Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

So yeah Im a virgin...

Old 10-11-2007, 12:28 AM
an asshole from florida

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
So yeah Im a virgin...

This is basically me ranting. Now on to the topic

So basically Im planning on waiting til I get married til I have sex. Kinda a religious thing for me. And no Im not a social retard or really weird ass kick who masturbates to Tifa (ff7). Seriously If i wanted to get laid I could go to my neighbors place and get it on (shes got a huge rack too). Ive been in situations before and I can and have said no.
It really just pisses me off when my so called friends nag my ass about how Im still a virgin. Seriously they try to talk to me as if they know so much more. And yea Ive come to realize that Im missing out on some fun times (specially here in UF, wow every other girl is bangin hot) But really I want there to be that special thing that only me and my future wife share( whomever it may be)
So yea I just wanted to get it off my back comments and concerns are welcome
Old 10-11-2007, 01:22 AM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
That goes away at about age 22. People usually stop caring by then.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:31 AM
4drs just wanna have fun!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by subinf
I love this post, this reminds me how I saw a friend who came to this realization at a party and said screw it.

Think of it this way, by the time you get to your girl you'll be ready. Just like the scene from 40yr old virgin.

If its religious then hurry up and get married already

Just think about why one should or should not refrain from having sex until married, make a T-chart and see what you come up with. Take a religious, anthropologist and personal point of view.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:36 AM
One on the right for me

I meant age 22 when people stop making fun of other people. My roommate who is 26 just slept with his first girl. No one seemed to care that he waited so long. Though he was hoping to make it to marriage...
Old 10-11-2007, 01:44 AM
Go Giants

Received 1,233 Likes on 823 Posts
I meant age 22 when people stop making fun of other people. My roommate who is 26 just slept with his first girl. No one seemed to care that he waited so long. Though he was hoping to make it to marriage...
Its probably true the other way.

Congrats on your virginhood.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:57 AM
Land of Pleasant Living

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is virginity a requirement for your future wife too?
if so, what if you meet her and fall in love, only to find out she isn't a virgin?
is that a concern for you?
Old 10-11-2007, 02:43 AM
Banned

Once youre with someone youll be happy youre not hearing nagging questions about your past girlfriends and her regret that you screwed them all.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:23 AM
an asshole from florida

Originally Posted by shnee420
if so, what if you meet her and fall in love, only to find out she isn't a virgin?
i would want herr to be but honestly it probably wont happen so its all good
Old 10-11-2007, 09:10 AM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
enjoy virginity while you have it. sex complicates life beyond all belief. i lost my virginity at 15 to my 15yo girlfriend. worst mistake i ever made. then after she dumped me i didn't get it again until i was 19, so believe me when i say that sex 10 times a week going to no sex for 4 years must be like what heroin addicts experience during withdrawal. sucks.

if your neighbor is cute with a big rack you should at least let her touch your junk. it might be worth it.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:23 AM
Banned

you got some crazy self control bro, especially bein at UF...holy shit, you must be startin some fires in your dorm room after walking around that campus all day....good luck, either way im sure you'll make it happen at the right time!
Old 10-11-2007, 09:26 AM
Terigan...

Yeah had a couple friends that didn't have sex until last year and their about a year older than I and after college we really never talked about it.

Personally, they shouldn't care if you're getting it or not. They should be more concerned if they are . But they'll realize that as they get more mature, if they ever do (some people just never grow up).
Old 10-11-2007, 09:41 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Insane. I commend you on your self control but warn that you're likely making a big mistake.

I don't see why sex has to be put on such a high pedestal?
Old 10-11-2007, 09:56 AM
Racer

Virginity is over rated….the idea in the biblical sense is based on love, compassion , and commitment. Don’t wait till marriage wait for a good woman. And don’t worry about god forgiving you, he won’t mind. He would have tapped that ass too.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:00 AM
Go Giants

Received 1,233 Likes on 823 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
Insane. I commend you on your self control but warn that you're likely making a big mistake.

I don't see why sex has to be put on such a high pedestal?
Not to mention that the sex stops after marriage...
Old 10-11-2007, 10:02 AM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by theroadrunner
Virginity is over rated….the idea in the biblical sense is based on love, compassion , and commitment. Don’t wait till marriage wait for a good woman. And don’t worry about god forgiving you, he won’t mind. He would have tapped that ass too.
yeah i'm a firm believer in the Mary Magdalene conspiracy.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:03 AM
Secret Agent

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by theroadrunner
And don’t worry about god forgiving you, he won’t mind. He would have tapped that ass too.
Uh oh, now you've done it. You're doomed.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:07 AM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,180 Likes on 688 Posts
that's a good idea in theory but being in college, especially at UF (i graduated from there so i know this) its going to be hard. One night you will go to a party and well wake up no longer a virgin. If you really want to stick with the waiting till marriage, dont join a frat.

Oh just for the record, sex does make life so much more complicated and if you can avoid it is probably best because once you have it, you never want to stop
Old 10-11-2007, 10:12 AM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
Originally Posted by shnee420

Exactly what I was going to ask. I respect your decision to wait, but I just don't see why it would be special to you if you stay a virgin and the girl you want to marry isn't? It would probably just make her feel guilty?

Plus, in a few years, some girls might not give you a chance if they know you won't have sex with them. Even if you might be a perfect match for them, they would never find out just because they never gave you a chance for that one reason.

I'm not trying to talk you out of things, but if I were you, I would reconsider at the beginning of every year whether or not you want keep it up.

There's a huge difference between being 18 and 22 (or whatever). I just wouldn't want you to keep this up for the mere fact that you promised yourself when you were 18 that you would save yourself.

I guess what I'm saying is just keep your options open. You will be a completely different person with different thoughts once you get out of your teen years and into your 20's.

By the way, of all the girls I know, I only know one over the age of 22 that is still a virgin (she's 25 and, yes, saving herself for marriage) It will be slim pickings if you really are looking for another virgin girl to marry...
Old 10-11-2007, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Eski
Once youre with someone youll be happy youre not hearing nagging questions about your past girlfriends and her regret that you screwed them all.

Pfft. I've never talked about my past girlfriends with any girl I've dated, nor do I want to hear about their past boyfriends (but it wouldn't bother me if they did talk about it) No matter what, they won't be happy to hear what you have to say

And if she did make a big deal about it I'd probably dump her.

I think it's a personal thing that people should be able to talk about if they want to, and not be bitched at if they don't want to talk about it.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:05 AM
has Gloryhole Girls in

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get it over with...throw it in her!
Old 10-11-2007, 12:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Never put the pussy on a pedestal......mistake number 1
Old 10-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by MikeCLS6
Never put the pussy on a pedestal......mistake number 1
Old 10-11-2007, 01:57 PM
an asshole from florida

im not putting on the pedestal...ok yea i am..honestly i wouldnt be heart broken if i lost it before i get married. honestly making it to 18 still a virigin is astonishing enough. especially considering some of the people i know. but yea a big reason i also havent done it is also because of relationships getting so complicated and what not

and i have thought about women later on and how they would react to me still being a virgin and wanting to wait and ive realized that it probably wouldnt turn out for the best.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Suzuka Master

It's up to you to do whatever you want and I'm not one to judge, but honestly I think you're digging yourself a hole that will be harder to get out of the older you get. I know 0 girls my age that would give you the time of day if they knew your story.

But then again if it's a religious thing, then I'd imagine there's a good chance of finding a like-minded girl at your church or whatever, no?
Old 10-11-2007, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mike 350Z
It's up to you to do whatever you want and I'm not one to judge, but honestly I think you're digging yourself a hole that will be harder to get out of the older you get. I know 0 girls my age that would give you the time of day if they knew your story.

But then again if it's a religious thing, then I'd imagine there's a good chance of finding a like-minded girl at your church or whatever, no?

I think it's cool that you even consider trying to save yourself for marriage, because there is very few people that even try and less that succeed. But, like Mike said, it's getting less and less socially acceptable, whether you like it or not.

It's up to you, just don't have any regrets no matter what you decide...
Old 10-11-2007, 02:41 PM
an asshole from florida

yea honestly its such a downer that society almost looks down upon it..not look down but like scottman said less socially acceptable.
And even most people in church dont wait. I try so hard to be optimistic and think that theres a hottie out there doin the same thing, but every day that passes i really start to see that that isnt going to happen. especially since yes i do goto parties and drink and occasionally have a smoke.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Erz
^^GIRL

Originally Posted by invisiblewar
This is basically me ranting. Now on to the topic

So basically Im planning on waiting til I get married til I have sex. Kinda a religious thing for me. And no Im not a social retard or really weird ass kick who masturbates to Tifa (ff7). Seriously If i wanted to get laid I could go to my neighbors place and get it on (shes got a huge rack too). Ive been in situations before and I can and have said no.
It really just pisses me off when my so called friends nag my ass about how Im still a virgin. Seriously they try to talk to me as if they know so much more. And yea Ive come to realize that Im missing out on some fun times (specially here in UF, wow every other girl is bangin hot) But really I want there to be that special thing that only me and my future wife share( whomever it may be)
So yea I just wanted to get it off my back comments and concerns are welcome

I say good for you. A friend of mine, 24 years old, is still a virgin. She's been in a few serious relationships but we dont live near each other anymore or get to talk much so I couldnt tell you if that was a reason they didnt last or not....

It's a personal choice, and a really hard one to make, especially in todays f'd up world but you're only 18 and your views could change VERY quickly. Might it be difficult finding a non-virgin who is OK with no sex in a serious relationship? SURE. But if youre dead set on waiting it out, I'm sure you'll find someone who will be on board with it too. Good luck.....and don't pay too much attention to your friends. If theyre good friends, they'll leave u alone about it!
Old 10-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Banned

Wasn't the choice I chose to make (or would have been able to), but it's commendable to stand by your convictions.

I really wouldn't worry about it causing any "problems" with women in the future either. Like another poster mentioned...it is nice to be able to enter a relationship without the "how many broads have you fucked" issue coming up.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:24 PM
Race Director

Sounds like your using religion as a justification for not being able to get laid. I had a friend like that, just recently he changed his mind and is looking to get laid.

Why wait? Get some experience so when you finally do meet the right chick, you know what to do to please her.

Of course, this is my opinion....
Old 10-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Atl/Mia reppin'

Hopefully I can give you a different perspective. I waited to have sex until I got married...until I was 28. It wasn't easy, especially through college and growing up in Miami. I know it's not easy when you're getting alot of crap from your friends, etc. but the other guy was right when he said it ends in your early 20s. People will respect you as you get older, even if they don't agree with you.

Let me tell you, it's tough to wait. But it's worth it. I won't pretend and tell you my wedding night was magical. My wife was a virgin too, and we didn't even end up having sex on our honeymoon cause it was too painful for her. But over time, it gets better and better and I'm glad we can share something so intimate with each other. And yeah - the sex is awesome now.

Having sex within the commitment of marriage gives you and your wife freedom to be yourselves and to strengthen a relationship you're going to have for the rest of your life. You have to choose for yourself what you're going to do, but I can tell you that I'm not any less of a man for waiting. As a matter of fact, it's helped to make me a better husband because it helped me think of someone before myself.

Don't worry about slim pickings - there are lots of hot girls that want to wait....how many of them end up staying virgins depends on how many guys are willing to push them pass their boundaries.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:03 PM
an asshole from florida

Originally Posted by ATLcl98
Hopefully I can give you a different perspective. I waited to have sex until I got married...until I was 28. It wasn't easy, especially through college and growing up in Miami. I know it's not easy when you're getting alot of crap from your friends, etc. but the other guy was right when he said it ends in your early 20s. People will respect you as you get older, even if they don't agree with you.

Let me tell you, it's tough to wait. But it's worth it. I won't pretend and tell you my wedding night was magical. My wife was a virgin too, and we didn't even end up having sex on our honeymoon cause it was too painful for her. But over time, it gets better and better and I'm glad we can share something so intimate with each other. And yeah - the sex is awesome now.

Having sex within the commitment of marriage gives you and your wife freedom to be yourselves and to strengthen a relationship you're going to have for the rest of your life. You have to choose for yourself what you're going to do, but I can tell you that I'm not any less of a man for waiting. As a matter of fact, it's helped to make me a better husband because it helped me think of someone before myself.

Don't worry about slim pickings - there are lots of hot girls that want to wait....how many of them end up staying virgins depends on how many guys are willing to push them pass their boundaries.
Dude thank you so much for posting
Old 10-11-2007, 07:09 PM
an asshole from florida

You pretty much put in words why i really wanted to wait. And every time i meet someone who told me they waited it usually is the same answer. it just seems like to me, relationships turn out better when sex comes later. I mean im young so i yea im still dumb to alot of things but seeing everyone who waited really made me want to.
do you miind me asking why you waited
Old 10-11-2007, 07:27 PM
One on the right for me

I might have skipped this, but are you holding out on getting head as well? If you weren't, I'd imagine you could parlay your abstinence vow into quite a few blowjobs.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Race Director

Old 10-11-2007, 07:44 PM
an asshole from florida

I might have skipped this, but are you holding out on getting head as well? If you weren't, I'd imagine you could parlay your abstinence vow into quite a few blowjobs.

nah bro it would be damn near impossible for me to abstain from alll that.. and honestly who can deny a quickie?? eh eh
Old 10-11-2007, 10:01 PM
Atl/Mia reppin'

I really just waited because I believed God would take care of me because I trusted in Him. Now don't get me wrong, I had doubts along the way...and I did have some struggles with the other extracurriculars but I'm glad I waited. I will tell you that being a technical virgin just to say "I'm a virgin" when I got married didn't feel as good as I thought it would. I really wish I could have held onto a little more purity.

For real though, if you really want to wait until you're married you really need to find other guys in your age group that can be there for you...to keep you in check, to encourage you, and just so you can see that you aren't alone on an island.

I know not everyone believes the same way I do...and I know alot of people think that I might be a little backwards. But you don't have to be a "Jesus freak" to see what the wise thing to do is...just look at some of the other threads in this forum and see what happens when people try to do relationships their way, then ask someone how their relationship is when they honored God's desire for a marriage relationship. I think you'll find much more stability, happiness and purpose in that 2nd type of couple.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by invisiblewar
nah bro it would be damn near impossible for me to abstain from alll that.. and honestly who can deny a quickie?? eh eh
"No, sweetheart...I'm saving myself for marriage because I want to be able to share that experience with the woman I will be with for te rest of my life. But anal is cool...you game?"
Old 10-11-2007, 10:08 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ibminch
Old 10-11-2007, 11:57 PM
Race Director

Well look at this way no chance of STDs, pregency, and false rape charges. Also once your married no suprizes about the past either.

Most people would call you a pussy for this but I think you have Balls for coming out and saying it.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:05 AM
an asshole from florida

yea my neighbor had a long long talk with me about how im missing out so much but then for the rest of the night she kept going up to her friend complaining about how she needed to get laid so badly and like almost crack fiend style...I was praying for a couple days about how its been a tough couple of weeks but i think ive been reassured

Quick Reply: So yeah Im a virgin...