Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

dating vs. committed relationship

Old 04-26-2005, 02:42 AM
Comptech Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dating vs. committed relationship

ok i am kinda confused here

what is the difference between these two?

i never knew dating a girl can have sex and stuff b4, and isn't that supposed to do it when u into a serious relationship???

sorry for being dumb but i am a typical conservative chinese and not white washed, so i just wanna find out the american culture....

anyone mind to share their thoughts?
Old 04-26-2005, 02:46 AM
Banned

see...you can "date\fuck" however many girls you want without being hassled, but when your in a "commited"relationship, women think your only having sex with them. At least this is what I think.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:52 AM
Comptech Freak

oh
in my previous relationships i didn't get to touch a girl b4 we get into a commited relationship

but this time is an exception, i am dating a girl and do pretty much the same stuff we do in a commited relationship

and hell no, i wouldn't date another girl at the same time if i already got a date mate, and so does my date
Old 04-26-2005, 03:01 AM
Diamonds are forever...

Yeah, apparently times are changing and people are having pre-marital/pre-relationship sex. Its all over this D&R forum Didn't you read the thread about the 3-some or about how someone's boy's gf wants to fuck? Happens all the time mang

It really depends on how you think of dating. I've met some people who make no distinction between dating and an actual relationship. Technically if you're just dating her its like Xenogen said, all is fair game.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:55 AM
50? you must be kidding!

Originally Posted by GeishaGirl
Yeah, apparently times are changing and people are having pre-marital/pre-relationship sex. Its all over this D&R forum Didn't you read the thread about the 3-some or about how someone's boy's gf wants to fuck? Happens all the time mang

It really depends on how you think of dating. I've met some people who make no distinction between dating and an actual relationship. Technically if you're just dating her its like Xenogen said, all is fair game.

Yeah, it's definitely becoming the late 70's again, when I was 19-22, dating was going to a movie, dinnner, sex, or just sex, or sex then dinner/movie. Seems like that is starting to happen again now.

IMHO committed relationship sex is BETTER than date/sex, the emotional connection is there and just adds to the whole experience
Old 04-26-2005, 12:08 PM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

Originally Posted by mfkitson
IMHO committed relationship sex is BETTER than date/sex, the emotional connection is there and just adds to the whole experience
Awww. Ur sooo right!!! Dont just have sex.. Make love!!! hahaha.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:14 PM
Suzuka Master

i kept my chastity until marriage.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:23 PM
Team Owner

Received 598 Likes on 416 Posts
I've always felt more fulfilled in a relationship.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:52 PM
I make Boom Boom in

My

Dating is trying to figure out who you want to be with, what type of qualities in a person you prefer, and it they have the "potential" for more. So you date many girls/guys without any firm committment to that person. For example, when you aren't serious with anyone, you can date two, four, six-plus people at the same time (not on the same date, but in the same week/month). Having sex with these people while you are dating is a moral question you need to answer yourself. Dating is getting to know yourself and what you want and seeing if the other person is compatible enough for you to take the plunge and get into a committed relationship. Some people think that when you date someone you can only date them and no one else. I personally believe the latter is B.S. Gotta think this in terms of economics and opportunity cost. Maximize your pool of potential partners and reduce your time looking for that special someone.

When you are in a committed relationship, that's when you have to take the moral high ground and say to yourself that you won't have intimacy (sex) with anyone else but that person you are with. This could mean any type of physical intimacy..kissing, oral, intercourse, etc... It's like staking your "claim." You don't want someone else to come along and take your significant other for a joy-ride, and then have him/her come to you and give you sloppy seconds.

Anyways, that is all.