Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Do Asian girls dig Latin guys?

Old 06-03-2005, 12:22 AM
Teh McLovin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really don't know what it is about Asian women. I am drawn to them. However, I get the sense that given their culture, they wouldn't even think about bringing a Latino home. They seem to be too concerned with following the wishes of their parents, even if it means sacrificing their own happiness.

My ex-girlfriend was Chinese/Filipino. Our relationship fell apart for a variety of reasons, but I can't help that see did me a favor. Here's why. According to her, she would be disowned for dating me. As far as her parents were concerned, non-Asians need not apply. Supposedly, only other Chinese/Filipinos were suitable. For the entire 18 months that we were together, the only family member of hers that I met was her sister. I made it abundantly clear to her that I wasn't going to be kept a secret forever. Hell, maybe that was one of the reasons our relationship ended.

I'm really trying hard to keep an open mind. I don't want to be disillusioned to the point where I rely on stereotypes to live my life. I guess I'm waiting for that one girl that will prove me wrong.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:18 AM
Columbia Univ. c/o 2004

Originally Posted by TypeSGearhead
I really don't know what it is about Asian women. I am drawn to them. However, I get the sense that given their culture, they wouldn't even think about bringing a Latino home. They seem to be too concerned with following the wishes of their parents, even if it means sacrificing their own happiness.

My ex-girlfriend was Chinese/Filipino. Our relationship fell apart for a variety of reasons, but I can't help that see did me a favor. Here's why. According to her, she would be disowned for dating me. As far as her parents were concerned, non-Asians need not apply. Supposedly, only other Chinese/Filipinos were suitable. For the entire 18 months that we were together, the only family member of hers that I met was her sister. I made it abundantly clear to her that I wasn't going to be kept a secret forever. Hell, maybe that was one of the reasons our relationship ended.

I'm really trying hard to keep an open mind. I don't want to be disillusioned to the point where I rely on stereotypes to live my life. I guess I'm waiting for that one girl that will prove me wrong.
Keep up the pursuit for what you want whatever it may be. What I can tell you is that my folks wouldn't be all that thrilled if I were to bring a Hispanic/Mexican woman home, but they wouldn't deny me the opportunity to be with her. Nor would they neglect her the opportunity to be with the family. I know this, cos I have brought one home and that was the exact reaction that I was given.

For asians, at least with my parents, it all comes down to this itemized list of standards. That is any significant other you bring home must be well educated (I'm talking about at least a Bachelor's degree... with a cum laude standing which a moron can get nowadays), a solid career path (note: I said career and not a some job), dignified appearance (just look clean and presentable), proper etiquette (don't lose sight of your manners and learn their customs), and obviously a loving personality (basically charisma). With my folks if you aren't educated, your basically frown upon. Its just a "no-no". I mean the expectations they have for you are likely similar if not identical to those that they have for their daughters.

Thats just how I've found it to be with my folks and all the asian friends parents I know. If you can meet their standards, then chances are they'll learn to accept you regardless of your ethnicity (in time that is).
Old 06-03-2005, 10:21 AM
50? you must be kidding!

Originally Posted by GeishaGirl
Thats kind of funny. I've dated a lot of guys with less in the financial area than I. Somehow that just never works out though, always arguments related to money Or the mofo just ends up with that stupid male pride thing where he has to be the breadwinner and takes his frustration out on me I'll never do that shit again
You can take care of me Nori!!!! I don't fight about money! and if you want to make more than me, that's cool!!!!

Old 06-03-2005, 12:41 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by typeSb00st
from what i've see and experienced; the bags and clothes they MUST have and judging me of being 'whitewashed' ,then yea, call me ignorant.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:39 PM
Racer

TypeSGearhead, your best bet would probably be with a Filipino chick. They are more willing to date all sorts of guys outside their race. Chinese, Japanese, etc. chicks are too into their culture and most of the time need their parents approval. Filipino parents want their kids with Filipinos too but they get over it. My sister is currently dating a Mexican guy and before that she dated a Guatemalan guy. I have a cousins who's married to a black, white, chinese, japanese, hispanic guys. One thing to consider about Filipino girls are they are Latinos as well. Which may or may not be a good thing for you, depending on what you are looking for. If you are just looking for the look, some Filipino girls look pure Asian and others look Latin. I personally like Filipinos more than other Asians. I like all kinds of women but I'm not too fond of the typical Asian (Oriental) look. I like em like Kristen Kruek. I prefer Hispanic and white women more than Asians. In the end though I ended up with a Filipino wife. It's just much easier getting along with someone who grew up with the same culture. Luckily, she's mestiza.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:12 PM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts

You should never have to keep your relationship secret. Trust me I know exactly how that feels. Besides, there are plenty of asian girls who just don't care what their family thinks anymore. I know 3 off the top of my head. One of them has been dating one of my best friends for the past 4 years and he's caucasian. Her mom doesn't trust him very much, but that hasn't stopped them from going with how they feel.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:01 PM
Diamonds are forever...

Originally Posted by mfkitson
You can take care of me Nori!!!! I don't fight about money! and if you want to make more than me, that's cool!!!!

Didn't you read the "I'll never do that shit again " part!!! You need to take care of me!
Old 06-03-2005, 09:43 PM
Teh McLovin

Geisha,
If you don't mind me asking, are you currently in a relationship?
Old 06-03-2005, 10:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 71 Likes on 28 Posts
I'm Filipino and I haven't dated any Latin guy simply because I don't know any
Old 06-03-2005, 11:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
2 of my good friends are indian, one is going out with an asian girl (for about 2 years now), the other guy dated an asian girl for like 4 years. I hooked up with two asian girls as well. I guess it depends on the guy.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:12 PM
Old fart

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by TLD
I think they do, but they're kind of shy and I hate shy girls. I'm an Asian dude and I love latin women, especially Puerto Ricans.
Puerto Rican women...
Being in PR for 3 months changed me
Old 06-04-2005, 02:43 AM
Diamonds are forever...

Geisha,
hell
Old 06-04-2005, 03:27 PM
Teh McLovin

LOL! If they by choice, or are you down in your luck like many of us here?
Old 06-04-2005, 04:23 PM
CL-S retired 10.17.06

I would say yes, asian girls like the papi chulo, just don't act like it if they try to bring you home. Always gotta impress the parents first or just find an asian chick whose parents live abroad and will never see you. Asian chicks are great and exotic..blah blah, but those spanish girls with the way they move and talk is for example: shakira, don't like her music but her new video...the way she moves her hips is nice
Old 06-04-2005, 04:25 PM
Diamonds are forever...

LOL! If they by choice, or are you down in your luck like many of us here?
Its not that there is a total lack of eligible candidates, I'm just not ready to take that kind of risk again When I'm in a relationship I tend to give it my all, and the next time I do that it'll be for someone worth it, which I must admit is getting harder and harder to come by these days
Old 06-04-2005, 04:49 PM
Banned

Geisha,
i think she's in a relationship with AZ
Old 06-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Diamonds are forever...

Originally Posted by matelot
i think she's in a relationship with AZ
Old 06-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TSX 'R' US
Puerto Rican women...
Being in PR for 3 months changed me
haha knew it !
Old 06-05-2005, 04:11 AM
Teh McLovin

Shit, maybe a should book a trip to PR.
Old 06-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Advanced

I'm Sicilian&Spanish and I've dated Cambodian, Korean, Japanese, Viet, Laos, and others I don't care to remember. I was always the guy on the side. There boyfriends were always Asian. I was good enough to sleep with but not good enough to bring home to there parents. I would say for the most part they were shy, I guess it comes down to your"game" I never let the ethnic background get in my way of dating a woman. I once asked a this girl out everyday for a 3 months. Everyday was the same answer"NO". Finally she said "Yes" and we dated for 3 years. Be persistant, and you can get the girl you want.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:35 PM
Racer

maan

I wish I had that kind of patience
Old 06-05-2005, 02:42 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by 01_CL-S_COUPE
I once asked a this girl out everyday for a 3 months. Everyday was the same answer"NO". Finally she said "Yes" and we dated for 3 years. Be persistant, and you can get the girl you want.
so that's where i went wrong. i usually hear "no" and move on.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:26 AM
Teh McLovin

I think I'm beating my head up against a wall here. Let me explain. I've been talking with this girl for the past few months. Met her at a cafe. She's Japanese, and has been in the States for the past year or so. Her English is so basic she carries around a translator. I felt obligated to pick up a Japanese phrasebook to faciliate communication.

We've gone out a couple of times, and its been fun. Quite frankly, I've just been looking for someone to hang out with. If something more develops, then so be it. But the chances of that happening are remote, since she has a boyfriend back in Japan.

Anyways, last time we went out, and asked her about getting together again. She said she would get back to me. To make a long story short, she didn't. This was after I reminded her a few times, for we see each other at this cafe frequently. I even had sent her a few emails, to which she didn't respond to.

I was blown away by her lack of courtesy. Needless to say, she had borrowed some CDs of mine. I ultimately sent her an email asking for my CDs back. Strangely, she responded, and she even asked if I had done something to make her mad.

I've never been one to sugarcoat shit. So I responded, expressing my displeasure with her rudeness (i.e. not responding to my emails, leaving me hanging about going out, etc.) She responded by apologizing, say that she was wrong.

Ran into her at the cafe today. She had my CDs for me (these were important to me, and I was afraid that I wasn't gonna get them back). I made some small talk with her, and she apologized again for what happened. I said that it was no big deal, and I asked her to call me.

Maybe I am reading way too much into this, but is this it? Am I ever gonna be able to go out with this girl socially? Is the "ball in her court"? I think its on her to call me and ask me out as well. We are "just friends", so I don't feel compelled to ask her out ALL the time and pay for EVERYTHING. Or do I just have the shittest luck with Asian women (or women in general). OK, rant over!
Old 06-06-2005, 02:36 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think I'm beating my head up against a wall here. Let me explain. I've been talking with this girl for the past few months. Met her at a cafe. She's Japanese, and has been in the States for the past year or so. Her English is so basic she carries around a translator. I felt obligated to pick up a Japanese phrasebook to faciliate communication.

We've gone out a couple of times, and its been fun. Quite frankly, I've just been looking for someone to hang out with. If something more develops, then so be it. But the chances of that happening are remote, since she has a boyfriend back in Japan.

Anyways, last time we went out, and asked her about getting together again. She said she would get back to me. To make a long story short, she didn't. This was after I reminded her a few times, for we see each other at this cafe frequently. I even had sent her a few emails, to which she didn't respond to.

I was blown away by her lack of courtesy. Needless to say, she had borrowed some CDs of mine. I ultimately sent her an email asking for my CDs back. Strangely, she responded, and she even asked if I had done something to make her mad.

I've never been one to sugarcoat shit. So I responded, expressing my displeasure with her rudeness (i.e. not responding to my emails, leaving me hanging about going out, etc.) She responded by apologizing, say that she was wrong.

Ran into her at the cafe today. She had my CDs for me (these were important to me, and I was afraid that I wasn't gonna get them back). I made some small talk with her, and she apologized again for what happened. I said that it was no big deal, and I asked her to call me.

Maybe I am reading way too much into this, but is this it? Am I ever gonna be able to go out with this girl socially? Is the "ball in her court"? I think its on her to call me and ask me out as well. We are "just friends", so I don't feel compelled to ask her out ALL the time and pay for EVERYTHING. Or do I just have the shittest luck with Asian women (or women in general). OK, rant over!

Does that answer your question?
Old 06-06-2005, 02:41 AM
Teh McLovin

Then again, her boyfriend's in Japan. Fucking around in another country doesn't count, right? Who's to say he's not fucking around?
Old 06-06-2005, 03:14 AM
Instructor

Then again, her boyfriend's in Japan. Fucking around in another country doesn't count, right? Who's to say he's not fucking around?
meh. like another cat said, euro girls >asian girls. preach on who ever his name was.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:18 AM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

It counts regardless of where you are IMHO... if you were on Mars "fucking" around with some alien babe it would still count as cheating a.k.a "Fucking around"...

The answer to the question "Do Asian girls dig Latin guys?" is NO!!! about 98 percent of Asian woman wouldn't be caught with a guy of latin origion... nooow, there are those 2% of Asian woman that might consider it... explore with a latin guy and about 1% would actually stay...

Then again, go to Mexicali and you'll see a lot of "Mexicans" with Asian ethnic backgrounds... In other words... They look walk cook and basicly live like Asian's... buuut speak perfect spanish, born or raised in Mexico... etc... etc... I don't remember why this is, i think it was something to do with WWII...

Either way... There are some girls out their (that are asian) that would date a latin guy... EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT!!! REGARDLESS OF ETHNICITY

Just to add... Latino's/Hispanics etc... breed with every culture we are the ones making that "Perfect Ethnic Group"... the perfect human... SOON no one will be different...

Old 06-06-2005, 12:04 PM
No longer in denial

Originally Posted by spooky3ce

The answer to the question "Do Asian girls dig Latin guys?" is NO!!! about 98 percent of Asian woman wouldn't be caught with a guy of latin origion... nooow, there are those 2% of Asian woman that might consider it... explore with a latin guy and about 1% would actually stay...

Then again, go to Mexicali and you'll see a lot of "Mexicans" with Asian ethnic backgrounds... In other words... They look walk cook and basicly live like Asian's... buuut speak perfect spanish, born or raised in Mexico... etc... etc... I don't remember why this is, i think it was something to do with WWII...

Since my mom is mostly Chinese by ethnicity (lets say 15/16 Chinese, 1/16 Jewish) but born and raised in Panama, and my dad's Mexican, I feel I had to add my

Yes it is rare to find people of my mix out there, I've known that all my life. What a lot of people don't realize is that Chinese people left China to flee communisim, some caught a boat to the Philippines, some went to Vietnam, and some went to central america/mexico, some came here to the US. So hence, you will have Chinese people that speak, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Spanish, etc.

I think here in America we play up race so highly (not to say this doesn't occur in other countries because it does), however with mixed people like myself being out there, it is IMO that hopefully these racial issues won't be as big of an issue later down the line when it is more socially acceptable for people to date outside their ethnicity. Latin America has been a big old melting pot for centeries now so this isn't some new idea. I think its only going to take some time and generations to pass before people start getting rid of their "old school/old country" ideals and stop disapproving of interracial dating.

People in my generation seem to be more open to it, but I still come across a lot of people that refuse to marry or date outside their race
Old 06-06-2005, 12:40 PM
S = Slow

i'm uglypsycho's girlfriend and i happen to be chinese. so from an asian girl's standpoint, i can tell you that most like to date within their race, but there are exceptional ones that ONLY date outside their race. my best friend for example is vietnamese and she only likes men that are NOT asian. but hey if you really like someone, then the race of that person should blur into insignificance.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by UglyPsycho
i'm uglypsycho's girlfriend and i happen to be chinese. so from an asian girl's standpoint, i can tell you that most like to date within their race, but there are exceptional ones that ONLY date outside their race. my best friend for example is vietnamese and she only likes men that are NOT asian. but hey if you really like someone, then the race of that person should blur into insignificance.
he lets you use his sign-in ?
Old 06-06-2005, 01:43 PM
Banned

yes that's it. you can forget about it when you asked for the CDs back.
I personally dont care just my 2-cents and experience:
Women HATE "small-mindness" or pettiness.
Honestly you should have prepared for NOT ever going to expect to get them back.

I'd have burned copies cause I dont have the "balls" to go : "er..hi Mamiko can I have my CDs back, thanks !..."
Old 06-06-2005, 02:07 PM
S = Slow

Originally Posted by matelot
he lets you use his sign-in ?
well it was him who told me to put my opinion in here. so i have his permission
Old 06-06-2005, 02:54 PM
Banned

:shakehead
Old 06-06-2005, 03:50 PM
Safety Car

You need to go to Peru to find an asian woman that digs latin men! There are lots of them there!
Old 06-06-2005, 06:13 PM
4th Gear

i think that some native speakers may have a communication problem with people who speak very little english or who just not speak as fluent as native eng. speakers do. then that is a misunderstanding.-_-!!

that's what i've experienced.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:37 PM
Teh McLovin

oye mate,
these CDs were of Miles Davis and John Coltrane. I wasn't gonna let these ones go. Second, I was offended by her lack of courtesy. Quite frankly, I really could care less whether we went out that one time or not. All she had to do was say now. I think its wrong to leave someone hanging. Shit, is civility dead?
Old 06-07-2005, 09:30 AM
Burning Brakes

oye mate,
these CDs were of Miles Davis and John Coltrane. I wasn't gonna let these ones go. Second, I was offended by her lack of courtesy. Quite frankly, I really could care less whether we went out that one time or not. All she had to do was say now. I think its wrong to leave someone hanging. Shit, is civility dead?
Perhaps you could have made copies of those for her instead of letting her borrowing your originals. She's foreign, she may have felt uncomfortable or due to her language barrier, may not know how to properly respond or reject to your requests. I don't think she is worth the time since she already has a boyfriend back home in Japan.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:23 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by TheMainEvEnt
Perhaps you could have made copies of those for her instead of letting her borrowing your originals. She's foreign, she may have felt uncomfortable or due to her language barrier, may not know how to properly respond or reject to your requests. I don't think she is worth the time since she already has a boyfriend back home in Japan.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:49 AM
Teh McLovin

Hold up, hold up. What ever happened to civility? How the hell did everything become my fault? What the hell happened to common courtesy? As I mentioned before, if something more developed out of this friendship, so be it. I wasn't really expecting anything more. I would've just hoped that this girl would have exercised more courtesy. I'm sorry, but I don't buy the whole cultural argument. Rude is rude.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:34 AM
Safety Car

Hold up, hold up. What ever happened to civility? How the hell did everything become my fault? What the hell happened to common courtesy? As I mentioned before, if something more developed out of this friendship, so be it. I wasn't really expecting anything more. I would've just hoped that this girl would have exercised more courtesy. I'm sorry, but I don't buy the whole cultural argument. Rude is rude.

Your talking about common courtesy? Wasn't it rude to ask her out knowing she already had a boyfriend? It looks to me like you got what you deserved.

Quick Reply: Do Asian girls dig Latin guys?