PM
RAR

That depends if some understand how girls manipulate guys like ohhhhhhhhhhhh say getting them to write their papers for example.
Old 01-09-2007 | 07:43 PM
NA

Originally Posted by phipark
We're all male, so no.

I'm female and even I am baffled by other females' logic. I guess I have more of a male's attitude towards everything though. But haha, if she's going to school, just forget about it working out. Females are better than males at covering up cheating and that's what she'll be doing!

Quick Reply: Why don't girlfriends understand the concept of "I don't want to"? WTF!