Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Bro's before Ho's

Old 08-30-2007 | 09:40 PM
LOLZ McCain Sux

Bro's before Ho's

Backstory
2003 -Me and my Friend make friends with 2 chicks
We hang out a few times (I have a girl I am playing his wingman)
5 months of random hanging out he starts dating one

They date for 2 years (she gets clingy, he starts seeing another girl)
2005-He runs off with new chick, leaves me high and dry ("Wanna hang out? Can't."
Call him, sometimes no response for days)
Old chick (clingy one) we were friends before they dated and while they dated, now my boy has ducked out with new chick I start hanging with her.

2 years go by...
2007-All this time I have been chilling with old chick and her friends (we all had mutual friends) You know we go out to eat, see movies, etc when we are both single, or when one of our significant others are out of town (she knows my girlfriends and I know her boyfriends and no one gets jealous)
My boy breaks up with "new" chick and we start hanging out again.
We now hang out again and finds out I am still hanging with his ex.
He wants me to slow it down and not hang out with her as much (he says he wont tell me to stop because I am a grown man and he cant tell me what to do but out of respect wants me not to hang out as much)

What would you do? Do bro's before ho's work when you were all friends before they started dating?
Old 08-30-2007 | 09:42 PM
Earth-bound misfit

Wait, you're just friends with her...not dating, right?

I don't see the problem. I mean I see what you're asking, I'm just saying he's being unreasonable, imo.
Old 08-31-2007 | 12:18 PM
Instructor

How could someone be your "Bro" when he left you and stopped talking to you for 2 years?

To me the girl is worth more than your "bro". She actually stuck around and chilled with you. What did the dude do to deserve the "bro" title?

in this case, "ho" before "bro".
Old 08-31-2007 | 12:38 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by JJ4Short
We now hang out again and finds out I am still hanging with his ex.
He wants me to slow it down and not hang out with her as much (he says he wont tell me to stop because I am a grown man and he cant tell me what to do but out of respect wants me not to hang out as much)

What would you do? Do bro's before ho's work when you were all friends before they started dating?
THIS IS BULL. Sorry, I agree with synthetic, he is not your bro. If someone broke up with a girl years ago, and is pissed that you are still friends with her, then he is immature.

Shit, my wife dated my old room-mate for a couple weeks years before we got together. Here's what happened. I started dating my wife, he said it was cool with him, gets pissy and moved out. Now mind you he was happily dating someone at the time.

I think if he is your true friend he should be able to deal with it. ESPECIALLY if you are just friends.
Old 08-31-2007 | 01:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

I agree that it's complete crap that your "friend" wants you to stop seeing this girl, especially since you're only friends.
Old 08-31-2007 | 01:24 PM
iDrink

girl wins in this situation. your "bro" is messed up.
Old 08-31-2007 | 01:46 PM
Make MyTL Great Again

If your 'bro' was out of the picture for 2 years, too bad for him. she was more or a friend during the 2 years. I'd fuck her in front of him.
Old 09-01-2007 | 03:04 AM
Feenin on some 20's

there ain't no bro's before hoes, now move on with your chick.

i ain't tryna be harsh here man, it's truth.. there's only very little you can call your BRO foreals.
Old 09-01-2007 | 07:12 AM
Team Owner

Guys that say bros before hos simply aren't getting any.
You need to keep your guy friends but can't prioritize them.

As far as your friend bitching about you hanging with the ex, for him.
Old 09-01-2007 | 09:14 AM
LOLZ McCain Sux

Originally Posted by AdamNJ
If your 'bro' was out of the picture for 2 years, too bad for him. she was more or a friend during the 2 years. I'd fuck her in front of him.
Best response evar!

LOL yeah it has been her before him for a while but now me and him are going into business. He is a cool guy and his relationship with that girl for 2 years fucked him over so I try to remember that but yeah I am not going to stop being friends with her. She is cool and she has a hookup on things so we can eat half off at places and shit...plus she has hot friends.
Old 09-02-2007 | 02:08 AM
There's alot of asian in

Originally Posted by AcuraTLboi
there ain't no bro's before hoes, now move on with your chick.

i ain't tryna be harsh here man, it's truth.. there's only very little you can call your BRO foreals.
I agree, Bro's before hoes is just a damn quote that guys made up to cover their lost.

That never works, because emotional feelings make us guy go nuts. But if you strongly believe in bros before hoes, people will probably call you gay for putting a guy before your girl lol

the only bro you have is your blood one, not meet one.
Old 09-03-2007 | 01:24 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by sifuacura
I agree, Bro's before hoes is just a damn quote that guys made up to cover their lost.

That never works, because emotional feelings make us guy go nuts. But if you strongly believe in bros before hoes, people will probably call you gay for putting a guy before your girl lol

the only bro you have is your blood one, not meet one.
That's not entirely true.

"Bros before Hoes" is actually very legitimate tradition that should be practiced within its normal boundaries.

As sexy and seductive girls can come, they can be pure poison for friendship between males. You should never cut ties with friends just because the "girl" doesn't like them.
Old 09-03-2007 | 01:38 PM
Registered Big Dog

the term bro's before ho's is out of context for this situation,

in no way would u be puttin a ho before your bro by being friends with his ex, now if you were tappin that it would change the whole equation.

now, did he or did he not go ho (his new girl) over bro (you) for a matter of years?

My rule of thumb is if the bro in question truly lives up to the saying then i reciprocate...
Old 09-03-2007 | 08:10 PM
There's alot of asian in

If a friend doesn't hang out with me for awhile to hang out because he got a new girl, he sure ain't my bro.
Old 09-04-2007 | 12:22 AM
seizure force field!

depends... theres bro's over hoes but to a certain extent... pictures of said hoe to set that extent, lol.
Old 09-04-2007 | 06:56 AM
Bent = #1

I agree with everyone else. You shouldn't have to worry about what he says.
Old 09-04-2007 | 09:11 AM
Money is funny.

Originally Posted by AdamNJ
by far one of the best responses evar...2 years high and dry an all of a sudden he wants to be your friend again? he wants to be your friend now cuz he aint got much else goin for him...some girls i know are more my bros than any of my "bros" are...
Old 09-04-2007 | 10:23 AM
Drifting

... where was 'bros before hoes' when he disappeared for 2 years?

that's where it should apply... not here and like others have said ESPECIALLY not when you're just friends...

the thing with people like your 'bro' he can just as easily hook up with another girl and disappear for another 2 years... if that happens will you still be happy with your decision to hang out less with this girl now?
Old 09-04-2007 | 10:26 AM
Bent = #1

^ Very good point. You could ditch the girl and hang out with him, and he could leave you again for another girl. If he was going to be your real "bro" then he shouldn't care if you are hanging out with her.
Old 09-05-2007 | 10:30 PM
I SMELL NAWZ

doesnt sound like a "bro" in my book...

fuck all the bro's before hoes stuff

treat people who treat you well.... well
Old 09-05-2007 | 11:04 PM
Banned

1. A 2 year period does not exclude someone from being a "bro" or even your best most trusted friend...things happen and things unhappen over time

2. To me...the whole "Bros before Hos" question is moot. Either a broad is 100% obviously off limits or is 100% available and cool to go for. If a "Bro" is close enough to where you need to worry about stepping on his toes, you should know without question if the move is cool with him or not.

3. Any real "bro" you should be able to basically approach and ask and get the answer you need. Might mean you take a shot to the jaw from him for beng out of line...but a real "bro" will still be there after tempers cool.

Cliff's Notes:

If you don't either know or can't ask...then he is not a "bro"...therefore...fuck the broad
Old 09-05-2007 | 11:25 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by hornyleprechaun
I agree with everyone else. You shouldn't have to worry about what he says.
Fawk him, he is your friend when it's convenient for him, that's not a real friend, he comes back around and thinks he has a say in who you can hang out with, when you've been cool with her all this time? Screw him, just cuz it's convenient for him to be your "friend" now doesn't mean you have to do what he says
Old 09-05-2007 | 11:27 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

^ Very good point. You could ditch the girl and hang out with him, and he could leave you again for another girl. If he was going to be your real "bro" then he shouldn't care if you are hanging out with her.
HL and I are on the same page with this
Old 09-06-2007 | 07:20 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
HL and I are on the same page with this
Me too. I had "friends" like that. You only hear from them when they are single.
Old 09-06-2007 | 10:17 PM
Suzuka Master

True dat. Look at your boy's actions, you're a "friend of convenience" to him. When he's hittin some chick you're out of sight out of mind. Now he's single he's getting all super j over your friendship with his ex. You haven't tagged her so why is he sweating? Plus, from your description it sounds like she's a much better friend pimpin you out to her girlfriends and hookin you up with the eats. Actions speak louder than words so i'd keep her around and kick his bitch ass to the curb.
Old 09-08-2007 | 04:36 AM
Feenin on some 20's

Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
Me too. I had "friends" like that. You only hear from them when they are single.
that's like all my friends.. or almost... but I feel them.. I don't mind, because seriously, I would be the same if I had a girl myself.