Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

She smiles what do you do?

Old 02-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
She smiles what do you do?

Let's say your out...For example at the Mall and you walk by a beautiful girl and she is totally eyeing you down and smiles at you. Obviously you smile back...But anything else? Alot of times I'll have a girl walk by and I totally think it was wasted potential. Most likely she smiled cause she thought you we're cute/hot/etc. I'm not referring to 75 y/o's that give you the smile...I'm referring to young girls who eye-f$%@ the s%@# out of you (wedding crashers style).

I always just keep walking...Keep in mind they are walking the opposite direction, so by the time I even comprehend the smile, she is already walking past me. Is there anything to do about this? I was always thinking to myself WTF would happen if I turned around, stopped, and talked to the girl. Would it amount to anything? OR just be awkward as hell? What do you say? Do you tap them on the shoulder, and say "Hey you just smiled at me, want to get dinner tonight?"

Haha, what do you do? Just brush it off and keep walking, and take it as a ego steroid injection, or make something of it?
Old 02-04-2008, 11:02 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I'd probably right a thread about how i do nothing
Old 02-04-2008, 11:04 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,173 Posts
Whip it out?
Old 02-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,173 Posts
Seriously, abandon this thread.

Actually say hi and talk to the next girl that smiles at you, and then return and start a thread about THAT.

Possibilities are endless, but great stories are priceless!
Old 02-04-2008, 11:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by stogie1020
Seriously, abandon this thread.

Actually say hi and talk to the next girl that smiles at you, and then return and start a thread about THAT.

Possibilities are endless, but great stories are priceless!
I might just do that...I'm pretty shy, but I get a nice natural high for doing stupid s#$! like that.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:41 AM
Go Giants

Received 1,231 Likes on 821 Posts
Go home and whack to it.....
Old 02-05-2008, 01:55 AM
werd

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Breaking news: Most normal women want to be hit on by guys they like. A smile in your direction is an indicator of interest. Don't worry about looking awkward. Say hi and just follow up on that by introducing yourself. Ask simple questions and then ask her for her number. You don't want to say too much at this point because you're likely to screw it up.

Do that 100 times with 100 different women.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:41 AM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
Originally Posted by amisconception
Breaking news: Most normal women want to be hit on by guys they like. A smile in your direction is an indicator of interest. Don't worry about looking awkward. Say hi and just follow up on that by introducing yourself. Ask simple questions and then ask her for her number. You don't want to say too much at this point because you're likely to screw it up.

Do that 100 times with 100 different women.

Why not take the chance? Who cares if you misinterpreted the smile and look dumb...you'll probably never see her again.

Nobody should be afraid of rejection...it happens to everybody.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Not really afraid to talk to them...But wtf do you say? All they did was smile.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Pug
Team Camel, VP for Zaino

Originally Posted by r0dxx
But wtf do you say?
"Don't I know you from somewhere?"

Then throw out someplace where you went that she might be impressed by. For example, a concert, a good school, some exotic foreign locale . . . you get the idea.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:29 PM
Luke 1:37

Originally Posted by Pug

Then throw out someplace where you went that she might be impressed by. For example, a concert, a good school, some exotic foreign locale . . . you get the idea.
This is probably your safest way to break the ice.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:36 PM
is learning to moonwalk i

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Pug

"Didn't I see you on the beach in Cannes? You were in a white bikini on a red towel and I waved to you from my 80' yacht, since the 140' was in dry dock."

Works every time.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:57 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Old 02-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
As you get vey close, say within 3-4 steps of each other, slow your walk and turn your head and eyes slightly towards her (showing her SHE is the SOLE object of you intention) and increase your smile from casual to welcoming. The ol -eyes bigger, tilt head and smile with teeth showing works well here.
Stop after she passes you and you realize you were both smiling warmly
Immediatly Turn around and look towards her
If she is walking away- go back to your business

If she is interested, she will turn her head back to see if you are smart enough to have caught the smile and be enjoying the rear view. She may have even stopped and is looking at your rear view now~

To keep her Ego intact, if you are not looking at her, she wasnt interested in you anyway and continues on her way to snare they next prey.

When you are both looking and smile again when you see each other, simply approach and say "Hello, I think you have a wonderful energy- do you have time for a coffee or lunch?"
She can take it from there, say "Im flattered but I have a ,,,."
You say, thats a lucky man, I hope he knows that! She will really be flattered and who knows- the fake boyfriend may disappear. Women have to weed out the total flakes- its a game and they change the rules just as soon as you learn one!
Or she will give you time with her now, or her number and a committment to a time you are going to have lunch or whatever and get to know her....

If you look and she doesn't, you get to check of the view and decide she was too big small wide narrow for your taste anyway.
Happy Hunting
From an old married guy who watches human interactions
Flirting is legal in all 50 states
Old 02-05-2008, 05:36 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
As you get vey close, say within 3-4 steps of each other, slow your walk and turn your head and eyes slightly towards her (showing her SHE is the SOLE object of you intention) and increase your smile from casual to welcoming. The ol -eyes bigger, tilt head and smile with teeth showing works well here.

If she is interested, she will turn her head back to see if you are smart enough to have caught the smile and be enjoying the rear view. She may have even stopped and is looking at your rear view now~

To keep her Ego intact, if you are not looking at her, she wasnt interested in you anyway and continues on her way to snare they next prey.

When you are both looking and smile again when you see each other, simply approach and say "Hello, I think you have a wonderful energy- do you have time for a coffee or lunch?"
You say, thats a lucky man, I hope he knows that! She will really be flattered and who knows- the fake boyfriend may disappear. Women have to weed out the total flakes- its a game and they change the rules just as soon as you learn one!
Or she will give you time with her now, or her number and a committment to a time you are going to have lunch or whatever and get to know her....

If you look and she doesn't, you get to check of the view and decide she was too big small wide narrow for your taste anyway.
Happy Hunting
Interesting...

If anyone ever told me they thought I have a wonderful energy I would punch them square in the face....but that's just me.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Happy Hunting

Awesome advice...Thanks bro! I think I've done the turn around thing...But I lack the balls to walk over in a day-time sober atmosphere. At a club with a Grey Goose in my hand, I'd talk to her before she even smiled at me haha. I can't see my self saying the energy line, but i could definitely figure out something to say...Like you look familiar, where you at blah blah...

Just to add to the topic...

Outside of my class today, there is a little kiosk that sells drinks/snacks. I was waiting in line, and all the sudden see this hot chick stand right behind me. She goes to me "Your shoes are untied!" (pretending to mock a little kid) and I looked at her and smiled. I was like "Ya, I'm too lazy to fix them right now, and I'm in a rush" she's like "Me too". Then she says "Are you in this class?", I said "Ya" then she was asking me about how I did on the last test...I got a 70 she got a 60 so we both did bad. I was kinda standing there waiting for her but she was doing all this coffee stuff (getting sugars, straws, napkins, etc) and I felt awkward standing there so I just went into the class like an asshat. There is about 250 people in my class, so I lost her in the shuffle.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Outside of my class today, there is a little kiosk that sells drinks/snacks. I was waiting in line, and all the sudden see this hot chick stand right behind me. She goes to me "Your shoes are untied!" (pretending to mock a little kid) and I looked at her and smiled. I was like "Ya, I'm too lazy to fix them right now, and I'm in a rush" she's like "Me too". Then she says "Are you in this class?", I said "Ya" then she was asking me about how I did on the last test...I got a 70 she got a 60 so we both did bad. I was kinda standing there waiting for her but she was doing all this coffee stuff (getting sugars, straws, napkins, etc) and I felt awkward standing there so I just went into the class like an asshat. There is about 250 people in my class, so I lost her in the shuffle.
Hah, it probably seemed like a half hour, but it couldn't have taken that long. You gotta wait it out and sit with her in class, and keep that conversation going. Even better, keep talking to her as she's getting her stuff together then walk to class.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Kang Ho

interesting advice. I think I should try this when I'm out and about.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:48 PM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
stop putting the pussy on a pedestal
Old 02-05-2008, 06:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by DoubleSh0t
Hah, it probably seemed like a half hour, but it couldn't have taken that long. You gotta wait it out and sit with her in class, and keep that conversation going. Even better, keep talking to her as she's getting her stuff together then walk to class.
It always seems easier after...I'm not bad talking to girls...I don't really freeze up, but I might just go blank/or say stupid things. I should have atleast said "I'll see you in class" or something, but I just left and went into class like a tool.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:08 PM
I disagree with unanimity

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
tell her there is something in stuck in her teeth
seriously, the worst she could say is no.
you can't be a pussy your whole life
Old 02-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

her:
You: Hey what's your name?

You'll get either...
her: why do you want to know??? or My name is ******.

You should say...
You: Askin' because there's a party going on at my place... (if you live with parents) Askin' because there's a party going on this ******* at ****** if you want to go...

She will either say...
her: Whateva... (which means it was a waste of your time... you'll do better next time though) or Yeah sure...

You: whats you number so that I can give you a call (or can sub for Holla at you) whichever style you are...

has worked for me... as long as there is a party... if there isn't... then you don't need to call her... you still have time to either plan one or find one if you say this or next weekend...

Be CONFIDENT!!!

:darksom1:
Old 02-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
or you can just rent a white van and wait for her in the parking lot
Old 02-05-2008, 07:36 PM
intelligentsia

Location: Land of cheap vodka, hot girls, and great nightlife
Originally Posted by Pug

HAHAHA I was told by a girl this weekend that hardly ever works. If a girl smiles at you say hi I guess.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
sometime if a girl smile at you it doesn't mean that she think you're hot or interested in you, she just being nice/polite.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:13 PM
werd

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Happy Hunting

Sorry dude, this isn't going to work for a young or inexperienced guy. WAY too much to think about.

Also, telling a girl you don't know "That's a lucky man, I hope he knows that!" is crap and an outright lie. This girl could have herpes and heaps of baggage. And telling a girl she has a wonderful energy is plain gay. That only works on hairy hippy chicks - not big breasted bombshells.

Let's not worry about what we can do to make a girl like us. First of all, every girl is different and without knowing too much about her you'll never be able have an upper hand on this. Other than stuff like working out, wearing clean/cool clothes, and being financially independent, saying lame or canned stuff to get a girl to dig you is pointless.

Good looking women have been getting hit on since they hit puberty. These games are only good for the most insecure women that are only going to be a headache anyway.

If you really want success with women the only way to do it consistently for most guys is practice, practice, practice. Not because there's some magical secret that comes with practice but because you'll get over your own ego and social awkwardness.

If you hit on a girl with the sole intention of just having sex with her and only focus on that you'll create your own delusions. Say hello to a girl and get to know her. If you want to cut it short and/or you don't have that much time to talk, ask her for her number and say "I have to go." Playing these games doesn't necessarily communicate interest. It can be misconstrued as you being lame and dishonest with yourself. It takes balls and comfort to tell a girl "hey listen, I just noticed you and wanted to meet you. I'm Warren, what's your name?" And then following that up with "well, I'm sorry to cut this short but I have to go, give me your number. I'll call your phone so you can have mine. **do it right then and there, this is the age of cellphones** You'll know when I call." The End. Just say bye and walk off. Don't linger or wait for her to take charge and tell YOU goodbye (you're the man, remember).

If she liked your look and your cool and calm demeanor then there is no reason she would not give you her number. She may even have a bf and STILL give you her number because she has a bf of convenience and he's not really interesting. If she doesn't give it to you so what. No one's going to give a shit. Get over your ego. There will be another attractive girl within eyesight in just a matter of minutes.

The way to pull off the cool/calm demeanor is to practice, fall on your ass, feel like an idiot, and then get over it. That is called being a man and not a whiny girl. Again, whining is for little girls, not you. You'll eventually realize that even though you were rejected it was NOT the end of the world. The sky didn't fall and your dick didn't fall off. So 100 approaches later you won't really give a shit if a girl rejects you because you're just trying to meet her to say hello and find out if she's interesting. In addition to that, out of these 100 or so approaches, you WILL have some success. Focus on the positive results and not the negative results and you'll be even more motivated.

Sex is really irrelevant if she's psychotic, drug crazy, or diseased.

I think the reason the OP doesn't know how to handle these situations is due to a lack of experience. If the OP wants to never have to think about this situation again he's going to have to force himself to approach more often. Don't hesitate.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:15 PM
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Happy Hunting
Interesting, I'll have to try that sometime. Except the energy line, cause thats just cheesy as fuck
Old 02-05-2008, 09:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by THTL
sometime if a girl smile at you it doesn't mean that she think you're hot or interested in you, she just being nice/polite.
Ehh there is a slight difference between just a smile, and a smile when they are eyeing you down.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by spooky3ce
her:
You: Hey what's your name?

You'll get either...
her: why do you want to know??? or My name is ******.

You should say...
You: Askin' because there's a party going on at my place... (if you live with parents) Askin' because there's a party going on this ******* at ****** if you want to go...

She will either say...
her: Whateva... (which means it was a waste of your time... you'll do better next time though) or Yeah sure...

You: whats you number so that I can give you a call (or can sub for Holla at you) whichever style you are...

has worked for me... as long as there is a party... if there isn't... then you don't need to call her... you still have time to either plan one or find one if you say this or next weekend...

Be CONFIDENT!!!

:darksom1:
I was actually coaching my boy at Chilis 2 weeks ago. Our waitress was hot as @#$! and he really liked her. I told him to say:

Him: What are you doing this weekend?
Her: Uhh, what is this weekend?
Him: My friend (me) is having a party...Do you want to come?
Her: Yeah, that would be cool.
Him: Cool, what's your # ill call you this weekend
Her: Let me get a pen to write it down...
Him: ok
Her: Here, I'll talk to you later

Worked out pretty good they are still talking...And I didnt have a party lol...But he just told her I wasn't having it and they did something else
Old 02-05-2008, 10:59 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SRK85
HAHAHA I was told by a girl this weekend that hardly ever works. If a girl smiles at you say hi I guess.
You know what man...everytime I see that Dorky ass avatar I just laugh. Then I read what you said and I can't take you serious...please don't ever change that...
Old 02-05-2008, 11:03 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by amisconception
If you really want success with women the only way to do it consistently for most guys is practice, practice, practice. Not because there's some magical secret that comes with practice but because you'll get over your own ego and social awkwardness.

If you hit on a girl with the sole intention of just having sex with her and only focus on that you'll create your own delusions. Say hello to a girl and get to know her..............The way to pull off the cool/calm demeanor is to practice, fall on your ass, feel like an idiot, and then get over it. That is called being a man and not a whiny girl. Again, whining is for little girls, not you. You'll eventually realize that even though you were rejected it was NOT the end of the world. The sky didn't fall and your dick didn't fall off. So 100 approaches later you won't really give a shit if a girl rejects you because you're just trying to meet her to say hello and find out if she's interesting. In addition to that, out of these 100 or so approaches, you WILL have some success. Focus on the positive results and not the negative results and you'll be even more motivated.
I copied and pasted this because that is what I would have said...now I don't have to...I love this teamwork shit!
Old 02-06-2008, 08:36 AM
intelligentsia

Originally Posted by darksom1
You know what man...everytime I see that Dorky ass avatar I just laugh. Then I read what you said and I can't take you serious...please don't ever change that...
What my avatar and yea I'm hardly ever serious.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Pug
Team Camel, VP for Zaino

Or your fly is open
Old 02-06-2008, 01:34 PM
Back in a TL again.

Old 02-06-2008, 03:06 PM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
It doesn't work unless you use three exclamation points.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:24 PM
intelligentsia

Originally Posted by Scottman111
It doesn't work unless you use three exclamation points.
Thats only in cases of typing
Old 02-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Suzuka Master

True, but if a girl is smiling at you to be polite (which no one does anymore) maybe she's friendly enough that you don't have to be the hottest thing in the world for her to be interested in you. If you are nice back and say the right things then she just might become interested in you.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:00 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Thats only in cases of typing
The only good thing about your typing is that I have proof that yo ass exists! Otherwise, no one would believe me!
Old 02-06-2008, 08:37 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Let's say your out...For example at the Mall and you walk by a beautiful girl and she is totally eyeing you down and smiles at you. Obviously you smile back...But anything else? Alot of times I'll have a girl walk by and I totally think it was wasted potential. Most likely she smiled cause she thought you we're cute/hot/etc. I'm not referring to 75 y/o's that give you the smile...I'm referring to young girls who eye-f$%@ the s%@# out of you (wedding crashers style).

I always just keep walking...Keep in mind they are walking the opposite direction, so by the time I even comprehend the smile, she is already walking past me. Is there anything to do about this? I was always thinking to myself WTF would happen if I turned around, stopped, and talked to the girl. Would it amount to anything? OR just be awkward as hell? What do you say? Do you tap them on the shoulder, and say "Hey you just smiled at me, want to get dinner tonight?"

Haha, what do you do? Just brush it off and keep walking, and take it as a ego steroid injection, or make something of it?
The painful truth?

- Your ass looks broke
- She looked up and was scared by your face so she started laughing inside
- You're dressed all whack
- She tried to eye your package but when she saw there was no bulge she LOLd to herself

hehe....
Old 02-06-2008, 08:46 PM

Received 2,779 Likes on 1,980 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike 350Z
True, but if a girl is smiling at you to be polite (which no one does anymore) maybe she's friendly enough that you don't have to be the hottest thing in the world for her to be interested in you. If you are nice back and say the right things then she just might become interested in you.

yea i highly doubt that, girls smile all the time at me on campus

Quick Reply: She smiles what do you do?