Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

To Break Up Or Not To Break Up? Plz Help!

Old 08-03-2004, 11:40 PM
Class that kicks your ass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Break Up Or Not To Break Up? Plz Help!

Ok, so I have been seeing this girl for a little while now and everything is gravy. But I leave for school in 2 weeks and she leaves in 9 days. I like her but we are going to be 4 1/2 hours away from eachother and that is a drive i am really not looking forward to making just to see her and possibly get some play. Its like we both have talked about it and can go either way with either staying together and putting up with the hard times or just breaking it off and going our seperate ways until we are closer together or something. But I just dont know. My parents have been bugging me to end it so that I have no attachments and I can just enjoy the college experience, and i sort of agree because I am pretty sure I would end up cheating on her but I wanted to know what some fellow Cl owners thought about it. I would appreciate any advice and reasons. Thanks.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:55 PM
Diamonds are forever...

Well if you know you're probably going to end up cheating on her, break up with her for her own good. End it on good terms....no one wants drama.
Old 08-04-2004, 12:00 AM
Above n Beyond

Received 132 Likes on 50 Posts
your 18, its not gonna work out, trust me, and especially if ur starting college.
Old 08-04-2004, 01:35 AM
Go Noles!

oh i was thinking the same thing when i left. was attached to a guy i dated over summer. broke it off, remained friends. a month later i had a boyfriend.

don't sweat it. and DON"T CHEAT. tell her long distance just isn't something you can do right now. but keep it on friendly terms.
Old 08-04-2004, 01:44 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You Already Know The Answer To This Question Grasshoppa... Look Inside Your Heart And It Will Show You The Way.

Old 08-04-2004, 04:47 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by GeishaGirl
Well if you know you're probably going to end up cheating on her, break up with her for her own good. End it on good terms....no one wants drama.
Old 08-04-2004, 10:31 AM
minibike wheelie king ;-)

Your going to be in college living in the dorms!!!! Don't be a vegetarian while working for Angus beef! Have fun while you are still together. Once the two of you leave you don't want to have to worry about weither she is talking to someone else and you don't want to feel bad for talking to other girls. Enjoy what the two of you have shared and move on.
btw post pics of hot college chicks when you get on campus
Old 08-04-2004, 10:52 AM
on to the next one...

I just got out of college a year ago, spent the first two years in the dorms and the last two in a close apartment. I could not be happier that I was single my first two years. Especially if you like to go out and drink and party. I saw the guys that went into college with LD relationships and hated it and they all ended up cheating on them anyway, it was always ugly...Unless you REALLY LOVE her (whatever that means) Just do what is best for you. I wish I was single all four years in college sometimes, but I have my future wife now, so its all good. Trust me, you will meet someone you like even more when you get there, and you'll be glad that you are available then.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:39 AM

Wow, quite a landslide win for ending it. I was leaning towards it but with people that have had these experiences already telling me to do it. I guess the sooner the better so things dont get more serious. Thank you guys I really appreciate it. Looks like im gonna stick to the for now.
Old 08-04-2004, 02:18 PM
Team Owner

I started going out with my girl at 17. A year later we went to different schools (though only an hour away) and things went pretty good, though we "broke up/took time apart" every spring for about a month or so. We visited when we could (once a month, sometimes more) and talked very regularly, and now, 10 years later, we're engaged.

My advice to you: dump her and lay pipe like a plumber.
Old 08-04-2004, 02:21 PM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Stay with her and bang every chance you get when you are at school......out of sight, out of mind!
Old 08-04-2004, 02:22 PM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Always Dirty
I started going out with my girl at 17. A year later we went to different schools (though only an hour away) and things went pretty good, though we "broke up/took time apart" every spring for about a month or so. We visited when we could (once a month, sometimes more) and talked very regularly, and now, 10 years later, we're engaged.

My advice to you: dump her and lay pipe like a plumber.
I say you suggest an open relationship...that way you both know whats coming but can still hit when you both want! Then again wtf do I know, I've been with the same woman since Freshman year in college!
Old 08-04-2004, 02:23 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Nicky Pass
Stay with her and bang every chance you get when you are at school......out of sight, out of mind!
the only thing I really learned in college was how to lie. Oh, and Excel.
Old 08-04-2004, 02:41 PM
sexy ... sexy biotch

where is she goin to college at?? ::wink wink:: heh naw just kiddin ... ive got my girl ... but hey if your goin to ucf ... hit me up with a PM ... same with anyone else here at UCF or comin here
Old 08-04-2004, 03:40 PM
I Miss DOHC!!!

just get a fresh start on everything.....new life, new living, new school, new everything.......
Old 08-04-2004, 04:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 71 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Always Dirty
the only thing I really learned in college was how to lie. Oh, and Excel.

learned Excel too
Old 08-04-2004, 06:44 PM
Racer

I just came from a similar situation, wish we had broken up back when school had just ended. You will both want to be with other people, after having constant attention from each other, it's only natural. Break up before either you or her cheats. Don't prolong things either, either be broken up or not, 100% faithful or not at all, none of this "open relationship" crap as that only leads to emotional pain later on.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:49 PM
Cause stock sux.

Mutual fuck buddy time. Thats what I did with mine when I moved away. Then it got all confusing though. But it was fun while it lasted.
Old 08-04-2004, 08:16 PM
*~ i am a girl ~*

Originally Posted by ferizzo
I say you suggest an open relationship...that way you both know whats coming but can still hit when you both want!
i've never totally understood the whole deal with "open relationships"... one of my guy friends in college had a girlfriend back home and he always talked about how he loved her so much & they were gonna get married & all that... but of course at college he'd be hookin up with a different girl every weekend. his justification was that they had an "open relationship." i guess it's a guy thing... i just can't imagine being in love with someone and wanting to marry them, but still goin around hookin up with other people all the time..?
Old 08-04-2004, 08:50 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,953 Likes on 2,637 Posts
If you're even thinking about ending it....its already over.
Old 08-05-2004, 04:45 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by mesmerize
i've never totally understood the whole deal with "open relationships"... one of my guy friends in college had a girlfriend back home and he always talked about how he loved her so much & they were gonna get married & all that... but of course at college he'd be hookin up with a different girl every weekend. his justification was that they had an "open relationship." i guess it's a guy thing... i just can't imagine being in love with someone and wanting to marry them, but still goin around hookin up with other people all the time..?
it is impossible to be IN love with someone and still cheat on them....I can never imagine cheating on sith...the very thought of ever hurting him that way makes me cry...there is no such thing as an "open" relationship...you just agree to cheat on each other and not lie about it..
Old 08-05-2004, 10:27 AM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mesmerize
I never said have an open relationship with someone you love! Thats the difference between guys are girls (most of the time) is that we know the difference between just being with someone and loving them (they are not one in the same). I've dated other women who I certainly didn't love (some told me they loved me) and then there is my wife, whom I love. My wife and I had to deal with a long distance relationship(2 hours apart driving) my senior year in college and we made it work (no open relationship). I loved her then so I knew it wasn't an option.

Open relationship = I want to hit other hoes but I like you too.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:06 AM
Racer

open relationships are the biggest load of crap, if you love the person, you won't do it. I don't believe that stupid shit of "I love you so much, I want to stay with you, but I want to experience college life too" I've lived it, just got out of it and I can't take the fucking pain, it just drills at you all day long saying "hey stupid ass, why didn't you just realize you were going to get cheated on and fucking end it all" but o well, live and learn.

Every relationship is different, though. My girl and I were together for 10 months, but the last month (her doing summer school) has changed things way too much for us to be back together, sure it hurts, but whatever, once lines are crossed you can't go back on shit. Hindsight is 20/20 and I hope you don't have to go through that. Either way man, best of luck to you and your girl, and if you feel you two are faithful enough then keep the relationship, but it's tough to not desire physical attention after you've been with someone 24/7 for a while, then go to nothing.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:40 PM

wow, you all have been very helpful in me coming to a decision. I think that leaving the realtionship "open" would be ideal because i do still like her but then thinking about her being off at school hooking up with guys and then coming back home and hooking up with me its kinda like whats the point? But whatever. I know what i have to do and it shall be done in the next day or two, but only after we have some fun.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:00 AM
Burning Brakes

have some fun then drop her.
Concentrate on school while you are there. Don't get serious with anyone while there.
Any woman you hook up with now more than likely will not become your wife.
However, how you do in school will determine your career, salary, lifestyle.

Look at it this way, do you want the girl now and be stuck in your CLS for the next 10 years, or would you rather be in an M3 with several to choose from