Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Maybe now she'll get a JOB.

Old 05-08-2006 | 11:51 AM
Safety Car

Maybe now she'll get a JOB.

Well after requesting unemployment deferments for the past 6 years, the wife's student loan company said that that was enough. Her deferments have expired and now she has to pay back on her loan. She just emailed me complaining about how she hates loans. I'm not sure how much it was but due to all the interest she has to pay a lot more now, eventhough the total is only $6600.

Boohoo, I have been paying on my Student loan since 2000 and mine was $20,000; its down to $14,000 now. Right now I am paying $180/month and she is complaining about the following payments:

24 months @ $31.97
72 months @ $72.01
24 months @ $31.10

I guess when you don't want to WORK and dont have any money, that can seem like a lot. Can you believe she just filed for an "economic hardship" defferement now? Hmmm maybe the easiest thing to do would be to get a JOB.

Maybe now she'll get off her lazy ass and get a job, I refuse to pay for that, she'll be 27 next month and hasn't had a job since we've been married. Time for her to grow up and stop sitting at home on her ass all day doing absolutely nothing.

Am I wrong for not paying it?

Last edited by WdnUlik2no; 05-08-2006 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-08-2006 | 11:56 AM
Suzuka Master

LOL. Sound like my ex. Since we divorced 5+ years ago, she has had a kid (2.5 y/o) and has not worked at any substantial job. Her family is all pissed at her decisions in life and her not working. Sad in a way when family even does not offer support.

So you are married to her. Will all this impact your credit?
Old 05-08-2006 | 11:58 AM
I keeps it real

Not wrong at all. If you were wrong in anything, its being married to such a lazy money grubbin ____.
Old 05-08-2006 | 12:10 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Eggplant-EX
LOL. Sound like my ex. Since we divorced 5+ years ago, she has had a kid (2.5 y/o) and has not worked at any substantial job. Her family is all pissed at her decisions in life and her not working. Sad in a way when family even does not offer support.

So you are married to her. Will all this impact your credit?

I'm not sure. Since my name isn't on it, I am thinking it won't. Her name is not on the mortgage, or my auto loan either.

I do have her as an authorized user on a couple of my credit cards, but the accounts are still in my name only. They will only come after her in the event that I don't pay. They didn't even check her credit when I signed her up for the authorized user.

The only thing that we are "joint" on is the homeowners insurance an auto insurance, which was unavoidable since I had to put her on my auto insurance.
Old 05-08-2006 | 12:16 PM
Go Giants

Tell her no more sex until she gets a job.....
Old 05-08-2006 | 12:18 PM
Safety Car

^
Old 05-08-2006 | 12:53 PM
Not Asian

No, you cannot be held legally responsible. I wouldn't pay one dime on her student loans. Tell that bitch to stop being a drain on society and get a job.
Old 05-08-2006 | 01:24 PM

Old 05-08-2006 | 01:51 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

I believe it depends on what state you're in but the general rule of thumb is if you marry someone, you marry they're debt too. My wife is legally responsible for my student debt if I default on them, same thing if she defaults on her car loan. And yes, since you're MARRIED, your debt is her debt, vice versa, and that WILL affect your credit score. I would check on that if I were you.
Old 05-08-2006 | 01:52 PM
Banned

why hasnt she worked in all this time?
Old 05-08-2006 | 01:55 PM
Suzuka Master

she needs a solid kick in the arse
Old 05-08-2006 | 02:20 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by btsilver
why hasnt she worked in all this time?
LAZY
Old 05-08-2006 | 02:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
I believe it depends on what state you're in but the general rule of thumb is if you marry someone, you marry they're debt too. My wife is legally responsible for my student debt if I default on them, same thing if she defaults on her car loan. And yes, since you're MARRIED, your debt is her debt, vice versa, and that WILL affect your credit score. I would check on that if I were you.

In GA he is NOT responsible for her loans...IF she defaults it wont hurt is credit and they won't come after him.
Old 05-08-2006 | 02:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WdnUlik2no
LAZY

IMO, I don't think your marriage will last. Was she this way before you marry her?
Old 05-08-2006 | 02:45 PM
Go Giants

Originally Posted by mamboking
IMO, I don't think your marriage will last. Was she this way before you marry her?
Ok, Dr. Phil....
Old 05-08-2006 | 02:47 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Originally Posted by F900
In GA he is NOT responsible for her loans...IF she defaults it wont hurt is credit and they won't come after him.
Yeah I should have researched that first. Sorry.

Now if she were to have student loans started after or other debt after they got married, that would be a different story right? I heard on Suze Orman that the creditors or government can come after you if your wife defaults on any loans you either co-sign or loans she takes on and defaults on after you get married.
Old 05-08-2006 | 02:51 PM
Not Asian

Now if she were to have student loans started after or other debt after they got married, that would be a different story right? I heard on Suze Orman that the creditors or government can come after you if your wife defaults on any loans you either co-sign or loans she takes on and defaults on after you get married.
Well, yes, if he co-signed. However, if you don't sign anything and your wife takes out loan only in her name, the creditors still cannot come after you.
Old 05-08-2006 | 02:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Whiskers
Ok, Dr. Phil....
That'll be $450 for the session.....
Old 05-08-2006 | 03:08 PM
Burning Brakes

do you seriously love her? there must be some other reason you stay with her...
blows my mind....
how could anyone tolerate someone so lazy? are you going to support her for the REST OF YOUR LIFE and you're fine with that?

edit: from the way it sounds though, i could see her crack the alimony whip hard if you left her....
Old 05-08-2006 | 03:13 PM
Go Giants

Don't worry, she will find this site and berate you in good time......
Old 05-08-2006 | 03:51 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Andrea25
blows my mind....
how could anyone tolerate someone so lazy? are you going to support her for the REST OF YOUR LIFE and you're fine with that?

edit: from the way it sounds though, i could see her crack the alimony whip hard if you left her....
child involved. Definetely not looking forward to supporting her for the rest of my life, but what other choice do I have?
Old 05-08-2006 | 03:56 PM
Kenpachi Teichou

Was she like this before you got married? Where there signs that you missed that you should have noticed?
Old 05-08-2006 | 03:59 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by oneilc
Was she like this before you got married? Where there signs that you missed that you should have noticed?

Maybe once, I remember she had to do this non-paid internship at a nursing home in order to get her degree, but after two weeks she decided to quit because she didn't like the job eventhough that meant she wouldn't get her degree. Other than that, no other signs.

I guess this answers my question on whether or not we will have another baby, that she has been pressuring me for the past 3 months. The answer is "no way". Regardless of what she thinks about it.

Last edited by WdnUlik2no; 05-08-2006 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-08-2006 | 04:04 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Do you happen to be related to another member on here with the first name "water"?
Old 05-08-2006 | 05:21 PM
04 remembrance

Man, what a lazy biznatch.
Old 05-08-2006 | 05:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Andrea25
blows my mind....

See Water-S
Old 05-08-2006 | 06:20 PM
Banned

Fuck Suze Orman she knows nothing.....other than to open her hole
Old 05-09-2006 | 10:21 AM
Burning Brakes

ohh crap....you have a kid together...she'll probably take you to cleaners before she'll let you leave her..sorry to hear that...

anyway, yeah if it won't impact you credit, let her fuck herself over for the rest of her life by defaulting on student loans..
Old 05-09-2006 | 10:28 AM
Outnumbered at home

so you are staying with a lazy bitch that complains, doesn't work, and you don't even like?

Get the divorce, bite the bullet and pay her off, and move on.
Old 05-09-2006 | 10:38 AM
Thriller

I know someone that has a non-working wife and 3 kids. Non-working means exactly that non-working. She doesn't cook, clean, never had a job, sit the kids etc. The husband is responsible for everything...including leaving his job at the beck and call of any issues that arises from the homefront or school...to the point of losing his own 10/hr job.

I can't understand it...I hope you can do better than this guy.
Old 05-09-2006 | 10:58 AM
Cause of power outages...

Originally Posted by YOTH
I know someone that has a non-working wife and 3 kids. Non-working means exactly that non-working. She doesn't cook, clean, never had a job, sit the kids etc. The husband is responsible for everything...including leaving his job at the beck and call of any issues that arises from the homefront or school...to the point of losing his own 10/hr job.

I can't understand it...I hope you can do better than this guy.

Get custody of the kid and kick her to the curb. No child support that way, and you can ensure your child gets taught correctly.
Old 05-09-2006 | 11:09 AM
Safety Car

She wants another kid and has been pressuring me for the past few months. I'm going to tell her no once and for all. My mom doesn't think she could possibly get custody being that she doesn't work, doesn't want to work, and doesn't pay for ANYTHING. I'm not sure though, GA hates fathers, I think they would give a crack addict mother custody before they give it to the father.
Old 05-09-2006 | 11:27 AM
is learning to moonwalk i

^^ the only way you are going to avoid having a kid if she wants one is to:
a. never have sex with her again
b. go see a doctor and get snipped.

If she wants a kid that bad, she will probably:
a. stop taking any birth control she is on
b. poke holes in any condoms you have
c. screw some other dude and make you think he kis is yours
d. all of the above.

Get out while you still can.
Old 05-09-2006 | 11:37 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by moeronn
^^ the only way you are going to avoid having a kid if she wants one is to:
a. never have sex with her again
b. go see a doctor and get snipped.
going to start doing a.

She says she wants to start trying in June, so this is my last month.

I am also considering b.

Originally Posted by moeronn
If she wants a kid that bad, she will probably:
a. stop taking any birth control she is on
b. poke holes in any condoms you have
c. screw some other dude and make you think he kis is yours
d. all of the above.
she will do a. and possibly c.
Old 05-09-2006 | 11:41 AM
Pro

Maybe once, I remember she had to do this non-paid internship at a nursing home in order to get her degree, but after two weeks she decided to quit because she didn't like the job eventhough that meant she wouldn't get her degree. Other than that, no other signs.
That's a pretty damn big sign though, throwing away years of study because she didn't want to suck it up and do an internship for a few months. Good luck though, sounds like you'll need it to put up with her.
Old 05-09-2006 | 11:42 AM
OMG! Oh N0ES!

going to start doing a.

I am also considering b.

she will do a. and possibly c.
and then you will do....?

a. kick her to the curb
b. raise the illegitmate child because you cant see a kid goto waste
c. pay for baby-daddy in addition to lazy-cheating-baby-mamma
Old 05-09-2006 | 11:56 AM
is learning to moonwalk i

going to start doing a.

I am also considering b.
I wouldn't take any chances. She may just be saying that, but is actually trying now. Wrap it before you tap it.
Old 05-09-2006 | 12:04 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by cambo
and then you will do....?

a. kick her to the curb
b. raise the illegitmate child because you cant see a kid goto waste
c. pay for baby-daddy in addition to lazy-cheating-baby-mamma
a. yep
b. Hell no, im not raising some else's kid
c. HELL NO
Old 05-09-2006 | 12:24 PM
Kenpachi Teichou

It's tough to leave a situation like that but sometimes it's for the best. Even if it won't make you happy in the short term it's much better for you in the long term.
Old 05-27-2006 | 05:53 PM
go like hell

Originally Posted by moomaster_99
See Water-S
are you dating my wife j/k man.
but seriously I'm going through the same shit you are.
my wife can't hold a job longer than 6-7 months because she "gets tired of the job " or she doesn't show up for it because she'll want to sleep all day or she just doesn't do what she's suppose to and gets fired.

so Derek aka Water-S has to have 2.5 jobs and pull up the slack. My wife has 25000 in student loans. When I threw her out of the house I said "I swear to god I'm sending you every bill for your damn student loans." she said "fine." now she's on welfare I don't know what she's doing because I think she has to pay in the 300 buck range(300 or 350) and welfare gives you jack shit.

So probaly any day now they'll probably repo her shitty Ford Contour that I wrenched on forever. she had the bright idea of buying the neighbor's car that he sold to us for 100 bucks(because he was in a heavy accident damage while DUIing(it's his 3rd DUI) it didn't total it but damn close) so it took me 6 months to rebuild it. now keep in mind 6 months is a long time but keep in mind I was working full time plus running semis for dad. pretty much when the the semis were down or we were slow I'd go wrench on the Contour. plus I paid for all the parts on that contour it was OVER (I know ) 5 grand. I know you're saying why didn't you go get something else. #1. she liked the color #2. it got decent mileage according to my drunk neighbor #3. you can find contour parts almost like 350s in junkyards.

Quick Reply: Maybe now she'll get a JOB.