Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

life is good

Old 10-03-2003, 09:07 PM
go like hell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
life is good

alright after having a rough September(cause i broke up with my ex),school was going rough, and just everything.

Well tonight I FINALLY got a break. for me having a g/f is like a "must have." and I took about a month off to regroup and recover from my ex. but This girl that goes to Otterbein College(which is over at Columbus). she room mate with my buddy's g/f. anyhow I've been wanting to go out with her. She likes to have fun like me.
and my bud's g/f been trying to talk her into going out with me. it happened tonight we are OFFICAL GOING OUT.
Our first date consisted of watching(and she said I could pick out the 2 movies)(I offered to let her pick em out)
#1. Backdraft
#2. 2Fast 2Furious
she loved em both.
mostly we just laid on her bed and watched the movie. but the coolest thing is you go a month without a g/f(yeah i had like 4-5 other girls wanting me but i was trying to get Amy). to lay on her bed with her arm around you and her head on a my chest i just felt great. (no we didn't do anything).
I'll tell y'all about Amy:
she's 19
She going to Otterbein College over at Columbus(which is like 1.5 hour each way).
She lives on campus even though i think 1/2 hour or 45 mins from home.
She 1/2 or something like that Native American.(which I thought she kind of looked Hispanic). but she's nice looking.(she kind of reminds me of a shorter J. Lo.
She Autocrosses a Civic.
BTWshe said I can't hit the rev limiter on the civic and if i do she's gonna give me something )(because i was talking about how i've hit the rev limiter on every car i've owned).
Her daily driver is a Ford Contour(i know it's not a Honda but she doesn't like it either).
She's the only kid of her family.
but i'm hella stoked
Old 10-03-2003, 10:37 PM
///M POWER

congrats bro

i'm surprised u didnt post her ssn
Old 10-03-2003, 11:50 PM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by darrinb
congrats bro

bahaha exactly

water you're quite descriptive...remember though that a picture is worth 1000x words...so...

Old 10-04-2003, 04:20 AM
Masshole

Originally posted by darrinb
congrats bro

Old 10-04-2003, 09:36 PM
go like hell

Tonight was good too. we went first to a sports bar/grill for dinner then, we go a haunted cornfield(which to me wasn't scary)(cause i've seen some pretty nasty sh!t firefighting).then calls says lets go to E and R's to hang out. okay(he fails to tell me that my ex,Fonzi(my one buddy)(it's his nickname), and my buddy's new g/f with him. So I get there and I'm like OHHHHHHHHH SH!T. Sherri here. She(Sherri) never said a word to me. she never looked at me. she acted like i didn't even exist I thought after 1.5 year of my life and everything i gave her she'd atleast say hey Derek or what's up Derek or something to that effect.
anyhow but MY GOSH is Amy cool. She's like Derek you can drive your Accord as hard as you want and it won't scare me.(because she autocrosses)(Sherri was always bitchin' about how hard i drive). I'm like cool.
then she's like me she loves to joke around and have fun. This girl is so me.Then i get back to the house and were talking on the front porch step and I so wanted to say "I love you" to her but it's hard for me to because i'm always afraid of getting in too deep. It's not meaning it won't come but I'm afraid of saying I love you i guess. not that she won't say it back just i'm afraid of getting burnt.
she's like look Derek I know it's tough for you and you gotta do it when your ready and I'm not gonna force you into anything when your ready you let me know alright but don't feel bad i completely understand what your feeling. I'm not gonna make you say something that comes from the heart.

Then she grabbed ahold of me and gave us our first kiss. it was just amazing.

bottom line that I'm so happy is: yeah I know i'm loved but yet she's not controlling like Sherri.(which is the best of both worlds)
It was yeah Stay with Sherri which loved me and get my life controlled or say the hell with it go find a new girl that wasn't so controlling and start new.(and that's the one i picked).

tommarrow we got a date so it so be interesting. I'll give you guys a update sometime. but so far so good.
Old 10-04-2003, 09:40 PM
Pit Stop?

Damn.........am I this bad?
Old 10-04-2003, 09:51 PM
go like hell

I forgot to tell you she always compliments me on my knowledge when it comes to Fire and Rescue. She said Derek for only being 21 you know an AMAZING AMOUNT about Fire and Rescue. which is really cool because she knows I eat,sleep,breath,dream Firefighting. I said thanks I don't think I'm that good just I love to firefight. She said your a bright firefighter. I said well since I was 3 I wanted to be a Firefighter so I've been studying for a awhile She laughed a little. She said I just wanted you not to get discouraged because your just a "normal" firefighter and not an officer. She said Derek if you continue with knowledge and love for fire and Rescue your gonna be chief. I said that would be cool.(to me chief would be a dream come true.) because once your a chief it's like a commander of an army. it's like your playing chess(but more dangerous chess) with the fire. because the chief usually tells you where to attack, when to ventilate, but the he's responible for all the guys. So the safety of your crew is riding on your shoulders if your chief.(which is A HUGE RESPONIBILITY). but you also get to make cool decisions on like trucks . like usually the chief says okay we need this on a truck then the truck purchasing committee gets prices and analyize the information of estimates then they are the comittee suppose to order the truck for the best price and best fit our needs.(which the firefighters(like me) are on the comittee so we are pretty in touch with whats going on).

but it's cool when someone notices how bright you are in something you specialize in.
Old 10-04-2003, 09:57 PM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
its awesome that you're having a wonderfull time...but you were almost ready to drop the L bomb? Dude you've barely just met...I'd wait for a while before saying that, and get a feel for her first (yes yes that was a pun )
Old 10-05-2003, 04:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i don't know why i keep reading your sorry ass stories. and you're on your 2-3 date and ready to say "i love you"???

dude, do us all a favor and stay in anna, oh and keep your new "S/O" there. please don't pollute the rest of the population.

thank you.
Old 10-05-2003, 04:33 PM
I miss my 03 CL-S :(

Received 445 Likes on 214 Posts
Damn. Girl's got you wrapped around her pinky and I think you don't even know it.
Old 10-05-2003, 05:22 PM
Who am I?

damn water... you and minch are twins
BUT YOU GET THE GIRLIES

jk minch.. you are gonna own at homecoming
Old 10-05-2003, 06:24 PM
Homeless

Originally posted by Minch00
Damn.........am I this bad?
That question has crossed everyone's mind as we've read this essay...

Believe me.
Old 10-05-2003, 06:49 PM
go like hell

yeah I dropped the Love bomb today. to me a relationship isn't all about sex and sh!t like that. to me to know someone else that loves me is awesome.

today we(Amy and I) went the local church ceremony(because I got recognized by the church because I'm a Firefighter. and about a month ago(shortly after Sherri and I broke up) I saved the minister guy from a burning car because he rolled his car and it caught on fire.) so I always carry my extracation gloves, swiss army tool(which is basically a leatherman just swiss army version and Maglight in my car). I called 9-1-1 on my cell . but i knew i had to get him out of there before his car exploded. so i put on my extracation gloves took my maglight knocked out the side window, then took my swiss army tool cut the seatbelt, then i pulled him out. he had a few scrapes but nothing major. I got presented a REALLY COOL plaque tonight. (it was probably 100 dollar plaque) it has fire maltese, and it says In your brave efforts to save life,property the people of (church name) and (the preacher's name) thanks you
Derek DeWeese
Then I had to talk to the congration (he asked me to talk to the congration). basically it was kind of a questions back and forth between the preacher and me. He ask like Derek why did you stop and try to save me. I said "well I'm a firefighter that's what i'm suppose to do"
then he said were you scared
I said " Fear is just a mindset, in firefighting fear is not a factor"
he said you know your a hero derek.
I said No i'm not I was just helping a person in need. and that's the bottom line of what a firefighter should do help people in need. "
then they said a prayer for me basically blessing me.

which was cool. because of all the people i've rescued (which is probably 50-60 people total) he's the only one that's really made me feel special.

My girl was so proud of me. She's like congrat's Derek. I felt like a million bucks.

and then we (Amy and I) went back to the house and watched TV for about an hour or hour and half. but we were laying on the couch and she was was just had her arms around me, and her head was laying on my chest and kind of leaning on me. We were watching CMT(country Music TV). anyhow Garry Allan "Right Where I need to be" comes on and I so relate to that.
basically this guy away from his girl for awhile then he comes home he's holding her and he says this is right where i need to be. then he says when i hear her i can see her i can smell her sweet perfume. but the weird part is i can relate to all this.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:57 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Dude, the L-bomb ownz you. I swear I will never say that word again to a woman unless I am truly in love.

Besides, how can you say the L word to her if you don't even know if she swallows or takes it up the pooper???
Old 10-06-2003, 08:50 AM
Mazda3 and Honda Civic in

Originally posted by Ashburner
Dude, the L-bomb ownz you. I swear I will never say that word again to a woman unless I am truly in love.

Besides, how can you say the L word to her if you don't even know if she swallows or takes it up the pooper???

good shit ash

Good luck man on this new one
Old 10-06-2003, 09:55 AM
Banned

PIITB