Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Bring me back to Amoeba, I dont care, Just help me (Cliff notes too)

Old 04-11-2006, 11:58 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 04-11-2006, 01:05 PM
I keeps it real

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Progress check -

2%

You think you've come along way with your talk with your father and removing her from your contacts? The fact that the whole discussion was about her religious imcompatibility shows you havent learned shit.

You are the problem, she is not. A talk with your dad about self confidence and independance would have been a step in the right direction. She has moved on and told you in every way possible but verbally until recently. Quit making her the scapegoat for your own issues.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Oh!! 'tis the truth though
Old 04-11-2006, 01:59 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

Location: Gainesville, Fl for college, Palm Beach Gardens, Fl at Home
Originally Posted by GoDucksCLSPride
Progress check -

2%

You think you've come along way with your talk with your father and removing her from your contacts? The fact that the whole discussion was about her religious imcompatibility shows you havent learned shit.

You are the problem, she is not. A talk with your dad about self confidence and independance would have been a step in the right direction. She has moved on and told you in every way possible but verbally until recently. Quit making her the scapegoat for your own issues.
Actually she was making me the scapegoat for her own issues. My father and me spoke about many different things, but I was making the point that a future would be tough anyhow given different circumstances.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:12 PM
Suzuka Master

So, you can find a lot of Jewish, non-Jewish, half-Jewish girls that like southern type guys who cares about all that. Go find someone else.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:32 PM
I'm back, biatch.

there are 3 BILLION other women in this world.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:53 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

I'm just fucking pissed about the time invested or whatever, whatever fuck this whole thing.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:01 PM
I'm back, biatch.

I'm going to go against the common advice of "go out and find a new bitch to bang". I suggest spending some time alone and finding what you enjoy doing on your own. Sports? reading? I'm sure there are things you wished you could do but could never find the time. You've spent that last four years with someone by your side... enjoy the time you have by yourself.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:40 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

But the problem with me, is i fucked up and made her my life, and got so used to that without her being by my side, and saying hey lets go see a movie or hey lets get dinner, i feel so bored and meaningless. I know its my fault for letting that happen.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:40 PM
East Coast Boost.!

Originally Posted by Renegade
But the problem with me, is i fucked up and made her my life
That statement caused a little puke to come up my throat
Old 04-11-2006, 04:52 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

Originally Posted by Titand19
That statement caused a little puke to come up my throat
Well that's honesty, thank got im 19 so i can live and learn and make sure not to do that again.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:47 PM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
grow up man... people here are willing to help you grow up.. but they won't listen to your bitching about that girl over and over again.. once is enough...

trust me... after few weeks, few months and few years, those times you put into her will just become a memory whether it is a good one or bad one... stop thinking you've wasted your time and money... i'm quite sure she thinks she wasted her time on you as well.. and you are wasting your time here doing nothing but crying over this like a little baby.. i really don't think you wasted your time that badly, cuz in the end, you'll have learned the lesson... lesson learned from experience is like a truth... you know it with your heart and you make sure you don't go through the same shit again...

you spilt water on the table.. then you should clean it up with a clean tower... then you forget about it... if you keep crying about it, then you are just stupid..

get out of that situation and move on... and don't say "easier said than done"
Old 04-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Banned

Well that's honesty, thank got im 19 so i can live and learn and make sure not to do that again.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:20 AM
Instructor

I think you need to stop trying to analyze what you did wrong and understand that it’s really not you, it’s her. She’s only 19 and has been in a FOUR year relationship. I know what that’s like… I’m 20 and have been in a 4 year relationship. As far as I’m concerned, you did nothing wrong except fall in love at such a young age with someone just as young.

I really don’t believe that you are off her mind and I certainly don’t believe that she has stopped caring about you… otherwise, why the hell would she still call you? It’s complicated because on one hand, she cares about you and is trying to call you and show you she cares, and on the other hand, she cares about herself and wants to have fun and flirt with guys like a normal 19 year old girl. She is conflicted just as you are.

My advice is to break it off completely. This would honestly be better for the BOTH of you. I think you need to stay away from her and move on until both of you are ready to settle down. Maybe you’ll meet someone else; maybe you’ll get back together… who knows. The smart thing to do is not speak to her at all for at least a few months, if not a few years.

As for meeting other girls… I don’t know if you’re ready for that yet, but whatever. Talking to girls isn’t rocket science. If she likes you, she will laugh at your lame attempt at a joke. If you are scared of randomly going up to a girl you can first just make eye contact with the girl that you are attracted to and smile. I think the sexiest thing about a man is his smile. Once you do that, she will wonder if you are interested and she is now prepared for you to come and talk to her.

A tip: beautiful is a much better compliment than sexy, cute, hot, or "Daaaymn baby wutz ur name?!".
Old 04-12-2006, 12:23 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by txathlete
Here's a tip to find out if a girl has a bf: tell her that her bf must be a lucky guy. She'll either tell you she has a bf or not. If not, start making conversation. If she has one and you really like her, slighly complement her, let her talk about herself (b/c girls just love to be complemented and hear themselves talk), and then ask her for a date or her #. If she says that her bf won't like that, just tell her that you are interested in her and not her bf. Sometimes you have to be a jerk/aggressive to get the ladies.

**Disclaimer** I'm not an expert and this advice does not always work (but it does most of the time). So if you get shot down, take another drink and try again. Use at your own risk.

lol please don't take his advice. I HATE guys like that. The whole "Your bf is a very lucky man" and "What yo man gotta do wit me" is laughable. When guys say shit like this, girls tell each other and laugh about it!
Old 04-12-2006, 12:28 AM
Instructor

I just keep trying to figure out what I did that made her feel this way, and its bringing my self confidence down

It's NOT you honey! Trust me.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:46 AM
I'm back, biatch.

But the problem with me, is i fucked up and made her my life
It looks like you're finally getting it...
Old 04-12-2006, 01:20 AM
Best D-Line in the NFL

Originally Posted by Siina
I think you need to stop trying to analyze what you did wrong and understand that it’s really not you, it’s her. She’s only 19 and has been in a FOUR year relationship. I know what that’s like… I’m 20 and have been in a 4 year relationship. As far as I’m concerned, you did nothing wrong except fall in love at such a young age with someone just as young.

I really don’t believe that you are off her mind and I certainly don’t believe that she has stopped caring about you… otherwise, why the hell would she still call you? It’s complicated because on one hand, she cares about you and is trying to call you and show you she cares, and on the other hand, she cares about herself and wants to have fun and flirt with guys like a normal 19 year old girl. She is conflicted just as you are.

My advice is to break it off completely. This would honestly be better for the BOTH of you. I think you need to stay away from her and move on until both of you are ready to settle down. Maybe you’ll meet someone else; maybe you’ll get back together… who knows. The smart thing to do is not speak to her at all for at least a few months, if not a few years.

As for meeting other girls… I don’t know if you’re ready for that yet, but whatever. Talking to girls isn’t rocket science. If she likes you, she will laugh at your lame attempt at a joke. If you are scared of randomly going up to a girl you can first just make eye contact with the girl that you are attracted to and smile. I think the sexiest thing about a man is his smile. Once you do that, she will wonder if you are interested and she is now prepared for you to come and talk to her.

A tip: beautiful is a much better compliment than sexy, cute, hot, or "Daaaymn baby wutz ur name?!".
She hasn't called me now for 3-4 days and only called 2 days after the breakup. She met this other hick, and moved on. Therefore, I'm going to move on as well. I doubt we will be back together as it seems like she has lost all feelings for me, and have been slowly losing them for a year now. I shouldn't have been in denial and saw that the relationship was breaking apart. Any future looks grim, I have 2 years left of undergrad and then hope to be at a top graduate school, so it would be hard to work out anyhow. Plus she now likes a totally different kid then I am, she's into the party/super social type. I used to offer her intelligence, honesty, love, and being a fun person to be around. But now she wants to find some hick that is more interested in his alcohol then probably her.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:14 AM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
She hasn't called me now for 3-4 days and only called 2 days after the breakup. She met this other hick, and moved on. Therefore, I'm going to move on as well. I doubt we will be back together as it seems like she has lost all feelings for me, and have been slowly losing them for a year now. I shouldn't have been in denial and saw that the relationship was breaking apart. Any future looks grim, I have 2 years left of undergrad and then hope to be at a top graduate school, so it would be hard to work out anyhow. Plus she now likes a totally different kid then I am, she's into the party/super social type. I used to offer her intelligence, honesty, love, and being a fun person to be around. But now she wants to find some hick that is more interested in his alcohol then probably her.
So what are you waiting for? Start making friends with girls from your classes! You're in university (or college), arguably the best place ever to meet girls (unless you're in engineering or comp sci, in which case you need to have events to meet girls).

Take advantage of the post-secondary environment! Don't you guys have study groups or times where you all sit down and work together on a hard assignment? I've made countless friends just like that in my undergrad. I'm so sad that I only have one semester left after this one's over. Live your life now!
Old 04-12-2006, 08:46 AM
Suzuka Master

2 years of undergrad left and you're complaining???? That's prime time son. This is where boys become men and men become man-whores Save that "love, caring, affection" for later and for someone that appreciates it and gives it back.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:34 AM
Safety Car

dude.. stop being "I don't think.." "I doubt.."
right there, it shows you want her back if she would come back but you can't do shit cuz it ain't your decision whether she'd come back to you or not...

you haven't taken a single step forward man.. stop looking back... geez
Old 04-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Holler at your boy

He is in all internet classes, no chance of meeting girls..
Old 04-12-2006, 02:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mike97 3.0P
2 years of undergrad left and you're complaining???? That's prime time son. This is where boys become men and men become man-whores Save that "love, caring, affection" for later and for someone that appreciates it and gives it back.
My social life really didnt kick in full steam ahead till my last 2 years! HAHA helped i was 21
Old 04-12-2006, 02:48 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

today's a better day so far, with a lot of help from my buddies, its making it clearer to see how i deserve better and the bitch she became, and no im not talking about her leaving, shes a bitch for many other reasons i have come to the conclusion. I'm beginning to see the light, I feel more content, etc..
Old 04-12-2006, 04:03 PM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GoDucksCLSPride
I disagree with his right to be upset. How exactly should one leave a relationship from a spineless co-dependent? She left him and thats that. Shit happens and she neednt further commit her life to a flame that has been out for way too long.

We have all witnessed this relationship drag on for months with obsession driving one side and indifference driving the other. The end was imminent and was only prolonged by the indifferent side remaining tolerant.

Now she has motivation to face the drama and struggle of removing a co-dependent from her life - and that motivation is another man in persuit of her. Before that, it was easier just to tolerate his nonsense. That makes perfect sense to me and is very common in relationships. We all tolarate at one time or another because the alternative, whether it be drama or lonliness, is often worse. Although in this case, id imagine drama avoidance was her instigation.

Now she is leaving him but she is a heartless bitch? In my opinion, this was a long time coming. It was just never worth the struggle of hurting him/dealing with his retorts until now. I dont see why she should be faulted for that.
This is exactly what I meant when I said he had no right to be MAD. She is living her life for HER she isnt married to him ...
Old 04-12-2006, 04:28 PM
Wants an M3 in

BORING for a girl of 19 years
Old 04-12-2006, 07:26 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

Originally Posted by ludachrisvt
BORING for a girl of 19 years
Not every 19 year old needs to go out and party and fuck every weekend, thats just the whores that you all tend to be attracted to. I'm not boring in any respect.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:28 PM
I keeps it real

Not every 19 year old needs to go out and party and fuck every weekend, thats just the whores that you all tend to be attracted to. I'm not boring in any respect.
I don't fuck whores!

I create them
Old 04-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Safety Car

lol
Old 04-13-2006, 08:49 AM
Wants an M3 in

Its not about being attracted to whores young padawon. Girls that young don't want to be "tied down." Face it, they just don't WANT to be "mature" if you will. Something in her brain will click back over in about 5-6 years and she will want guys like you again. Problem is, she will still subsequently cheat on them with the guys she is "tired of." So you are fucked either way buddy

Just become an asshole. That will work wonders for your roster and your self esteem.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:16 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 633 Likes on 281 Posts
you're spineless, gutless, and image less, no, that's not boring to be with at all.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:44 AM
Best D-Line in the NFL

Originally Posted by Astroboy
you're spineless, gutless, and image less, no, that's not boring to be with at all.
you are taking that a little far
Old 04-13-2006, 10:48 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
:ibtheygetbacktogether:
Old 04-13-2006, 10:54 AM
Best D-Line in the NFL

Originally Posted by dom
:ibtheygetbacktogether:
Na, she's already moved on to someone else.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:09 AM
Not Asian

you are taking that a little far
go out there and prove us wrong
Old 04-13-2006, 11:59 AM
East Coast Boost.!

I really feel bad for you, you are a sad human being.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:34 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Titand19
I really feel bad for you, you are a sad human being.
hahahahah

now.. let's encourage him... will ya??
Old 04-13-2006, 02:05 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

Yea, I really need to build up my self confidence, and get rid of the dependance issues, I used to be totally different, but her manipulations have really fucked me up as a person. I need to change now, but i'm having trouble. I'm probably going into a free psychologyst meeting at uf.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:46 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

I went to a tri delt exchange dinner today, and it was pretty good, i had a nice conversation with the girl I sat next to and felt confident when speakign with her.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Well if the tri delts there are how they are at psu (pretty much the hottest, sluttiest sorority around) go get em!!

Quick Reply: Bring me back to Amoeba, I dont care, Just help me (Cliff notes too)