Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…
View Poll Results: What would you do for the two senarios
1. Confront her
25.00%
1. Leave it alone
73.08%
2. Confront her
19.23%
2. Leave it Alone
80.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Lies and confrontation

Old 06-13-2011, 09:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 48 Posts
Judging from the poll results I am def the minority here, confront her on both accounts.

But, let me explain. Don't corner her by the bar and demand answers...

Better yet, just give a slight wave (ie make sure she see's you) and attempt to hit on her gf's at the club and buy them drinks...

lol, should make the point.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts
Be a good friend and just hire him a prostitute for the night.

I vote just move on for both. If there not interested then there not interested.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:36 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by moose muscles
judging from the poll results i am def the minority here, confront her on both accounts.

But, let me explain. Don't corner her by the bar and demand answers...

Better yet, just give a slight wave (ie make sure she see's you) and attempt to hit on her gf's at the club and buy them drinks...

lol, should make the point.
^this!
Old 06-14-2011, 01:44 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Old 06-14-2011, 02:14 PM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
Best revenge is to keep on treckin', smiling, and living a happy life without any of their BS affecting what you do.
The following users liked this post:
97BlackAckCL (06-15-2011)
Old 06-14-2011, 03:12 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Leave them both alone.

Confronting them makes you look desperate.

Always make it seem like you are "in demand"...even if you really are not.
People are attracted to people who "have lives" and friends......if you seem like you have nothing better to do but to track someone else's life....that's scary, and a guarantee that said person you are tracking will have ZERO interest in you.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,414 Posts
Originally Posted by akplaya92
Be a good friend and just hire him a prostitute for the night.

I vote just move on for both. If there not interested then there not interested.
I don't think he'd go for the prostitute but I guess he did move on, he posted something on one of the girl's facebook posts about something with a strong woman, I'll dig it up and post it here.

Originally Posted by Street Spirit
Best revenge is to keep on treckin', smiling, and living a happy life without any of their BS affecting what you do.
^ that's what I told him, I told him look you started a business, drive a Rolls Royce Ghost, own your own house and have got it set! Don't worry, these women are missing out!
Old 06-15-2011, 07:49 AM
i heart latin chicks

Received 64 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by doopstr
Unfriend them on facebook.
that really pisses girls off when they find out.

I just did it to this one chick at work over or under on her finding out is 3 days (she's a bit of a stalker)
Old 06-15-2011, 10:34 AM
Quarterlife Crisis....

Received 108 Likes on 84 Posts
^ They cant resist the bennett
Old 06-15-2011, 12:03 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,425 Likes on 3,031 Posts
Old 06-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Team Owner

Received 598 Likes on 416 Posts
I 100% agree with this, but my morbid curiosity would get the better of me so I would say something.

Like I said before there is nothing invested with Girl 1 so her response is not as important. But with Girl 2 I would eventually say WTF if we hang out and she doesn't mention it. Either way I would say there is really no future with either chick.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:22 PM
Old Man Yelling at Clouds

Received 7,362 Likes on 3,906 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
^ that's what I told him, I told him look you started a business, drive a Rolls Royce Ghost, own your own house and have got it set! Don't worry, these women are missing out!
Wow - three more good reasons to move on and don't give it a second thought.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:33 PM

He drives his own RR? No wonder they shunned him.. tell him to get a driver stat.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:40 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,926 Likes on 14,464 Posts
I wouldn't ask in either case...
If it was the right one...they wouldn't have blown off the date in the first place. Asking about it just makes you seem insecure and the responses won't likely be honest anyway or they'll be something you already know the answer to.

Once I decided that a girl would be lucky to go on a date with me...since then, I didn't really get stood up a whole lot.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by Majofo
He drives his own RR? No wonder they shunned him.. tell him to get a driver stat.
LMSBO Joe!
Old 06-15-2011, 06:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Majofo
FYI neither of them really knew he drives an RR, he usually just drives around in his accord... As far as the RR goes, it's a fancier version of the 7 series, it's not a phantom

Here's that post:

Her: "Why are guys so intimated over strong women?"

Him: "People always want the best and don't settle for anything short of the best. Thus a strong woman knows what she wants and will lie, bend facts or simply ignore what is not the best for them in order to get the best (or what they want). Guys who know that they don't fit that bill will simply not try, and those that do try get lied to or get thrown away like trash. Let's just put it this way, a woman has a choice between a computer geek who plays WOW all day and all that jazz, and then say Taylor Lautner. Women will pick Taylor Lautner any day of the week in the real world vs. the geeky kid. Just the same way, guys who are "strong" will pick the best they can find and throw away anything that's short of the best. In short, what's the point of the underdog trying with the stronger person when they know from the get-go that it won't end well..."
Old 06-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Old 06-16-2011, 11:01 AM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

Received 527 Likes on 387 Posts
IMO I don't think that post response was necessary for him to make. I would've ignored her post or defriended her on fb from the get go. Did she make that post in reference to her? Like she was saying that SHE's a strong woman and all the guys around her are intimidated by her? If so, she seems kind of conceited to me.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
^ That's what I said...

Originally Posted by mrstak
IMO I don't think that post response was necessary for him to make. I would've ignored her post or defriended her on fb from the get go. Did she make that post in reference to her? Like she was saying that SHE's a strong woman and all the guys around her are intimidated by her? If so, she seems kind of conceited to me.
I guess she randomly posted it or something, he's not the type to let things go so easily. Any tips on talking to him to get him to defriend her?
Old 06-16-2011, 01:12 PM
Safety Car

Received 145 Likes on 90 Posts
Did she mean to say "why are guys so intimidated by strong women?"
Old 06-16-2011, 01:34 PM

FYI neither of them really knew he drives an RR, he usually just drives around in his accord... As far as the RR goes, it's a fancier version of the 7 series, it's not a phantom

Here's that post:

Him: "People always want the best and don't settle for anything short of the best. Thus a strong woman knows what she wants and will lie, bend facts or simply ignore what is not the best for them in order to get the best (or what they want). Guys who know that they don't fit that bill will simply not try, and those that do try get lied to or get thrown away like trash. Let's just put it this way, a woman has a choice between a computer geek who plays WOW all day and all that jazz, and then say Taylor Lautner. Women will pick Taylor Lautner any day of the week in the real world vs. the geeky kid. Just the same way, guys who are "strong" will pick the best they can find and throw away anything that's short of the best. In short, what's the point of the underdog trying with the stronger person when they know from the get-go that it won't end well..."
I would have just asked if she's been wearing deodorant lately.

Good guys do win.. it's a good thing he's not with those women.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:56 AM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts

I guess she randomly posted it or something, he's not the type to let things go so easily. Any tips on talking to him to get him to defriend her?

"Congratulations, not only are you a psycho, but you're proving it to the world with every vengeful thing you do. You'll be amazed at how fast the word spreads about stuff like this. So pretty soon, every girl will hear stories about how you're "that guy". Nice work."

Your friend is childish. I know a guy just like him, who is also a cheater, and he's pretty much been blacklisted...every person we know has heard all the stories, so any other girl they know that hints an interest in him instantly hear the stories and he gets nothing. No good girl will put up with that, so he gets the psychos from the trash heap.

Amazing how jealousy can make a person so pitiful

EDIT: Actually I know a couple guys and girls like him, but he's the most extreme case
Old 06-27-2011, 02:11 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Scottman111
"Congratulations, not only are you a psycho, but you're proving it to the world with every vengeful thing you do. You'll be amazed at how fast the word spreads about stuff like this. So pretty soon, every girl will hear stories about how you're "that guy". Nice work."

Your friend is childish. I know a guy just like him, who is also a cheater, and he's pretty much been blacklisted...every person we know has heard all the stories, so any other girl they know that hints an interest in him instantly hear the stories and he gets nothing. No good girl will put up with that, so he gets the psychos from the trash heap.

Amazing how jealousy can make a person so pitiful

EDIT: Actually I know a couple guys and girls like him, but he's the most extreme case
Well just as an update as I spoke to him for a bit yesterday, #2 got in contact with him and said she wanted to hang out and such (and like an ass he accepted) and she canceled again on him. But the kicker is that she broke up with the other guy she went out with.

He still has his hopes up but I doubt she'll get back in touch, he's like a dog staring at a box knowing his toy is in it and can't get it.

FYI He's never had a real girlfriend, he had one sorta GF but things never really developed as far as I know (what you guys would call Facebook Official these days )

EDIT: I don't mean to throw him under the bus here but I don't think he's even got past a kiss....
Old 06-27-2011, 02:22 AM
Lt. Gamble

Received 94 Likes on 62 Posts
Its situations like this that makes me happy that I am not single anymore.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:13 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
Why would anyone confront her? She's not your girl, your in no relationship with her. She's not into you so move on..
Old 06-27-2011, 08:31 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Well just as an update as I spoke to him for a bit yesterday, #2 got in contact with him and said she wanted to hang out and such (and like an ass he accepted) and she canceled again on him. But the kicker is that she broke up with the other guy she went out with.

Please take this kid out and introduce him to some new chicks
Old 06-27-2011, 12:25 PM
Engineer

Received 76 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by gypsygirl
I agree with Aman. First one, I'd just walk by and smile and say "Have a good night". Thereby allowing me to roam the club without any ducking and dodging.

The second one? Nothing. No need.
With the first one I would probably do the same. Maybe even say, "I hope your business trip is going well" and just walk away. It would be entertaining to see her get embarrassed.

The second one, I'd just let it be and move on...
Old 06-27-2011, 01:31 PM

Please take this kid out and introduce him to some new chicks

And give him some advice or he might never catch up. How old is he?
Old 06-27-2011, 10:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Scottman111

And give him some advice or he might never catch up. How old is he?
Early 20's ...
Old 06-28-2011, 07:23 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 71 Likes on 28 Posts

Here's that post:

I can't believe your friend posted that on Facebook! The girl probably felt relieved that she decided not to go out with him after reading all that.

It's obvious that both women didn't really want to go out with him but just could not say so directly. If a woman really want to go out with a guy, she will find ways to make sure the date takes place. So if I were in his shoes, I would have just shrugged it off and go on with my life.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:38 PM

Early 20's ...

He might be a creep for life
Old 07-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Safety Car

Received 214 Likes on 143 Posts
Am I the only one confused? People are saying "neither girl was interested" but #2 actually agreed to go on a date with him, but later cancelled to go on a date with someone else. Sounds like she was interested until someone "better" came along.

Same with everyone else, I'd say do nothing with #1. Sounds like she was playing the odds that he wouldn't find out. The other option would have been to tell him straight out that she's not interested in him in that way, potentially crushing his spirit. Of course what she did wasn't the best way to go about it, but at the time she most likely thought it would be better than coming right out and saying "Sorry, not interested"

Girl #2 sounds like a little shit IMO. God forbid you schedule another date with guy #2 on a different day. Not trying to sound callous to OPs friend, but given the situation, she didn't need to be exclusive to him after the initial date was scheduled.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:40 AM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,158 Likes on 683 Posts
Something is weird here. I find it a bit odd that someone would agree to go out with you and then make up some weird lie to get out of it. Does it happen, I'm sure it does but twice!?

Sorry buddy,your friend is a creeper. He must have done something between meeting and the date to creep both girls out and then guilted the one into a second first date. Judging from that fb post, he is a bit odd and ackward.

What single guy in his 20s wants a RR anyway? Sure, it is an awesome car but who needs a luxury sedan like that in their early 20s when I have to assume most those seats arent ever even sat in. Not hating on him for the RR, just another thing that is a bit odd considering he could have a Ferrari or such.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by 1StGenCL
Something is weird here. I find it a bit odd that someone would agree to go out with you and then make up some weird lie to get out of it. Does it happen, I'm sure it does but twice!?

Sorry buddy,your friend is a creeper. He must have done something between meeting and the date to creep both girls out and then guilted the one into a second first date. Judging from that fb post, he is a bit odd and ackward.

What single guy in his 20s wants a RR anyway? Sure, it is an awesome car but who needs a luxury sedan like that in their early 20s when I have to assume most those seats arent ever even sat in. Not hating on him for the RR, just another thing that is a bit odd considering he could have a Ferrari or such.

My buddy hasn't had much luck with the ladies in his past. No GF's in high-school and not so much as a real lady friend to talk with at all. I do agree that he is a bit socially awkward and as well introverted. I figure he's waiting for ms perfect to show up to his door one day.

He saw my 7 and really liked it and thus got the RR. From the conversations he had I figure that he wanted something fast yet comfy so that he could speed away from a light quickly but still have the ability to take it on a comfy trip.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

He definitely sounds awkward, and he'll definitely need to learn how to talk to girls or Miss Right will show up on his door with a restraining order
Old 07-05-2011, 01:03 PM
The TINT CEO

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
what would you do in a situation like these two:

1. Guy asks a girl who is somewhat of a friend (IE you have talked in the past more than hi/bye but nothing to far indepth) out on a date to an event and she agrees. A few minutes later she says that on that day she'll be on a trip on that day and a few days before and after. The day comes when you were supposed to go out and you see her at a night-club with her friends.

Would you confront her about it or leave it alone and move on?

Now a different girl at a later date and time:
2. Guy asks a girl he knew as a friend a few years prior and lost touch with. They hit it off during their brief conversation when they meet and decide to go on a date later on the next week. A few days before the date she cancels and says she has to attend to something else. The day of the date comes and you see on her Facebook/Twitter/Social Networking site that she went out with another guy and had a fun time on a first date.

Would you confront her about it or leave it alone and move on?
i wouldn't confront on either case i would just acknowledge that they got caught and not make a big deal about it just act like its whatever, just my opinion. i noticed that most girls like assholes and then they wonder why they always get hurt or cheated on, its kinda funny lol. there are more fishes in the sea so don't really stress over just one.

to each there own.....
Old 07-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Senior Moderator

He definitely sounds awkward, and he'll definitely need to learn how to talk to girls or Miss Right will show up on his door with a restraining order
I might have to tell that to him to get him to wake up and get out of his slump/negative mood about this stuff...
Old 07-06-2011, 01:48 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
I'd leave it alone until they asked me out again and then I would ask them, why would I go out with you after you stood me up and (a went to the club for example A and b) went out on a date with another guy and bragged about it on facebook for example B.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 365 Posts
Before he finds Ms. Right he needs to get his beak wet plenty, else he'll find himself in a bad situtation. I can't imagine it being difficult to get girls driving around in a RR, but if he's socially awkward and most likely awkward looking tell him to hit the weights and get a personal stylist to dress him. If he's confident in himself he'll be able to approach women more easily and they'll come to him as well.

EDIT: No need for that...

Last edited by csmeance; 03-08-2012 at 12:58 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Race Director

Received 275 Likes on 159 Posts
Leave it alone! Throw some sharp switchback-keys at them, lol..

Don't show that you care.. Karma is a bitch and you'll get yours soon enough. I promise

Quick Reply: Lies and confrontation