Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Ode To The Nice Guy

Old 07-05-2010, 01:16 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,431 Posts
Originally Posted by CL-Slick
csmeance has some awesome advice in which I have taken to heart!
I don't know if it's the few horrid experiences I've had in the past few months, but what I wrote before sounds like a bout of me pulling fairy tales out of my ass. But all honesty, being nice just gets you screwed over. People walk over you and your left standing like an idiot. Life isn't like the fairytale that Disney puts out, its cruel and us nice people suffer with no help from anyone else. We may have friends that stick with us when we help them, but when you need something it's "sorry, your problem'' In all honesty screw all of it and just have fun with life!

Don't worry about the past, the present or the future, just go with it.

Sorry for my rant/rambling, just pissed right now and needed to vent.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
Originally Posted by gypsygirl
Banned. Completely. Praise the Mods!!!!! Only to be remembered as the biggest fluffster ever in time. Lol. If you only knew the real Darksom... things are not always as they seem.

...yes...alone.

Speaking of douche... He's still trying.

How did I miss this little gem?
Old 07-05-2010, 02:48 PM
Work work...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stop being a nice guy..
Old 07-05-2010, 09:49 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
No?

I'd rather stay single and be myself than act differently just to get the girl. Cliche, I know, but true
Old 07-05-2010, 11:45 PM
Drifting

Received 212 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
I don't know if it's the few horrid experiences I've had in the past few months, but what I wrote before sounds like a bout of me pulling fairy tales out of my ass. But all honesty, being nice just gets you screwed over. People walk over you and your left standing like an idiot. Life isn't like the fairytale that Disney puts out, its cruel and us nice people suffer with no help from anyone else. We may have friends that stick with us when we help them, but when you need something it's "sorry, your problem'' In all honesty screw all of it and just have fun with life!

Don't worry about the past, the present or the future, just go with it.

Sorry for my rant/rambling, just pissed right now and needed to vent.
+1

nice doesnt get you anywhere PERIOD. its survival of the fittest, the cunning.

once you learn to accept that reality everything just starts to makes sense and you live a better life.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Old Man Yelling at Clouds

Received 7,362 Likes on 3,906 Posts
Originally Posted by sixsixfour
+1

nice doesnt get you anywhere PERIOD. its survival of the fittest, the cunning.

once you learn to accept that reality everything just starts to makes sense and you live a better life.
"Survival of the fittest" to do what? You make it sound like the only objective a man should have is to go from one meaningless physical relationship to the next. That's a convenience young men have. Doesn't work so well when you get north of 40. Odds are you'll just be aging and alone. However if that's what you want (and there are many that do), then your advice is spot on.

Life is full of risk and reward. Those that risk little, typically gain little. "Bad guys" risk next to nothing in relationships. So on one hand, yes they are least prone to getting hurt or jacked around by a women and from that standpoint will appear to have more fun. The flip side to that is they'll never have more than a superficial relationship. Tragedy is many of them will think they have more, but they won't.

Good guys loose a lot because they risk more. They trust more and risk being vulnerable. Of course that opens you up to tougher bad times, but also opens you up to some great good times. You can actually have a real relationship. And just because you are a good guy doesn't mean you have to be naive. It can work. Does all the time.

Men can aroach this any way they want - depends what they are after. Just don't act one way and expect to get the benefits of the other.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:13 PM
Great. Now he's loose.

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Hi Louder! Wonderful to see you again, you good guy. I hope you and your lovely wife of what, seventeen years or something, are doing well. My best wishes as always, and I want one just like you...or Terry, as everyone already knows. lol
Old 07-06-2010, 11:24 PM
Great. Now he's loose.

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by svtmike

How did I miss this little gem?
Like that one?

Still true once in a while. Just got an e-mail today. Uuuugh..... relentless.....
Old 07-06-2010, 11:40 PM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
is this an ODE to gay guys?? lmaoo
Old 07-07-2010, 12:45 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
GG glad to see ur still around
Old 07-07-2010, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by gypsygirl
Hi Louder! Wonderful to see you again, you good guy. I hope you and your lovely wife of what, seventeen years or something, are doing well. My best wishes as always, and I want one just like you...or Terry, as everyone already knows. lol
Hi GG. Actually, we hit the big 20 year mark this summer.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Safety Car

Received 214 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by doopstr
Lol, so this is saying that nice guys end up with the worked over whores? These women usually go with the nice guy because they have a stable income. Once married they suck the guy dry and cheat on him.
oh really now?

and I think there's kind of a line you have to draw when it comes to being a nice guy. I was once so nice and attentive, etc. that I seemed to attract all the obnoxious twats that noticed me. I'd come across girls who were taken in by my nice guy attitude, say they fell for me, but then a few months into it, she's randomly starting bitchfests with me "just to prove a point." This happened with 2 girls in a row... almost 3. Those girls were pretty batshit crazy, though.

So in my case, I would say nice guys finish last in the sense that there's a very good chance a nice guy will end up with a dumbass psycho girl. You know, kind of like a reversal of all those relationships you hear about where some really awesome girl winds up with some total dipshit guy. I know that even to this day, I come across some real basket case girls who take a real liking to me because I'm a bit of a nice guy.

I actually came across an article where they touched on this topic. The author concluded that women like asshole guys because they know exactly how to push and pull (when to be an asshole, when to try and patch things up, butter her up, etc). Like they know exactly how long to wait after a dickish moment, before they call her back and try to pick things up. I dunno, just something to think about I guess.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Turd Polisher

Received 3,017 Likes on 1,515 Posts
Originally Posted by Blazin Si
I think most nice guys are so afraid of being rejected that they play it safe and end up in the friend zone. That's the last place you want to be.

The hardest part is breaking out of your shell (it was for me). Be rude, be dismissive but at the same time try to win over her friends and always leave on your own terms. Make her feel as if you have something more important to do than stand around and talk to her. Try to appear to be the alpha male of whatever group you're in. Just like how the hottest girl in high school always seems to date the star football player. Then when you know you have her attention, don't screw it by buying her things and becoming nice. Girls always say they want a nice guy, but from what I've learned, they want that dominant asshole that they can later turn into the nice guy. It's a big game. When you find the one that you can see yourself being with and it turns into a relationship, then you can do the mushy stuff that couples do.

The harsh reality is, you're really trying to do is see what the girl is like in bed. Some guys might not agree that it's the best way to go about it. They're also the ones that only get laid a couple times a year and get to listen to girls talk about how much of an asshole their boyfriend is. All the while you're wishing you were him.
This.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Rapture
So in my case, I would say nice guys finish last in the sense that there's a very good chance a nice guy will end up with a dumbass psycho girl. You know, kind of like a reversal of all those relationships you hear about where some really awesome girl winds up with some total dipshit guy. I know that even to this day, I come across some real basket case girls who take a real liking to me because I'm a bit of a nice guy.
I think your example points more towards someones self-esteem, not really whether a guy is nice or bad. A nice guy with low self esteem is probably the walking definition of a doormat. But a nice guy with decent self esteem is going to do what you did - recognize the crazy when it happens and get out.

So maybe that's where this all leads - it's not so much that nice guys finish last (because they don't), but nice guys who are also gullible with self esteem issues probably do fit the stereotype.