Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

What to do when the girl you love dress slutty :(

Old 03-13-2007, 07:04 AM
John Starks - The Dunk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you're better off being honest with her, especially if you plan on marrying her.

Why don't you let us be the judge of this slutty-ness and post a pic. j/k....maybe. lol
Old 03-13-2007, 07:12 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yuhoo22
you're better off being honest with her, especially if you plan on marrying her.

Why don't you let us be the judge of this slutty-ness and post a pic. j/k....maybe. lol

we should have a poll titled, Do you think my GF dresses slutty?
Old 03-13-2007, 11:11 AM
Burning Brakes

Damn I kinda have the opposite problem. We should trade
Old 03-13-2007, 11:13 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by studville
Fighting is for GED aspiring fuckups who have nothing to lose in life other than their trailer house and 1978 Firebird.

Old 03-13-2007, 12:48 PM
Pug
Team Camel, VP for Zaino

Boy - it's true when they say youth is wasted on the young ! I say lighten up and let her flaunt it while she still has it. Eventually, age and gravity will take their toll, and then she'll be wearing baggy sweatpants everywhere and guys won't give her a second look. Trust me on this.

Life's too short. Make the most of it before you get old like me ! It will happen sooner than you think !

Twenty years and 3 kids later you'll both look back and laugh at what she used to wear.

Peace.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Got Phó?

Link her myspace on here
Old 03-13-2007, 04:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Pug
Boy - it's true when they say youth is wasted on the young ! I say lighten up and let her flaunt it while she still has it. Eventually, age and gravity will take their toll, and then she'll be wearing baggy sweatpants everywhere and guys won't give her a second look. Trust me on this.

Life's too short. Make the most of it before you get old like me ! It will happen sooner than you think !

Twenty years and 3 kids later you'll both look back and laugh at what she used to wear.

Peace.

Old 03-13-2007, 05:52 PM
werd

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
So no follow-up huh...
Old 03-13-2007, 05:53 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
Fighting is for GED aspiring fuckups who have nothing to lose in life other than their trailer house and 1978 Firebird.
True Dat....
Old 03-13-2007, 06:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You're right, I would much rather walk around with a popped collar and maybe tell a teacher than confronting them directly when they lay their hands on my hypothetical girl

Mike
Old 03-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Banned

yall are asses, stop telling the man to post pix, didn't you read on his first post, he is a jealousy type?
Old 03-13-2007, 11:49 PM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
Originally Posted by amisconception
So no follow-up huh...

What did you expect? It's D&R...
Old 03-14-2007, 12:15 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by rondog
Maybe you should get a friend to act like a stranger and approach her, then kick his ass and let her get mad scared, that might speed up the end of that behavior.
Ooooor, get he pregnant and marry her ass (if your ready and old enough). That might do it too. lol.
Ok, that is funny as hell! That had me crying! That's like the rap guy on Sopranos getting the mob guy to shoot him so he can have street cred! LOL!

But on the really, real...Rondog, stop playing man! Get her pregnant and marry her? Oh hell no!! Man, you better not do that! You haven't gotten anywhere near as mad as you are going to get when your "wife" is dressing slutty! It will no longer be your girlfriend, but your wife geting looks and gropes! You will be fighting to prove your love everyday playa! No joke!

So let me drop some good words of advice on you. Some you already got, some you haven't...

You do not own her. The reason she is with you is because she wants to be with you. We just get to thinking that because we have certain priveleges and that we spend inordinate amounts of time with a woman, that she becomes property. So we want to tell them how to talk. How to dress. Who to hang out with. Hawk where they go. Who they can talk to. Question the amount of make-up. All of the shit (sans the make-up) that we don't like!

But we do that anyway, because we are in our opinion, the dominate role player. The shot caller. The bread-winner. The leader. We forget all about the reasons why we wanted to be with them in the first place. That they can do stuff without our help and aren't dependent on us (unless you like that sort of thing). We forget that because they looked good like that, we wanted them in the first place! We don't want nobody looking at our baby like we look at them. We don't want HER looking at nobody like that either. So what do we do to stem the tide? We start imposing restrictions on them. Or, at least attempt to. Then we start getting negative feedback from them and that causes even more friction. So what the hell should we do?

We should leave them alone is what we should do. They are grown. But you are too. Happiness comes from within. It is shared without, but it must originate from within. If you need someone to complete you or make you happy, then you are susceptible to some serious pain. Because we are not infallible. We are capable of, even when we try not to, of letting someone down. She is trying to be her. Now, when you met her, the HER was alright. Now that you are serious, the HER isn't alright. So you have to ask yourself, will this work for me? I'm thinking long term with this woman. Will this work for me? Can I handle this for the rest of my life? Can I handle it now? First, talk to her and see if this is just her being her. Maybe she has some self-esteem issues and needs to find acceptance in other people's eyes. Maybe she is just flirtatious and ostentacious. Maybe she is just doing HER! But you will never know until you talk to her.

After you talk to her, think about what you need from a significant other. Do you value the physical being more than the mental aptitude? What do you need? If she doesn't meet it, then turn your testosterone down, and go your separate ways. It just wasn't meant to be. But you don't try to change her! Under no circumstances! Because both of you will regret it. She will when she remembers who she is and goes back to that. And you the same. They have a saying that men marry the woman that they think she is. And, that women marry the man and try to shape him into the man they want him to be or hopes he turns into that man. Neither one of those methods works. If you fall in love, fall in love with the person in front of you. Not the person you want her to be. What if she never is? Get it? Then you will be miserable.

Count your blessings and be thankful that she is showing you this side of her that causes you problems. Now you get to make an informed decision. Let people be who they are. If you can handle that, then you know you are with the right one. Weigh the good, weigh the bad, then decide if it is what you want or can handle. Then make a decision and stick with it!

Good luck!
Old 03-14-2007, 12:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Riiiight, and if someone touches my girl or gropes her, I should be a bitch and walk away to avoid a confrontation. If they do that, then they are basically asking ofr it. Someone lays a finger on my girl, I'm not hesitating to come at them with a straight hard right hand to knock their lower jaw into their throat... with no hesitation or pause. Seriously, a girl can't protect herself from a punk who grabs her, and that is borderline rape, they need guys who will stick up for them and protect them, after all, thats what makes a woman like a guy, when she feels safe and secure, not when she is told to just keep walking. please.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by darksom1
Ok, that is funny as hell! That had me crying! That's like the rap guy on Sopranos getting the mob guy to shoot him so he can have street cred! LOL!

But on the really, real...Rondog, stop playing man! Get her pregnant and marry her? Oh hell no!! Man, you better not do that! You haven't gotten anywhere near as mad as you are going to get when your "wife" is dressing slutty! It will no longer be your girlfriend, but your wife geting looks and gropes! You will be fighting to prove your love everyday playa! No joke!
Well, I was joking, but that kinda happened to me, wifey was also dressing really sexy, and I liked it, but it would kinda get too much at times. indirectlly, when we got married and had kids, it all stopped, she was serious and didn't put her style of dressing before her motherly / wifely (is that a word) duties. What i really meant to say is that if you are going to marry her, and love her to death, then don't worry, it will probably go away with time and maturity.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:34 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by rondog
Well, I was joking, but that kinda happened to me, wifey was also dressing really sexy, and I liked it, but it would kinda get too much at times. indirectlly, when we got married and had kids, it all stopped, she was serious and didn't put her style of dressing before her motherly / wifely (is that a word) duties. What i really meant to say is that if you are going to marry her, and love her to death, then don't worry, it will probably go away with time and maturity.
Most women do Rondog. SOme still have that trick mentality and don't know which way is up and the guy rolls out and the kid suffers.

I also agree with the post about standing up for your lady. If a guy groped mine while I was right there, he better be as good with his hands rumbling because "INCOMING"!! What is supposed to happen? I look at him and say why did you do that? That wasn't nice? Hell naw, while I'm kicking dat ass I'm saying shit like I bet yo bitch ass won't do that again will you? You feel me?

BTW, off topic: I feel you on the grill thing. Has to be cut like that, not attached. I got a guy local who can do that. I don't know what I will do later on (trade/resale), but hey, right now, I want that damn bar out of there! LOL!

Peace out RJ!!
Old 03-14-2007, 05:25 AM
The Boss

back that ass up dude!

in all honesty, just talk to her and let her know the way she dress is a concern.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:41 AM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by crazymjb
You're right, I would much rather walk around with a popped collar and maybe tell a teacher than confronting them directly when they lay their hands on my hypothetical girl

Mike
Why doesn't she handle the confrontation herself? I love how you guys have this underlying 'women are my property' mentality. It's ridiculous.

If she doesn't like confrontations, then it's HER responsibility to change her clothes.

What if the situation was reversed? What if other girls were touching/flirting with you because you were wearing a tight T-shirt (not that you necessarily would, but imagine you did)? Would you expect your girlfriend to get into a physical fight with those girls?
Old 03-15-2007, 02:06 PM
werd

Originally Posted by youngTL
Why doesn't she handle the confrontation herself? I love how you guys have this underlying 'women are my property' mentality. It's ridiculous.

If she doesn't like confrontations, then it's HER responsibility to change her clothes.

What if the situation was reversed? What if other girls were touching/flirting with you because you were wearing a tight T-shirt (not that you necessarily would, but imagine you did)? Would you expect your girlfriend to get into a physical fight with those girls?
Sorry dude, but in general, women are weaker then men.

Not only that, but if I'm out with my girl and I want her to wear something hot, and she does, if she's being groped and I have to protect her I will.

This is no controlling, "you're my property" macho bullshit. It's just about protecting your girlfriend - just like you protect anyone else you love.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:14 PM

Received 2,797 Likes on 1,990 Posts
im loving the weather in socal cause all the girls are dressing slutty
Old 03-15-2007, 04:32 PM
03 3.2 TL FPR

The long and short is if she was doing it and it attracted you wanting to change it now is total BS.

You can't change people they have to compel themselves to change so unless she decides she is tired of dressing like that then you are SOL.

What I dont get is if you started out liking it why its a problem now sounds to me like you have some security issues.

I would say either part ways if its that big a deal or STFU and press if you "truely love her". Sounds like a crock of siht to me either way.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:40 PM
werd

Originally Posted by kwelity
The long and short is if she was doing it and it attracted you wanting to change it now is total BS.

You can't change people they have to compel themselves to change so unless she decides she is tired of dressing like that then you are SOL.

What I dont get is if you started out liking it why its a problem now sounds to me like you have some security issues.

I would say either part ways if its that big a deal or STFU and press if you "truely love her". Sounds like a crock of siht to me either way.

Edit: Nevermind
Old 03-15-2007, 08:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Trying to change someone is a very tough thing to do. And asking them to dress differently is basically asking them to change who they are....so good luck. But the OP is in Toronto, so how many months out of the year can one wear barely any clothes anyway

It depends on the relationship though. If you're just grasping and trying to hang on, bringing this up might be biting off more than you can chew. But if you two are actually tight and she's down for you and cares about you, she might not be willing to work with you. Tread carefully though and just be grateful for what you have.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:26 PM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
Originally Posted by youngTL

No I wouldn't expect it, but my ex tried this bullshit once when we were dating.

I was talking to an old friend that she didn't know and thought that my friend was trying to pick me up. (I admit, the friend is the flirty type but we were just talking by the bar)

Long story short, the ex (who was drunk) came up and tried pulling me away while bitching out my friend (who had just finished complimenting me on how pretty my gf was)

I was pissed and broke up with her soon after....
Old 03-15-2007, 11:41 PM
Doesn't Rice His Car

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by crazymjb

Mike
[soapbox]
Mike, my statement was pretty broad. Maybe I should have said fighting after you're a certain age. What I had my mind when I typed it is those "tough guys" at the bar who want to fight anyone for no reason. I remember one time recently, an altercation occurred, and the other guy was like "you wanna take this outside" to my friend. To which my friend responded, something to the gist of how the guy's life sucked and he was an underachieving waste of space -- hence the wanting to fight for validation. It was hilarious because for that split second, you could tell my friend was right on with the analysis, but then the guy put back on his tough guy act. You know what we did? We friggin left. As simple as that.. Turned around and walked out. My friend told me if the guy would have swung a punch, he would have pretty much stood there because he's in med school, and there's a possibility of getting kicked out for getting into stuff like that.

You're still young Mike (I'm not trying to patronizing you with that statement). I remember the high school fights and it's almost like you HAVE to fight... and I did a couple times. But soon enough, things will come around and you'll realize there's a lot more important things in life than your ego...such as your career, family etc etc.

I'm not totally against fighting. It's just think 95% of the time it's retarded. As for the gf and groping scenario. That's kind of a grey area. It's happened to my girl before, but not too severely, and she handled herself quite well and I backed her up. She doesn't expect me to "defend her honor" physically... only verbally and if it goes anything beyond that then we're leaving and/or calling the police if it comes to that. [/soapbox]

Then again, you'd be surprised how everything above changes after a couple tequila shots and beers.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:49 PM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Scottman111
No I wouldn't expect it, but my ex tried this bullshit once when we were dating.

I was talking to an old friend that she didn't know and thought that my friend was trying to pick me up. (I admit, the friend is the flirty type but we were just talking by the bar)

Long story short, the ex (who was drunk) came up and tried pulling me away while bitching out my friend (who had just finished complimenting me on how pretty my gf was)

I was pissed and broke up with her soon after....
That's not a bad reaction to have. It makes me think that some girls actually ENJOY watching their boyfriends get into fights over them. Then again, some girls would break up with a guy for getting into an unnecessary fight.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:32 AM
Drifting

Received 212 Likes on 100 Posts
tell her how you feel, but dont make/force her to change. just speak your mind, but be a man about it.

if she dresses slutty, take advantage of it. after all she is your girl. make out with her in public. if she asks you why you keep doing it, tell her its because she turns you on with the way she dresses. take it from there and let things play out.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:22 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by pttl
You have the right, in fact you are compelled, to be honest with her. Tell her how you feel about the situation. If her feelings toward you are the same as yours are toward her, she will probably be touched and be willing to adjust her wardrobe.

good luck.