Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

My gf is an idiot

Old 07-09-2007, 09:56 AM
W WHIP.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
See if she sticks to what she has promised. First fuck up, consider leaving... good luck with the whole situation. Once you threw the 'ex' into all of this it made my opinions change and the fact that she's turning to him isn't good. How long did they date?
Old 07-09-2007, 12:14 PM
OMG! Oh N0ES!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They dated for a 4 months i think, but that was like 5 years ago.

She never got over him and he used her as a booty call for a while. But this stopped a few years ago and she did get over him eventually. They remained distant friends for a while, but lately have been talking a little more often.

The thing is, she doesn't try to talk to him anytime she's sober. When she's drunk however, she'll call/txt/IM him which is bad because she's a flirt when she's drunk and this looks bad to me from my point of view as her boyfriend. Who wants a gf who flirts with her ex when she's drunk and more likely to make bad decisions?

Last edited by cambo; 07-09-2007 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Race Director

yeah your gf really is an idiot.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:39 PM
W WHIP.

Yeah shit, the only thing left you can do is lock her in the house, haha which isnt exactly a good idea. I mean its going to be hard for you to keep her away from him. So you really need to sit her down and just tell her whats up and that you dont like that shes hanging out with him or having any interaction with him. Good luck with that.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:22 PM
OMG! Oh N0ES!

Originally Posted by ZeroCL
Yeah shit, the only thing left you can do is lock her in the house, haha which isnt exactly a good idea. I mean its going to be hard for you to keep her away from him. So you really need to sit her down and just tell her whats up and that you dont like that shes hanging out with him or having any interaction with him. Good luck with that.
which is also where i'm at. We've talked about it already and she knows how i feel. Her response to me is to just deal with it.

So either i get to the point where i dont want to deal with her anymore or i magically become okay with it and allow her to continue with her ways.

EDIT: i hope she caves in before i do.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Make MyTL Great Again

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by cambo
which is also where i'm at. We've talked about it already and she knows how i feel. Her response to me is to just deal with it.
Wait a second...you brought up the fact that she calls/text messages her ex boyfriend when she gets drunk...and she flirts with him...and she told you "just deal with it".

I'll say it a 2nd time. I still stand by my original post. Kick this bitch to the curb.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:38 PM
Making it Happen

Originally Posted by AdamNJ
Wait a second...you brought up the fact that she calls/text messages her ex boyfriend when she gets drunk...and she flirts with him...and she told you "just deal with it".

I'll say it a 2nd time. I still stand by my original post. Kick this bitch to the curb.
100% agree....and trust I've learned the hard way. Get the fuck out now.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:01 PM
Drifting

big deal... my gf is an idiot too
Old 07-09-2007, 07:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 71 Likes on 28 Posts

She never got over him and he used her as a booty call for a while. But this stopped a few years ago and she did get over him eventually. They remained distant friends for a while, but lately have been talking a little more often.

The thing is, she doesn't try to talk to him anytime she's sober. When she's drunk however, she'll call/txt/IM him which is bad because she's a flirt when she's drunk and this looks bad to me from my point of view as her boyfriend. Who wants a gf who flirts with her ex when she's drunk and more likely to make bad decisions?
When someone is intoxicated, his/her actions actually reveal the suppressed side. So the fact that your gf contacts her ex when she's drunk should send you a red flag. Are you sure she is over him?..

Personally, I won't tolerate a bf who flirts with an ex and will surely dump his ass.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:50 PM
Banned

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Denial isn't just a River in Africa

If she was slapping uglies with him for a while when they weren't together, how do you think she'll behave when she is intoxicated.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:51 AM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
Originally Posted by sasha
When someone is intoxicated, his/her actions actually reveal the suppressed side. So the fact that your gf contacts her ex when she's drunk should send you a red flag. Are you sure she is over him?..

Personally, I won't tolerate a bf who flirts with an ex and will surely dump his ass.

I would never date someone that still talks to an ex, especially if she's flirting with him.

Allow that kind of behavior and you're just asking to get cheated on IMO.