Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

I was sort of a jerk today, but it was necessary

Old 02-12-2005 | 10:23 PM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

I was sort of a jerk today, but it was necessary

Please read the bottom of page 3

coworker

Solange told me that she'd be all alone on her birthday during dinner and I asked her if she wanted me to stop by for her birthday. I asked her this before she gave me the "good girl" speech and I changed my mind on showing up to her house for her birthday. She asked me if I would still come to her house when I dropped her off because she was sensing negative vibes from me. I said I'll come if she's not offended by my views as we have opposing views on Christian values and she said I said nothing offensive to her that night. I didn't want to go for anything because I got tired of wasting my time on her so I never called her for her birthday and I didn't go. I know this girl is heartbroken right about now, but I tell myself she did it to herself. She gave me a simple thank you whe I gave her a birthday gift yesterday and I was disgusted by her shyness. I can't stand shy girls who don't have the courage to thank you with a kiss so I made up my mind to drop her. I feel sort of like a jerk, but not completely. I just wish I didn't have to drop her in this manner and that we could have parted ways differently, but I can't call a girl who has too much pride to call me, that's just how I am. Oh well, live and learn, but the one who has to learn here is Solange. I hope this teaches her a lesson because she should have let go of the birthday plans when she saw the negative vibes coming from me.
Old 02-12-2005 | 11:05 PM
Banned

I think you did the right thing. She obviously is not your type. She maybe be heartbroken now, but it'd be worse if you strung her along trying not to hurt her feelings.
Old 02-13-2005 | 01:14 AM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

Originally Posted by TLover
I think you did the right thing. She obviously is not your type. She maybe be heartbroken now, but it'd be worse if you strung her along trying not to hurt her feelings.
Thanks, TL. I honestly feel I did the right thing, but I guess I needed to hear it from someone else. This girl wants to be courted and I'm not the courting type. I'm not gonna wait around 10 dates later to start holding hands. It's hard to find a guy these days who'll do 100% of the calling and paying for meals. I'm nobody's meal ticket and attention giver. I sincerely hope she can find a patient guy for her sake, but that guy won't be for me.

Last edited by Batin Dean; 02-13-2005 at 01:18 AM.
Old 02-13-2005 | 04:32 AM
Racer

you did what you felt was right. No one can hate you for that. find you some one new and you'll never worry about it again.
Old 02-17-2005 | 08:13 AM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

she's acting weird now

I saw this girl at work after the fact and I even said "sorry I didn't come around for your birthday, but I got caught up with something". She just said, it's ok, and we left it at that. Just yesterday, the girl came upstairs where I was working and just stares at me for about 10 seconds. I figured she wanted to talk so I tapped my coworker on the shoulder to tell him to give me a minute, then she goes, "can I take this cart?" She tried to play me out so I could look dumb in front of other people. I said, "go ahead, take the orange one." Now I'm convinced that her cancellation on my phone call was a setup on her part to see if I would chase her. What a stupid game playing asswipe she is. I'm just glad it never went further than it did.
Old 02-17-2005 | 08:20 AM
Team Owner

This is why you don't date people you see on a regular basis outside the relationship...

When things go sour, the collateral damage is hard to predict...

But regardless, you did the right thing breaking up with her, though I think you might need to re-evaluate your rather exaggerated stance on shy girls. To feel "disgusted" because they are shy doesn't exactly reflect well on you. If you don't like them, that's fine, but no need for such strong feelings because someone is shy.
Old 02-17-2005 | 10:27 AM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
This is why you don't date people you see on a regular basis outside the relationship...

When things go sour, the collateral damage is hard to predict...

But regardless, you did the right thing breaking up with her, though I think you might need to re-evaluate your rather exaggerated stance on shy girls. To feel "disgusted" because they are shy doesn't exactly reflect well on you. If you don't like them, that's fine, but no need for such strong feelings because someone is shy.
I agree with you on the part about why you shouldn't see people you work with, but about fake shy girls, that's another story. This girl wanted me to call her desperately. She insisted I call her and that sent a red flag up on why I shouldn't. This girl craves attention so I have to believe her shy act is exactly that, an act. I can't stand girls who act bold when it comes to requesting being called, but get all shy when it comes to other matters. I didn't call her but that one time she cancelled our hangout and I've never called her again. This girl has to show me that if she's bold enough to request being called, she should be bold enough to make the calls too. She's not being old fashioned, she's being rude and I don't hang out with rude girls.
Old 02-17-2005 | 10:34 AM
LOUD NOISES!!

My father always said "don't dip the pen in company ink..." (of course my mom is his secretary, but that aint important) I think this is really good advice, and it has kept me out of trouble a few times. I think that you did the right thing. If she really wanted to make a relationship, she would have at least gone half way on the whole phone thing. I have ditched girls for less. You shouldn't have to change for her, or anyone else. If she wants some, she is gonna have to put in a little effort..... just my .02
Old 02-17-2005 | 11:07 AM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

Originally Posted by TSX CSI
My father always said "don't dip the pen in company ink..." (of course my mom is his secretary, but that aint important) I think this is really good advice, and it has kept me out of trouble a few times. I think that you did the right thing. If she really wanted to make a relationship, she would have at least gone half way on the whole phone thing. I have ditched girls for less. You shouldn't have to change for her, or anyone else. If she wants some, she is gonna have to put in a little effort..... just my .02
We think very much alike. You're right in feeling I shouldn't have to change for her, but a church going friend of mine said "she shouldn't have to change for you either." I totally disagree because if she wants a man with any kind of pride, she'll give up her attitude about receiving phone calls only. As a matter of fact, one of my cute female friends called me a little while ago and we have plans to play tennis once the weather gets warmer. Time for TLD to make some moves.
Old 02-17-2005 | 12:24 PM
LOUD NOISES!!

Thats what I'm talkin bout, can't nobody hold you down, oh no, you gots to keep on movin
Old 02-17-2005 | 12:27 PM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

Originally Posted by TSX CSI
Thats what I'm talkin bout, can't nobody hold you down, oh no, you gots to keep on movin
Just out of curiosity, what were the lesser reasons you ditched girls for?
Old 02-19-2005 | 09:09 PM
Racer

I dont think there is nothing worng with her , you cant expect kisses and hugs just because you gave her a cheap body wash . I think you like this girl too much and you cant stand the fact she is not going to give it to you that easily. Pushy annoying bastard

Last edited by geminisdc; 02-19-2005 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-21-2005 | 03:19 AM
werd

Pushy annoying bastard? You can't be serious.

She made an overt attempt to get HIM to call her, and she can't make calls in return? What's up with that? Does she just need to feel chased? Is that what she tells her girlfriends? That some guys is so in love with her and can't stop calling her? Who knows.

Batin did the right thing, and I agree with him.

What's it matter what the gift was, the fact was that it was a gift. He didn't have to give anything. What, had he bought her a diamond tennis bracelet his attempts would have been justified? Frankly, I'm offended by your remarks geminisdc.

Batin made every attempt to pursue this girl in a reasonable manner. He's not going to give up his pride (what else do men have left today anyway?) for some girl who's obviously using him for attention and short-term gratification or possibly worse (a sucker husband/meal-ticket).

Last edited by amisconception; 02-21-2005 at 03:23 AM.
Old 02-21-2005 | 03:24 AM
werd

Originally Posted by Batin Dean
I saw this girl at work after the fact and I even said "sorry I didn't come around for your birthday, but I got caught up with something". She just said, it's ok, and we left it at that. Just yesterday, the girl came upstairs where I was working and just stares at me for about 10 seconds. I figured she wanted to talk so I tapped my coworker on the shoulder to tell him to give me a minute, then she goes, "can I take this cart?" She tried to play me out so I could look dumb in front of other people. I said, "go ahead, take the orange one." Now I'm convinced that her cancellation on my phone call was a setup on her part to see if I would chase her. What a stupid game playing asswipe she is. I'm just glad it never went further than it did.
I don't think this is that weird.

Think about it from the perspective of the cunning hunter. She got over it, quick.
Definitely stay away from this one.
Old 02-21-2005 | 07:01 AM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

amc is a wise man. You can't go around chasing girls who beg for phone calls, but feel that they're too good to call guys. As amc pointed out, this girl received no ammo from TLD to tell her friends that some guy keeps calling her. All she can do now is complain that TLD ditched her quickly for "no reason whatsoever", at least that's what's in her warped mind. Game playing girls always forget about the stupid things they do, but they wonder why guys stop hanging out with them.