Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Some of the Best Game Websites on the Internet

Old 11-11-2009, 08:16 AM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
Originally Posted by CUNextTuesday
My point is that it's way too contrived and perfect. He's a good storyteller

and it is also just a "story". When I read shit like that it makes me chuckle though.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:54 AM
werd

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by madcaps
However, finding someone whether it be a soul mate or a one night stand shouldn't be so hard and all these rules that are here to help seem to get in the way. But you'll come to a point, like I did, when you realize, man,all these rules are bullshit!

Good luck to all the players out there, you're gonna need it!

It "shouldn't" be so hard to be a millionaire either, but for some people it is, and for different reasons.

These "rules" don't get in the way, they ADD to what is typically a nauseating encounter for a socially awkward guy. I'm not so sure what's so hard to understand about that.

Game is not necessary for Brad Pitt, or Kobe Bryant, or the best looking guy on some random TV show because of the celebrity, good looks, and other things that all add up to an attractive package to 99% of all hetero girls. But for the average guy, all of this material is useful in IMPROVING their results in the real world.

Sentiment like "be yourself" and "you'll find her one day" is all impractical nonsense that offers zero result, and is an excuse for no results.

Confidence, the pillar of attractive qualities in a man, is still not everything - and it has to be developed. Developing confidence can take years. Couple that with not being socially awkward and you could see why this stuff exists to fill the void that maybe an absent father left.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:01 PM
werd

Originally Posted by CUNextTuesday
My point is that it's way too contrived and perfect. He's a good storyteller
So what? What difference does it make?

All the things he's telling the girl in that story are tactics that I've personally used and are, for the most part, very effective. Sure not every girl is into you, but she may be more intrigued if you're applying some of the fundamental psychological ploys that differentiate you from the rest of typical beta bunch at a bar.

The key is to eventually adapt these things into your own personality, your own style, with your own intentions to successfully get what you want - whether it's one night stands or LTRs.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:11 PM
GEEZER

Originally Posted by amisconception
So what? What difference does it make?

The key is to eventually adapt these things into your own personality, your own style, with your own intentions to successfully get what you want - whether it's one night stands or LTRs.
Or you could just be yourself from the start. Always worked for me.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Lt. Gamble

Received 94 Likes on 62 Posts

It "shouldn't" be so hard to be a millionaire either, but for some people it is, and for different reasons.

These "rules" don't get in the way, they ADD to what is typically a nauseating encounter for a socially awkward guy. I'm not so sure what's so hard to understand about that.

Game is not necessary for Brad Pitt, or Kobe Bryant, or the best looking guy on some random TV show because of the celebrity, good looks, and other things that all add up to an attractive package to 99% of all hetero girls. But for the average guy, all of this material is useful in IMPROVING their results in the real world.

Sentiment like "be yourself" and "you'll find her one day" is all impractical nonsense that offers zero result, and is an excuse for no results.

Confidence, the pillar of attractive qualities in a man, is still not everything - and it has to be developed. Developing confidence can take years. Couple that with not being socially awkward and you could see why this stuff exists to fill the void that maybe an absent father left.
Why do you keep insinuating that I don't understand? I get it. Sorry, but it's not rocket science. These rules probably help the socially awkward guy fill the void that an absent father left and how these "rules" are used vary from person to person blah blah blah. During my impressionable years, I was raised by a single mom, which gave me a better advantage about learning what women REALLY want and NEED than a father could have ever taught me. I just found it more successful to not compromise myself or personality when meeting people in general. To say being yourself produces zero results is a personal opinion and not a fact, your Bible may state otherwise, but it worked for me. Maybe I'm lucky because I wasn't socially awkward or had low self esteem to begin with. I just think that these rules steer the naive socially awkward guy into the wrong direction, being insincere and manipulative isn't going to get you quality women. And quality people with half a brain will see right through that b.s. in a second. Sure these rules may get you laid more often, but I prefer quality over quantity.

Opinions on this topic vary I guess.

We need more women to chime in.

Enjoy the game.

Originally Posted by 1killercls
Or you could just be yourself from the start. Always worked for me.
Me too 1killercls, but amisconception seems to think that doesn't work well with women.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 71 Likes on 28 Posts
When I was still dating, I was upfront with what kind of relationship I wanted, whether it was a mere sexual relationship or a serious one. It was just simpler to start a relationship with no pretensions. I let the other person see both what's good and bad in me. I know my value and what I can give in a relationship so when things would end, I would simply accept that my needs/personality/situation didn't match with the other person's own needs at that particular stage in our life (with a bit of bruised ego, of course). In my experience, most men in my past were wonderful but the timing was just wrong for each one of them. Now I'm married and very happy that we began our relationship without playing games.

I don't follow any guidelines, because regardless of what some people think, "being real" works for me. No one can really predict how and when you'll get a profound connection with someone. More importantly, honesty is very important in my book and playing games is like telling white lies.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:56 PM
werd

Originally Posted by madcaps
To say being yourself produces zero results is a personal opinion and not a fact, your Bible may state otherwise, but it worked for me.

No, you don't get it.

It's not as simple as "be yourself". When "be yourself" is naturally attractive, and possessing of qualities that produce results, then by all means "be yourself".

But to offer that advice to someone who needs help, which is so often the case, is highly ineffective and produces no results. For the socially awkward, for the delusional, for the guys with zero understanding of the most basic things, "be yourself" is a toxic methodology for producing the change necessary for the frustrated to break out of their slumps.

And in many cases these slumps last years, some decades.

Maybe I'm lucky because I wasn't socially awkward or had low self esteem to begin with.
I never intended to mean that learning about game was for everybody. If you're content with what you have, then good for you. Do I think that you could have even better results if you applied or refined your interactions with women? Definitely. But you're not the core demographic.

I just think that these rules steer the naive socially awkward guy into the wrong direction, being insincere and manipulative isn't going to get you quality women. And quality people with half a brain will see right through that b.s. in a second. Sure these rules may get you laid more often, but I prefer quality over quantity.
Again, whatever works for you.

But as an example, there's a whole debate on the "quality woman". Is there such a thing as a quality woman? Who determines what "quality" is? Etc.

The point of these rules, like the 3-second rule that's used to help guys stop thinking in their head so much prior to approaching a girl, is not insincere, deceptive, or lame. This "rule" is used to motivate guys into actually approaching, and improving their results.

A lot of this stuff is for guys who were too introverted, are smart, but just weren't able to act on their biological impulses. You can shame them, insult them, whatever, but the point is that it's not here to intentionally decieve and destroy women, it's for men to improve their lives and their chances with women. Why some people make fun of that I'll never understand, but it is what it is.

Opinions on this topic vary I guess.
Yes.

We need more women to chime in.
Why? To tell you to be yourself? Heh, no thanks.

Me too 1killercls, but amisconception seems to think that doesn't work well with women.
Well you two are just a bunch of naturally charming studs, but not everyone is born that way, and you CAN teach it. That's the point.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

No, you don't get it.

It's not as simple as "be yourself". When "be yourself" is naturally attractive, and possessing of qualities that produce results, then by all means "be yourself".

But to offer that advice to someone who needs help, which is so often the case, is highly ineffective and produces no results. For the socially awkward, for the delusional, for the guys with zero understanding of the most basic things, "be yourself" is a toxic methodology for producing the change necessary for the frustrated to break out of their slumps.

And in many cases these slumps last years, some decades.

And lets say you find that perfect woman, but she has fallen for your "game" and not the "real" you? So you have to put an act on for the next 50 years? Wouldn't it just be better to find a woman who loves the real you, and not the show you are putting on?
Old 11-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Lt. Gamble

Received 94 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Silver™
And lets say you find that perfect woman, but she has fallen for your "game" and not the "real" you? So you have to put an act on for the next 50 years? Wouldn't it just be better to find a woman who loves the real you, and not the show you are putting on?
That's kind of what I was hinting at. Sure you may get the one night stand, but what happens if you actually end up liking the girl and want to be in a long term relationship? Than you have to retract everything you said previously and tell her that you were pulling techniques and strategies just to get in her pants, its like "geez now I really like you, so try and forget the cheesy facade I portrayed earlier". GTFO!! He would be seen as a liar from the get go and the relationship would be doomed. And if the girls smart, which she probably isn't because she fell for the tricks in the bag, she would dump his ass ( I believe this is where quality comes in). One thing my girl tells me is that she loves how I haven't changed one bit during our relationship over the years. I wasn't one thing in the beginning and turned out to be something else down the road. I've stayed the same throughout. Sure these guys may eventually muster up the courage to meet the girl using these rules, but eventually they'll resort to wants comfortable, being themselves. Also, how would these rules help if the guy eventually did get into a relationship? Can't play games 24/7. These rules are just a bandaid and not a cure for the lack of self esteem or confidence.

Amisconception, I DO understand that these rules are merely a self help guide for guys that don't have self esteem or confidence in approaching a woman and it helps bring them get out of their shells. Plus, I never debated whether it worked or not or that it couldn't be taught. I just question the sincerity of the techniques. Its like anything in life, if you want to become better at something than you need to educate yourself and work hard in achieving that goal, this isn't any different. Some guys do need every advantage that they can get and I'm sure these rules do work for guys like that. I just feel if somebody really needs that much of a boost in self esteem and confidence than meeting girls is probably the least of their problems. But if the guys already have some tools in their bags than these rules will help sharpen their skills, I get that. But if they have no tools to begin with than there is a deeper issue there.

Maybe 1killercls and I are studs or we realized that tricks are for kids and being genuine and honest can go a long way.

Please stop trying to act like these rules are innocent and that caring about a woman's feelings is a priority. I read that book and the stories in there were anything but innocent. There is a definite agenda when using these rules and its apparent.

Ok, dissect away.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:02 PM
Great. Now he's loose.

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Well I don't find layers of make-up, fake nails, fake hair color, high-heels that accentuate the length of a woman's legs, push-up bras, and fake tans up front and honest either.

That doesn't mean those things aren't effective or not worth doing. Game is the same way.

Hey, guys aren't responsible for the paper-thin emotional fortitude of some vulnerable girls. I never make misrepresentations or lie (for practical purposes, I'm no moralist). If a girl has no filter or barrier, that's her problem not mine. And this notion that girls are innocent, fragile, little angels is ridiculous. Adults should be responsible for themselves, and their actions, regardless of gender. It's not anyone's fault that girl X is gullible, dumb, or naive.

Gee, I'm glad you don't lie, and you're never deceptive. That's very nice.... I don't actually believe it....... although I think maybe you believe it. Better yet, maybe you've just excused it because doing so can get you what you want. That's what I used to do.

Amis, I speak from experience. You can't bullshit me. I know the game. People can and do get hurt. Avoiding being responsible for playing with someone's Phychie is a choice. Let's be honest.

I have always known when I've had a man in my palm. When I was young, selfish and generally out for me, regardless of the consiquences to whom I hurt, it was wonderful. That is life without conscience. It's great for addicts and assholes...not that you are either. I was though. Both.

You may not be responsible for the paper-thin emotional fortitude of some vulnerable girl, but you are responsible if you make it worse. Just be aware, and play fair.

I think I mentioned motives in my post. I don't think I used that word, but whatever. If you are looking for a fuck, be as blatnetly fraudulent and sneaky as you need to be to get what you want for a night. It works well to maintain a fuck buddy too. If, however, the intent is to gain a mate, one must interject ones real self. Maintaining the game for any length of time without the real humaness of self interceeding is impossible in my professional opinion.

Remember, I'm not saying in any way that these techniques are useless. They can be helpful and when doing this dance with someone that is fully aware that he/she is dancing, also quite fun.

Men and women are indeed NOT the same creatures. Yes, there ARE some real things we want from you people (even when we may not be fully aware of them) as there are specific things you want from us (even when YOU are not aware of them). Becomming aware of these things makes for powerful relationships. Ones that can last. Using information for evil instead of good is just wrong and selfish.

I'd love to run into you without you knowing who I am......... It would be well worth the laugh we both enjoyed afterward. Yes, even at my age.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Great. Now he's loose.

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Lololol..... Look at the tags...... i, love, men

Yes, I do. Most of you are awsome good company.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:19 PM
I'm Down Right Fierce!

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
^^^ beat me to it Miss Gypsy! Lol. I was just about to post that.

Interesting topic though Amis. Although I've personally never had a problem with being myself or "playing the game" and have gone through a ton women during college, not everyone has the same experience.

The sad truth is that not everyone can be themselves, if the world tells them they aren't beautiful.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:42 PM
E92

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts
The point of a lot of this is to use scripted game to bring on more identity-level change, so eventually you incorporate the more conceptual stuff into your "be yourself" style. If you look at many of the top pickup artists out there, they all started out using routines and the like, and their scripted game eventually developed into a strong natural game where they don't need to use routines anymore. So by the time you're ready to marry a girl, you'll hopefully have moved on to more of a natural game that isn't going to get old for the next 50 years.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:20 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts
Originally Posted by TommySalami
The point of a lot of this is to use scripted game to bring on more identity-level change, so eventually you incorporate the more conceptual stuff into your "be yourself" style. If you look at many of the top pickup artists out there, they all started out using routines and the like, and their scripted game eventually developed into a strong natural game where they don't need to use routines anymore. So by the time you're ready to marry a girl, you'll hopefully have moved on to more of a natural game that isn't going to get old for the next 50 years.

I have no doubt that there are those who can become great pickup artists and some of those guys can even somehow incorporate it into a "natural game". But those are few a far between. Just as there are those who can read some books and blogs on investing and roll their small savings into a million dollars. But that too is very rare.

Try this, take a survey of your friends/family who are in happy long-term relationships. See how many had to develop and maintain "game" to find their girlfriend/wife vs. how many were themselves.

It's not as though all girls looking for real relationships like the "game", many more prefer guys who don't play games.

Now I am not saying that guys can't do things that will give them more confidence. But "game" and lame pick-up lines are not the usual recipe for long-term happiness. Although if you are going to the clubs looking for a one-night stand, then you probably do need some "game". But if that is your context, then you are dealing with a small portion of the overall female population.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:53 PM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
insecurities ?
Old 11-15-2009, 07:29 AM
GEEZER

I have no doubt that there are those who can become great pickup artists and some of those guys can even somehow incorporate it into a "natural game". But those are few a far between. Just as there are those who can read some books and blogs on investing and roll their small savings into a million dollars. But that too is very rare.

Try this, take a survey of your friends/family who are in happy long-term relationships. See how many had to develop and maintain "game" to find their girlfriend/wife vs. how many were themselves.

It's not as though all girls looking for real relationships like the "game", many more prefer guys who don't play games.

Now I am not saying that guys can't do things that will give them more confidence. But "game" and lame pick-up lines are not the usual recipe for long-term happiness. Although if you are going to the clubs looking for a one-night stand, then you probably do need some "game". But if that is your context, then you are dealing with a small portion of the overall female population.
True. Well said.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
lol wow.

and @ the tags HAHA.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts