Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Fighting defending your girl

Old 12-22-2005, 04:00 PM
werd

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by blktl1
I know what he is saying. I was in a club with my girl when I was holding her and hooking up with her and I had my arm around her when he walked up to her and pushed my arm off and put his around her and tried to talk to her. I gave him no chance to say sorry or to walk away. I just broke his fingers and pushed a pressure point in his fore arm and told him that if he disrespected me again he will not be walking. So I have to say that in most cases I would not care but there are those that you have no choice.
Good
I agree with this line of thinking
Old 12-22-2005, 04:02 PM
werd

Originally Posted by BEETROOT
not every jackass is worth getting upset about.
I don't know... I guess not EVERY one is, but at some point or another you have to do SOMETHING...
Old 12-22-2005, 04:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It helps to be wearing a shirt like this with the sleeves ripped off

I so need that.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:04 PM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ABreece
I so need that.
I got that and this one last week:

Old 12-22-2005, 04:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts

just bought this! Thanks beet!

Old 12-22-2005, 04:10 PM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts

oh man... I used to wear this Tshirt every day in like 3rd grade...

Old 12-22-2005, 04:14 PM
werd

oh man... I used to wear this Tshirt every day in like 3rd grade...

oh shit!
Old 12-22-2005, 04:26 PM
horny =

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Doesn't a group of friends come with a "likes to fight guy?"
Old 12-22-2005, 04:28 PM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
my wife wouldnt instigate it, but if i feel that she is uncomfortable i would step in, she can handle herself very well. if it came down to violence, no one would hurt her. i have real good control of my actions but once they cross the line my adrenaline rushes and i couldnt guarantee what would happen
Old 12-22-2005, 05:06 PM
Team Owner

I always take it out on her, verbally and physically. It's just so much easier.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by amisconception
The only thing worse than getting your ass beat is getting your ego/pride destroyed...
I agree with this. I must add that I have known a few hard headed females that would feel the same way and would get pissed if I didn't let them take care of shit on their own. I guess if your girl is like that you just have to make sure he doesn't hit her.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:27 PM
ALi G in the House!

dats it, i'mma start shit with you..come to vegas this weekend you punk! JK how you doing? long time no see bro..you done?
Old 12-22-2005, 07:25 PM
Racer

If someone hitting on my girl, I generally don't say anything and would be flatter that someone else think my girl is hot. If she let it happen then she a hoes not even worth the time. But if she say she got a man and to leave her alone and the guy still pushing on her, that's a different story. I wouldn't fight to win a girl affection but would kick the hell out of someone that was being rude to mine and not knowing when he cross the line.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Always Dirty
I always take it out on her, verbally and physically. It's just so much easier.
A real Ladies' Man
Old 12-22-2005, 10:01 PM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by amisconception
Guys: OK So, at what point do you say enough is enough with words and actually beat the shit out of someone who's being aggressive?
Fighting is immature, not right, and totally uncalled for unless someone is in immediate danger. Why would I want to be with someone who has no impulse control, can become violent, and can't work out issues (or leave 'em alone when they can't be worked out at the time) without becoming physical?! Fighting's dumb, pathetic, and immature. What are you going to do if someone pisses you off --- still beat the crap out of them when you're 55?! Gotta learn other ways eventually. Grow up. If there's a problem in your immediate surroundings: leave.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301971&highlight=mall

Love you, Baby!

Old 12-22-2005, 10:38 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Fist fighting is fucking stupid
Old 12-23-2005, 07:44 AM
im back

Originally Posted by Street Spirit
Fighting is immature, not right, and totally uncalled for unless someone is in immediate danger. Why would I want to be with someone who has no impulse control, can become violent, and can't work out issues (or leave 'em alone when they can't be worked out at the time) without becoming physical?! Fighting's dumb, pathetic, and immature. What are you going to do if someone pisses you off --- still beat the crap out of them when you're 55?! Gotta learn other ways eventually. Grow up. If there's a problem in your immediate surroundings: leave.

Sometimes there are no ways around it and sometimes there are. Some people look for fights and they'll do what they have to just to get into one. But personally i dont like when people used to hit on my ex gf but i wouldn't fight them for it, i'd just tell them to move along. most people back down at the 1st sign of aggression. I did have to threaten one of my now current friends for saying some shit to my ex gf one night. "your the most beautiful girl i've ever seen, you should dump rob and get with me" all touching her face and trying to hug her. Lets just say i grabbed him by his neck, threw him up against my friends car and told him some menacing racial things(he's black) that i shouldn't have said but we both apologized a week or so later. Sometimes its just what has to be done and you dont think before you act
Old 12-23-2005, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by I am RobG
Sometimes there are no ways around it and sometimes there are. Some people look for fights and they'll do what they have to just to get into one. But personally i dont like when people used to hit on my ex gf but i wouldn't fight them for it, i'd just tell them to move along. most people back down at the 1st sign of aggression. I did have to threaten one of my now current friends for saying some shit to my ex gf one night. "your the most beautiful girl i've ever seen, you should dump rob and get with me" all touching her face and trying to hug her. Lets just say i grabbed him by his neck, threw him up against my friends car and told him some menacing racial things(he's black) that i shouldn't have said but we both apologized a week or so later. Sometimes its just what has to be done and you dont think before you act
Meh....No...Fighting's still stupid.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:31 AM

Just think - if you got in a scuffle with someone who ended up charging you and/or suing you, would it have been worth it? ....Having a criminal record, or going to jail, or being on probation, or doing community service, or owing a monetary settlement..... Bet you'd feel really stupid then!
I'm glad what you fought over was really important though!

...Fighting over girls that half of you will end up breaking up with anyway.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:46 AM
50? you must be kidding!

Last fight I was in was about 30 years ago.......

It was over this very type of thing and I felt I had no choice. It lasted about 15 seconds and I suspect he never had children. She was standing at the bar she worked in, a guy she knew walked up and started pulling on her arm, she pulled away, he hit her in the head (he didn't know I was right behind him...)

Since then I have learned to work through situations and frankly haven't been confronted by anything similar. I expect if I saw a guy abusing a woman I'd have to step in, but physical means should be a last resort
Old 12-23-2005, 09:13 AM
im back

so if someone thinks your "staring at his girl" and walks up to you and hits you in the face, you're not gonna fight back, you're gonna sit there and take it. In the real world things like this happen, the world is full of dirtbags and shitheads looking to cause trouble and sometimes there is no way around it. You can't talk your way outta getting hit in the face.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:24 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301971&highlight=mall

Love you, Baby!

I just spend 10 minutes looking for the link to that thread and just now realized you had it posted in white
Old 12-23-2005, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by dom
I just spend 10 minutes looking for the link to that thread and just now realized you had it posted in white

Took ya long enough!!

Someone finally found the punchline!

:troutslap How were you searching? -- Took me under 3 seconds to find it! Threads by "Dan Martin" + "mall" =

Old 12-23-2005, 10:06 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
I couldn't remember where it happened, so I just looked through all the threads started by Dan.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:07 AM

so if someone thinks your "staring at his girl" and walks up to you and hits you in the face.....
I don't like women.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:07 AM
Team Owner

Given, but the point is that sometimes there's no other option. Thinking otherwise is either naive, idealistic, or a combination of the two.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by dom
I couldn't remember where it happened, so I just looked through all the threads started by Dan.
Poor, poor Dom... Too much exposure to Dan =
Old 12-23-2005, 10:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dom
A feel good story for Xmas.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:37 AM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
I don't like women.
How many times do you have to post that you are in fact female? Apparently the picture you posted as evidence in the members thread wasn't enough!

Anyway, fighting is stupid. The only time I ever hit someone at a bar or something was when I was dancing with my now-ex boyfriend and some old guy (and I mean like grey hair old) came up to me and grabbed my ass. I clocked him in the face and when he tried to hit me back I kicked him in the stomach, then HE got thrown out of the bar.

Some of you guys need to stop being so possessive of your girlfriends. Some of you speak as if she's your PROPERTY. What kind of an idiot can't speak for herself? If the guy hits her out of nowhere that's a different story though.

But I also think those choch girls who provoke guys are bitches too. You know the ones that try to start a fight between their boyfriend and another guy...if she ends up harassing some guy and hitting him to the point that he hits back (I would), she can fight for herself and lose for all I care.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by youngTL
Some of you guys need to stop being so possessive of your girlfriends. Some of you speak as if she's your PROPERTY. What kind of an idiot can't speak for herself? If the guy hits her out of nowhere that's a different story though.
Exactly! Although not necessarily referring to people here, but someone's got to be very insecure, immature, jealous, and possessive if they get so angry and upset with someone else just looking or talking to their partner!! Unless she's in danger, I don't see why guys need to swoop in and make a scene of it.

Half the time I think the BF's are the ones more upset about those kinds of situations than the girl herself. If you trust her and know she's mature and committed, who cares if someone says hello?! -- She'll ward him off if she's uncomfortable. Definitely NOT worth starting a fight over, and starting one doesn't prove your manhood....only shows your stupidy, insecurity, and jealousy.
Old 12-25-2005, 01:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by youngTL
Some of you guys need to stop being so possessive of your girlfriends. Some of you speak as if she's your PROPERTY. What kind of an idiot can't speak for herself?
With all due respect to the board, AZ is a materialistic kind of place. The membership here is about the bling. The cars, the condos, the WEGA TVs, and the girls. It's about men and their stuff. And their inane IM convos between Desis. (AOL-IM qualifies as stuff too, along with computers and cellphones.)

We're all 'stuff people' here now.

And while I'm paraphrasing Nixon ... 'she might be a bish, but she's MY bish'
Old 12-25-2005, 02:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
I've only had to a few times. One involved a homeless guy who would NOT go away and kept trying to grab her...
Old 12-25-2005, 06:01 AM
Race Director

well see for me, i have a lower tolerance than my boyfriend. so if its gotten to the point where he would step in to do something, ive already done something myself.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:05 PM
Engineer

Received 76 Likes on 53 Posts
if it gets to that point i would throw down, but that would involve a lot, not anything stupid... if a guy is just tryin to pick her up i got enough trust to let it slide, because if i didnt have that trust i would not be with her...

say some guy is drunk and puts my girl in a position and she looks at me and wants out... i will first tell him to back off, but if he is being belligerent and attacks me he is goin down...
Old 12-25-2005, 02:23 PM
The Third Ball

Received 5,105 Likes on 2,708 Posts

Well, you're the the model of a mature human being. I think I just heard every pair of panites in acurazine drop...

You're an idiot.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:04 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
some faggot called my girl a puta becuase i beeped the horn at him for stopping in the middle of a busy street that has no left turn signs everywhere. So he kept going straight and at the next light looked over and called my girl a puta. so i followed him. He jumped out of the car and when i jumped out he ran like a bitch creaming, bolice, help bolice. He was the fucking puta. I will always defend my girl and the people i love, but being married with a kid on the way changes the way you do things. I dont think i'd get out of hand any more. I have too much to live for.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:08 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

i have a very short fuse as well but usually all i need is words to get sum1 to back up real quick. if not ill get into it. im startin to realize though that grls dont really like that. apparantly they think they can handle the situation themselves and then if they cant, they ask for the help.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:09 PM
TQ > MPG

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Its funny I see this thread tonite, as something like this JUST happened a couple hours ago. My gf was stopping by my apt to get something and it was like 9pm. She was by herself as i was at work. She said some guys in a car parked in front of my building (i know the car, i've seen it before) barked something at her as she was walking by. She didnt even look back, but after she got inside she heard a couple bangs on the door, but wasnt 100% sure it was on my door. My apt is a 2nd level and the front door is pretty far away from where she was.

I was initially kinda pissed, not so much that they said something, because she is pretty hot and they were the typical white wannabe thugs that seem to be congregating in this area. It was the whole banging on MY front door to get the attention of MY girlfriend.

I doubt I'll do anything at this point, since she wasnt upset, but she did have to wait for theem to leave before she was comfortable enough to leave my apt. Thats a bunch of bullshit if you ask me, especially since its a nice area and our rent is godamn $1200/month.

Thank god I'm buying a house in a couple weeks in a really quiet & nice area. Cant wait to be rid of some of these retards.

If I ever see them when I'm with her and they say something you know the shit is on, but I usually try not to start something unless its really unavoidable.

The problem is that if you do get into a fight, and lets say you kick the shit out of thee other guy, unless it was self defense you can go to jail and get the shit sued out of you. Not usually worth it in most cases.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Joe5.0
If I ever see them when I'm with her and they say something you know the shit is on, but I usually try not to start something unless its really unavoidable.
^^ Doesn't make sense....That fight *is* totally avoidable though....Just ignore it. It's almost as dumb as doing something cuz someone 'looked at you the wrong way.' What they're doing might be rude, annoying, or uninvited, but not worth fighting over.....Beating someone up over words isn't worth it. My only though.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:49 AM
TQ > MPG

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Dont get me wrong, im not looking for a fight at all. But theres a line where you basically have to say enough is enough. I'm dead sure if they saw me with her they wouldnt say anything, and I dont even think if they did I would start anything, but if someone continues to harass your woman even though you say something then I think the line is getting close to being crossed.

Dont get me wrong, I'm no thug. I'm a 6' 170lb white boy, but I grew up in a not so nice area of Detroit and could defend myself if need be.

Quick Reply: Fighting defending your girl