Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

I need you guys' opinion....

Old 03-23-2005, 08:34 PM
I shoot people

Received 2,889 Likes on 1,433 Posts
I need you guys' opinion....

...I already... kinda know what kind of response I'm gonna get cause majority of the members here are guys... but I just wanna know if what happened was soooooooo wrong....

...anyway, I met someone about a month and a half ago... and since then we've seen each other about once a week... a typical night would be... dinner, movie... either her place or mine... and sex... We never had "DA TALK." I haven't dated anyone else, or slept with anyone else since... again it's only been 1.5 maybe 2 months tops... So, I get this voicemail from her.... saying that we can on longer see each other cause "someone" told her that I'm on www.match.com which is true... my profile's been there for a couple of years... Do I go in there and "browse?" Yes, I do... but I've never actually met anyone from that site... I just want to know if what happened was so wrong... in her voicemail... she said that it was so NOT cool that I didn't tell her... for all I know... SHE had logged on to check out other guys... and just happen to see me...

I don't really feel bad cause I wasn't really "into" her anyway... and it was only about 2 months we were together. I just want to know if.... suppose I start seeing someone else... am I suppose to take myself off the site? Or what?

Last edited by is300eater; 03-23-2005 at 08:37 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You weren't in the wrong, she sounds like a psycho. Be glad you're out of it.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:50 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Sounds to me like she has security issues. If she was secure with herself and she really liked you enough, she'd have joked about it instead and made fun of you for having your profile on match.com and just had a laugh about it. She's not worth the time. Next girl...
Old 03-23-2005, 08:51 PM
I keeps it real

You're cool man. It sounds like she's nuts and you luckily found out sooner than later.

Her approach to handling this is proves she is very insecure. There could be any number of reasonable explanations for this but she wasnt willing give it that chance. Not that it really matters that you have this account, but for all she knows you havent logged on in over a year and totally forgot about it.

Whatever the case, she has serious issues and luckily you found out before any extensive emmotion or time is involved.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:56 PM
My Work is Done Here

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You didn't have to tell her shit.... just keep on keepin on

Anything you do to try to explain it or get her to understand will come off as desperation or defensiveness. not worth the time IMO
Old 03-23-2005, 09:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ABreece
You weren't in the wrong, she sounds like a psycho. Be glad you're out of it.

less than 2 months and already sex ? well you don't want someone like that to be your wife, do you ?
Old 03-23-2005, 09:49 PM
Suzuka Master

just explained to her the situation and it's no big deal, IMO. you can just say that you've made that a while back but don't go there anymore. does it say that you're active or when your last long on is?
Old 03-23-2005, 10:06 PM
Go Noles!

i don't think she has security issues, i think she's normal.

looking for people to date on the internet gives me the creeps too.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:10 PM
I shoot people

Originally Posted by Chinisimo
just explained to her the situation and it's no big deal, IMO. you can just say that you've made that a while back but don't go there anymore. does it say that you're active or when your last long on is?

....yeah, next to the person's profile... it tells when that person logged on last... like "within 24 hours" or "...3 months ago" And I was on there just a couple days ago.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:14 PM
I shoot people

Originally Posted by supermegaglossy

..well, for one thing... like I mentioned... I've never met anyone on therer.. I, more or less... just browse... and 2nd... just so you know... internet dating has become very common... I, personally, have two clients that are in very sucessful marrages, and they met their husbands on "match"

but realistically.... I'm kinda shy in person.... in the back of my mind... I know there's no chance of ever meeting someone on line... for me anyway....

every so often... "match" will send me a list of people in my area that are "compatible"

and, yes... I do look... from time to time... just being curious.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:18 PM
I shoot people

Originally Posted by matelot

less than 2 months and already sex ? well you don't want someone like that to be your wife, do you ?

No, I never saw her as a future wife... for one thing... for medical reasons... she can't conceive... and I've talked so many times about having a family in the future.... and how I love kids... and how beautiful interracial kids are... etc. etc.... so, she knew that I would eventually go on to meet someone that'll give me that...

but as sex goes.... that's one thing I'll miss about her... the sex was awesome. Personally I was thinking... that we had an "understanding" that we were all about "satisfying" each other's needs...
Old 03-23-2005, 10:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by is300eater
No, I never saw her as a future wife... for one thing... for medical reasons... she can't conceive... and I've talked so many times about having a family in the future.... and how I love kids... and how beautiful interracial kids are... etc. etc.... so, she knew that I would eventually go on to meet someone that'll give me that...

but as sex goes.... that's one thing I'll miss about her... the sex was awesome. Personally I was thinking... that we had an "understanding" that we were all about "satisfying" each other's needs...
so your problem is actually that you don't wanna lose this booty b/c it's hard for you to find another one. but a new one doesn't come until the old one's gone. so this might not be a bad thing?
Old 03-23-2005, 10:34 PM
I shoot people

so your problem is actually that you don't wanna lose this booty b/c it's hard for you to find another one. but a new one doesn't come until the old one's gone. so this might not be a bad thing?
...who ever said it was hard for me to find another one? (booty call that is...)
Old 03-23-2005, 10:42 PM
Banned

dang ! man that's your loss then ! sorry....good fuck and can't get pregnant ??? how can you beat that deal ?!
Old 03-23-2005, 10:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by supermegaglossy

You don't think searching Match.com for the guy you're dating/banging is a little weird?
Old 03-23-2005, 11:18 PM
Suzuka Master

...who ever said it was hard for me to find another one? (booty call that is...)
cuz you said you're shy. so now that's out of the way, dump her and get another booty call?
Old 03-24-2005, 12:31 AM
I shoot people

cuz you said you're shy. so now that's out of the way, dump her and get another booty call?
I'm shy when it comes to being in a crowd... like parties, clubs... etc.. etc... but what I meant... was... I do have "ex's" that can be "booty calls" well... the two I can think of... one's got a b/f and that would just be wrong... she's actually agreed to it if the situation arise... the other one... goes to school in San Diego now... so it'd be about an hour drive... too far, and too much effort...