Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

She Hasnt Called Me Back!!

Old 06-08-2006, 06:40 PM
is learning to moonwalk i

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PimpCL23
i got the job i went for...
What is the new job? Will there be lots of hot women there?
Old 06-08-2006, 06:52 PM
ITS ALL ABOUT THE GLOW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two Words Fawking Skirts
Old 06-08-2006, 07:07 PM
I'm back, biatch.

Originally Posted by Teh Snaps
Two Words Fawking Skirts
misogynists UNITE!
Old 06-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Banned

Sorry to hear this is happening to you. My guess is that her family convinced her that having a boyfriend or having you as a boyfriend isn't a good idea, and that she's too scared and upset to tell you.

It's just bizarre that you guys having been going out for a year, but then again, this whole story sounds a little bizarre. Is her family religious? Are you two the same ethnicity?
Old 06-08-2006, 07:42 PM
drop em like its hot

are you indian as well? if the answer no, i am almost sure that she is under pressure from her family to break it off with you. contrary to what many think a good amount of americanized indian people still do practice their caste system to a certain extent... especially more so if they are of higher caste. if this is the case the parents would want their kids to marry into their caste... so you see the issue

good luck man. sucks to be in your situation but what the hell, you got a new job take it as a new beginning. women come and go
Old 06-08-2006, 07:48 PM
I'm here in spirit...

Originally Posted by jlukja
The weekend is coming. Drive to Fresno. You need to know. She's either injured or she needs to tell you to your face whats wrong. You need closure one way or another.
I couldn't agree more. Sorry to hear about this. Been there, done that.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:10 PM
contrarian in fashion

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
we are the same ethnicity.. her family is a bit religous but not to the point where they are crazy about it
Old 06-08-2006, 10:12 PM
contrarian in fashion

Originally Posted by moeronn
What is the new job? Will there be lots of hot women there?
im an office tech at a high school... women being there... i dont think so. unless you want me to get arrested
Old 06-08-2006, 10:44 PM
Banned

Well, I'd have to say no matter what happened, there's no excuse for this, unless something really horrible happened to her. You two have been dating for a year. It's immature, inconsiderate and just plain mean. I suggest you make sure she's physically unharmed, and then move on.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:47 PM
On the way!

Originally Posted by TLover
Well, I'd have to say no matter what happened, there's no excuse for this, unless something really horrible happened to her. You two have been dating for a year. It's immature, inconsiderate and just plain mean. I suggest you make sure she's physically unharmed, and then move on.
Agreed - 100%
Old 06-09-2006, 05:48 AM
LOLZ McCain Sux

I think we need some back story. How old is this chick that her parents influence her so much? No chick gets influenced out of a relationship unless she wants out and uses that as an excuse. Her not calling you is making you cry? Man fuck that that may be the problem right there, you might be a softy. I mean I know shit sucks but crying is not going to help and you are 24 fuck that shit it's not your wife so fuck it.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:53 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 71 Likes on 28 Posts
naw man... shes in college.. she goes to Fresno State

and her parents are a bit ify about her having a BF but her mom tolerates me i guess.

I really think her parents talked her out of the relationship. Some people are greatly influenced by their parents especially if their opinion is very important to her and maybe she's one of them. Still, it is inconsiderate and spineless for her to pull a disappearing act.

I totally understand how confused and hurt you are right now. I'm sure you want to hear from her but you can't do anything if she turned off her phone and not returning your calls/text messages. Have you tried sending her an e-mail? Just start off by saying how worried you are and then ask her if something is wrong.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:51 AM
That's Racist

I say give it til' this weekend for her to call.

and like someone said. Check to make sure she is physically okay, then just get the fuck outta there.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:33 PM
contrarian in fashion

UPDATE:

She finally called me this morning 830am.... she said that when she got to the airport, her family (aunt and cousins) were waiting for her.. thus she couldnt call... when she was on her way to her cousins house her fone fell out and was left in the car... her aunt had to mail it back to her when she got to fresno. she said that she was sorry and she misses me and loves me..

then she also goes on to tell me that she has something to tell me that i might not like.. she said shell tell me later (cause she was at the supermarket shopping for her mom)

maaaaannnnn now what!!!!????!!!!
i hope its nothing serious
Old 06-09-2006, 12:36 PM
contrarian in fashion

Originally Posted by JJ4Short
I think we need some back story. How old is this chick that her parents influence her so much? No chick gets influenced out of a relationship unless she wants out and uses that as an excuse. Her not calling you is making you cry? Man fuck that that may be the problem right there, you might be a softy. I mean I know shit sucks but crying is not going to help and you are 24 fuck that shit it's not your wife so fuck it.
well she 20
her parents are a big influence on her... but im hoping its not that
me being a softy... hmmmm.. no... i went to jail for beating someones ass... i was just worried bout her (never cared for someone so much before)
Old 06-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Pro

UPDATE:

She finally called me this morning 830am.... she said that when she got to the airport, her family (aunt and cousins) were waiting for her.. thus she couldnt call... when she was on her way to her cousins house her fone fell out and was left in the car... her aunt had to mail it back to her when she got to fresno. she said that she was sorry and she misses me and loves me..

then she also goes on to tell me that she has something to tell me that i might not like.. she said shell tell me later (cause she was at the supermarket shopping for her mom)

Glad to hear that she finally called. I hope the news isn't as bad as you think? Did you find out why she seemed so irritated at the airport when you said "I love you"?
Old 06-09-2006, 12:42 PM
contrarian in fashion

Originally Posted by s_jack
Glad to hear that she finally called. I hope the news isn't as bad as you think? Did you find out why she seemed so irritated at the airport when you said "I love you"?
i asked her about that and she said that she was just irritated with her brother and her mom....
Old 06-09-2006, 12:53 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 71 Likes on 28 Posts
UPDATE:

Good to know nothing bad happened to her. Hopefully, what she'll tell you isn't as bad as you think.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:54 PM
I'm here in spirit...

UPDATE:

Good luck! I'm glad she called though. Still seems pretty lame that she never called you from somewhere else just to let you know what was going on. Hopfully "the news" she has won't be too bad but something tells me it's not going to be good. Keep your head up!
Old 06-09-2006, 01:00 PM
I love cars!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i dont get it.. on saturday... she said that she "loved me, missed me, and cant wait to get back home so we could talk like we used to"

im trying not to think of the worst... but what to do?????
Why not just go to her house? What type of girlfriend can't you visit, especially if you're 20-freakin'-4 years old? Is she legal?

I can't see ANY reason for someone to ever reply to "I love you" with "I HEARD YOU THE FIRST TIME!" That would've been the last straw. But then to ignore you and have family ignore you, TOO? IF you've called the home number and no answer, the cell and no reply, c'mon. Get over her already.

But Always Dirty may be better, more sensitive advice for you.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:04 PM
I love cars!

Originally Posted by dom
Am I the only one that thinks this is/was a weird relationship?

Mom was happy yo hear from him on her b-day, but doesn't want him to know where they live? And these are ADULTS we're talking about!
Old 06-09-2006, 01:04 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by fast-tl
Why not just go to her house? What type of girlfriend can't you visit, especially if you're 20-freakin'-4 years old? Is she legal?

I can't see ANY reason for someone to ever reply to "I love you" with "I HEARD YOU THE FIRST TIME!" That would've been the last straw. But then to ignore you and have family ignore you, TOO? IF you've called the home number and no answer, the cell and no reply, c'mon. Get over her already.

But Always Dirty may be better, more sensitive advice for you.
there are many fish in the sea...if she was worried about you at all she would have called from someone elses line to let you know she was okay..
Old 06-09-2006, 01:08 PM
Banned

UPDATE:

Glad to hear that she's at least OK. But there's definitely something more going on here. If she wanted to, she could've -- and should've -- called you sooner. She's avoiding telling you something, which you already mentioned. Be prepared for the worst. Good luck.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:25 PM
I love cars!

Unless she's under 24/7 guard (unlikley for a college student) they are literally HUNDREDS of phones she could've called from. Why didn't she call when her phone came in the mail. Why didn't she check her VM remotely while her phone was lost. Did Mom give her your message?
Old 06-09-2006, 01:29 PM
Pro

i asked her about that and she said that she was just irritated with her brother and her mom....
Good!!!
Old 06-09-2006, 01:39 PM
contrarian in fashion

Originally Posted by fast-tl
Unless she's under 24/7 guard (unlikley for a college student) they are literally HUNDREDS of phones she could've called from. Why didn't she call when her phone came in the mail. Why didn't she check her VM remotely while her phone was lost. Did Mom give her your message?
thats what im going to find out when i get to speak to her again
Old 06-09-2006, 01:53 PM
Suzuka Master

As the skeptics have already said, why couldn't she have called you from someone else's phone? That's a rediculous excuse. And saying "I HEARD YOU THE FIRST TIME" is a definite sign that she's weirded out by something. It's obvious she doesnt have ovaries to speak what's on her mind.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
She was fucking someone else.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:14 PM
I'm here in spirit...

I bet she got drunk at the wedding party and made out with some guy but thats it. Still a deal breaker in my book.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:18 PM
3 the Hard Way

All the signs are there that things will never be the same for y'all. As a lot of people said, if she really wanted to get in contact with you, she would've and could've. I'm only an 80's baby, but people nowadays act like no one communicated b4 cell phones, sheesh. You're not wanting to face the obvious fact that she's acting real out of character and it may be a wrap for y'all.

I know it's hard to come to grips with. When I broke up with my ex, the signs where there that things were coming to an end. We both could've deaded it sooner but we kept dodging reality.

STOP DODGING B!
Old 06-09-2006, 02:22 PM
The hair says it all

Be ready to walk away from this relationship, even if she didn't cheat (which I think she has) it sounds so drama filled that it can't be fun
Old 06-09-2006, 02:24 PM
LOLZ McCain Sux

thats what im going to find out when i get to speak to her again

Don't ask her shit and don't call her for a while, have her call you. If you ask her it's going to go like this...

"So why didn't you call me from another phone"
Her: "What's the big deal! I already told you why I didn't call my phone was gone!"

I wouldn't believe this chick and just because you went to jail doesn't make you not soft. Cause you are soft, soft may not be a bad thing but crying over a chick...BOOOOOOOO. We all have our soft moments and I from experience have learned that will drive a girl away the fastest. Asking questions and saying I love you a bunch of times gets annoying especially at your age.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:26 PM
Pro

I know that this is lame, but I do not know a single person's phone number by heart; therefore, if my cell phone died I would not be able to contact anyone even if I were standing right next to a phone.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:29 PM
Suzuka Master

^^Yeah, that's pretty lame. Especially if you've been dating for a year.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by s_jack
I know that this is lame, but I do not know a single person's phone number by heart; therefore, if my cell phone died I would not be able to contact anyone even if I were standing right next to a phone.
I wouldnt be able to call my mom if I needed to.

But me dialing my boyfriend's number by memory is hit or miss...and Rachael knows what Im talking about
Old 06-09-2006, 02:41 PM
The hair says it all

Originally Posted by SakiGT
I wouldnt be able to call my mom if I needed to.

But me dialing my boyfriend's number by memory is hit or miss...and Rachael knows what Im talking about
im sure you know her email or at least someplace online you could find it
Old 06-09-2006, 03:00 PM
08 MDX with Sports

Cliff note please, whats going on whos crying and whos the woman in the relationship...
Old 06-09-2006, 03:02 PM
contrarian in fashion

Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
I bet she got drunk at the wedding party and made out with some guy but thats it. Still a deal breaker in my book.
she doesnt drink.. and her brother always keeps an eye on her
Old 06-09-2006, 03:07 PM
contrarian in fashion

Originally Posted by Newplay1
Cliff note please, whats going on whos crying and whos the woman in the relationship...
only cried cause i thought she might be injured.. in which case no one would be able to contact me to tell me...

now im just straight pissed!
Old 06-09-2006, 03:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess I'm just one of those strange people that remembers phone numbers very easily and retains them for ages. Especially when it's girlfriends' or family members' numbers. Those are important.

Quick Reply: She Hasnt Called Me Back!!