Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

HUGE stalker problem

Old 02-15-2006, 01:55 AM
-:-Jenn - O - Cide-:-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HUGE stalker problem

So, to make a long story short, ok this may be kind of long so that you'll get the full understanding.

My dad is currently a lifer in prison & he has his cell mates help him write letters for him since one of his hands were burnt up from a fire accident & he has trouble writing letters.

I write to my dad often n with them I send pictures of me, my brother, my lil sister & what not.

A month ago, I recieved a letter to me, not written from my dad but from one of his cell mates. He "FELL IN LOVE" with me and is now writing me IMMENSE AMOUNT of letters. Today is Valentines day n I got the most disturbing one yet.

He says he's getting out soon & told me to "keep his heart until he returns"

He thinks that my dad 'granted him' his eldest daughter (me) b/c we're asian and we have this tradition???? wtf? I'm AMERICANIZED!!

I have NO IDEA who the HELL this guy is. I just know his name is ED HAMILTON n thats it. i wrote ONE REPLY to him telling him to STOP WRITING ME and he persists to. I go to tell the police in my area n obviously they don't give a damn. What the hell am I gonna do?

He's up IN Nor CAL and I'm in SO CAL, If this psycho really does get out soon, I'm so dead meat.

Discuss. Any one have anything or heard of anything like this happening before?
Suggestions???

I'm one very sad strawb3rri3
Old 02-15-2006, 02:08 AM
werd

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
It doesn't sound like you can do a lot.

Once he's out of prison he's free to roam the streets like anyone else.

Your father's a character for letting this guy write to you. Anyway, if he shows up call the police.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by amisconception
It doesn't sound like you can do a lot.

Once he's out of prison he's free to roam the streets like anyone else.

Your father's a character for letting this guy write to you. Anyway, if he shows up call the police.

my dad doesn't know he's writing to me & I don't want to tell him. My dad has a medical condition (heart condition) where he'll get a stroke if anything is too over whelming. He's 80% third degree burns all over his body. I don't think I need my dad to worry about me anymore. He can't even take care of himself.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:39 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts
have you contacted the prison, maybe talked to the warden?
i hope you are just sending the letters back to him, why would you continue to open them?
Old 02-15-2006, 05:41 AM
Three Wheelin'

You should never of sent him those pictures I dont think i would read anymore of his letters. But i would be worried he knows your address
Old 02-15-2006, 06:00 AM
yarRR

carry 'round that mace, and that cellphone ready for the 9-1-1 action

and on a side note, i hope your father gets better, that's a really rough situation...
Old 02-15-2006, 06:05 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
like they said, nothing you can do except get your cell ready and carry a mace or some eapons around. Alwyas go out with friends, never be alone. and CLOSE YOUR CURTINS....
Old 02-15-2006, 06:56 AM
Suzuka Master

Keep them unopened Forrest Gump Style and send that shit back.

Then look online and find out how long he's serving.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:32 AM
drop em like its hot

u can try to get a restraining order. if that doesnt work, move, change your name, and start wearing a burka.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:47 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's kinda too late now, you should return subsequent letters after the first one by writing "REFUSED" or "Return To SENDER" (RTS) on the envelope. You may also want to notify the Dept of Corrections and tell them what's goiing on.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:59 AM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SakiGT
Keep them unopened Forrest Gump Style and send that shit back.

Then look online and find out how long he's serving.
shoulda done this after the first letter he sent you.

time to buy a gun.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:51 AM
Drifting

Received 113 Likes on 69 Posts
haha, I thought this thread was gonna be about someone on this board...

What was the guy prison for?
Old 02-15-2006, 10:26 AM
50? you must be kidding!

Contact the prison system for sure. Contact the police in your area again, be assertive, but not bitchy, take the letters to show them and calmly explain the situation. They can't do much until he actually contacts you, but you need them to be aware of the situation, document EVERYTHING.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:30 AM
Burning Brakes

yep, tell the warden...he'll put a stop to it right away...

unless you think it will lead to repercussions for your dad....

otherwise, yeah just keep returning them unopened, and ask your dad not show this guy anything you write to him (your dad)
Old 02-15-2006, 10:35 AM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
I would get a restraining order on the books.
The bad part is that he has your address.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:38 AM
Suzuka Master

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by strawb3rri3
So, to make a long story short, ok this may be kind of long so that you'll get the full understanding.

My dad is currently a lifer in prison & he has his cell mates help him write letters for him since one of his hands were burnt up from a fire accident & he has trouble writing letters.

I write to my dad often n with them I send pictures of me, my brother, my lil sister & what not.

A month ago, I recieved a letter to me, not written from my dad but from one of his cell mates. He "FELL IN LOVE" with me and is now writing me IMMENSE AMOUNT of letters. Today is Valentines day n I got the most disturbing one yet.

He thinks that my dad 'granted him' his eldest daughter (me) b/c we're asian and we have this tradition???? wtf? I'm AMERICANIZED!!

I have NO IDEA who the HELL this guy is. I just know his name is ED HAMILTON n thats it. i wrote ONE REPLY to him telling him to STOP WRITING ME and he persists to. I go to tell the police in my area n obviously they don't give a damn. What the hell am I gonna do?

He's up IN Nor CAL and I'm in SO CAL, If this psycho really does get out soon, I'm so dead meat.

Suggestions???

Something similar happened to my sis years ago. This guy she knew from HS got locked up and while all his friends end up leaving him alone, one day he writes my sis and she writes him back with some words of encouragement. So one day he starts writing her to see how she's doing etc. and she's like I'm ok I guess and stay strong in there put it in God's hands etc.

Then the guy starts falling for her talking about God told him she was his wife and that he was coming for his bride when he gets out etc. Around this time my sis moves down south to pursue her education and the guy starts calling my parents place trying to find her after she told him to back off and starts making threats.

I get into it with him and threaten him etc telling him to never call again or I'm not responsible for what happens etc. We even go as far as filing a restraining order etc

He stops calling here but ends up getting her cell phone # (how we still don't know) and starts harrasing her. Then he gets her new address and threatens to go down there and visit. Eventually she moves, changes her info and he loses his contact with her but still had her old roomate's info and recently called her trying to find my sis etc. They tell him to piss off and her husband is like you come around here I'm going to kick your @zz etc.

That was the last I know about all this. IT started in 2002ish and he persisted until like 5 months ago. All I know is if I see him around here or hear anything about him being anywhere near my sister, the next post I write may not be from my living room or office
Old 02-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Banned

Well, it isn't me, because I'm not in prison and oh yeah I don't stalk Chinese chicks anymore. Highly overrated. They're all bitchy once they get Americanized anyway.

You could always move across state lines.

The burka thing is a great idea too!
Old 02-15-2006, 02:23 PM
ALi G in the House!

pull a osama bin ladin and jump into a cave and hide for a year or two :P
Old 02-15-2006, 02:41 PM
Banned

soooo what did your daddy do to get locked up for life?
Old 02-15-2006, 02:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
In most states a restraining order requires at least 1 prior police report & a prior incident. You can't just walk into a police station & get one against someone.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:01 PM
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
strawb3rri3,

I know you don't have endless amounts of cash, nonetheless you may get some great advice from some of the "professional" sources. LA Laker games used to advertise an agency that dealt with stalkers. Now while I assume you cannot hire the agency and thus have Joe Jitsu and two other bodyguards safeguard you, maybe they will have some good input. Also LAPD has a stalker division, altho i always cringe when leaving what should be confidential info with a govt agency, esp one with the rep of LAPD. Maybe a volunteer group that has made a study of the subject.

Would it also matter h-o-w you told this guy no thanks? He may misinterpet rejection as another in his life of depressing events. Maybe his brain will incorrectly scramble what you write as somehow being your fault he can't date and marry you. Please do not think i am blaming you in any way, shape or form. But I'm thinking if he was told "I know your life did not turn out the way you wanted it to, etc", he would find you empathic. Just The *pros* or not so much the for profit *pros* but the true pros even volunteer who have studied the subject should have much more info on what works and wether this is advisable.

What a pickle with your father having a heart condition. I feel for you.

I'm thinking this kind of scenario has happened many times before thruought the country and the prison system. Surely there must be some good news out there on what is safest and best way for you to respond. You don't need to handle this on your own.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:03 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,852 Likes on 2,589 Posts
Originally Posted by saiko_cl_duck
i hope you are just sending the letters back to him, why would you continue to open them?
bingo.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
um. MOVE.

in with me. i'll take care of ya
Old 02-15-2006, 03:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by strawb3rri3

Suggestions???

Why you gonna bust me out like that!!!
Old 02-15-2006, 07:38 PM
Registered Big Dog

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
might as well just face your fate and mawwy him

Old 02-15-2006, 08:11 PM
Banned

wow I'm surprised of the remarkable restraint shown in this thread - no one has asked for pics...
yet
Old 02-15-2006, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by saiko_cl_duck
I have contacted the prison, they just shrugged me off ( I guess it's more common than I thought?) Anyhow, the jail is like 5 hours away from me (LA) and it's past bakersfield so I think thats why they're not taking me seriously.

Originally Posted by MikeCLS6
You should never of sent him those pictures I dont think i would read anymore of his letters. But i would be worried he knows your address
I sent my DAD pictures of me n my siblings so my dad can see US not for some psycho to gawk at.

Originally Posted by Hawhyen51
It's kinda too late now, you should return subsequent letters after the first one by writing "REFUSED" or "Return To SENDER" (RTS) on the envelope. You may also want to notify the Dept of Corrections and tell them what's goiing on.

See thats the thing, I wrote REFUSED and RETURN TO SENDER to more than 20 letters already! but he just keeps sending them back! I contacted the post office they said that they're going to stop mail from this guy n it hasn't happend. He's clever, he puts my DAD's NAME and PFN on the envelope making me think it's a letter from MY DAD.

Originally Posted by Andrea25
yep, tell the warden...he'll put a stop to it right away...

unless you think it will lead to repercussions for your dad....

otherwise, yeah just keep returning them unopened, and ask your dad not show this guy anything you write to him (your dad)
Getting a hold of the warden is not as easy as anyone thinks. They like to keep you on hold for hours. I was on hold n transfered many times for over 2 hours on different occasions and I've left many msgs.

N thats what I AM afraid of, my dad is very fragile right now and I don't want to cause any trouble for him in there & they moved my dad to another cell now so now the wierdo has no way of looking at my pictures.

Originally Posted by tiguy99
Something similar happened to my sis years ago.
OK thats whats so scary b/c I don't want to have to end up doing all of that. AND i was watching an E special about prisons n all their freakish letters I'm starting to freak myself out. They come n kill these girls!!!

Originally Posted by M TYPE X
Well, it isn't me, because I'm not in prison and oh yeah I don't stalk Chinese chicks anymore. Highly overrated. They're all bitchy once they get Americanized anyway.

You could always move across state lines.

The burka thing is a great idea too!
hah I'm highly under rated so you know you want to stalk me hahahaha n I'm not going anywhere!

Originally Posted by btsilver
soooo what did your daddy do to get locked up for life?
that isn't what this thread is about. just don't ask, thanks. My evil step mom did this to him thats all you gotta know.

Originally Posted by NighthawkBlue
Would it also matter h-o-w you told this guy no thanks? He may misinterpet rejection as another in his life of depressing events. Maybe his brain will incorrectly scramble what you write as somehow being your fault he can't date and marry you. Please do not think i am blaming you in any way, shape or form. But I'm thinking if he was told "I know your life did not turn out the way you wanted it to, etc", he would find you empathic. Just The *pros* or not so much the for profit *pros* but the true pros even volunteer who have studied the subject should have much more info on what works and wether this is advisable.

What a pickle with your father having a heart condition. I feel for you.

I'm thinking this kind of scenario has happened many times before thruought the country and the prison system. Surely there must be some good news out there on what is safest and best way for you to respond. You don't need to handle this on your own.

you know I was thinkin bout that too, maybe it's that ONE REPLY i made that gave this guy 'hope' BUt I think back on it. I was straight forward. HALF A PARAGRAPH saying how I appreciated the fact that he helped my dad write letters but TO NOT CONTACT ME ANYMORE b/c I am DISTURBED by his intentions.

Originally Posted by rise
um. MOVE.

in with me. i'll take care of ya
I hope you have a 2 door garage & room for my dog b/c we're all moving in then. Both me & my dog n both my cars. hah

Originally Posted by moomaster_99
Why you gonna bust me out like that!!!
sorry i had to, your letters were getting ridiculous. hah

Originally Posted by CLean B
might as well just face your fate and mawwy him

hah I'll give him your address n you can... marwwie him
Old 02-15-2006, 11:14 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
Dang, no one should have to live in fear.
I feel bad as hell for you. ANything I can do, let me know.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:06 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by SwervinCL
Dang, no one should have to live in fear.
I feel bad as hell for you. ANything I can do, let me know.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:45 AM
Pro

I am no legal expert. How about a restraining order? If he were caught violating it, that would violate his probation and send him right back. Not sure how safe that will keep you but that would give you something you can charge him with if he keeps stalking you.

They just need to get rid of these creeps in jail. Society would be better off without them.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:47 AM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
Gotta ask..How did Pops end up a lifer with burns all over his body?
Old 02-16-2006, 05:46 AM
Drifting

So this guy's been in prison for a while, witha bunch of dudes.

So do you think it just may be that your pic is the first girl he's seen in a while, and that's why he's obsessed?
Old 02-16-2006, 07:27 AM
Luke 1:37

I read your first post, but I'm not sure if someone has posted this question to you yet. Did your Dad really approve this? Have you written him a letter to tell this dude to stop? If your Dad wants him to have you, you're screwed...

btw. do you have any clue what this dude looks like? I suggest maybe figuring out what he looks like so that you can keep an eye out.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:20 AM
Suzuka Master

Um. How did this guy get a hold of your pic then address? Did your dad give it to him?
Old 02-16-2006, 08:41 AM
ric
Safety Car

Am sorry you are being stalked. It is a scary deal. My wife had an employee who was stalked by the son of a diplomat from South America and thus had "immunity". He also had unlimited $$$ and found out the most amazing information about him.

Some suggestions:

Hire a private detective to track on this guy's wherabouts upon his discharge. They are not as expensive as you might think, many of them do their work via electronic identity (social security numbers, etc) and their rates can be shockingly reasonable - I had a missing relative tracked for a few hundred bucks a few years ago.

Run a google search for women's support sites/groups/organizations in your area. I ran a google, and turned up quite a few that are non-specific geographically, but there must be something in your area..... the most promising site that came up first is:http://www.4woman.gov/violence/stalking.cfm These organizations have a lot of emperical knowledge and experience that you may be able to tap into.

I would express your concerns, in writing, to the warden, with specific details and information. I recognize the challenge in relation to your father, but the challenge for the moment, is your safety. I would send the letter in some way that can be tracked.... either return receipt or via FedEX, so that you know the correspondence has been recieved. THe purpose in doing this is to build a paper trail....the more documentation you have, the more substantive your case is for a restraining order once this guy steps one nanoinch over the line with you.

I would seriously tap into the women's support organizations in your area; many of them have pro bono attorneys who can proactively sit down with you to take steps to create a response for this guy should he turn real on you and drive into your community.

I would track very specifically as to his discharge date, and from that time on, take basic routine self-protection steps, in terms of security, etc.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:25 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by SakiGT
Um. How did this guy get a hold of your pic then address? Did your dad give it to him?

From what I read, Her dad is badly burned, and needed help openiing and ansering mail.. She sent her father pics of her and siblings, and I assume this guy who helped him read/answer the email saw the pics and address.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:08 PM
Banned

Like ric said: diplomats are bad news!
Old 02-16-2006, 12:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by te3point5
So this guy's been in prison for a while, witha bunch of dudes.

So do you think it just may be that your pic is the first girl he's seen in a while, and that's why he's obsessed?
I'd rub one out for Strawberry...
Old 02-16-2006, 04:22 PM
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
you know I was thinkin bout that too, maybe it's that ONE REPLY i made that gave this guy 'hope' BUt I think back on it. I was straight forward. HALF A PARAGRAPH saying how I appreciated the fact that he helped my dad write letters but TO NOT CONTACT ME ANYMORE b/c I am DISTURBED by his intentions.

So in the same short letter he reads (in his mind?):

Thanks for helping me with my Father and curl up and die, you disturb me.

**Not what you wrote, but could he interpet it this way?**
Maybe the thanks you gave him for helping was the 1st positive he has had since age 5. Repeat, not insinuating it is your fault in any way, shape or form.

Or could knowing he disturbs you be just the fuel he needs to keep it up?

What mod ric said and suggested in his post, 100%. I'll bet great help is out there. You do not need to reinvent the wheel or go it alone. You are well worth protecting, even if you do let your dog lick your face.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:40 PM
Banned

You know you're gonna marry me...and we'll be together.....FOREVER!!!!

Quick Reply: HUGE stalker problem