Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

This is depressing...

Old 04-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
This is depressing...

1. In a relationship that doesn't bring me happiness and joy as its supposed to. Plus she lives 270 miles away. Plus being w/o a girlfriend seems like it would be even worse...

2. My brother didn't pass the bar for the second time. He's okay with it, and thinking about other oppourtunities...I'm kind of mad at God b/c I feel like my relationship w/ Him is growing, and "stuff" just isn't going right...

3. One of my best friends at work is leaving. She happens to be female, and we have happened to have spent "quality time" together...foolish mistake considering we work together, but it happened. Now she's leaving which really is a good thing a way, but as a friend she will really be missed. It probably sounds rediculous but....I'm probably not explaining it well. She's going through a lot of family stuff as well, so we haven't been texting or talking as we usually do. I'm torn between giving her the space that she needs to deal wtih her stuff, and wanting her to "need" me to help her....really makes no sense, but that is my thought process.....We haven't been physically together in a while, which is a good thing, but emotionally I'm clearly still attatched...

Just found why she's leaving...she was supposedly separated/devorced from her husband, but they do have a child together...so supposedly they invested in money to open a nursing school, and she's moving to help him get it started in Philadelphia...we started hanging out when my gf and I were broken up btw...so its not even like she just won't be working here, she'll completely gone for good.

4. I'm broke...I wrote a check for my rent for $895 for my rent and I have $907 in my account. Living in DC is crazy expensive...I wanted to move down here, and I'm glad I did...maybe I need to find a better job? Clearly I do...but its not that easy...I'm very uneasy about interviewing and the "unkown"...guess I have to man up...

Anyway, sometimes it helps to write out your problems issues....I feel just as bad as I did before I started writing, but oh well.

(almost literally...)

I'm trying to dance in the rain (read my quote)....but at this time, its kind of hard....
Old 04-07-2008, 01:11 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Sucks to hear, but let me lighten things up:

1. At least you have someone. And breaking up and being 26 and single isn't the worst thing in the world either.

2. Everyone fails the bar at least once, it's not really a big deal. Plus, it's temporary.

3. This is not the end of the world, it's not like she is dying. It obviously wasn't going to work out between you anyway.

4. I wish I could find a place to rent for $895 a month.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Team Owner

Received 599 Likes on 417 Posts
OK. Sorry man. Sounds tough.

My suggestion....work on what you can change NOW.

You cannot do anything about the co-worker. It's rough, but people come in and out of your life. Get used to it. Be her friend, just know that your relationship with her is going to change.

Your brother is dealing with his issue. He will pass eventually. Just be supportive and don't dwell on it.

Your financial issue is what a lot of us go through in our mid-20's. Think about changing your lifestyle. Maybe cut back where you can. Get a room mate. Get a second Job. I'll be 33 this year and have worked 2 jobs for about 8 years. NJ isn't that cheap either. Either move, or work towards fixing it. Worrying about money is not going to solve your problem.

Lastly, the girlfriend....if you are unhappy, then end it. Do not think it will 100% get better if you move closer to her. If I were you I would work at it with her. Maybe your other problems are making you that depressed that you are stopping yourself from being happy.

Hope you get over it.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

lol...I'm sitting at my desk and my eyes are watering like a bytch....

Must have really been into her more than I expected....oh well....I'm sure I'll get over it.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,235 Likes on 824 Posts
Chin up...
Old 04-07-2008, 05:06 PM
werd

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
What do you get out of your long distance relationship?
Old 04-07-2008, 09:37 PM
luvs redheads!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
chin up man, when you think you got it bad someone has it worse.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:27 PM
Old Man Yelling at Clouds

Received 7,362 Likes on 3,906 Posts
You'll weather the storm - be certain of that. You'll wake up tomorrow, and you'll have another day. You'll make it through that, and you'll have another. This will all sort out. Just remember, sometimes we have to get so low the only place to look us up. Place your trust where you know it needs to be - the rest will unfold as it should.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:57 PM
Making it Happen

Originally Posted by YoungCeo
1. In a relationship that doesn't bring me happiness and joy as its supposed to. Plus she lives 270 miles away. Plus being w/o a girlfriend seems like it would be even worse...

2. My brother didn't pass the bar for the second time. He's okay with it, and thinking about other oppourtunities...I'm kind of mad at God b/c I feel like my relationship w/ Him is growing, and "stuff" just isn't going right...

3. One of my best friends at work is leaving. She happens to be female, and we have happened to have spent "quality time" together...foolish mistake considering we work together, but it happened. Now she's leaving which really is a good thing a way, but as a friend she will really be missed. It probably sounds rediculous but....I'm probably not explaining it well. She's going through a lot of family stuff as well, so we haven't been texting or talking as we usually do. I'm torn between giving her the space that she needs to deal wtih her stuff, and wanting her to "need" me to help her....really makes no sense, but that is my thought process.....We haven't been physically together in a while, which is a good thing, but emotionally I'm clearly still attatched...

Just found why she's leaving...she was supposedly separated/devorced from her husband, but they do have a child together...so supposedly they invested in money to open a nursing school, and she's moving to help him get it started in Philadelphia...we started hanging out when my gf and I were broken up btw...so its not even like she just won't be working here, she'll completely gone for good.

4. I'm broke...I wrote a check for my rent for $895 for my rent and I have $907 in my account. Living in DC is crazy expensive...I wanted to move down here, and I'm glad I did...maybe I need to find a better job? Clearly I do...but its not that easy...I'm very uneasy about interviewing and the "unkown"...guess I have to man up...

Anyway, sometimes it helps to write out your problems issues....I feel just as bad as I did before I started writing, but oh well.

(almost literally...)

I'm trying to dance in the rain (read my quote)....but at this time, its kind of hard....
Doesn't seem so bad to me? Fairly easy to solve

1) You have a g/f 270 miles away at 26. That doesn't make much sense to me. If she's not making you happy end it. You will be single and will be able to mingle until you find the one that will make you happy.

2) Your brother just needs to study a little more, 3rd time will be the charm.

3) You sound more upset because maybe you were actually love with this girl or maybe you thought so as a replacement for your g/f who wasn't making you happy. There will be others that come into your life that won't make this so hard on you.

4) For this one, either cut back on certain expenses or look for a new job with a higher salary. Man up and just go into the interviews confident and speak well and you will be fine!

Honestly, these things will pass in time and you will be just fine!
Old 04-08-2008, 08:14 AM
Three Wheelin'

Morning after update...

1. Well, my gf isn't so bad. I think long distance relationships are very hard, esp since right through here she is saving up for her move (down here to DC in 3 months) and I with my $ situation, we can't really see eachother too often. Funny thing is, the last time she was here, I almost didn't want her to come b/c I had just seen her...wanted to spread out the visits...we talked on the webcam last night, and things are going okay for the time being. I think it will help when she gets here, and also that my work friend isn't here , and I can focus I guess. We'll see...

2. My brother actually handled it much better than I did...he was positive and upbeat. The only thing is...HE ISN'T working!!! But he's been looking at jobs, and has a plan, and if he can be happy/positive, so can I.

3. I did/do love her...actually said that to her last night, and that I was going to miss her. I guess you can say anything when the person is about to leave, but I really did mean it. She's a good friend....no more about this for now....last night we rode the train home and actually cried a bit on her shoulder...

4. I feel more positive about this one this mornign too. I'm selling my house, which in the next few months will bring about $500 a month in extra income...that will be helpful...my original plan was to use that to save, and to invest in my photography equipment, but either way it will help.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:29 AM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Morning after update...

1. Well, my gf isn't so bad. I think long distance relationships are very hard, esp since right through here she is saving up for her move (down here to DC in 3 months) and I with my $ situation, we can't really see eachother too often. Funny thing is, the last time she was here, I almost didn't want her to come b/c I had just seen her...wanted to spread out the visits...we talked on the webcam last night, and things are going okay for the time being. I think it will help when she gets here, and also that my work friend isn't here , and I can focus I guess. We'll see...

2. My brother actually handled it much better than I did...he was positive and upbeat. The only thing is...HE ISN'T working!!! But he's been looking at jobs, and has a plan, and if he can be happy/positive, so can I.

3. I did/do love her...actually said that to her last night, and that I was going to miss her. I guess you can say anything when the person is about to leave, but I really did mean it. She's a good friend....no more about this for now....last night we rode the train home and actually cried a bit on her shoulder...

4. I feel more positive about this one this mornign too. I'm selling my house, which in the next few months will bring about $500 a month in extra income...that will be helpful...my original plan was to use that to save, and to invest in my photography equipment, but either way it will help.
Are you serious man? You need to man up. I don't feel bad for you at all. Stop being such a pussy. You are in a better situation than a lot of people I know. You have your own place, a job, a girlfriend, and family that you care about. Stop being such a sissy about everything.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:46 AM
But I just got here

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
Co-workers come and go. There's nothing you can do about it aside from keeping in touch with them. As for your girlfriend, 270 miles is nothing. If you wanted to, you could easily drive there every Friday after work and come back on Sunday night.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:10 AM
Making it Happen

Originally Posted by Nitin
Co-workers come and go. There's nothing you can do about it aside from keeping in touch with them. As for your girlfriend, 270 miles is nothing. If you wanted to, you could easily drive there every Friday after work and come back on Sunday night.
Wtf? I'd never drive 3 hours to every weekend at age 26 to see a girl.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:43 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
Are you serious man? You need to man up. I don't feel bad for you at all. Stop being such a pussy. You are in a better situation than a lot of people I know. You have your own place, a job, a girlfriend, and family that you care about. Stop being such a sissy about everything.
I figured someone would come in and say this...and there it is....thanks I actually wasn't asking for a "pitty party" more just getting stuff of my chest.

Originally Posted by Nitin
Thats true...99% that works...but when you become involved with a coworker outside of work, thats where the problem arises...really, i shouldn't have involved myself w/ her anyway for many, many reasons, but the time we've had has been fun, and she was a friend for me, in a brand new city where I didn't have anyone, and its been great.

Originally Posted by Renegade
Wtf? I'd never drive 3 hours to every weekend at age 26 to see a girl.
Yeah, that is a bit much. On top of the fact that gas is $3.50 a gallon...

Last edited by YoungCeo; 04-08-2008 at 09:46 AM.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:58 PM
werd

Originally Posted by amisconception
What do you get out of your long distance relationship?
Are you going to answer this?

With specifics?

What does "Well, my gf isn't so bad" mean?

You're FAR more emotional about this other "friend" than your gf. It's as if she filled an intimacy void.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by amisconception
Are you going to answer this?

With specifics?

What does "Well, my gf isn't so bad" mean?

You're FAR more emotional about this other "friend" than your gf. It's as if she filled an intimacy void.
What do I get out of it? Hmmm....I'll have to get back to you on that one b/c it will take a while....but it is fulfilling for the most part, exept her not physically being there....we have good conversation, she's funny....companionship...now sure if that is what you were looking for....

I think what I meant by gf isn't so bad was specifically for that day in time...we have been distant over the past couple weeks b/c of work, and she's been going to bed a bit earlier...so our communictation time has been VERY limited....but we had a good converstation, go to see her on the camera, so I guess everything is better. Hopefully with the departure of my friend, I'll focus more where I should have been focusing in the first place.

As far as my emotions, I have surprised myself at how emotional I am...kind of wierd. If for some reason by gf broke up with me, it would probably be different only because we would be breaking up for an internal reason, not because of outside circumstances. My work friend and my friendship is perfectly fine, and she is leaving for other reasons...
Old 04-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Benchwarmer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well the Penguins are a 2 seed, which is pretty good.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by IlliNorge
Well the Penguins are a 2 seed, which is pretty good.
that is a good thing....

If only "The Penguins" could come to work with me everyday, be my friend, shoulder to cry on, XXX when I needed that too....oh well I'll be okay
Old 04-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Benchwarmer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that is a good thing....

If only "The Penguins" could come to work with me everyday, be my friend, shoulder to cry on, XXX when I needed that too....oh well I'll be okay
Beastiality is where I draw the line.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:08 PM
werd

Well I'm glad you got the rubber-stamp you were looking for