Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Nice Guy Syndrome

Old 09-24-2003, 04:09 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Nice Guy Syndrome

Ok, fess up here boys:

How many of you guys have fallen into the 'nice guy' syndrome. I was on the border of that label back when I was 19 but my best friend saved me from the date-less, sex-less hell that is being labeled the 'nice guy'. For all guys who are not sure, ask yourself these questions:

Round 1.
Have you ever spoken to a girl you wanted to fuck for more than 1/2 an hour on the phone more than 3 times in a row?

If your answer was yes:
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAA I would love to see some proof you got that pussy. Odds are you just entered the void of 'conversational hell'. This will only lead to her calling you to tell you about all the guys she likes and wants to date. You then get to hear about all the dates she goes on as the anger (and blue balls) twist you up inside knowing it's near impossible to shift the relationship back to one where you the guy nailing her.

If your answer was no:
Play on playa!. Proceed to round 2.

Round 2.
Have you ever found yourself going out with a girl for more than three dates without making a move?

If your answer was yes:
AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Chances are your fourth date will be spent going shopping with her. Welcome to BEING HER FRIEND. Look forward to long phone calls (see above) and helping her pick out her dress for the prom that SOME OTHER GUY will be taking her too and putting his hand up.

If your answer was no:
Oh hell yeah, all guys know you need to 'get in the ring' and let her know you mean business and want a relationship not a fucking friendship.

Round 3.
Have you ever gone to make the move on a chick only to be told 'I thought you were my friend?'

If your answer was yes:
Take gun, place in mouth, and shoot. Your chances of nailing this girl are about as good as Britney Spears proving she is a a virgin. Don't pro-long the agony by calling her ever again. If you wanted her as a girlfriend and you got that 'friend' line, you have FAILED my friend. Just go home, if your at dinner, make her pay.

If your answer was no:
Phew! Getting the 'friend' line is the equivalence of a death sentence!

Round 4.
Have you ever been told by a girl you wanted to date, while on a date 'Oh ________ you are such a nice guy'. Followed by a sheepish smile and a 'hug'.

If your answer was yes:
Hi, welcome aboard the sex-less sucker bus. Please fasten your seat-belt and spread your leg for a castration. You my friend have failed at getting this chick to be wet over you. There is still a slim chance you will turn this around but if your reading this question, and answered yes to the above 3, you my friend are hopeless.

If your answer was no:
Play the fuck on playa, move on that ass and make it yours!

Round 5.
Ok so it's your first date and your trying to impress her so you shower up, go get a flower or two and clean up the ride for a night on the town. You OPEN every door for her, you push in her seat for her when she sits for dinner, you pay for everything and treat her like she was the queen fucking mary. You talk about everything she wants to talk about and you nervously drivel and putter your way through the date. You tell her things like 'I never cheated on my g/f's of the past and you openly discuss and listen to all her ex's and their problems.

If you read the above article and thought: Yeah, that's me...
You my friend have just bought yourself a BRAND NEW FREE HANDJOB! That you can conveniently give to yourself later on that night cuz you ain't getting shit. Oh, expect the calls and shopping trips too. At this point just cross over to the other side and start dating me cuz this pussy just fell out from under you.

If you read the above article and thought: What a fag....
Yeah, don't talk about the ex, don't lie and make yourself seem all prim and proper and chivalrous. Just act natural playa and do what's right (open some doors, push in a chair now and then) but overdoing it will leave you fucking yourself later.

Advice to come: Let's see who is honest here.
Old 09-24-2003, 05:42 AM
Who am I?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i talked to a chick for mad long on the phone... back when i was 15... and i nailed her... i even had it on tape..... WO WOO FOR THE OLD PANASONIC PVDV400... but all the other shit you say is right.... many a nice guy nowadays gets no ass
Old 09-24-2003, 06:08 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by thatguy
i talked to a chick for mad long on the phone... back when i was 15... and i nailed her... i even had it on tape..... WO WOO FOR THE OLD PANASONIC PVDV400... but all the other shit you say is right.... many a nice guy nowadays gets no ass
AHAHAHA

You my friend are an advanced playa if you turned that around and nailed it. You are in the 1% of guys that can pull that off.
Old 09-24-2003, 06:19 AM
Race Director

this is some funny stuff.

but then this isnt always true, i love a guy that will hold intelligent conversations with me. i need some brains to go with the looks you know.
Old 09-24-2003, 06:23 AM
Drifting

OOO SHIT this describes me too the TEE!!!! hehe jk. even tho its has been a month since i got any. :/
Old 09-24-2003, 06:33 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by SilviaGTO
this is some funny stuff.

but then this isnt always true, i love a guy that will hold intelligent conversations with me. i need some brains to go with the looks you know.
Intelligence is assumed here. The above scenarios honestly though, address more of what I would consider 'approach' to dating and how you position yourself w/ the opposite sex.
Old 09-24-2003, 06:35 AM
Race Director

true true
Old 09-24-2003, 09:00 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think i've grown enough to know now when u chick is pulling my leg. dont get my wrong, i like to have my friends. there are some chicks i wanna strictly keep my friends, but the ones i have alterior motives for wont play me for a fool... i'm all about insinuating what my motives are for a girl i meet...
Old 09-24-2003, 10:44 AM
go like hell

Originally posted by kevin79925
OOO SHIT this describes me too the TEE!!!! hehe jk. even tho its has been a month since i got any. :/
same here man
Old 09-24-2003, 11:47 AM
Safety Car

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Help me doc... I am too nice..that is my problem...but I can't be a 'dick' Edumacate me!!
Old 09-24-2003, 12:17 PM
A good use of strategery

OMG eclipse! First the letter to water-s' ex, and now this??! You, my friend, are the man! I havent read anything this funny in a while. And you know what? You're pretty accurate. There are exceptions to every rule, of course, but thats a very good "in general" observation
Old 09-24-2003, 12:20 PM
A good use of strategery

Arthur...there's a difference between being "da man" and being a dick. Tone down the "I would do anything for you" stuff, be a little aloof...chicks like a little mystery every once in a while. Don't get me wrong, too much is not a good thing, we will lose interest. But learn to tune your bad-assity, balance it with your existing nice-ness. In fact, there's also a difference between being nice and being a doormat. Aim not to be the doormat, lol.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:46 PM
Safety Car

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally posted by NetamiAccord
Arthur...there's a difference between being "da man" and being a dick. Tone down the "I would do anything for you" stuff, be a little aloof...chicks like a little mystery every once in a while. Don't get me wrong, too much is not a good thing, we will lose interest. But learn to tune your bad-assity, balance it with your existing nice-ness. In fact, there's also a difference between being nice and being a doormat. Aim not to be the doormat, lol.
Oh, I've learned to no dorrmat thing...but I think I am still a tad too nice...I need help on fine tuning the baditude (OMG did I really just say that?)
Old 09-24-2003, 01:16 PM
I Feel Too Old Here

cant say any of it sounds familiar, guess im in the clear...
Old 09-24-2003, 02:47 PM
Race Director

lol i dont think its being a bad ass as much as acting indifferent
Old 09-24-2003, 03:41 PM
Ricky: Drugs > Football

I used to be the nice guy, but it doesnt work and will never work. Yes there will be that small percent that pull it off but it will take months and have alot of obstacles.

Good thread, i love the reactions to if you said yes.

Its all about game, you gotta know what to do, it comes from experience. You start by loosing all that prim and proper shit. And women have to have game too.
Old 09-24-2003, 03:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

I use to have the nice guy syndrome, but learned real quick that it does not work and will get you nowhere
Old 09-24-2003, 04:03 PM
Race Director

i guess its true. i never went for the nice guys that liked me, and my fiance now was a total jackass to me when i first met him. hes still a jackass, just not to me now lol
Old 09-24-2003, 04:07 PM
A good use of strategery

Well, this very much explains why the vast majority of guys over the age of 18 can be such assholes, lol! Apparently the tried the "nice guy" schtick, got burned, and converted. Now, tell me this: If you pull off being a badass and the chick is interested, and y'all end up together...does the "nice guy" thing reappear at all? Or has it ceased to be?
Old 09-24-2003, 04:45 PM
Drifting

sob i need to change my ways
Old 09-24-2003, 07:15 PM
Pit Stop?

Fuck.......
Old 09-24-2003, 08:16 PM
Movin on up...

I've played the friend role..SUCKS balls...now i'm just obnoxious and tell them what i want, and if they dont want it...kick there ass to the curb!
Old 09-24-2003, 08:40 PM
///M POWER

Originally posted by Minch00
Fuck.......
lmao

i'm was almost a nice guy
Old 09-25-2003, 08:31 AM
'Cooter

but i just read yer 1st sentence...i didn't bother to read much else after that b/c it's blatently obvious i've fallen time and time again
Old 09-25-2003, 08:36 AM
'Cooter

Originally posted by eclipse23
AHAHAHA

You my friend are an advanced playa if you turned that around and nailed it. You are in the 1% of guys that can pull that off.
u know, for some reason, whenever u say 'playa,' u mysteriously morph into Steve Harvey on Apollo Night
Old 09-25-2003, 08:05 PM
A good use of strategery

ooooh, is he wearing the gold suit and fedora too??!
Old 09-26-2003, 12:24 AM
werd

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
never really done stupid shit like open doors, buy flowers, or pull chairs... but i have been walked over upon... and yes, I too had sex with a girl i spoke on the phone with for a very long time (2+ hours).
Old 09-26-2003, 09:16 AM
Moderator Alumnus

I'll admit, it happened on the last chick i met. Its a very rare occasion, but it happened. I just need to switch up the pace, and I'll be fine.
Old 09-26-2003, 10:03 AM
werd

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
it's degrading, it really is... when a girl's like "so i slept with this OTHER guy last night"... that's when you should really just hang up and never ever talk to her ever again
Old 10-12-2003, 09:20 PM
Cause stock sux.

I WAS the nice guy...Learned my lesson.

I've been on both sides of the fence...Naughty is more fun.

Now I'm only nice to my GF.

Last girl before her said I was "too nice"...LOL...whatever the fuck that means.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:25 PM
i want a bimmer =(

Originally posted by Got Rice?
I WAS the nice guy...Learned my lesson.

I've been on both sides of the fence...Naughty is more fun.

Now I'm only nice to my GF.

Last girl before her said I was "too nice"...LOL...whatever the fuck that means.
get out of here Joe!
haha

it means she wanted a bad ass...i've known the "too nice" kinda guys...and it's nothing against the guy in general, the girl is just looking for someone more agressive
Old 10-12-2003, 09:35 PM
Cause stock sux.

Originally posted by Katies99CL
get out of here Joe!
haha

it means she wanted a bad ass...i've known the "too nice" kinda guys...and it's nothing against the guy in general, the girl is just looking for someone more agressive
She told me she wanted someone "Dark, Tall, and athletic **but not sports like tennis or swimming...because I did 6 yrs varsity swimming and 3 yrs varsity tennis**...But sports like basketball"

She's dating my friend now. He's pale as hell, shorter than me, and plays no sports. Goofy looking white kid. Smart though...I will give him that.

I think I broke her mold and opened her up to someone else.

She told me "if I had asked her out during this one weekend...She woulda gone out with me." But you know...its all good. Cause my new GF is 10X hotter than her.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:44 PM
i want a bimmer =(

Originally posted by Got Rice?
She told me she wanted someone "Dark, Tall, and athletic **but not sports like tennis or swimming...because I did 6 yrs varsity swimming and 3 yrs varsity tennis**...But sports like basketball"

She's dating my friend now. He's pale as hell, shorter than me, and plays no sports. Goofy looking white kid. Smart though...I will give him that.

I think I broke her mold and opened her up to someone else.

She told me "if I had asked her out during this one weekend...She woulda gone out with me." But you know...its all good. Cause my new GF is 10X hotter than her.
hahaha..how could she not want an asian guy w/ a hot CL?? stupid girl..and i have seen your GF at shell, i think thats her right...the last weekend you were up there? she is very pretty!!
Old 10-12-2003, 09:57 PM
Drifting

women are just dumb period...they play too many fuckin stupid games. They love the aggresive jerks when they are young and they end up getting burned. "oh he cheated on me", etc. No shit bitch, like u didnt know that was coming....... Then later on in life when they finally mature up get old they look for that sweet guy they missed out on. Dumb ass bitches. I used to be the nice ass guy, now im just indifferent. I keep it movin.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:57 PM
Cause stock sux.

Originally posted by Katies99CL
hahaha..how could she not want an asian guy w/ a hot CL?? stupid girl..and i have seen your GF at shell, i think thats her right...the last weekend you were up there? she is very pretty!!
Yea...Thats her.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:59 PM
Suzuka Master

This thread ties in directly with Ladder Theory.

www.intellectualwhores.com/masterladder.html

It hasnt' steered me wrong yet.
Old 10-13-2003, 04:34 AM
Diamonds are forever...

Originally posted by ABreece
This thread ties in directly with Ladder Theory.

www.intellectualwhores.com/masterladder.html

It hasnt' steered me wrong yet.

Old 10-13-2003, 04:44 AM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Originally posted by ch1276
I use to have the nice guy syndrome, but learned real quick that it does not work and will get you nowhere
I agree. It takes a long time before anything can happen being a really nice guy. Damn it sux because even if the chick is interested in you and stuff, it can turn it to "I just want to be friends". I was like WTF.
Old 10-13-2003, 04:46 AM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Originally posted by 2001CL
I used to be the nice guy, but it doesnt work and will never work. Yes there will be that small percent that pull it off but it will take months and have alot of obstacles.

Good thread, i love the reactions to if you said yes.

Its all about game, you gotta know what to do, it comes from experience. You start by loosing all that prim and proper shit. And women have to have game too.
You probably have to be their "friend" watch them date the biggest assholes etc and have them cheat on them of course. And sit their and have them crazy, "Y do I pick the wrong ones" hahahaa.
Old 10-13-2003, 04:51 AM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Originally posted by NetamiAccord
Well, this very much explains why the vast majority of guys over the age of 18 can be such assholes, lol! Apparently the tried the "nice guy" schtick, got burned, and converted. Now, tell me this: If you pull off being a badass and the chick is interested, and y'all end up together...does the "nice guy" thing reappear at all? Or has it ceased to be?
Damn, i must be bitter nice guy, three post in a row in same topic. hahaha well it depends, I naturally am a "Nice guy". So I can back to a nice guy after sealing the deal. I have some friends that used to be a nice guy, and some of them didn't come back from the dark side. It just sad, but they figure out sometimes they just have to be that way to get girls and keep them. It doesn't make any sense at all if you think about it. Being not a nice guy is easiler because it is much easiler. You don't have to give a crap about anything generally.

Quick Reply: Nice Guy Syndrome